LymeNet Home LymeNet Home Page LymeNet Flash Discussion LymeNet Support Group Database LymeNet Literature Library LymeNet Legal Resources LymeNet Medical & Scientific Abstract Database LymeNet Newsletter Home Page LymeNet Recommended Books LymeNet Tick Pictures Search The LymeNet Site LymeNet Links LymeNet Frequently Asked Questions About The Lyme Disease Network LymeNet Menu

LymeNet on Facebook

LymeNet on Twitter

The Lyme Disease Network receives a commission from Amazon.com for each purchase originating from this site.

When purchasing from Amazon.com, please
click here first.

Thank you.

LymeNet Flash Discussion
Dedicated to the Bachmann Family

LymeNet needs your help:
LymeNet 2020 fund drive

The Lyme Disease Network is a non-profit organization funded by individual donations.

LymeNet Flash Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply
my profile | directory login | register | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» LymeNet Flash » Questions and Discussion » Medical Questions » mrs2000/pemf treatment?

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: mrs2000/pemf treatment?
maureen2174
LymeNet Contributor
Member # 11471

Icon 1 posted      Profile for maureen2174     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
has anyone tried pemf treatment for lyme/coinfections/viruses?

it seems like it would be pretty effective, but i can't seem to find a whole lot of feedback on it.

i am considering purchasing a mrs2000. i know paul (steelbone) is using it and he knows of a practitioner using it with good results.

just wondering if anyone on here has tried it or knows someone who has used it and helped by it?

trying to get more feedback before spending the money on it.

thanks, maureen

Posts: 871 | From NJ | Registered: Mar 2007  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
steelbone
LymeNet Contributor
Member # 14014

Icon 1 posted      Profile for steelbone     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
up

--------------------
All The Best,
Paul
[email protected]

The harder you work the luckier you get!

Posts: 965 | From Nebraska Cornhuskers fan in Massachusetts | Registered: Dec 2007  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Nutmeg
LymeNet Contributor
Member # 7250

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Nutmeg     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Maureen,

Sending you a PM.

Nutmeg

Posts: 386 | From WA state | Registered: May 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
maureen2174
LymeNet Contributor
Member # 11471

Icon 1 posted      Profile for maureen2174     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
appreciate your pms nutmeg!

up for more feedback

Posts: 871 | From NJ | Registered: Mar 2007  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
sparkle7
Frequent Contributor (5K+ posts)
Member # 10397

Icon 1 posted      Profile for sparkle7     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
FYI - http://www.pemft.net/2009-pemf-reviews.html

I don't know if this reviewer is affiliated with any products.

Posts: 7772 | From Northeast, again... | Registered: Oct 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Robin123
Member # 9197

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Robin123     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I enjoyed my several sessions with a 500-700 gauss pemf machine at a medical practitioner's office. The machine was called a magnapulse.

I felt a lot more energy afterwards, any pain was greatly diminished for several hours, and my constant tinnitus got silenced for six hours.

My throat got tight in the beginning and I had to drink a lot of water. I'm wondering whether it caused toxins to flush out into the lymph system and that's why my throat got tight. I don't know.

If anyone else has had throat-tightening from treatments and has a clue as to whether this is a detox reaction, please feel free to comment - thx

I read about it - it boosts the electromagnetic energy in the body and helps everything function better.

It's used to treat injured race horses to get them back on the track more quickly - ie, it speeds up healing. I give it a big thumbs-up.

Posts: 13116 | From San Francisco | Registered: May 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
sparkle7
Member # 10397

Icon 1 posted      Profile for sparkle7     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Another option - http://www.braintuner.com/silvermat.htm

Specifications

Width: 40 in. Length: 80 in. Thickness: 1.2 inch
Voltage: 110 volt version only
Magnetic Field Strength - 330 Gauss
Ion Output - 652,000 /ml.
Levels of Heating Adjustment - Nine
Shipping Weight: 33 pounds
Canvas Carrying Bag Included
Warranty - 1 yr. parts & Labor

Posts: 7772 | From Northeast, again... | Registered: Oct 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
cuffee
Member # 18491

Icon 1 posted      Profile for cuffee     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I've worked with the MRS for a year and a practioner who is a great believer and am going to invest in one. I'll keep you posted. Sparke7, thanks for the link.
Posts: 32 | From Southcoast, MA | Registered: Dec 2008  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
steelbone
LymeNet Contributor
Member # 14014

Icon 1 posted      Profile for steelbone     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I have one and use it daily- Hasnt been a huge help yet- But i am hopefull as my bacteria load comes down the mrs200 will take over.

Di you see the practitioner in westport?

