LymeNet Home LymeNet Home Page LymeNet Flash Discussion LymeNet Support Group Database LymeNet Literature Library LymeNet Legal Resources LymeNet Medical & Scientific Abstract Database LymeNet Newsletter Home Page LymeNet Recommended Books LymeNet Tick Pictures Search The LymeNet Site LymeNet Links LymeNet Frequently Asked Questions About The Lyme Disease Network LymeNet Menu

LymeNet on Facebook

LymeNet on Twitter

The Lyme Disease Network receives a commission from Amazon.com for each purchase originating from this site.

When purchasing from Amazon.com, please
click here first.

Thank you.

LymeNet Flash Discussion
Dedicated to the Bachmann Family

LymeNet needs your help:
LymeNet 2020 fund drive

The Lyme Disease Network is a non-profit organization funded by individual donations.

LymeNet Flash Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply
my profile | directory login | register | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» LymeNet Flash » Questions and Discussion » Medical Questions » Anyone ever have dental infection in jaw?

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: Anyone ever have dental infection in jaw?
db
LymeNet Contributor
Member # 733

Icon 1 posted      Profile for db     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I've had a lot of dental work in the since this past August. I've read up on past posts regarding root canals and while I'm only 51 and would like to have teeth I think sometimes I should have just had them all pulled. I had a root canal on the back lower right molar in Dec. Still waiting for it to be finished. I'm going to the dental school here. Last night I noticed it hurt to open my mouth. Pain in back right jaw. Didn't think too much of it because i've had this feeling at times in my life. Sort of like jaw is out of alignment. Same thing this morning. I felt inside and touched that right back molar and YOWZA did it hurt. Two pain pills later and the side of my cheek hitting it still hurts it. I think the tooth is infected which probably means more clindamycin and for sure FLORASTOR!!! Do you guys think this is causing the jaw pain?? Anyone ever have to open up a toot and have a tub put it to drain the infection? I ask because that sounds like it might feel good at this point. Thanks for your help. db
Posts: 153 | From Texas | Registered: Feb 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
db
LymeNet Contributor
Member # 733

Icon 1 posted      Profile for db     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I meant...."open up a TOOTH and have a TUBE put in to drain the infection!" Sorry guys I must be loopy on the two pain pills and I'm in a lot of pain. - - - If Tincup reads my original post she might never let me live it down! lol ....Again, thanks.
Posts: 153 | From Texas | Registered: Feb 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
GiGi
Frequent Contributor (5K+ posts)
Member # 259

Icon 1 posted      Profile for GiGi         Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I would never ever put a root canal in any tooth anywhere. http://www.tuberose.com/Root_Canals.html

A dead or dieing tooth produces toxin that is worse than mercury -- it is also carcinogenic.
Google mercaptans and thioethers. It cannot be cured by any abx. The root canal, which is a dead tooth, keeps producing it as long as it remains in the mouth, and your body is fighting to eliminate it for years thereafter. I am, to this date, after removing all my root canals 12 years ago, toxic with thioethers in body tissue far away from my mouth.

You may also have a learned professional check your wisdom teeth sites. The infection often is present there and can also cause symptoms as you describe. A dental school may be okay, but they also need to teach how to do root canals in order to have a good living when they get through training.

All I can say - don't do it. Get a partial instead to replace that and any missing teeth that you may have. It is not good to walk around with missing teeth because it changes the bite and thus the structure upward and downward. Not only chewing, but your brain function, neck, back, etc.

Good luck to you. Hope you never have to go through what I went through.

Take care.

Posts: 9834 | From Washington State | Registered: Oct 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Pinelady
Member # 18524

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Pinelady     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
You can also do a search for jaw necrosis caused by borrelia. It is well documented.

--------------------
Suspected Lyme 07 Test neg One band migrating in IgG region
unable to identify.Igenex Jan.09IFA titer 1:40 IND
IgM neg pos
31 +++ 34 IND 39 IND 41 IND 83-93 +
DX:Neuroborreliosis

Posts: 5850 | From Kentucky | Registered: Dec 2008  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Lymetoo
Member # 743

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Lymetoo     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
db... How are you doing after your appointment with the dentist? What did she say?

Hope you are "OK"... [group hug]

--------------------
--Lymetutu--
Opinions, not medical advice!

Posts: 96222 | From Texas | Registered: Feb 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
TF
Member # 14183

Icon 1 posted      Profile for TF     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I had a lot of dental pain when I had lyme disease. I got a pain in the lower jaw in the back as you describe. Dentist did a root canal on a tooth back there to get rid of my pain.

It didn't get rid of the pain. So, he did a root canal on the tooth next to it. When that still didn't get rid of the pain, he threw up his hands and said, "I'm not doing any more root canals on you." And, he sent me to a dental surgeon to find out what was going on.

The surgeon concluded that I had "inflammation" and told me to take about 8 Advil per day, if I remember correctly. I had to take narcotic pain meds along with the Advil, the pain was so bad.

