LymeNet Home LymeNet Home Page LymeNet Flash Discussion LymeNet Support Group Database LymeNet Literature Library LymeNet Legal Resources LymeNet Medical & Scientific Abstract Database LymeNet Newsletter Home Page LymeNet Recommended Books LymeNet Tick Pictures Search The LymeNet Site LymeNet Links LymeNet Frequently Asked Questions About The Lyme Disease Network LymeNet Menu

LymeNet on Facebook

LymeNet on Twitter

The Lyme Disease Network receives a commission from Amazon.com for each purchase originating from this site.

When purchasing from Amazon.com, please
click here first.

Thank you.

LymeNet Flash Discussion
Dedicated to the Bachmann Family

LymeNet needs your help:
LymeNet 2020 fund drive

The Lyme Disease Network is a non-profit organization funded by individual donations.

LymeNet Flash Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply
my profile | directory login | register | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» LymeNet Flash » Questions and Discussion » Medical Questions » alternating chills/sweats, continuously. What gives?!?

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: alternating chills/sweats, continuously. What gives?!?
garunner
LymeNet Contributor
Member # 19474

Icon 1 posted      Profile for garunner     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I've been treating for over a year, including 6+ months of babs stuff: Mepron/Art/IV Zithro. Have made great progress, but night sweats have slowly been creeping back and suddenly I've got complete cold/heat intolerance, chills, and sweats/hot flashes 24/7. My sleep totally sucks as I wake up several times a night drenched. My internal thermostat is completely whacked and my body is exhausted from trying to stay warm/cool down.

My LLMD is confounded and has ordered a bunch of labs: hormones, adrenals, etc. I should add that I am a 51 year old female, still having pretty regular periods.

I'm normally on antibiotics 2 weeks, then off 2 weeks, but I recently took 3 weeks off and just started back (Omnicef, Mycobutin, Minocin) this Monday. Is it possible the extra week off is wreaking havoc? Or is the babs coming back (my LLMD doesn't think so)? Appreciate any thoughts/ideas.

--------------------
IV graduate. As of 1/10, oral Omnicef, Minocyline, Mycobutin, Levaquin, and Flagyl. Lyrica and a bunch of supplements.

Posts: 123 | From Atlanta | Registered: Mar 2009  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Shosty
Unregistered

Icon 1 posted            Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
This is from peri-menopause. I am 58 and had the same thing at 51. It may last a few years.

I was in the midst of Lyme treatment at the time, but never attributed this to Lyme or Lyme meds.

Check out menopause books, and you will see how common this is.

I am surprised at your LLMD being "confounded." I would think that for a female your age, the cause would be pretty obvious. His hormonal testing will show something, I would think.

You can do bioidentical hormones if you like. You can even do just bioidentical progesterone (google the writings of Dr. John Lee on this)>

I could not do the hormone creams. I found it was easier to work on accepting these symptoms and concentrate on the fact that they would someday go away, and, for the most part, they have.

IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Pinelady
Frequent Contributor (5K+ posts)
Member # 18524

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Pinelady     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
If your menses are still regular I would suspect Lyme. I was told pre menopause, per levels, but as soon as I

started Doxy I went to normal menses after not having one for almost a year. Lyme does mess with

our hormones, but I would also consider a bug causing it too.

--------------------
Suspected Lyme 07 Test neg One band migrating in IgG region
unable to identify.Igenex Jan.09IFA titer 1:40 IND
IgM neg pos
31 +++ 34 IND 39 IND 41 IND 83-93 +
DX:Neuroborreliosis

Posts: 5850 | From Kentucky | Registered: Dec 2008  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Shosty
Unregistered

Icon 1 posted            Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
How old were you at the time?

Age 51 is pretty definitely getting into menopause. In fact, it is on the late side.

Garunner, have you been to a gynecologist?

IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
garunner
LymeNet Contributor
Member # 19474

Icon 1 posted      Profile for garunner     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I'm due for my yearly, but I think my LLMD is running more detailed tests than my gyno would ever think to do. Believe me, I'm going to get this figured out because I can't put up with 2 or more years of this !@# !

Breast cancer runs in my family. Can I do bioidentical hormones?

Nightime issues feel exactly like the Babesia era. I just don't get the round the clock stuff. Hoping it is just a herx and will go away on my off weeks, but I suspect not. I know I'm not the first female to deal with this, but it's pretty debilitating for me (or am I just a whiner?)!

--------------------
IV graduate. As of 1/10, oral Omnicef, Minocyline, Mycobutin, Levaquin, and Flagyl. Lyrica and a bunch of supplements.

Posts: 123 | From Atlanta | Registered: Mar 2009  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
garunner
LymeNet Contributor
Member # 19474

Oh, by the way, I also tried my first HBOT also this week. I don't know if is was just coincidence, but everything was much worse following the session (not to mention I almost fainted in the chamber).

--------------------

trigal2
LymeNet Contributor
Member # 20578

Icon 1 posted      Profile for trigal2     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I too suffer/ed from night sweats and day time chills. I would also break out in sweats very easily during the day when I would over-exert myself (did not take much).

I am not quite in the menopause age (though could be approach peri) and my cycle is like clockwork - no symptoms of peri. Hormones check normal.

When I began Biaxin over 2 months ago within a week the night sweats and chills went away.

I have had periods where they come back but not nearly as bad.

I recently began pulsing and noticed an increase in them again. I am still not convienced that i dont have a co.

I think it is so hard to tell sometimes what is causing what and that it is easy to blame things on hormones. TG

Posts: 376 | From New Jersey | Registered: Jun 2009  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Sammy07
Member # 17627

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Sammy07     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I agree. I am 58 years old. I was soaking wet for years and my PCP said it was menopause. Started mepron and they all went away. Sounds like babs to me.
Posts: 16 | From Watertown, MA | Registered: Oct 2008  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator

Quick Reply
HTML is not enabled.
UBB Code� is enabled.

Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | LymeNet home page | Privacy Statement