LymeNet Home LymeNet Home Page LymeNet Flash Discussion LymeNet Support Group Database LymeNet Literature Library LymeNet Legal Resources LymeNet Medical & Scientific Abstract Database LymeNet Newsletter Home Page LymeNet Recommended Books LymeNet Tick Pictures Search The LymeNet Site LymeNet Links LymeNet Frequently Asked Questions About The Lyme Disease Network LymeNet Menu

LymeNet on Facebook

LymeNet on Twitter

The Lyme Disease Network receives a commission from Amazon.com for each purchase originating from this site.

When purchasing from Amazon.com, please
click here first.

Thank you.

LymeNet Flash Discussion
Dedicated to the Bachmann Family

LymeNet needs your help:
LymeNet 2020 fund drive

The Lyme Disease Network is a non-profit organization funded by individual donations.

LymeNet Flash Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply
my profile | directory login | register | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» LymeNet Flash » Questions and Discussion » Medical Questions » those not using abx please respond

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: those not using abx please respond
Sick Tick
LymeNet Contributor
Member # 23003

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Sick Tick     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I would love to hear from anyone who is successfully treating without abx-what, if anything, are you doing and have you had success? I have been off abx for several months now, and improved all the way to my current state-a few lingering symptoms (neuro) that have stabilized now for a couple months....wondering if I am at a standstill because I need to change it up somehow...? I have been doing nothing but B12 and eating many foods known for their anti-inflammatory and immune boosting properties, after my initial treatment with Doxy and IV Rocephin.

For everyone else-please know that I do consider myself an informed victim of this disease. I do not wish to have this topic/thread turn into an argument for or against antibiotics. As has been said here by many, there are many treatment options and what works for one may not work for another.

Thanks

Posts: 283 | From where the ticks are! | Registered: Oct 2009  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
seibertneurolyme
Frequent Contributor (5K+ posts)
Member # 6416

Icon 1 posted      Profile for seibertneurolyme     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Do you think the only infections you have is Lyme?

If you are lucky enough to have no coinfections then if it was me I would probably try to follow the Buhner protocol for at least a year. Hubby takes most of those herbs in addition to his antibiotics. But he has several coinfections which complicates things greatly.

He has done the Buhner herbs by themselves for several months in between various other treatments.

Best wishes.

Bea Seibert

Posts: 7306 | From Martinsville,VA,USA | Registered: Oct 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Sick Tick
LymeNet Contributor
Member # 23003

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Sick Tick     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I tested positive for RMSF also...but Doxy took care of that one in a hurry. I asked to be tested for Bart and Babs, but the ID did not do that. I have wondered if those could be contributing to my symptoms....

I read about Buhner, and it looks like I ought to just buy his book and really immerse myself in that protocol related to the co-infections. Just to CYA!

Thanks for the reply, and wishing your husband well in his treatment.

Posts: 283 | From where the ticks are! | Registered: Oct 2009  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
TS96
LymeNet Contributor
Member # 14048

Icon 1 posted      Profile for TS96     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I used limited Cowden, Samento and Cumanda and parsley to keep me in remission 8 months now.

I recently had some issues come up that made my llmd think I was relapsing but now I think they are yeast candida issues, so technically I'm still in remission.

I'm just treating my yeast now and hopefully no plans to resume abx and no plans to keep taking Cowden.

--------------------
Bart Henslea 1976
Fibro/CFS/arthritis 2004
Lyme diagnosed 2007
3 1/2 years treatment with oral combos, Cowden, IV roc. BW herbs. Off all abx in 12/10. Feeling good.

Posts: 647 | From NY | Registered: Dec 2007  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Lymetoo
Member # 743

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Lymetoo     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
If I were you, I would treat naturally for yeast. You may find much more improvement in your symptoms.

I was successfully treated with abx for 4 yrs. After I was off abx one year, I bought a rife machine. I haven't used it lately, but I credit it with keeping me off abx.

--------------------
--Lymetutu--
Opinions, not medical advice!

Posts: 96222 | From Texas | Registered: Feb 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
sixgoofykids
Member # 11141

Icon 1 posted      Profile for sixgoofykids   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I treated infections with the Bionic 880.

I did Hulda Clark liver cleanses, coffee enemas, Dr. Natura, whey protein, and zeolite for detox. Also parsley and burbur.

I treated parasites with Humaworm and enula.

I used Haritaki for GI health and biofilms. I could not tolerate it in the form of Triphala ... I'm thinking one of the other herbs didn't agree with me.

FIR sauna for heavy metals and general detox.

Coconut oil, eat garlic/onions, take probiotics to prevent yeast.

Fermented foods for gut health ... high in enzymes and probiotics.

KPU protocol - zinc, b6, manganese, etc. for pyroluria.

