LymeNet Home LymeNet Home Page LymeNet Flash Discussion LymeNet Support Group Database LymeNet Literature Library LymeNet Legal Resources LymeNet Medical & Scientific Abstract Database LymeNet Newsletter Home Page LymeNet Recommended Books LymeNet Tick Pictures Search The LymeNet Site LymeNet Links LymeNet Frequently Asked Questions About The Lyme Disease Network LymeNet Menu

LymeNet on Facebook

LymeNet on Twitter

The Lyme Disease Network receives a commission from Amazon.com for each purchase originating from this site.

When purchasing from Amazon.com, please
click here first.

Thank you.

LymeNet Flash Discussion
Dedicated to the Bachmann Family

LymeNet needs your help:
LymeNet 2020 fund drive

The Lyme Disease Network is a non-profit organization funded by individual donations.

LymeNet Flash Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply
my profile | directory login | register | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» LymeNet Flash » Questions and Discussion » Medical Questions » Getting well with diet alone?

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: Getting well with diet alone?
richedie
Frequent Contributor (1K+ posts)
Member # 14689

Icon 1 posted      Profile for richedie     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I talked to a nutritionist who said she got well by doing 100% raw food for 3 years PLUS wobenzyme.

Has anyone tried this route?

--------------------
Mepron/Zith/Ceftin
Doxy/Biaxin/Flagyl pulse.
Artemisinin with Doxy/Biaxin.
Period of Levaquin and Ceftin.
Then Levaquin, Bactrim and Biaxin.
Bactrim/Augmentin/Rifampin.
Mepron/Biaxin/Artemisinin/Cat's Claw
Rifampin/Bactrim/Alinia
Plaquenil/Biaxin

Posts: 1949 | From Pennsylvania | Registered: Feb 2008  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
randibear
Honored Contributor (10K+ posts)
Member # 11290

Icon 1 posted      Profile for randibear     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
hmm, i know it's an integral part of getting better but i didn't know you could do it alone.

anybody???

--------------------
do not look back when the only course is forward

Posts: 12262 | From texas | Registered: Mar 2007  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Keebler
Honored Contributor (25K+ posts)
Member # 12673

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Keebler     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
-
He may not have had lyme. Or he was very lucky.

Infection MUST be specifically addressed. Wobenzyme can be very helpful but as to how it works with spirochetes and cyst form - might be something to look further into.

While whole foods and some raw foods can be great, a stressed liver will be further stressed by a entire diet of only raw foods. The liver is vital to good digestion and has to work very hard with some raw foods. Many with lyme have very stressed digestion all the way around.

JUICING would be a better idea for some of the hard veggies, LIGHT STEAMING for others makes them more easily digested.

Raw for a few of those more easily digested such as the dark berries or tart apples - or small servings of celery and a few carrot sticks. Chew very well.

This advice came from my naturopathic doctor when I posed this question to her.

In addition to some plant protein, my body really needs animal protein twice a day. While some raw food enthusiasts are vegetarian or even vegan . . . there is one end of the raw foods movement that advises eating raw meat.

THAT can be very dangerous and bring about life-threatening infections and worms of various types. Avoid raw or undercooked meats, eggs or fish. These should all be thoroughly cooked.

You might pick up some books on JUICING at your library. Remember, though, not too many carrots and a small glass of juice goes a long way. Jumbo glasses are too much sugar and just too many calories all at once, too.

And Juicing can be incorporated into a diet with steamed veggies and other cooked foods. Be sure to eat ALL the pulp, somehow - in cold salads or soups but it is important to get all the fiber back in to your body - that is as important to body cleansing as anything, the fiber.
-

Posts: 48021 | From Tree House | Registered: Jul 2007  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Keebler
Member # 12673

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Keebler     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
-
Hey, Wobenzyme is still a very good supplement. I just have to question as to if it would be enough, along with raw foods diet, for every single lyme patient.

Do you also have coinfections? THAT can change things, too.

First, it is important to learn ALL about the spirochete. This is a start:

www.townsendletter.com/FebMar2006/lyme0206.htm

BIOCHEMISTRY OF LYME DISEASE: BORRELIA BURGDORFERI SPIROCHETE / CYST

by Prof. Robert W. Bradford and Henry W. Allen (2006)

EXCERPTS:

. . . A discovery of great importance relating to a toxin produced by the causative agent of Lyme disease, Borrelia burgdorferi, has been linked to a similar toxin produced by the organism Clostridium botulinum (botulism). . . .

