LymeNet Home LymeNet Home Page LymeNet Flash Discussion LymeNet Support Group Database LymeNet Literature Library LymeNet Legal Resources LymeNet Medical & Scientific Abstract Database LymeNet Newsletter Home Page LymeNet Recommended Books LymeNet Tick Pictures Search The LymeNet Site LymeNet Links LymeNet Frequently Asked Questions About The Lyme Disease Network LymeNet Menu

LymeNet on Facebook

LymeNet on Twitter

The Lyme Disease Network receives a commission from Amazon.com for each purchase originating from this site.

When purchasing from Amazon.com, please
click here first.

Thank you.

LymeNet Flash Discussion
Dedicated to the Bachmann Family

LymeNet needs your help:
LymeNet 2020 fund drive

The Lyme Disease Network is a non-profit organization funded by individual donations.

LymeNet Flash Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply
my profile | directory login | register | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» LymeNet Flash » Questions and Discussion » Medical Questions » Detox Methods for Children?

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: Detox Methods for Children?
jenny76
LymeNet Contributor
Member # 18205

Icon 5 posted      Profile for jenny76     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Hello,

I need some ideas for detox for my 12 year old son. He is treating Lyme and Babesia now with Zith and Mepron. His LLMD has him on Theralac for a probiotic but that is all.

I feel that he needs some other detox methods. This LLMD treats daily, no breaks and there has got to be some way for him to rid the toxins from his body.

Fish oil?
NAC?
Mag?

Other methods?

Also, what about yeast control?

Any thoughts??

Thanks [Smile]

--------------------
Never, Never, Never give up!

Posts: 395 | From Connecticut | Registered: Nov 2008  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
lauriemay1
LymeNet Contributor
Member # 24153

Icon 1 posted      Profile for lauriemay1     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Hi, having the same trouble over here with my 14 year old daughter, Lyme and Babesia. Just started meds last week. She does take alot of vitamins, Fish Oil, C, B12 and she drinks Aloe Vera Juice (which has magnesium)also. The doctor instructed us to have her take 4 acidophilus pills daily at least 2 hours before or 2 hours after her meds. She is currently on Monodox which is a form of doxcycline. I want to know also how to get her to detox all this crap out of her as quick as possible. She is having some constipation now but made a BM today... I was getting worried. I'm sure the BM's move the toxins out of her body also. If you find anything out let me know!
Thanks,
Laurie

Posts: 163 | From Central New Jersey | Registered: Jan 2010  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
jenny76
LymeNet Contributor
Member # 18205

Icon 1 posted      Profile for jenny76     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Laurie,

What doses of supplements such as Fish Oil and Mag?

So sorry you are dealing with this too!! I will keep you posted if I find anything else out!

--------------------

Posts: 395 | From Connecticut | Registered: Nov 2008  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
tick battler
Frequent Contributor (1K+ posts)
Member # 21113

Icon 1 posted      Profile for tick battler     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I think you could take some drops of nutramedix Burbur mixed in water. Another detox is lemon/water - I make a "lemonade" with fresh lemon juice, water and stevia. That's what I give my young children. I also try to have them exercise as much as they can tolerate.

FIR saunas would be another method.

tickbattler

Posts: 1763 | From Malvern, PA | Registered: Jul 2009  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
jenny76
LymeNet Contributor
Member # 18205

Icon 1 posted      Profile for jenny76     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Thanks tickbattler! I have some Burbur that I use myself....Great ideas!!

[Smile]

--------------------

Brussels
Frequent Contributor (5K+ posts)
Member # 13480

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Brussels     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Chlorella!
Posts: 6199 | From Brussels | Registered: Oct 2007  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
lauriemay1
LymeNet Contributor
Member # 24153

Icon 1 posted      Profile for lauriemay1     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
What is burbur?
Posts: 163 | From Central New Jersey | Registered: Jan 2010  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
bubbalyme
LymeNet Contributor
Member # 11652

Icon 1 posted      Profile for bubbalyme     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Our doctor has said that using chorella and spirulina to push toxins out. As well as 3 magnesium baths per week. 1/2 cup no more than 20 minutes water should be body temperature. Lemon therapy where you let him drink juice of lemon over half hour and brush his teeth after. This will help alkalize his body and flush his liver.
Posts: 128 | From Raleigh, NC | Registered: Apr 2007  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
peacemama
LymeNet Contributor
Member # 17666

Icon 1 posted      Profile for peacemama     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I make an epsom salt/thyme/clay/thieves (from Young Living) foot bath for the boys and it works well.

We use a FIR sauna as well, and I let the little guy take amovie in with an ipod. That helps him stay in it.

I also recommend castor oil packs on the liver. My kids don't sit still, but if I can get them to, it helps. Wool with castor oil, with a few drops of thyme oil. Hot water bottle on top.

Thanks for the reminder.

Posts: 564 | From Tick Hell | Registered: Oct 2008  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
jenny76
LymeNet Contributor
Member # 18205

Thank you for the other ideas guys! I think I need to purchase a sauna...I can't use it with my PICC line but my son can.

peacemama, could you tell me the amounts for the foot baths?

Thanks guys!!

--------------------

Quick Reply
HTML is not enabled.
UBB Code� is enabled.

Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | LymeNet home page | Privacy Statement