LymeNet Home LymeNet Home Page LymeNet Flash Discussion LymeNet Support Group Database LymeNet Literature Library LymeNet Legal Resources LymeNet Medical & Scientific Abstract Database LymeNet Newsletter Home Page LymeNet Recommended Books LymeNet Tick Pictures Search The LymeNet Site LymeNet Links LymeNet Frequently Asked Questions About The Lyme Disease Network LymeNet Menu

LymeNet on Facebook

LymeNet on Twitter

The Lyme Disease Network receives a commission from Amazon.com for each purchase originating from this site.

When purchasing from Amazon.com, please
click here first.

Thank you.

LymeNet Flash Discussion
Dedicated to the Bachmann Family

LymeNet needs your help:
LymeNet 2020 fund drive

The Lyme Disease Network is a non-profit organization funded by individual donations.

LymeNet Flash Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply
my profile | directory login | register | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» LymeNet Flash » Questions and Discussion » Medical Questions » Homeopathy Vs. Antibiotics

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: Homeopathy Vs. Antibiotics
abbriggs
Member # 21809

Icon 1 posted      Profile for abbriggs     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I am reading 'Coping with Lyme Disease' By Denise Lang. In the Section on Homeopathy is says:

"Antibiotics given for Lyme disease push the organism into the cells. Homeopathics draws it out into the bloodstream where the body can find it. The substances used in homeopathy are diluted to stimulate the body to enhance its own response to fight off infection."

Just curious to have some other opinions.

Thanks,
Mandi

Posts: 56 | From Austin, Tx | Registered: Aug 2009  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
dmc
Frequent Contributor (1K+ posts)
Member # 5102

Icon 1 posted      Profile for dmc     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
if your immune system is crap due to lyme you NEED abxs.

think of it as a war...
NK cells are the marines.
T-cells the army
B-cells the navy

You need the air force's bombs to start to knock down the enemy..that's the antimicrobials

then the body's immune system can continue the war.

BTW I've met plenty of NDs that have gone to LLMDs for their own Lyme disease. I've seen them in my llmd's office too. Some work along
side or in conjunction with a llmd.

You have to take ANYTHING you read as opinion concerning tick diseases. Not enough research
regarding the diseases.

It's the same with any disease...cancer has tons of stuff like this- claims that sound good, make sense but....

Posts: 2675 | From ct, usa | Registered: Jan 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
canefan17
Frequent Contributor (5K+ posts)
Member # 22149

Icon 1 posted      Profile for canefan17     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
My opinion... use both!

Best of both worlds : )

Posts: 5394 | From Houston, Tx | Registered: Aug 2009  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
gwb
Member # 7273

Icon 1 posted      Profile for gwb     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
What Dr. David Jernigan, author of "Beating Lyme Disease" has to say about antibiotics:

http://www.scribd.com/full/11737208?access_key=key-26ba1ru98bxkt4k6qeq0

Long, but very interesting article (in a totally unrelated forum) but this person makes some excellent points on this topic:

http://www.paxilprogress.org/forums/showthread.php?p=629410

Personally, I could never go back on antibiotic treatment for Lyme disease, or for any disease or infection for that matter. I would exhaust every avenue of taking the natural route before I'd go back on antibiotics.

The biggest problem that I believe that most of us are suffering with is (related to Lyme), is not so much the disease itself, but the toxins in our bodies that cause so many of our symptoms. Sadly, even some of the very best LLMD's are not addressing this important issue. It's no wonder so many of us stay sick for so long while taking antibiotics.

Long article but a must read in my opinion:

http://findarticles.com/p/articles/mi_m0ISW/is_285/ai_n19170382/?tag=content;col1

I'm not going to get into the Homeopathy vs Antibiotic debate with anyone here, that would be futile. However, I do believe there are some pretty powerful natural medicines available for those of us with Lyme disease. There are many here, especially those who aren't getting better, who could possibly benefit using natural medicine rather than continuing on antibiotics, which some would call, "anti-life".

Homeopathic, herbal/botanical, light and frequency based therapies and treatments are getting me well. I have late stage Lyme disease (over fifteen years). After five years of antibiotics, I was not only NOT getting better, but I was becoming sicker than I've ever been since I've had this disease. I got to the point that I was planning my funeral last December.

One word of caution though, if you do go the natural route, make sure you use a qualified doctor who has a proven record and knows this disease inside and out. I went to three alternative doctors (ND) who claimed they could get me well, but, the reality was, they had no clue about this disease. If you go the natural route, I encourage you to do it with someone who has the experience and credentials similar to what Dr. Jernigan at the Hansa Center has.