--------------------
sixgoofykids.blogspot.com

Posts: 13449 | From Ohio | Registered: Feb 2007  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
MDW005
Frequent Contributor (1K+ posts)
Member # 22706

Icon 1 posted      Profile for MDW005     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Im taking Probiotics

Dr.whitakers forward plus daily regimen

omega brites

organic freeze dried garlic

aloe vera

coconut oil

sometimes c-salt

I try to make sure my diet includes mangos and lots of green vegies.
I still have a bottle of doxi if things dont work.

--------------------
God's promises mean you always have something wonderful to look forward to.

Posts: 2150 | From Georgia | Registered: Oct 2009  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
MDW005
Member # 22706

Icon 1 posted      Profile for MDW005     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I also drink alot of green tea and tru blueberry

decaf.

and lemon juice

--------------------
God's promises mean you always have something wonderful to look forward to.

Posts: 2150 | From Georgia | Registered: Oct 2009  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
JoesMom
Member # 15699

Icon 1 posted      Profile for JoesMom     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
My son is doing the condensed cowden protocol. He is just beginning month #2.

He had a hard time about 3/4 of the way through month #1 and we had to back him off a little bit... but now he is back on the schedule.

He does seem to be slightly improved. His brain, at times, seems much clearer. His mood seems to have improved a bit. His energy level at times is a bit better...

Just slight improvements, but they're there, and we are hopeful that they will continue.
He has never taken abx.

Posts: 89 | From NC | Registered: Jun 2008  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
opus2828
LymeNet Contributor
Member # 15407

Icon 1 posted      Profile for opus2828     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I am about to start the Zhang protocol. I am going to be going back on antibiotics but need some time to detox and don't want to get worse while waiting. If would be great if I actually improved.

My LLMD recommended this protocol and I have heard good things about it.

But, like you said, not everything works for everybody. My LLMD actually said this as well.

He said that whatever you choose to try - be sure to stay with it long enough to really know if it works.

For the Zhang protocol, that would be at least 6 months.

I will post any progress or lack of progress after I've been on it a few months.

I am also cleaning up my diet, beginning mild exercise and taking a multi-vitamin, probiotic, fish oil, ubiquinol and Vitamin C.

Posts: 581 | From CT | Registered: May 2008  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
NanaDubo
Member # 14794

Icon 1 posted      Profile for NanaDubo     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I have not had any antibiotics for just about two years.

I am only doing Allegie-Immun, fermented cod liver oil, minerals to replace the metals that are leaving, and Dr.K's rehydration cocktail. A little of this or that when I test for it.

That's it.

Posts: 1129 | From Maine | Registered: Feb 2008  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Sick Tick
LymeNet Contributor
Member # 23003

Thanks, everyone, for replying. I am encouraged to see that natural/herbal remedies are helping others stay in remission! Lymetoo, I had not even considered yeast.

The Cowden also is in book form, correct? What is the biggest differrence between Cowden and Buhner?

Thanks so much all of you....I have made a shopping list for my next trip to Nature's Cupboard!

lymie_in_md
Member # 14197

Icon 1 posted      Profile for lymie_in_md     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
ST -- I'm doing all what six is doing, but I've done the kpu -- don't test for it anymore nor do i test for triphala (haritaki). I use a PE1 instead of a bionic 880.

But I do test for needing higher amounts of alla Catherine Tomara's protocol -- vitamin k2 / D / -- eat lots of sardines for the vitamin A and for some reason need lots of electrolytes. So I'm using lots of potassium bicarb in drinks with lots of sugar. 3 weeks on doing this...

--------------------
Bob

Posts: 2150 | From Maryland | Registered: Dec 2007  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
bejoy
Member # 11129

Icon 1 posted      Profile for bejoy     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
PE-1 (near infrared light) with nosodes (homeopathics of the diseases) similar to Six with Bionic 880.

Buhner herbs, bee venom ointment, and probiotics. Also chlorella and ciantro for metals, and B12 injections for energy.

Lots of detox and drainage.

Also had to treat for sick house and mold illness with ozone and PE-1.

After 30 years of lyme, I went from mainly housebound to a full and active life.

--------------------
bejoy!

"Do not go where the path may lead; go instead where there is no path and leave a trail." -Ralph Waldo Emerson

Posts: 1918 | From Alive and Well! | Registered: Feb 2007  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
sparkle7
Member # 10397

Icon 1 posted      Profile for sparkle7     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I did the full Cowden protocol for about 6 months. It's good but it has some limitations. I didn't get well.

I tried my own version of treating with infared light but I hit a snag with it. It was making me worse. I think it may be due to a parasite problem that I had but didn't know about.

I treated the parasites but I still didn't become well. I figured that maybe what was making me ill was not Lyme - since I didn't progress at all with anything.

My main symptom is pain. So, now I just spoke to my doctor & he told me he thinks I have babesia even though my symptoms are not typical.

I just started using Nutramedix Quina. It's making me herx alot! I'm hoping this will be what's been keeping me from getting well. My doctor wants me to go on abx but I've been researching the herbal protocols & I'm more comfortable with them.

