LymeNet Home LymeNet Home Page LymeNet Flash Discussion LymeNet Support Group Database LymeNet Literature Library LymeNet Legal Resources LymeNet Medical & Scientific Abstract Database LymeNet Newsletter Home Page LymeNet Recommended Books LymeNet Tick Pictures Search The LymeNet Site LymeNet Links LymeNet Frequently Asked Questions About The Lyme Disease Network LymeNet Menu

LymeNet on Facebook

LymeNet on Twitter

The Lyme Disease Network receives a commission from Amazon.com for each purchase originating from this site.

When purchasing from Amazon.com, please
click here first.

Thank you.

LymeNet Flash Discussion
Dedicated to the Bachmann Family

LymeNet needs your help:
LymeNet 2020 fund drive

The Lyme Disease Network is a non-profit organization funded by individual donations.

LymeNet Flash Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply
my profile | directory login | register | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» LymeNet Flash » Questions and Discussion » Medical Questions » For one day I felt nearly normal........

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: For one day I felt nearly normal........
Florence1
LymeNet Contributor
Member # 22960

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Florence1     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
so last Monday....i saw my LLMD for the second time.....now have positive WB (last Oct) and Babesia duncani (Feb).....had been taking zith/mepron/omnicef/Art for a month......

So last week she increase Mepron due to low levels, pulsed the Art, added Glutathione, stopped omcicef and started Bactrim DS...she feels I have Bart also.....

Saturday I actually had the most 'normal" day that I have had in a while....felt more alert, more energy, kept up with the kids, played outside with them......I thought this is it.....

Sunday was tired again.....now Tuesday I am exhausted again, head feels weird......cant stand this fatigue...........why so good then so bad so quickly????

--------------------
Oct 09 Positive CDC Western Blot
Jan 10 Positive Babesia Duncani
Jan 10 Cd57 28
Mar 10 EBV, IgM, IgG
HHV-6 IgG

Posts: 739 | From NC | Registered: Oct 2009  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
sixgoofykids
Member # 11141

Icon 1 posted      Profile for sixgoofykids   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Enjoy the good days when you have them. That's how it starts .... you have good hours here and there .... then good days here and there .... then you have more good days than bad days .... then you get well!

--------------------
sixgoofykids.blogspot.com

Posts: 13449 | From Ohio | Registered: Feb 2007  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Florence1
LymeNet Contributor
Member # 22960

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Florence1     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
thanks six....I hope so....saturday felt good....I enjoyed my kids we laughed, they played, I enjoyed being outside in the sunshine, I could feel myself planning what we could do over the summer....I actually felt some hope...I hope is continues as you say...I know you are better now so I know it can be done......thanks

--------------------
Jan 10 Cd57 28
Mar 10 EBV, IgM, IgG
HHV-6 IgG

Posts: 739 | From NC | Registered: Oct 2009  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
elley0531
LymeNet Contributor
Member # 9434

Icon 1 posted      Profile for elley0531     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
try not to let the bad days get you down and treasure the good ones. Its gonna be a battle-but the biggest thing for me is to not let the bad days get me too down or I can feel depression grab hold of my brain very easily.

The good days will become more frequent [Smile]

Posts: 594 | From NJ/NY | Registered: Jun 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
trigal2
LymeNet Contributor
Member # 20578

Icon 1 posted      Profile for trigal2     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Cherish the good day(s) and think of it/ them as a sign of good things to come.

Reflect on them when you have your bad days.

Even if it is only one good day, let that serve as a reminder of what "good" feels like.

It is sometimes hard to remember what "good" feels like when feeling like crap becomes our new norm. The many evils of a chronic illness...

I hope you will have more good days ahead of you.

Posts: 376 | From New Jersey | Registered: Jun 2009  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
elley0531
LymeNet Contributor
Member # 9434

Icon 1 posted      Profile for elley0531     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Yes-try to keep that day in your mind. It helps to look back on the good ones when you are having a bad one.

I try to keep a journal and I am especially good about writing in depth how i feel on the good days so I can read it when I'm low.

