LymeNet Home LymeNet Home Page LymeNet Flash Discussion LymeNet Support Group Database LymeNet Literature Library LymeNet Legal Resources LymeNet Medical & Scientific Abstract Database LymeNet Newsletter Home Page LymeNet Recommended Books LymeNet Tick Pictures Search The LymeNet Site LymeNet Links LymeNet Frequently Asked Questions About The Lyme Disease Network LymeNet Menu

LymeNet on Facebook

LymeNet on Twitter

The Lyme Disease Network receives a commission from Amazon.com for each purchase originating from this site.

When purchasing from Amazon.com, please
click here first.

Thank you.

LymeNet Flash Discussion
Dedicated to the Bachmann Family

LymeNet needs your help:
LymeNet 2020 fund drive

The Lyme Disease Network is a non-profit organization funded by individual donations.

LymeNet Flash Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply
my profile | directory login | register | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» LymeNet Flash » Questions and Discussion » Medical Questions » Have rash on chest- please help me identify - pic inside

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: Have rash on chest- please help me identify - pic inside
BackinStOlaf
Frequent Contributor (1K+ posts)
Member # 23725

Icon 1 posted      Profile for BackinStOlaf     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
on week 3 of lyme treatment
amox 3,000 mg a day.

also have similar peeling rash on my eyelid- it's very small but has been there for weeks.

http://i31.photobucket.com/albums/c368/lighteyes20/rash.jpg

[ 03-03-2010, 12:54 PM: Message edited by: BackinStOlaf ]

--------------------
First Symptom 9/09
Multiple docs, negative Labcorp test
LLMD: 1/10
Positive Igenex/CDC test
Treatment 2/10
2/10-8/10 Amox, ceftin, zith, flagyl
Currently: Bicillin, Minocycline, still dealing with severe breathing issues

-

Posts: 1121 | From New York, New York | Registered: Dec 2009  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
BackinStOlaf
Member # 23725

Icon 1 posted      Profile for BackinStOlaf     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
bump- anyone?

--------------------
First Symptom 9/09
Positive Igenex/CDC test
Treatment 2/10

-

Posts: 1121 | From New York, New York | Registered: Dec 2009  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
twingirl
Member # 13172

Icon 1 posted      Profile for twingirl     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Not sure what it could be. Does it itch? I also have a rash on my eyelid. It' peels a bit and it itches. Then I got it on the other eyelid as well. Bendryl helped a lot. My right eyelid was also swollen. I just happened to have an appt with my neuro opthamologist and he gave me a cream and said it was inflamation and not to worry.

Mine is almost gone now with using the benedryl and eyecreme.

--------------------
dar

Posts: 95 | From michigan | Registered: Sep 2007  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
BackinStOlaf
Member # 23725

thanks for the response. It doesn't itch at all and seems to be getting bigger and redder throughout the day *shrug*

--------------------
First Symptom 9/09
Positive Igenex/CDC test
Treatment 2/10

-

ping
Member # 6974

Icon 4 posted      Profile for ping     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
BinSt.O - I couldn't open the link, but would ask you if the rash started when you began abx tx? If so, you're likely allergic to the abx. Any shortness of breath, palps or anything else? If this is the case, call your doc NOW and ask to get taken off the particular abx and put on something else, after you let the offending abx get out of your system.

Allergic reactions are very dangerous, much more so than most side effects or herxes. Call your doctor!

--------------------
ping
"We are more than containers for Lyme"

Posts: 1302 | From Back in TX again | Registered: Mar 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
BackinStOlaf
Member # 23725

started abx 3 weeks ago- got rash today

but had the eye rash for the whole time

no other allergic symptoms- no palps or shortness of breath

--------------------
First Symptom 9/09
Positive Igenex/CDC test
Treatment 2/10

-

ping
Member # 6974

Icon 14 posted      Profile for ping     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by BackinStOlaf:
started abx 3 weeks ago- got rash today

but had the eye rash for the whole time

no other allergic symptoms- no palps or shortness of breath

Well, this is good! Did you tell your doc about the rash? If not, you need to do so.

Best to you, BIStO. I read your post often and know you've got a lot to work on, as many of us do. Hang in there.

--------------------
ping
"We are more than containers for Lyme"

Posts: 1302 | From Back in TX again | Registered: Mar 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
schnuddelka
LymeNet Contributor
Member # 8031

Icon 1 posted      Profile for schnuddelka   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I get rashes like this all the time, sometimes they get really swollen, too if they're on my arms or legs. My eyes even swelled shut once.

I find hydrocortisone cream helps dry it up, sarna lotion helps with itch if it itches, but if it gets "weepy" or "pussey" cortisone cream helps. I know we're supposed to be careful with steroids, but I haven't gotten worse after a little topical cream. One or two applications usually dries it up.

As to the cause, I have had biopsies, and rhumatologists are stumped, my gp is stumped, they don't know. My llmd doesn't even know. Good luck! I hope it goes away!

--------------------
When given lyme make lymeade!
A tick check a day keeps lyme away! [email protected]
Raising awareness by creating as many lymebassadors as possible!

Posts: 158 | From Northern Wisconsin | Registered: Oct 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Beachinit
LymeNet Contributor
Member # 21040

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Beachinit     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I think its a combination of bacterial kill off
and change in skin flora and increased mechanical sensitivity of the skin. I would try
lotrimin cream, and ease back on the antibiotic dose for 2-3 days if your Dr. says ok. I do not think it is a true allergy to the ampicillin though.

Beachinit

--------------------
Ideas not advice.

Posts: 448 | From Downeast Maine | Registered: Jul 2009  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
broncomom
Member # 24651

Icon 1 posted      Profile for broncomom     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
was wondering if anyone has problems with itching. i have been itching all over for gthe past two days. it's so bad that i have been up almost all night for the past two nights. it's making me crazy..

--------------------
broncomom

Posts: 25 | From virginia beach va | Registered: Feb 2010  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
twingirl
Member # 13172

Icon 1 posted      Profile for twingirl     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Itching can be from liver overload. Are you detoxing enough? Do you take milkthistle for your liver? Detoxing properly and milkthistle can help with itching if it is from toxins.

--------------------
dar

Posts: 95 | From michigan | Registered: Sep 2007  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator

Quick Reply
HTML is not enabled.
UBB Code� is enabled.

Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | LymeNet home page | Privacy Statement