For more on this subject (for those of you who haven't read it already) see my thread called "GWB Hansa Center Update".

http://flash.lymenet.org/ubb/ultimatebb.php/topic/1/89968

Gary

Posts: 1349 | From OK | Registered: May 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
sparkle7
Member # 10397

Icon 1 posted      Profile for sparkle7     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I think it depends on when you catch the illness. If you can get it right away, you probably have a better chance for getting well with abx.

It also depends on your personal genetics.

I think the "bomb it back to the stoneage" attitude with Lyme may not always be effective. Especially, if you've been ill for a long time.

Posts: 7772 | From Northeast, again... | Registered: Oct 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
MorningSong
LymeNet Contributor
Member # 19989

Icon 1 posted      Profile for MorningSong     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Gary~

I wont be able to go to the Hansa Center due to the location and cost. However, I am researching alternative treatments while continuing conventional treatment for now.

If you would not mind sharing, what Jernigan products are you taking to help kill the Lyme, and does he also have other prodcuts for Babesia?

Does his book beating Lyme primarily talk about BRS. The book would be a high cost for me but would be willing to purchase it but didn't know if it was mainly about BRS.

Thanks for your help. Am desiring to be well, and am happy that you and Daisy are feeling better and better.

Posts: 515 | From In His Loving Care | Registered: Apr 2009  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
gwb
Member # 7273

Icon 1 posted      Profile for gwb     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
MorningSong,

Sorry you are unable to go to the Hansa Center. Not everyone can. That's OK because his protocol is in his book, "Beating Lyme Disease" http://www.hansacenter.com/beating_lyme_disease.php . You can purchase it at this link.

The book is what the name implies, it gives you information, instructions, detox recipes, which remedies to buy based on your symptoms, etc. All the information you need to treat your disease naturally is in his book.

It is not a book about BRS, although he does talk about it, just like he talks about therapies and treatments he offers at his office. Some of those treatments you could probably get in your own city where you live.

For example, you can probably find a place, most likely a chiropractor's office, where they offer ionic foot baths. You can probably find a professional massage therapist who knows how to do lymph drainage massages in your city. Again, many chiropractors have them on staff.

You might want to find a place that has infrared saunas and go do those as often as you are able. This is definitely something I'd do if I could find a place in our town that has this. Haven't been able to find anyone that has infrared sauna yet. Still looking.

The Lux therapy and the biomat therapy is very expensive equipment that Dr. Jernigan uses. It's very hard to find anyone who has this equipment. Also, my personal favorite, the ST-8 Lymph Drainage machine. This is great for pulling out toxins and putting oxygen in your body, it's also part rife machine.

Those things will be hard to come by, but you can find some of the treatments I mentioned I'm sure. Just do what you can and follow the instructions in his book and purchase the remedies he makes for treatment and see how it goes.

There's a gal on another lyme forum who got well following his protocol in 8 months using the book and never once went to his office for treatment. If you want her name on the other lyme forum let me know and she'll be more than happy to answer any of your questions. She's got a lot of experience with this protocol and helps give advice to a lot of people about it on the other forum.

Dr. Jernigan's remedies treats lyme and most all of the co-infections. If you'd like you can read about the remedies he offers here:

http://www.jernigannutraceuticals.com/

Look over his website www.hansacenter.com, and see what you think about it. If after you look it over and decide to try it, first thing you need to do is get the book and read it. Once you've done that then you'll want to order the various products you'll need from his office.

Other things you can buy at Walmart, Sam's, Walgreens or places like that. I'm talking about things like epson salt, hydrogen peroxide, etc. The detox baths are great! I took one this morning and they really help in getting the toxins out.

Let me know if you want to get in touch with the gal on the other forum about how she got well on this protocol just following the book. It may not work that fast for you, but many people who have done the protocol from the book have claimed to have good results with it. Sometimes within 8 months, some take up to 18 months to two years depending on how long you've had the disease.

One thing about this protocol that is hard for some people to accept is, you don't have hard herxes. The formulas you take for detoxing your body do it gently. Dr. Jernigan believes hard herxes are a sign of a poor treatment protocol. My herxes have been very mild on this protocol and nothing like what I ever had on abx.

By the way, not everyone gets well on this protocol (just like with any protocol), so i don't want to lead you to believe it's guaranteed to work for you because it isn't. Dr. Jernigan always tells people he can't guarantee that he can get them well, but he won't be satisfied until you make some improvement

If you go to his clinic he expects you to start showing improvement within two days. It took me three days to start improving. I continue to make progress on this protocol

Most people who do the protocol have great results with it, but I have read of some people here, and other forums, who said it didn't help them for some reason or another. Everyone is different.

