LymeNet Home LymeNet Home Page LymeNet Flash Discussion LymeNet Support Group Database LymeNet Literature Library LymeNet Legal Resources LymeNet Medical & Scientific Abstract Database LymeNet Newsletter Home Page LymeNet Recommended Books LymeNet Tick Pictures Search The LymeNet Site LymeNet Links LymeNet Frequently Asked Questions About The Lyme Disease Network LymeNet Menu

LymeNet on Facebook

LymeNet on Twitter

The Lyme Disease Network receives a commission from Amazon.com for each purchase originating from this site.

When purchasing from Amazon.com, please
click here first.

Thank you.

LymeNet Flash Discussion
Dedicated to the Bachmann Family

LymeNet needs your help:
LymeNet 2020 fund drive

The Lyme Disease Network is a non-profit organization funded by individual donations.

LymeNet Flash Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply
my profile | directory login | register | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» LymeNet Flash » Questions and Discussion » Medical Questions » what to expect from chelation

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: what to expect from chelation
laura_from_nh
Member # 18885

Icon 1 posted      Profile for laura_from_nh     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
so i'm going on a heavy metal detox. forgot to ask my LLMD to expect in terms of how i'll feel.

experiences anyone can share?

thanks!

--------------------
Misdiagnosed and untreated from 1993-2008.
- iGenex positive western blot for LD: 9/08
- Clinical diagnosis for Babesia: 2/09
- Positive blood smear for Bartonella: 3/09

Started treatment: 1/09

Posts: 91 | From New Hampshire | Registered: Jan 2009  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
lightparfait
Frequent Contributor (1K+ posts)
Member # 22022

Icon 1 posted      Profile for lightparfait     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Make sure you have all amalgam metals removed from your mouth and stop any meds/birth control, or using products that contain metals.

IT will not work with metals in your body.

Also, take the KPU test to see if you will just re-absorb the metals in other areas, rather than eiminate them. Very important!!!!! Many with chronic illness and lyme have this defect that needs to be addressed before taking on any heavy metal chelation.

Check threads for KPU.

Posts: 1009 | From NJ | Registered: Aug 2009  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
sixgoofykids
Member # 11141

Icon 1 posted      Profile for sixgoofykids   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I felt better when I chelated.

--------------------
sixgoofykids.blogspot.com

Posts: 13449 | From Ohio | Registered: Feb 2007  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
laura_from_nh
Member # 18885

Icon 1 posted      Profile for laura_from_nh     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
remove my fillings? i don't think this is just my opinion, but i go to one of the very best LLMDs and he did not say i'd have to have them removed. with all the other treatment-related treatments i could never afford to have that done.

didn't know about KPU. no idea what that even is. thanks!

--------------------

Posts: 91 | From New Hampshire | Registered: Jan 2009  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
steelbone
LymeNet Contributor
Member # 14014

Icon 1 posted      Profile for steelbone     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Much harder to get well with silver fillings and root canals- not saying you cant...its just harder to do so

--------------------
All The Best,
Paul
[email protected]

The harder you work the luckier you get!

Posts: 965 | From Nebraska Cornhuskers fan in Massachusetts | Registered: Dec 2007  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
GiGi
Frequent Contributor (5K+ posts)
Member # 259

Icon 1 posted      Profile for GiGi         Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Doing chelation without removing the existing amalgam fillings is not a good idea.

Chelation does not mean that the metals make it out of the brain, brainstem, liver and kidney or gut, or any other area. It takes other agents to complete the move and timing is critical
depending on where the major deposits are. You don't want to be shifting problems - you want to be rid of them.

The smoking tooth in this video which had been pulled 25 years ago -- tells it.

Inform yourself as best you can before you spend energy, health and money. I have been there!

Please watch this video:

http://www.youtubelanka.com/video/9ylnQ-T7oiA/Smoking-Teeth-Poison-Gas.html

Good luck and take care.

Posts: 9834 | From Washington State | Registered: Oct 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
NanaDubo
Member # 14794

Icon 1 posted      Profile for NanaDubo     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Will add my two cents here. I had ONE IV chelation treatment and it felt horrible.

It pulled metals (from amalgams and other places) and they had no where to go. Through Allergie-Immun testing I discovered that I (as many others here) did not recognize several heavy metals as toxic.

They roamed around all night looking for a new place to settle.

For me, it was not pleasant.

Posts: 1129 | From Maine | Registered: Feb 2008  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
dogmom2
LymeNet Contributor
Member # 23822

Icon 1 posted      Profile for dogmom2   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
that's a disturbing video about the smoking tooth, what material is safe if you replace the mercury fillings?

Thanks, diana

Posts: 857 | From northern california | Registered: Dec 2009  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
NanaDubo
Member # 14794

Icon 1 posted      Profile for NanaDubo     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
A good biological dentist will test your for compatible replacement materials.

Some composites work well for some people and not for others.

Posts: 1129 | From Maine | Registered: Feb 2008  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
laura_from_nh
Member # 18885

i'm still confused why my LLMD would not mention this. he's one of the top guys out there and i trust him with my life. it doesn't make sense that he'd start me on this protocol if he had any doubts about it given my fillings.

thanks for all the comments.

--------------------

NanaDubo
Member # 14794

There are some great docs out there. Some are not up on the relationship between chronic illness and metal toxicity. Some look at that right away.

Not saying yours is or isn't - just good to be educated about all aspects.

There is a lot of info on this site regarding amalgam fillings if you do a search.

Quick Reply
HTML is not enabled.
UBB Code� is enabled.

Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | LymeNet home page | Privacy Statement