LymeNet Home LymeNet Home Page LymeNet Flash Discussion LymeNet Support Group Database LymeNet Literature Library LymeNet Legal Resources LymeNet Medical & Scientific Abstract Database LymeNet Newsletter Home Page LymeNet Recommended Books LymeNet Tick Pictures Search The LymeNet Site LymeNet Links LymeNet Frequently Asked Questions About The Lyme Disease Network LymeNet Menu

LymeNet on Facebook

LymeNet on Twitter

The Lyme Disease Network receives a commission from Amazon.com for each purchase originating from this site.

When purchasing from Amazon.com, please
click here first.

Thank you.

LymeNet Flash Discussion
Dedicated to the Bachmann Family

LymeNet needs your help:
LymeNet 2020 fund drive

The Lyme Disease Network is a non-profit organization funded by individual donations.

LymeNet Flash Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply
my profile | directory login | register | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» LymeNet Flash » Questions and Discussion » Medical Questions » Lung nodule

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: Lung nodule
keltyl
LymeNet Contributor
Member # 14050

Icon 1 posted      Profile for keltyl     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I found out today I have a nodule on my L lung. Do not know any details yet about size or anything. Anyone ever had a lung nodule?

I did a search and found only posts about glass (I believe), nodules. What does that mean?

As you can imagine my head is spinning right now, just trying to think the best.

Posts: 847 | From upstateNY | Registered: Dec 2007  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
rmruss
Member # 11409

Icon 1 posted      Profile for rmruss     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I also have a nodule in my left lung. It was found in late 2003 shortly after I was diagnosed with Lyme (Note: I had Lyme & Co-infections about 6 months before being diagnosed).

After they found the nodule, I had CT Scans every 3 months to keep an eye on it. After a couple years of CT Scans, it was noted that the nodule didn't grow. I gave up on going for scans after a while, because so tired of going to doctors and having medical tests every day. So far I seem to be okay.

Posts: 45 | From Medford, NJ | Registered: Mar 2007  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
keltyl
LymeNet Contributor
Member # 14050

Icon 1 posted      Profile for keltyl     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Thank you. That sounds a little promising. I know if they are small, they usually aren't cancerous and would just watch it.

I just don't know any details yet, probably not till next week.

Posts: 847 | From upstateNY | Registered: Dec 2007  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
map1131
Frequent Contributor (5K+ posts)
Member # 2022

Icon 1 posted      Profile for map1131     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
FYI, I make notes on things of interest to me from Dr K and Dr B abstracts. I am treating bartonella at this time.

Dr K says bart and babs are lung worms. They both live in the lungs.

So I hope you don't image the worst and are dealing with some nasty vector borne bug that is hanging out on/in lungs.

Pam

--------------------
"Never, never, never, never, never give up" Winston Churchill

Posts: 6478 | From Louisville, Ky | Registered: Jan 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
keltyl
LymeNet Contributor
Member # 14050

Interesting, but how would they know?
Beachinit
LymeNet Contributor
Member # 21040

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Beachinit     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
map1131,
Describing Bart and Babs as "worms" is very colorful but very wrong. Bart is bacterium
and Babs is Piroplasm. Since they both hitch
a ride in our bloodstream they can go anywhere
they please. . . untill they die of course.

Beachinit

--------------------
Ideas not advice.

Posts: 448 | From Downeast Maine | Registered: Jul 2009  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
unsure445
LymeNet Contributor
Member # 15962

Icon 1 posted      Profile for unsure445     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I don't know anything about lung nodules but I know waiting for test results can be unnerving!

Hang in there and take lots of deep breaths!!

--------------------
unsure445

Posts: 824 | From northeast | Registered: Jun 2008  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
map1131
Member # 2022

Icon 1 posted      Profile for map1131     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Colorful or not, that is written by Dr K. Dr K in my opinion is the smartest, sharpest, most educated, most studied of all LLMDs in the world.

If Dr K says they are lung worms, then I would bet my home, he has research/studies to prove the point.

