LymeNet Home LymeNet Home Page LymeNet Flash Discussion LymeNet Support Group Database LymeNet Literature Library LymeNet Legal Resources LymeNet Medical & Scientific Abstract Database LymeNet Newsletter Home Page LymeNet Recommended Books LymeNet Tick Pictures Search The LymeNet Site LymeNet Links LymeNet Frequently Asked Questions About The Lyme Disease Network LymeNet Menu

LymeNet on Facebook

LymeNet on Twitter

The Lyme Disease Network receives a commission from Amazon.com for each purchase originating from this site.

When purchasing from Amazon.com, please
click here first.

Thank you.

LymeNet Flash Discussion
Dedicated to the Bachmann Family

LymeNet needs your help:
LymeNet 2020 fund drive

The Lyme Disease Network is a non-profit organization funded by individual donations.

LymeNet Flash Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply
my profile | directory login | register | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» LymeNet Flash » Questions and Discussion » Medical Questions » resveratrol by source naturals per buher

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: resveratrol by source naturals per buher
lpkayak
Honored Contributor (10K+ posts)
Member # 5230

Icon 1 posted      Profile for lpkayak     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
i have been using a buhner herb tea for a few months in order to slowly increase the dosage of the herbs.

i have begun adding red root tincture now and increasing it

now i am ready to increase jap knot and buhner suggests the source naurals brand.

they are caplets. in the past i have learned not to use caplets cuz they don't dissolve. this was a long time ago for me. and maybe my body has changed. but i hate to waste money on herbs cuz i spend so much of it.

does anyone else understand about the problem with caplets not dissolving and is there a way to fix it?

ps---i am really feeling better in an all over general way since starting the tea

i think the red root helpes calm down my lymph nodes(the pain comes righ back if i miss a day)

but buhner sayd do this 8-12 months and i am only on the 2nd or 3rd month...so i hop when i dtop at the end i will stay well

thanks for any info you have

--------------------
Lyme? Its complicated. Educate yourself.

Posts: 13712 | From new england | Registered: Feb 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
MariaA
Frequent Contributor (1K+ posts)
Member # 9128

Icon 1 posted      Profile for MariaA     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
He mostly wrote his book assuming that people can't drink the stuff as tea because it all tastes kind of bad, and so he always suggests capsules. When he mentions something like Source Naturals, it doesn't necessarily mean that's the best actual source, just the best capsule source.

I think you can get shredded ('cut and sifted') japanese knotweed from several vendors online such as http://1stchineseherbs.com/lyme_disease.html

That company is one that he recommends, by the way. I think what you want is a pound of the cut and sifted (and that'll last a LONG time) or the powder- the other way they sell it is what they call concentrated powder or concentrated extract, which is sort of like a tea that's been dried (this is common in Chinese herbalism, herbalists often prescribe powders made this way rather than just powdered straight herbs with all the fiber). I have used that concentrated product extensively for my knotweed, but I'm not sure how exactly to compare the dosage. I would think you could just 'trial and error' add a certain amount to your tea and see how it goes.

--------------------
Symptom Free!!! Thank you all!!!!

Find me at Lymefriends, I post under the same name.
diet: http://lymefriends.ning.com/group/healthylowcarbrecipes
Homemade Probiotics thread
Herbal Links Thread

Posts: 2552 | From San Francisco | Registered: Apr 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
MariaA
Member # 9128

Icon 1 posted      Profile for MariaA     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
That particular page is kind of confusing if you have trouble with neuro symptoms- here's the knotweed catalog page specifically. If you're looking to make tea, you want the first product they list, the 'cut and sifted hu zhang' which is the Japanese Knotweed. They also describe it as Bushy Knotweed but the Latin name they give is correct:
http://1stchineseherbs.com/hu_zhang.html

--------------------

Herbal Links Thread

Posts: 2552 | From San Francisco | Registered: Apr 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
lpkayak
Member # 5230

Icon 1 posted      Profile for lpkayak     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
ok-i must have confused you. i did buy the cut and sifted four herbs : RR,JK,SARSA, STEPH

i can't do samento cuz i am on reflux med

i made the tea and had to do the tea cuz one pill of anything made me so sick. with the tea i started out with it really weak and i could handle it. but im a past that now. i am making the tea stronger and adding rr and jk with tinctur and pills

but i wanted capsules-not caplets and the brand he said---ource naturals is a caplet

he says clearly over and over in the book only use SR

so my proble is i have it but it is a caplet and i'm afraid it won't dissolve-witll go right thru and i have wasted a lot of money

ps-i put the tea in herb tea or juice and drink it down with no problema nd i have a lot of problem with most fluids...i don't think it tastes bad at all

--------------------

Posts: 13712 | From new england | Registered: Feb 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
MariaA
Member # 9128

I see. I think what he was talking about when he recommended Source Naturals was that there were other brands on the market that aren't actually knotweed but are the red wine extract type of resveratrol. It's not really a problem to use other forms of it as long as it's actually that herb. I think caplets dissolve in your gut pretty easily, I wouldn't worry about that too much.

That's great that you're seeing improvement in terms of tolerance of these herbs. I've had the same situation (weakness after using antibiotics) and it goes away as the antibiotic works on me, I imagine that's a similar thing as what you're experience.

--------------------

Herbal Links Thread

sixgoofykids
Member # 11141

Icon 1 posted      Profile for sixgoofykids   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I've read the book and would agree with Maria that his point is you want knotweed, not the other sources of resveratrol. Source Naturals resveratrol is knotweed. If you have trouble with caplets, it would be pointless to take it in that form.

--------------------
sixgoofykids.blogspot.com

Posts: 13449 | From Ohio | Registered: Feb 2007  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
canefan17
Frequent Contributor (5K+ posts)
Member # 22149

Icon 1 posted      Profile for canefan17     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I can't take the Source Naturals brand because the ingredients include maltodextrin
Posts: 5394 | From Houston, Tx | Registered: Aug 2009  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Carol in PA
Frequent Contributor (5K+ posts)
Member # 5338

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Carol in PA     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I bought the Source Naturals brand of Resveratrol, as Buhner suggested.

They are caplets, or tablets.
They dissolved in the gut just fine for me, and I had a definite response.

If you are concerned, you could try dissolving them in water.
Or crush them before eating.

Carol

Posts: 6947 | From Lancaster, PA | Registered: Feb 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
lpkayak
Member # 5230

thanks all. i'm really happy i am seeng results too. i really notice when i increase the red root. i haven't noticed a big change since i started the SR resveratrol. i do have JK in my tea...

i wish they didn't have the malto detrine...but i use very little sugar so i am not going to worry about that as long as i keep feeling bettr

--------------------

Quick Reply
HTML is not enabled.
UBB Code� is enabled.

Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | LymeNet home page | Privacy Statement