Abx didn't work for me, but this protocol is working for me. No way to know until you try it. I'm glad I found out about this protocol. I finally feel like there's hope that I really can get better now without going to bed every night praying that I don't wake up in the morning.

Let me know if you have any more questions and I'll be glad to answer them. By the way, my wife, daisyrlb, is taking some of his remedies too for yeast and some other issues. PM her if you have any questions for her.

Gary

Posts: 1349 | From OK | Registered: May 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
aMomWithHope
LymeNet Contributor
Member # 19255

Icon 1 posted      Profile for aMomWithHope     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Gary,

I haven't read the links you provided yet, so forgive me if the answer is in one of them, but I'm wondering if the book and/or Dr. Jernigan gives suggestions (herbs, homeopathic remedies, exercise, etc.) on how to eliminate the ongoing headache common to Lyme and co-infections?

This is my daughter's predominate symptom at this point, and from day one, we've been trying to get rid of it to no avail.

Can you use his protocol while on abx?

Thanks.--

Posts: 648 | From northeast | Registered: Feb 2009  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Keebler
Honored Contributor (25K+ posts)
Member # 12673

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Keebler     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
-
First, lyme totally trashes the immune system. While support measures are absolutely essential, attempting to get the body strong enough to fight lyme on its own can be a death sentence. Seriously. Serious medicine is needed. It's no time to rely solely on homeopathy. I did. I failed. Miserably.

I also relied on just herbs to get stronger. I had no LLMD and no LL ND, either and I trusted the non-LL ND too much.

To be clear, homeopathy is not the same as herbal supplements.

And, to be fair, I do not have that book so can only respond to the excerpt posted.

In my opinion, homeopathy - alone - simply cannot treat lyme effectively and completely. For a fresh bite, immediate use of LEDUM homeopathic can be helpful but that would not be nearly enough.

Homeopathy may help in treatment but it has been extremely disappointing in my limited experience with non-lyme literate NDs. As part of an overall protocol, it can be helpful. To help minimize symptoms, even better.

But lyme is a very complex and unique bacteria and most who use homeopathy don't have the training in lyme.

There are much stronger herbal and nutritional supplements that are so much better if one wants to pursue complementary approaches. And this is best done with an ILADS-educated LL ND (naturopathic doctor) who has the science of lyme behind them.

The Hansa center is LL and is ILADS-educated. They use a variety of approaches as would any good LL ND who incorporates homeopathic techniques.

My caution is mainly for people to not waste precious time trying homeopathy on their own for lyme. Other than some basic symptom relief from some remedies, it takes someone with specialized training in both homeopathy and lyme.

No two people would be treated exactly the same. However, this should be in EVERYONE's pocket, purse, backpack, medicine chest and tick-bite kit. To be taken immediately if one notices tick bite or attachment.
------------

http://www.vitacost.com/Hylands-Ledum-Pal

LEDUM

-----------

But, I'd rather have allicin capsules stashed everywhere. I'd take that in an emergency anytime.

Colloidal Silver is also a consideration. I have some in a small vial in my tick-bite kit. Silver solution would go on the bite and in my mouth.
-

[ 04-21-2010, 06:34 PM: Message edited by: Keebler ]

Posts: 48021 | From Tree House | Registered: Jul 2007  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
ott70
LymeNet Contributor
Member # 18237

Icon 1 posted      Profile for ott70     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Just to add about the Hansa Center and Dr. Jernigan and antibiotics. As Gary points out, he's not crazy about antibiotics. However, Dr. J told me if a person decides to take them while on his protocol then that is that person's decision.

So Dr. J is anti-antibiotic, but he's not running around telling the Lyme world to stop taking them. He respects other LLMD's but does believe highly in the natural methods he uses.

As for what to take following Dr. J's protocol, that's a tough answer. Reading his Lyme book is the standard approach for the remedies mentioned. Individually, he custom-tailors naturopathics through his BRS testing, so that's what makes it tough for Gary or myself to tell others "here is what you should take".

Dr. J's office is loaded with a plethora of herbals and homeopathics and no person is going to be the same for what he prescribes. And what he prescribes is not all his formuals, such as he really likes Nutri-West products as do other LLMD's and LLND's. I think he has some Thorne formulas also. Honestly, he has hundreds of natural products at his disposal.