For those interested in this thought, I will find the research and attach it here tomorrow.

Pam

--------------------

Posts: 6478 | From Louisville, Ky | Registered: Jan 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
seibertneurolyme
Member # 6416

Icon 1 posted      Profile for seibertneurolyme     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I have posted on this several times in the past. Hubby has multiple pulmonary nodules (probably a dozen or so in each lung) and he also had bilateral hilar adenopathy for several years.

The bronchoscopy only showed inflammation of unknown etiology. He was tested for histoplasmosis and sarcoidosis -- both negative multiple times.

Instead of doing a surgical biopsy to rule out cancer we convinced his pulmonologist to do a lung PET scan and then follow-up CT's every 6 months for 2 years. No major changes -- some nodules got smaller and others larger plus some new ones I think. Anyway -- cancer was ruled out. Hubby has continued to do annual lung CT's -- think it has been 6 years now since the pulmonary nodules were discovered.

Hubby's LLMD's do think that either bartonella, BLO or mycoplasma is causing the pulmonary nodules.

Bea Seibert

Posts: 7306 | From Martinsville,VA,USA | Registered: Oct 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
keltyl
LymeNet Contributor
Member # 14050

Thank you all. I did read about the PET scan rather than a biopsy. Still can't think anythingtill I see my doc for final report.
asummers
LymeNet Contributor
Member # 18068

Icon 1 posted      Profile for asummers     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Thank You for this thread!

I have been seeing great improvements with my health over the past year. And all of the sudden today, my lungs hurt (feels like when you were younger & u swam in the pool for too long).

Earlier today I turned to my husband and said --'I think these buggers are in my lungs.'

I think this lung symptom is one of my first symptoms back in the day. And I have noticed that the more I treat my babs, that these bart symptoms are appearing.

I would love to see any info you have about the lungs.

I am thinking that I might put my rife machine on my lungs when I rife on the babs/bart frequenices.

Posts: 379 | From Sydney, Australia | Registered: Nov 2008  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Pinelady
Member # 18524

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Pinelady     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Many have reported their initial symptoms seem to revert as they once appeared.

I too had lung nodules that were diagnosed as probable histoplasmosis about a year in to the

illness, with sudden allergies. They resolved on their own. Or it was just a step into the spreading of Lyme throughout the body.

I don't look forward to visiting there again, but if it happens I will recognize it.

--------------------
Suspected Lyme 07 Test neg One band migrating in IgG region
unable to identify.Igenex Jan.09IFA titer 1:40 IND
IgM neg pos
31 +++ 34 IND 39 IND 41 IND 83-93 +
DX:Neuroborreliosis

Posts: 5850 | From Kentucky | Registered: Dec 2008  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
map1131
Member # 2022

I pulled this off BetterHealthGuy, Scott's web site. Put Dr. Klinghardt & lung worm in your search engine and find many urls. I believe I read this first when I was exploring Mercola site recently when he did an interview with Dr. K.

Dr. Klinghardt on Treatment Protocols

Molds and Lyme incorporate each other and create a superbug. The treatment protocol has to include antimicrobials that hit both of these at the same time. Viruses are often causing symptoms but are opportunistic. Do not focus on antivirals.

Treatment always starts at home and the first step is to ensure that you have made your home well.

When treating HPU, thyroid, testosterone, progesterone, and other hormones all move towards normal. If cholesterol is low, DHEA and Pregnenelone may be useful to provide building materials for hormone formation.

When giving Lyme patients T4, this generally increases rT3 which defeats the purpose. It is better to give SRT3 (sustained release T3) and not T4 in most cases.

If urine looks like water, this is generally not good. It should stink. Phosphorous is the agent to get toxins moving through the kidneys. Matrix Electrolytes from BioPure contains phosphorous.

Drinking more water means that you are leeching out more minerals. Your body needs the same electrolyte intake as what is being excreted in urine. Electrolytes help to carry out toxins through the urine. 1 tablespoon of Matrix Electrolytes in a quart of water.