I had this "burning in the jaw, like liquid fire flowing down" for months. It was worse on cold and wet days. The surgeon agreed that this was consistent with inflammation and said my pain might not go away until we got out of winter and into spring.

That's the way it was too. For months on end I wanted somebody to cut my head off. I lived continuously on the narcotic pain meds.

So, looking back, I now know that lyme disease was the culprit. It gave me all kinds of facial pain over the years I had it.

So, even if you had the tooth pulled, you could still be in pain. That is my message. You may just want to stop all dental work if possible.

If it is an infection, blood tests should show that. If no infection is present, you need to consider the possibility that this is lyme disease.

I agree with the dental article posted above. I finally made up a long list of dental-type symptoms lyme disease can cause and gave it to my dentist. He asked me for it. Hope it helps someone avoid unnecessary dental work.

Posts: 9931 | From Maryland | Registered: Dec 2007  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
db
LymeNet Contributor
Member # 733

I've been reading your replies and trying to soak in all this good info. you've all sent to me.

Never had thought this could be Lyme related. Ugh. The jaw feels like it's hard to open and sort of locked up. The abx and pain meds have helped with the tooth pain but if this is more of the Lyme than anything else I will have to take another day to address that both emotionally and mentally. I can certainly see where Lyme could be the culprt but hate to think it is!

GiGi, I've read the info. on the link you provided last month, took notes, etc. Based on that knowledge I would have never had a root canal done but I saw no way around it. I actually have NINE root canals now. Scary based on the info. provided. Right now I'm very strapped for money so I'm at a loss. What steps are taken to remove a root canal. I'm looking at @650-675ea for 4 crowns. How does this cost compare to the cost of a partial? Would you mind sharing that? Would appreciate that piece of info. .....Have the root canals created more specific health problems for you?

A lot to think about here. Thank you.

db

lymie_in_md
Frequent Contributor (1K+ posts)
Member # 14197

Icon 1 posted      Profile for lymie_in_md     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
The cheapest way around this without removing your teeth which in my estimation makes it alot worse before it gets better, is to kill the infection as best you can.

The first and simplest and cheapest method to reduce pain is cloves. Chew them when ever you get pain, if you can't chew them get some powder and put some in the mouth. Another, herbal that might help is triphala costs about 12 dollars as the health food store. It is dry and bitter, but it will help to kill organisms you don't want from the mouth all the way to the lungs.

Read up on oil pulling which will draw some of the pathogens to the oil plus it will reduce plaque a great deal. Plaque or the organism that form it also create the poisons which cause issues along the meridians. By lowering the poisons flowing through your mouth, your immune system might catch up.

Rinse with salt water / sodium bicarbonate several times a day. Get some ph strips and test for acidity inside the mouth.

http://www.zellies.com/store.asp?pid=11451

You might want to read the following links which do a pretty good job of describing your dental options:

http://www.wholebodymed.com/library_education_details.php?pid=38

http://www.wholebodymed.com/library_education_details.php?pid=42

Now although Dr. Breiner has made some excellent points. What he isn't telling you is the power of nutrition, the power of thought, the use of herbs, alkalizing the body, and the potential for rifing to lower the bacterial load around the mouth. Also ozone can be a very powerful remedy my DDS used on a problematic root canal. Not one of these by themselves can result in solving the problem. But they could potentially together create a more livable solution.

I have 6 root canals and chose to keep them so far. I have a dentist I feel is very good at helping me assess what I should or should not do. We both agree they are inert for the time being both structurally in my and how my meridians might be impacted.

Also one other thing to consider, removing a tooth still puts a hole in the jaw, and it is a void and subject to infection, and with infection the thioethers and mercaptans can come back in a missing tooth as well as a dead tooth.

If you would like to read further, Dr. Breiner wrote a book on whole body dentistry. You could google it if you would like to read further.

--------------------
Bob

Posts: 2150 | From Maryland | Registered: Dec 2007  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
TF
Member # 14183

Icon 1 posted      Profile for TF     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Regarding the problem of having difficulty opening your jaw, that may just need time to resolve itself.

A coworker of mine (doesn't have lyme disease or any health problems) had this happen after a root canal. She could barely open her mouth. She had to take food through a straw, could only take soups, etc.

She left her dentist and went to mine for a diagnosis. My dentist told her that this is a result of how long she had to hold her mouth open to have the root canal. He sees it from time to time.

I believe he told her that she just had to give it time and it would improve. It did improve slowly over time. So, that may be the only thing wrong with the inability to open your mouth. I don't know if she was supposed to take anti-inflammatories or not.

I think I would take anti-inflammatories for this. Maybe ask your dentist.

I hope this is your problem.

Posts: 9931 | From Maryland | Registered: Dec 2007  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator

Quick Reply
HTML is not enabled.
UBB Code� is enabled.

Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | LymeNet home page | Privacy Statement