--------------------
All The Best,
Paul
[email protected]

Posts: 965 | From Nebraska Cornhuskers fan in Massachusetts | Registered: Dec 2007  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
cuffee
Member # 18491

Icon 1 posted      Profile for cuffee     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Yes, Steelbone. Any thoughts
Posts: 32 | From Southcoast, MA | Registered: Dec 2008  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
steelbone
LymeNet Contributor
Member # 14014

been using it daily since novermber- knee pain might be a bit better- Thats about it

i have read in the manual that it can take 6-12 month to see good results. So i will continue to use it daily

I got mine from craigslist for 2100:)

email me- want to share something else with you

--------------------
All The Best,
Paul
[email protected]

maureen2174
LymeNet Contributor
Member # 11471

thanks for the link sparkle- that silver mat seems so much more affordable. i sleep on a biomat now and i love it. will look into the silver mat.

i am holding off on the mrs2000 until i see how Paul (steelbone) does with it in the longterm.

my symptoms are basically all neuro. right now, so i am trying to find effective treatments to hit the cns. i need some calming, that's for certain.

sparkle- the guy that reviews the pemf in the one link you provided is affiliated with the mrs2000. he is a practitioner using it and i am pretty sure he sells them. i was going to buy a used one from him, but missed out on it while i was thinking about it (which is fine, since i hadn't really made up my mind about it).

cuffee- what benefits are you noticing from using the mrs2000?

i wonder how the silver pad compares with it..... anyone know? maureen

maureen2174
LymeNet Contributor
Member # 11471

wow- just looked up pemf and there seem to be lots of pemf products.

the QRS is another one that seems somewhat similiar to the mrs2000. the good thing about that one is that even though it is still around $2700, you can rent it for 8 weeks at $50 per week ($400) and return it or buy it for the difference that you would owe.

i wish i understood it all better and knew which one to try because it seems pemf is so beneficial. so confusing though.....

maureen2174
LymeNet Contributor
Member # 11471

i did call about the silver mat, but it is mostly infrared. the owner recommended the QRS or another one (maybe curatron or something like that, i forget exact name)

so, i guess as far as pemf mats go, you still have to consider the QRS or the mrs2000. too bad they are so expensive though. although the other ones are so much more!

maureen2174
LymeNet Contributor
Member # 11471

i did order the silver mat to give it a try. i love, love my biomat, but that has no pemf in it.

i am also going to order a mrs2000 next week- am going to specifically try it for my ear symptoms. hope it helps- will keep everyone updated.

sparkle7
Member # 10397

Keep us updated on this. I'm interested, too. I have been sleeping on a magnetic mattress pad for years. I don't know if it helps but I do miss it if I sleep somewhere else.

There are alot of studies about how PEMF is good. There used to be more products around but it seems some of them have been taken off of the market. I don't know if some law was changed about selling these devices.

I missed alot of posts here because my internet connection was down for about a month. We had some problems with ATT... Hopefully, it will be OK for now.

Anyone try the mag pulser by SOTA? It's smaller but it may give you an idea if this therapy will work for you.

maureen2174
LymeNet Contributor
Member # 11471

yes, i will keep you posted on it.

i know someone else who is trying this too, so i will keep you posted on her results. i am in contact with her through email.

maritzap
Member # 11146

Icon 1 posted      Profile for maritzap     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
My daughter has been using the mrs2000 for about 10 months now. Ww first tried a free session which she had amazing results of going upstairs quickly without pain compared to stiff and slow walking prior to treatment. We then rented it for 2 weeks to see how she would respond long term. Her sleep dramatically improved by adding 1-2 hours deep sleep, and she gets excellent pain symptom relief including stomach pain and nausea.
This has been a great help in her lyme treatment, but I do not think it kills bugs, but helps the body deal with toxins and heal.
I think everyone responds differently and I really recommend renting before buying since it is expensive. I know others who have not had as good effect as my daughter has. But I do not hesitate to say TRY IT.
I do not have lyme and have used it occasionally when I feel run down, and I do feel better afterwards-nothing really dramatic.
I also have been having our dog lay on the mat once a day since the dog has been diagnosed with bone cancer last year. The dog has outlasted her prognosis of 2 -4 months without any chemo, only mrs2000 and herbs. Could be a coincidence? who knows.
Hope this helps someone.
Take care

Posts: 75 | From San Diego, CA | Registered: Feb 2007  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
maureen2174
LymeNet Contributor
Member # 11471

up for more comments. i ended up not buying one in march. the sale fell through. i did just buy one though and was wondering if anyone else is using it.

thanks, maureen

Quick Reply
HTML is not enabled.
UBB Code� is enabled.

Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | LymeNet home page | Privacy Statement