It is difficult to get well in a place where you were sick. It is as if you are entrained to remain sick in that environment.

Taking dust out of the vacuum and creating a homeopathic dilution may be helpful for some.

Fluoride calcifies the pineal gland which lowers melatonin and increases risk of cancers. Glass bottles are often more toxic than plastic bottles due to the solvents used in recycling. Best to reuse the same glass bottle over and over.

Intracellular environments are becoming more and more acidic. Alkalinizing is important but it is not a good idea to force this. Alkalinizing through the skin with 1 pound of Epsom Salt or sea salt and 1 pound of baking soda may be a good option. It offers the body the opportunity to utilize these if needed.

Brain fog, memory loss, etc. may be caused by oxalates. K2 may help. K2 is also good for UBOs often observed in brain scans. Vitamin K works only in conjunction with Vitamin A. Improves the teeth. Not good to take close to sleep. Thyroid hormone only utilized by the brain when Vitamin A and Vitamin K are on board. Vitamin A may protect against Swine Flu.

Babesia and Bartonella live largely in the lungs. Inhaled potassium iodide may be a helpful treatment for some under the care of a doctor. Some patients have the "lung worm" which may be one of the most common parasites in Lyme disease.

Pam

[ 03-19-2010, 11:18 AM: Message edited by: map1131 ]

--------------------

lyn8
Member # 24356

Icon 1 posted      Profile for lyn8     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
My daughter who has LYME, has too always complained of her lungs hurting, just as you (asummers) descibed, she said that she felt as if she swam all day. One of her main problems was not being able to breathe when she would exercise she has been on antibotics for over 2 months now and she is finally seeing some improvement. (She had a positive western blot, no co-infections were found, but tested for those after taking antiboitcs.)
Posts: 29 | From NJ | Registered: Feb 2010  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
keltyl
LymeNet Contributor
Member # 14050

Thanks for all the info, but I think pretty much I'm dealing with a nodule. Would be nice if it were something else.
Pinelady
Member # 18524

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Pinelady     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Speaking of swimming lyn8. Has anyone noticed they float a lot better now after treating Lyme? I know

it sounds crazy-but I always felt very heavy in water, now I float more than I need to.

--------------------
Suspected Lyme 07 Test neg One band migrating in IgG region
unable to identify.Igenex Jan.09IFA titer 1:40 IND
IgM neg pos
31 +++ 34 IND 39 IND 41 IND 83-93 +
DX:Neuroborreliosis

Posts: 5850 | From Kentucky | Registered: Dec 2008  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
asummers
LymeNet Contributor
Member # 18068

Icon 1 posted      Profile for asummers     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Thanks Pam -- I will check out all your link suggestions.
Posts: 379 | From Sydney, Australia | Registered: Nov 2008  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Beachinit
LymeNet Contributor
Member # 21040

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Beachinit     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Dr K says:
The list of significant co-infections is limited:
roundworms, tapeworms, threadworms, toxoplasmosis, giardia and amoebas,
clostridia, the herpes virus family, parvovirus B 19, active measles (in the
small intestine), leptospirosis, chronic strep infections and their mutations,
Babesia, Brucella, Ehrlichiosis, Bartonella, mycoplasma, Rickettsia,
Bartonella and a few others. Molds and fungi are always part of the picture.

Here he is using coinfection to mean pre-existing
conditions and/or tick borne diseases. He is not saying that the "worms" eg.roundworms, tapeworms, threadworms,are tick transmitted.

So the worms are tapeworms,threadworms and
round worms and NOT Bart and Babs.

Just wanted to clarify that point.

Beachinit

--------------------
Ideas not advice.

Posts: 448 | From Downeast Maine | Registered: Jul 2009  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
keltyl
LymeNet Contributor
Member # 14050

Gee, I didn't think this was going to turn into a worm discussion. It would be great if I had a worm in my lung and not a cancerous nodule.
map1131
Member # 2022

I thought you should have hope that this could be something else other than the "c" word. I had a abnormal mammogram several years ago and also scared to death.