[extensive explanation of:]

* Lyme Disease Toxin . . .

* Action of Toxin . . .

* Dietary Supplements in Lyme Disease . . .

. . . .

- Full article and great photos at link above.

-------

NOTE OF CAUTION: While this is an excellent article regarding the information about the spirochete/cyst, there is one serious caution with one of the treatments suggested: Bismuth.

Bismuth, in extreme forms or methods of use, can be dangerous (and has been connected to fatality from IV use). If you download the article, please copy and paste this note to top your page.

Reading - and learning - about the nature of this infection is invaluable. The authors offer much in that regard, I just wish they'd adequately cautioned that bismuth requires lots of education.
-

Posts: 48021 | From Tree House | Registered: Jul 2007  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Keebler
Member # 12673

-
There is much more to learning about the spirochete than the article above. You'd want to learn more.

Then learn ALL you can about Wobenzyme, not just from their literature but also from 3rd party authors - those who are not connected in anyway to the company.

Ask your LLMD. Read what LLMDs have to say about it.

I wonder if you could find out about that person who did well with Wobenzyme and diet alone. Can you find out how long he had lyme - was it neurolyme? . . . were there other infections, etc. Had he done any other anti-spirochete treatments early on?

I have to wonder but also, with anyone saying they are all better, it's good to ask more questions. We may learn something valuable. Or not. But you have to take a full look before you will know.

Oh, and HOW MUCH Wobenzyme. Some take a ton of this. It's very expensive, indeed. I could never afford the dose my doctor wanted me to take. So, can he get me a cut rate?

Just realized we are talking about a she, not a he. I'm not going back to change all my pronouns. I hope you find out some interesting and helpful stuff. Let us know, okay?
-

gwb
Member # 7273

Icon 1 posted      Profile for gwb     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Dr Ron is a big proponent of eating raw meats. He too has lyme disease and keeps it under control by eating healthy including the westonprice.org way of eating.

Check him out here: http://www.drrons.com/

Gary

Posts: 1349 | From OK | Registered: May 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Keebler
Member # 12673

-
But there are often parasites in raw meats. How does one reconcile with that? Some life-threatening infections, beside parasites, can be transmitted with raw meat. And one may not know for some time afterward.

Puzzling, indeed.
-

sixgoofykids
Member # 11141

Icon 1 posted      Profile for sixgoofykids   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I think it depends on how sick you are. I went into remission twice on diet, sunshine, and exercise. A third time, which lasted 12 years until I was bitten again, I did the same, got my amalgams removed, and chelated.

But, when I got bitten again and got more coinfections (babesia), I did not get better, it wasn't enough.

My diet used to consist of about 60-80% raw foods and juicing along with cooked meats, breads, pasta, rice, etc. The most recent illness killed my gut, now everything has to be cooked. The longer I'm well, and the longer I work on healing my gut with fermented foods, the better it's getting.

--------------------
sixgoofykids.blogspot.com

Posts: 13449 | From Ohio | Registered: Feb 2007  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
sparkle7
Frequent Contributor (5K+ posts)
Member # 10397

Icon 1 posted      Profile for sparkle7     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Everyone has different genetics. For me, eating well did not help. I bet some people have specific genetics that may make them resistant to Lyme - so, they don't get effected as badly by it as others do.

Just a hunch... If some people can get well with diet alone it may not be true of everyone. I always think it's good to eat well but I'm not sure if it's a cure.

Posts: 7772 | From Northeast, again... | Registered: Oct 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
linky123
Member # 19974

Icon 1 posted      Profile for linky123     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
It's helpful to get a food allergy test done, so we know what foods adversely affect our immune systems.

By avoiding those foods, we can help the process along, but I don't think most of us could not get well on diet alone.

The thought of eating raw meat just creeps me out. Like someone mentioned above, parasites, and all kinds of bacteria that can make a person really sick. Scary.

--------------------
'Come to me, all you who are weary and burdened, and I will give you rest.' Matthew 11:28

Posts: 2607 | From Hooterville | Registered: Apr 2009  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
massman
Unregistered

Icon 1 posted            Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Good strong stomach acid, which we should all have, will generally kill paras + many bacteria. I hope you don't believe those drug pushing acid reflux ads.

Allergies ? You can get tested (ALL ages) with specific computers very quickly. And many respond well to NAET. After that you do not have to avoid those foods.

