LymeNet Home LymeNet Home Page LymeNet Flash Discussion LymeNet Support Group Database LymeNet Literature Library LymeNet Legal Resources LymeNet Medical & Scientific Abstract Database LymeNet Newsletter Home Page LymeNet Recommended Books LymeNet Tick Pictures Search The LymeNet Site LymeNet Links LymeNet Frequently Asked Questions About The Lyme Disease Network LymeNet Menu

LymeNet on Facebook

LymeNet on Twitter

The Lyme Disease Network receives a commission from Amazon.com for each purchase originating from this site.

When purchasing from Amazon.com, please
click here first.

Thank you.

LymeNet Flash Discussion
Dedicated to the Bachmann Family

LymeNet needs your help:
LymeNet 2020 fund drive

The Lyme Disease Network is a non-profit organization funded by individual donations.

LymeNet Flash Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply
my profile | directory login | register | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» LymeNet Flash » Questions and Discussion » Medical Questions » Protease vs lumbrokinase vs nattokinase vs serrapeptase???

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: Protease vs lumbrokinase vs nattokinase vs serrapeptase???
gwb
Frequent Contributor (1K+ posts)
Member # 7273

Icon 1 posted      Profile for gwb     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
So many options to chose from. How do you decide which one is right for you? Some feedback would be appreciated.

Gary

P.S. I know I didn't list them all but just curious to know what some of you are using and why?

Posts: 1349 | From OK | Registered: May 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
gwb
Member # 7273

Icon 1 posted      Profile for gwb     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Hoping to get a little feedback before leaving the clinic today.
Any comments?

Gary

Posts: 1349 | From OK | Registered: May 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
rmruss
Member # 11409

Icon 1 posted      Profile for rmruss     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I use both Lumbrokinase and Nattokinase.

They appear to help break up biofilms.

You may want to give them a try and see how they work for you.

Posts: 45 | From Medford, NJ | Registered: Mar 2007  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
jkmom
LymeNet Contributor
Member # 14004

Icon 1 posted      Profile for jkmom     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
My daughter's LLMD recommended Boluoke (lumbrokinase). I believe he is going after the biofilm with that.
Posts: 984 | From US | Registered: Dec 2007  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
MariaA
Member # 9128

Icon 1 posted      Profile for MariaA     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
enteric coating seems to be important in choosing among these options.

I used Flavenzyme and generic Nattokinase from Vitacost.com and they seemed to give me good results in making me feel better- I think because of inflammation reduction.

If you have Singleton's book The Lyme Disease Solution, he talks a lot about how the enzymes work. I don't get the sense that you have to use one specific brand, as long as it's enteric coated (of course my Nattokinase wasn't, the Flavenzyme is).

--------------------
Symptom Free!!! Thank you all!!!!

Find me at Lymefriends, I post under the same name.
diet: http://lymefriends.ning.com/group/healthylowcarbrecipes
Homemade Probiotics thread
Herbal Links Thread

Posts: 2552 | From San Francisco | Registered: Apr 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
baileypup
LymeNet Contributor
Member # 22824

Icon 1 posted      Profile for baileypup     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I use Throne Bromelain and Allergy Research lumbrokinase.

Bromelain is taken on an empty stomach and is used for thinning fibrin and sticky blood. I also take it with minocycline, because it enhances antibiotic penetration.

Lumbrokinase (boulouke) is taken away from bromelain, and is a clot buster, bio-film buster.

Many peolple love Neprinol, but it is expensive. Some use Recht's Regulat, which is also expensive.

I didn't find nattokinase or seraptase that effective for me. Bromelain is inexpensive, and really worked for me. It is my favorite supplement.

What is it that you are using systemic enzymes for? The reason I ask is because they can do so many things. They can be taken with food, and be a digestive enzyme. For me, my leg was very tight and inflammed. It helped to reduce the fibrin and get the blood flowing, which took away the stiffness and some of the pain.

Posts: 964 | From san diego | Registered: Oct 2009  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Lymeorsomething
Member # 16359

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Lymeorsomething     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Good info. everyone...thanks for sharing.

--------------------
"Whatever can go wrong will go wrong."

Posts: 2062 | From CT | Registered: Jul 2008  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
pamoisondelune
Member # 11846

Icon 1 posted      Profile for pamoisondelune     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I take high doses of nattokinase because i have a gene favoring blood clots. My body tells me how much to take! If i get any spot pain or uncomfortable spot in lower legs, i take more. I do take it with food, and it works, but i have to take a greater amount than when i also take it on empty stomach.

I take serrapeptase on an empty stomach for biofilms.

----Polly Polygonum
---or Nilufar Knotweed

Posts: 1226 | From USA | Registered: May 2007  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Cass A
Member # 11134

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Cass A     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
My LLMD told me to take lumbrokinase due to seizure activity, because, he said, it directly works on brain circulation. I took it for many, many months. It is very expensive. I quit when I could, and started Rechts Regulat.

Dr. K says that Rechts Regulat is the best for handling hypercoagulation. Well, I definitely had THAT--could hardly get a tube of blood out in a blood draw!!! Rechts Regulat completely fixed it.

Now, I take only a very, very small amount of Rechts Regulat every day--maybe 1/8 teaspoon--and that is still fine. So, even though a bottle costs a lot, it lasts a long time.

My husband needs systemic enzymes to keep fibrin in his blood vessels cleaned out. He uses Vitalzym (a mixture of enzymes) now, but has also used Neprinol (also a mixture) and the other single-enzyme products. When on sale, Vitalzym is the least expensive, and seems to work well for him.

Hope this helps!

Best,

Cass A

Posts: 1245 | From Thousand Oaks, CA | Registered: Feb 2007  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Lymeorsomething
Member # 16359

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Lymeorsomething     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Cass, is there more than one online source of Rechts Regulat?

--------------------
"Whatever can go wrong will go wrong."

Posts: 2062 | From CT | Registered: Jul 2008  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
springshowers
Member # 19863

Icon 1 posted      Profile for springshowers     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Bulouke .. is what I take ..

But .. What is your goal Gary? Biofilms?

Posts: 2747 | From Unites States Of America | Registered: Apr 2009  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
gwb
Member # 7273

I have high fibrin in my blood. My goal is to get rid of it and also, yes, to fight biofilms.

My doctor has me on Transformation Protease. Here's a link to the product:

http://www.enzymes.com/tpp_protease.html

Gary

hobokinite
LymeNet Contributor
Member # 6132

Icon 1 posted      Profile for hobokinite     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
How much Thorne Bromelain do you take?
Posts: 462 | From Newnan, GA | Registered: Aug 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator

Quick Reply
HTML is not enabled.
UBB Code� is enabled.

Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | LymeNet home page | Privacy Statement