It was observed and measured for a couple years. No change or growth. I began to visualize it as just part of the lyme & company, like a colony of worms/bacteria/parasites gathered together? Well my vision was inspired by a muscle testing doc that I was seeing at the time.

It was walled off and not doing anything. I have a mammogram this month and I plan to ask them if it's still there or disappeared. Wouldn't surprise me at all that it's been zapped and gone.

Pam

PS: there was no doubt in my mind that if I had a whole body scan they would find those "suspicious areas in many areas of my body". I was a very ill lady during that time period.

--------------------

keltyl
LymeNet Contributor
Member # 14050

I certainly would wish for that, but the cat scan pretty much shows a nodule, and it's very hard not to think the "c" word.

Was just trying to find out if anyone else has had a nodule and how it turned out. Sometimes it can mean nothing life threatening. Just a little worried, that's all.

cordor
LymeNet Contributor
Member # 9449

Icon 1 posted      Profile for cordor     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I had an "Infiltrate" show up in my lung on x-ray. They think it was a fungal ball in my right lower lobe. I was doing IV Rochepin at the time and had horrible yeast problems in my mouth. My LLMD was so freaked out by it that my PICC line was pulled and treatment stopped early.

Went away in time....but no one ever really knew what it was.

I know it must be scarey.

I was recently diagnosed with a tumor in my Pituitary gland. Also have a tumor in the bone in my upper arm (being watched) and several thyroid nodules (also being watched)

--------------------
Corinne

Posts: 529 | From Raleigh, NC | Registered: Jun 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
lymebytes
Frequent Contributor (1K+ posts)
Member # 11830

Icon 1 posted      Profile for lymebytes   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
A few years ago a nodule was seen on my lung. The doctor paid no attention to it and I never worried about it and actually forgot about it until now.

I am sure your doctor will do follow up if he/she thinks it is necessary.

--------------------
www.truthaboutlymedisease.com

Posts: 2003 | From endemic area | Registered: May 2007  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
psano2
LymeNet Contributor
Member # 11711

Icon 1 posted      Profile for psano2     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Something that seems not to have been brought up with Lyme disease are lumps which are know in syphilis as "gummas". Since syphilis and Lyme are both caused by spirochetes, it follows that Lyme disease could also manifest gummas.

They can occur anywhere in the body, and can disappear with treatment. If not treated, they can be terribly disfiguring. Apparently when they disappear, they leave a dark little indentation where they used to be. This was reported to have been seen in the liver, either on autopsy or biopsy, I can't remember which. After they get to a certain size, they can leave a crack in the surface, even after they're gone.

I had a lump on the bottom of my foot which was making it hard for me to wear my shoe on that side. It's now gone, but there's still a little crack where it was. I treated it using bee venom ointment. Every time I rubbed the ointment on it, I herxed, just from treating that little area.

After I read about gummas, I noticed little lumps in other areas as well. I treated them topically in addition to the regular antibiotic therapy I was on. The oral and IM antibiotics I was on seemed to do nothing for them. All of the lumps I was aware of have gone away now.

Perhaps what your nodule is a gumma.

Posts: 975 | From California | Registered: Apr 2007  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
keltyl
LymeNet Contributor
Member # 14050

Cordor....What is an "Infiltrate"? Never heard of it b/f.
cordor
LymeNet Contributor
Member # 9449

Icon 1 posted      Profile for cordor     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
It appeared as a "shadow" sort of on the x-ray....not a hard nodule I guess. I believe an infiltrate is almost always a bacterial or fungal "glob". I know, not a very technical description!

--------------------
Corinne

Posts: 529 | From Raleigh, NC | Registered: Jun 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
cordor
LymeNet Contributor
Member # 9449

Forgot to say...the reason WHY they even did an x-ray in the first place was because I started wheezing pretty bad all of a sudden (and I did not have a cold or anything)

--------------------
Corinne

Quick Reply
HTML is not enabled.
UBB Code� is enabled.

Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | LymeNet home page | Privacy Statement