This disease is awful-some days I feel like a different person-personality wise and physically, but those days when I feel like me again are so amazing and remind me that its attainable and WILL happen [Smile]

Posts: 594 | From NJ/NY | Registered: Jun 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
lymeinhell
Frequent Contributor (1K+ posts)
Member # 4622

Icon 1 posted      Profile for lymeinhell     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Getting a glimpse of 'normal' is always a great thing, and I would wager means you've found a treatment that works.

Normal moments will last longer and longer, over time. But give it time, and remember treatment is a roller coaster. You'll have up days, and down days - so don't freak if you have a down day after an up.

Keeping a symptom journal is a great way to look back and see how far you've come.

Keep going and good for you!

--------------------
Julie
_ _ ___ _ _
lymeinhell

Blessed are those who expect nothing, for they shall not be disappointed.

Posts: 2258 | From a better place than I was 11 yrs ago | Registered: Sep 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
psr1
LymeNet Contributor
Member # 22957

Icon 1 posted      Profile for psr1   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
My LLMD gave me great advice: "enjoy your good days but don't get attached to them; when you're having a bad day remember it will not be forever." I will always remember my very first good days - few and far between - when I first got sick, and it is depressing when they are so fleeting. But they can remind you of how good you are going to be - permanently - sometime in the future.
Posts: 360 | From New York | Registered: Oct 2009  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Florence1
LymeNet Contributor
Member # 22960

thank you all.....it was just nice to be outside with my kids........fingers crossed for more....

--------------------
Jan 10 Cd57 28
Mar 10 EBV, IgM, IgG
HHV-6 IgG

lymebytes
Member # 11830

Icon 1 posted      Profile for lymebytes   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Enjoy them when you have them, I actually hate going to bed the days I have that are good because the next day can be the exact opposite.

--------------------
www.truthaboutlymedisease.com

Posts: 2003 | From endemic area | Registered: May 2007  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Clint31
LymeNet Contributor
Member # 16420

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Clint31     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Its a crawl to the finish and the finish isn't always how you envision it i.e. "as good as you've ever been" but it's an improvement from your worst days

--------------------
DX'ed Lyme Disease: 7/7/2008
DX'ed Babesia, Epstein Barr, Liver Parasite 8/15/2013.

Posts: 739 | From Columbus, Ohio | Registered: Jul 2008  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Haley
Member # 22008

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Haley     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Florence, I have had a few "normal days" since Mepron / Zith. I have not added Art but I take something called Cryptoplus. I have been on this for about 3 weeks.

I would be curious to know how you feel when you add the Bactrim DS. If you remember please PM me and let me know. I also still need to treat Bart. Rifampin and levaquin were not too successful.

Congrats on the good day! I notice that I am starting to have more of them [Wink]

Posts: 2232 | From USA | Registered: Aug 2009  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Florence1
LymeNet Contributor
Member # 22960

Haley your mailbox is full cant send you a PM.....

--------------------
Jan 10 Cd57 28
Mar 10 EBV, IgM, IgG
HHV-6 IgG

B4LYME
LymeNet Contributor
Member # 23222

Icon 1 posted      Profile for B4LYME     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I agree with the symptom tracking idea. I put a number value for each symptom for each day. Although at first the symptoms the symptoms are still there, I notice that their intensity has decreased.

That encourages me and my doctor can see my progress too. Over the last couple of months some of my symptoms have disappeared, and most of the other things have gotten better to a lesser degree.

My LLMD has said before that some of the symptoms will be the last to disappear. Unfortunately I can't choose which ones!

Also, I do have a journal, and on a good day, I try to right something down to document it. There are moments and sometimes days where I think, wow I'm still me and it feels good!

Then I thank God for the blessing of that normal feeling and for the hope He offers me for the future.

Praying for more good days for us all!

B4

Posts: 144 | From PA | Registered: Nov 2009  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator

Quick Reply
HTML is not enabled.
UBB Code� is enabled.

Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | LymeNet home page | Privacy Statement