LymeNet Home LymeNet Home Page LymeNet Flash Discussion LymeNet Support Group Database LymeNet Literature Library LymeNet Legal Resources LymeNet Medical & Scientific Abstract Database LymeNet Newsletter Home Page LymeNet Recommended Books LymeNet Tick Pictures Search The LymeNet Site LymeNet Links LymeNet Frequently Asked Questions About The Lyme Disease Network LymeNet Menu

LymeNet on Facebook

LymeNet on Twitter

The Lyme Disease Network receives a commission from Amazon.com for each purchase originating from this site.

When purchasing from Amazon.com, please
click here first.

Thank you.

LymeNet Flash Discussion
Dedicated to the Bachmann Family

LymeNet needs your help:
LymeNet 2020 fund drive

The Lyme Disease Network is a non-profit organization funded by individual donations.

LymeNet Flash Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply
my profile | directory login | register | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» LymeNet Flash » Questions and Discussion » Medical Questions » nerve/twitching/throbbing question

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: nerve/twitching/throbbing question
Karen Mc
LymeNet Contributor
Member # 23354

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Karen Mc     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Learning721 posted a question about muscle twitching and there was some good replies.

I have muscle twitching as well and severe muscle cramps--especially in calves and feet

but I have started having what seems to be burning in legs, feet, hands and fingers. It also seems to be throbbing.

I was just wondering if anyone thinks this is the same thing?

I do try to take epson salt baths to help with the muscle aches and cramps but am not taking any magnes. that I know of.

Just wondering what ya'll thought

Thanks and God Bless,

Karen [Smile]

Posts: 423 | From Virginia | Registered: Nov 2009  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
MBB3
LymeNet Contributor
Member # 13459

Icon 1 posted      Profile for MBB3     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Hello Karen:

I have had the exact same symptoms you mentioned for over 3 years now.

It fluctuates and the cramping is NOT as bad and frequent as the burning, or almost, compressed feeling in my hands feet and lower legs.

Have you undergone abx treatment yet? Could you share what your protocol was/is? Do you only have a lyme dx?

Take Care,

MBB3

Posts: 247 | From The Country | Registered: Oct 2007  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Karen Mc
LymeNet Contributor
Member # 23354

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Karen Mc     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Hi,
I was finally diag April 2009 and have been seeing a LLMD since then.

I was on omniceff, zitromax and minocin.

I went off omniceff as it cost so much (insurance no pay)

and was taking until 1 week ago:

Minocin 100 mg M-W-F am & pm

Zithromax--half tablet 600 mg T-Thur-Fri. am & pm

and Bactrim Ds 600mg everyday am & pm.

I switched last week from the Bactrim to

Rifampin 300 mg.

I was able to take Bactrim everyday and so far have been able to tolerate the Rifampin twice a day.

My LLMD wanted me to take the Minocin & Zitro more but I couldn't tolerate it.

I also have been on Plaquenil 200 mg.

I tried that 2-3 times a day but couldn't tolerate so I usually take a half tablet am & pm. im trying to add an afternoon half as well.

The last thing (besides some supplements for adrenal, milk thistle etc) I am taking is

Artemisinin.

I thought the art. was helping but he had me stop from taking everyday (have been on it for months) to taking it 2 weeks on...1 week off.

Since I started that a couple of weeks ago I seem to be worse.

My LLMD (4 and half hrs from where I live) is GREAT I just seem to have a REALLY bad case with co-infections etc

Muscle cramps, fatique, twitching, severe nerve and muscle problems, bouts of depression and the ringing in ears is TERRIBLE..

Some times with the ear ringing I want to die.

but all in all considering how I was when I started seeing him in April I have improved.

I really need to check out stuff people are
talking about like green tea, magn. etc

but my head gets to spinning so much when I get to reading that I get so confused, exhaused and just end up turning the computer off.

Thanks for help everyone and I hope everyone has a GREAT coming week with less pain and more peace.

[group hug]

Karen

Posts: 423 | From Virginia | Registered: Nov 2009  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Karen Mc
LymeNet Contributor
Member # 23354

One other thing I just saw.

MBB# asked me if I was only seeing a LLMD

FUNNY U SHOULD ASK.....

I do have a family Dr who has been supporative...I usally go in loaded with info to supply him with when I need his treatment...

Well....

JUST yesterday I took my son (17) to see him as He had jammed his finger and I want to try to get the ball rolling on getting him tested for lyme

My son is "fighting" me on it..I think he is afraid to find out and I was hoping our MD could help me out in explaining how important it is for him to get tested...

I really thought my MD was understaning this whole lyme process but I could have been bought for a penny when he turned to me and asked.

"Are you still taking antibotics."

I said yes, told him what I was on and I swear (i don't like to swear)

but I swear he looked at me with the most puzzled look on his face....

you would have thought I told him I was living on the moon

GO FIGURE

oh well...

Thank the Lord we have each others and some Great LLMD's or I am sure we would

ALL GO CRAZY...

ok...ok... Crazy sooner than we are LOL

Love and Peace,

Karen (:

IckyTicky
Frequent Contributor (1K+ posts)
Member # 21466

Icon 1 posted      Profile for IckyTicky     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Throbbing? Sounds like chronic inflammation.
I get it too.

--------------------
IGM: 18+, 23+, 30+, 31+++, 34+, 39IND, 41++, 58+++, 66+, 83-93IND
IGG: 31+, 39IND, 41+
Also positive for Mycoplasma Pneumoniae and RMSF.
Whole family of 5 dx with Lyme.

Posts: 1014 | From Texas | Registered: Jul 2009  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
learning721
LymeNet Contributor
Member # 23798

Icon 1 posted      Profile for learning721     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Hey! Just wanted to say i've had the burning too from time to time! I've had it in various places of my body but not as much as the twitching i have going on

It seems like things change all the time...i had forgotten about the burning till i saw your post-you know i've even gotten this on my neck and a spot on my head? REALLY strange. Thank God not lately- wish i could say what helped.

Posts: 116 | From Texas | Registered: Dec 2009  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator

Quick Reply
HTML is not enabled.
UBB Code� is enabled.

Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | LymeNet home page | Privacy Statement