Too good to be true ? Some things in life are [Cool]

IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
seekhelp
Member # 15067

Icon 1 posted      Profile for seekhelp     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
GiGi says it is too good to be true.

quote:

Too good to be true ? Some things in life are [Cool] [/QB]

Posts: 7545 | From The 5th Dimension - The Twilight Zone | Registered: Mar 2008  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
TerryK
Member # 8552

Icon 1 posted      Profile for TerryK     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I think it would be a mistake to rely only on diet to deal with such a formidable infection and especially for those of us with several co-infections.

Over the decades that I've had lyme disease and co-infections, I've had several remissions by making some chanages in lifestyle. For many years, I didn't know what was wrong with me or I would have dealt with the infections.

At one time, my diet consisted of homemade vegetable and fruit juices and lightly steamed vegetables and some other natural remedies and I had a remission but then I had a bout of stress which caused a major relapse and nothing brought me back after that.

Had I been dealing with the infections and had the diet and other things I was doing in place, I've no doubt that I would have done much better. Oh, I agree with keebler, we need some animal protein too.

Terry
I'm not a doctor

Posts: 6286 | From Oregon | Registered: Jan 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
richedie
Member # 14689

Icon 1 posted      Profile for richedie     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I wasn't trying to start trouble. She is reputable and recommended by my LLMD. This is how she got better......not everyone.

She said she has also gotten another person well on an 80% raw diet. She doesn't get a lot of Lyme patients her way but always recommends what I said above.

The 100% raw would be tough for me. I do eat TONS of raw foods, nuts, veggies, fruit, etc...but I eat plenty of cooked foods. I am not a big meat eater but eat it a few times a week.

She mentioned she switched to Transformational Enzyms TPP Protease as a better product. She feels you have to take thee enzymes in order to break down the proteins. She fels this is essential in any lyme protocol.

Thinking you need animal protein is old thinking. Protein is protein. That has been proven time and time again. I have the college text books with the research that proves it time and time again. A book dosen't necessarily prove it, but there is too much research and real life experience thourhg time and various cultures to think otherwise. I am not going to argue, I just hate to see people misled, that's all. [Frown]

--------------------
Mepron/Zith/Ceftin
Doxy/Biaxin/Flagyl pulse.
Artemisinin with Doxy/Biaxin.
Period of Levaquin and Ceftin.
Then Levaquin, Bactrim and Biaxin.
Bactrim/Augmentin/Rifampin.
Mepron/Biaxin/Artemisinin/Cat's Claw
Rifampin/Bactrim/Alinia
Plaquenil/Biaxin

Posts: 1949 | From Pennsylvania | Registered: Feb 2008  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Keebler
Member # 12673

-
"She doesn't get a lot of Lyme patients her way . . ."

I'd sure want to work with someone who has years of experience and has treated hundreds or thousands of other lyme patients, most of whom got better. Someone who has professional communication with other LLMDs and LLNDs.

Does she know the science behind the spirochete?

If you go without animal protein be sure to supplement L-CARNITINE and TAURINE, as well as the usual B-12. There is not enough of those in plants. And those with chronic infection require more protein in order to make enough glutathione, necessary for the liver to do its job.
-

Keebler
Member # 12673

-
http://icmr.nic.in/ijmr/2006/august/0804.pdf

- 20 pages

THE REQUIREMENTS OF PROTEIN & AMINO ACID DURING ACUTE & CHRONIC INFECTION . . .

Anura V. Kurpad - Institute of Population Health & Clinical Research, Bangalore, India 129. Indian J Med Res 124, August 2006, pp 129-148.

Excerpt:

" . . . In general, the amount of EXTRA protein that would appear to be needed is of the order of 20-25 per cent of the recommended intake, for most infections. . . ."

- Full article at link (or google the title if it does not go through).
-

mati
LymeNet Contributor
Member # 15233

Icon 1 posted      Profile for mati     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Hi

The way to eat raw meat is to put it in the freezer for 24 hours or so - I forget the time needed. It kills parasites.

I am having to consider going this route - not to heal Lyme - my tests from Metametrix show that it is probably not possible now - but to reduce some of the symptoms which are becoming intolerable - the pain and the depression.

I consulted a doctor/naturopath and although he did not say I was incuable, I know from what he left out.

The problem is the high level of toxins and the inability to detox.

I will report how I get on but will not be able to start till the new crops start coming in to the shops.

Posts: 148 | From europe | Registered: Apr 2008  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator

Quick Reply
HTML is not enabled.
UBB Code� is enabled.

Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | LymeNet home page | Privacy Statement