I'm going to mix and match a protocol based to Zhang, Bruner & Cowden. I just tried some Resveratrol (Japanese Knotweed) & it's making me herx alot, too.

I can't give you a definite yes or no as to what to do. I just prefer using the herbs over the abx. It's a hard decision. Some people do well with the herbs, some with the abx, some with other things, some with both abx & herbs.

It goes against my thinking to use abx for a long time since they do so much damage to the GI tract. I don't have anything against drugs.

Lyme & company need to be treated for a long time in most cases - I feel more comfortable using something that doesn't have bad side effects.

From what I know now - you really have to treat the co-infections even if you don't have the typical symptoms. I neglected to do this.

If I didn't have an adverse effect from the infared light, I would try that again. I'll just have to see how things go. My case has not been easy.

I was not a typical person who got Lyme & saw a tick & all of that but I'm not too different than many people here who have been ill & suffering for a long time.

You just have to keep trying things & studying until you find what works. Sometimes, it can take years... Good luck.

Posts: 7772 | From Northeast, again... | Registered: Oct 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
sixgoofykids
Member # 11141

Icon 1 posted      Profile for sixgoofykids   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Sparkle, I felt bad starting the resveratrol and had to ramp up. This was AFTER Lyme treatment. It seemed to affect my GI symptoms, so I'm not sure what it was doing - parasites? toxins?

--------------------
sixgoofykids.blogspot.com

Posts: 13449 | From Ohio | Registered: Feb 2007  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Sick Tick
LymeNet Contributor
Member # 23003

Thanks....I am with you regarding concerrn using abx long term....and I am thankful that I am feeling well enough and for a long enough time to feel comfortable continuing without them....at least for now.
Brussels
Member # 13480

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Brussels     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Favorite anti-infective treatment: PE1 plus nosodes.

Second favorite anti-infective: Sanum homeopathics + Heel homeopathics (for cleansing)

Third favorite anti-infective treatment: Buhner's herbs for borrelia, some Cowden herbs /tinctures + Chinese herbs for coinfections, frozen garlic as wide spectrum anti-infective.

Main support for toxin elimination: saliva autonosodes. PE1 using Nogier frequencies. Camphora D200 rubbed on lymph nodes. Chlorella in high doses ingested many times a day.

MSM when things get bad. Bear garlic tincture for kidneys. Cardamon powder in tea. Rechtsregulat D1. Sauna. Be away from EMRs (they harm a lot).

Best ever heavy metal detox 'protocol' I tried: KPU plus pre-KPU supplements (Vit K2 included).

EMRs-free sleeping sanctuary. A pre-condition to heal, in my opinion.

Posts: 6199 | From Brussels | Registered: Oct 2007  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
JoesMom
Member # 15699

Icon 1 posted      Profile for JoesMom     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by Sick Tick:
...The Cowden also is in book form, correct? What is the biggest differrence between Cowden and Buhner?

I don't believe the Cowden protocol is in book form. You can download it from the internet though.

http://www.bionatus.com/nutramedix/pages/lymepage.html

This page has a lot of information about the protocol that I found very helpful- a lot of reading though!

The biggest difference between the two that I am aware of, is that with Cowden the anti-microbials (Cumanda, Banderol, etc) are used on a rotation basis along with detox herbs. There is also a way to handle herx with other herbs in the protocol as well, and the procedure handles them quite effectively. I have seen it with my son.

From what Dr Cowden has stated, this rotation is a necessity as it allows the bacteria to go through it's natural adaptations and each antimicrobial zaps them in different ways.

In the above website, check down at the bottom. There is a link to listen to Dr Cowden on a radio broadcast in which he speaks about the effectiveness and necessity of the antimicrobial rotation etc. I found it fascinating and actually the first bit of information about Lyme treatment that actually made sense to me...and it's why I went ahead with it for my son.

I have read that some people need to stay on it longer than six months. That makes sense too- if you have been severely ill for a very long time, like for years, it only makes sense that 6 months won't be enough... right??

I guess I see the 6 months as a guideline- if you need to stay on it longer you certainly can, and safely too.

After reading it and going through it with my son, I appreciate why his Dr recommended it.

HTH

Posts: 89 | From NC | Registered: Jun 2008  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
MichaelTampa
Member # 24868

Icon 1 posted      Profile for MichaelTampa     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
For those who have had significant success with the PE1 (I think a few above have posted that), could you tell me how you use it. By this, I am wondering if it is something you can just do yourself, without a doctor having a real treatment plan and knowledge about what to do? Or, have you gone to a health care practitioner for treatment with the machine? What protocol are you using?

I'm new to the lyme diagnosis and am looking for non-antibiotic treatment options. Thanks.

Michael

Posts: 1927 | From se usa | Registered: Mar 2010  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator

Quick Reply
HTML is not enabled.
UBB Code� is enabled.

Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | LymeNet home page | Privacy Statement