While some may not like his approach, he is on the boat with everyone else that detox, detox, detox is critical in recovery. Personally, I don't do enough of it.

Posts: 194 | From Colorado | Registered: Nov 2008  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
maps
LymeNet Contributor
Member # 19758

Icon 1 posted      Profile for maps     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I am doing both, iv and homeopathic. It is too scarey for me to do the iv without support for the liver etc.

When I talk to a non-lime, regular doctor now I can't seem to stop feeling that they are living in the dark ages. If it does not show up on a test you have nothing wrong!

--------------------
1999 CFS, 2002 CMV Myco pneumonia
1 year antibiotics on and off
2002 EBV, 2009 Positive Igenex Borellia and Babesia, Brain mri severe white matter disease
Monoclonal Gammopathy. On and off antibiotics since sept. March 9 started iv antibiotics

Posts: 328 | From somewhereelse | Registered: Apr 2009  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Keebler
Honored Contributor (25K+ posts)
Member # 12673

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Keebler     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
-
Homeopathics are not much in the way of on-going liver support, though.

Herbs such as milk thistle, curcumin, bupleurum, or schizandra are best. Some key nutritional supplements like ALA or NAC, too. Minerals such as magnesium also help the liver.

But homeopathy does not protect the liver the way herbal and nutritional supplements can. Homeopathy works much differently.
-

Posts: 48021 | From Tree House | Registered: Jul 2007  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
gwb
Member # 7273

quote:
Originally posted by aMomWithHope:
Gary,

I haven't read the links you provided yet, so forgive me if the answer is in one of them, but I'm wondering if the book and/or Dr. Jernigan gives suggestions (herbs, homeopathic remedies, exercise, etc.) on how to eliminate the ongoing headache common to Lyme and co-infections?

This is my daughter's predominate symptom at this point, and from day one, we've been trying to get rid of it to no avail.

Can you use his protocol while on abx?

Thanks.--

First of all, what ott70 said in his post is absolutely right. Can you use both abx and do his protocol at the same time? Probably you could, but I think it would defeat the purpose of going on his protocol. As ott70 mentioned, Dr. Jernigan is pretty much anti antibiotics. You could call his office and get a definite answer on that, but I'm pretty sure they will advise against it.

Dr. Jernigan does indeed talk about headaches. He recommends a number of things for this, but three primary things that are in the book related to headaches are:

1. He recommends a product called Neuro-Antitox ll CNS/PNS. This helps to remove the toxins and ammonia in the brain that very well could be causing your daughter's headache. They make four different Neuro-Antitox ll formulas and you will see this one listed on the third one down I believe:

http://abc.eznettools.net/jernigannutraceuticals/Neuro-Antitox2.html

2. He recommends the Mustard Foot bath for headaches. This recipe is in his book but I posted it somewhere on the forum here. If you do a search for Mustard Foot bath and can't find it, let me know and I will add it here.

3. Peppermint oil applied to the temples, base of skull , and in the soft spot behind the ears is another thing he recommends for those who have constant headaches.

4. Detox baths. This recipe is also posted somewhere on the forum (it's in his book too) and if you can't find it let me know and I'll repost it here.

My son's boss recently has been studying homeopathic medicine because my son is a strong believer it this method of healing. Here's a copy of an email he sent me tonight:

"Last week I brought the bottle to work so that XXXX could try it
(it's only like $4). She has 6 or 7 herniated discs and has constant nerve pain in her upper back/shoulder so I figured it would be worth a shot. She took it home over the weekend to do a little research and try it out. She came back on Monday with $4 in her hand wanting to buy the bottle from me! [Smile] She has had zero pain since then. So, I'm really glad that's helping her".

What he's referring to is something called Arnica Montana 30x. You can get it at VItacost for cheap!

http://www.vitacost.com/Hylands-Arnica-Montana

Get this, 53 reviews--5 stars! This is all natural homeopathic medicine and it's safe enough for a small child to take. Read the reviews--amazing!

I think many people poo poo the idea of homeopathic medicines today, especially in our western culture. Homeopathic medicine is severely underrated and often overlooked medicine that's capable of helping (and healing) many people.

The idea of homeopathic medicine is to let the body do the work of healing rather than depending on antibiotics or chemicals to do it. The homeopathic medicines that Dr. Jernigan makes for treating lyme is designed to build up your immunity system so that your body can take over and fight the disease on it's own. Yes, it does work at killing the lyme spirochetes but it also helps to train the body to do the work of fighting the disease on it's own.

I took abx for five years, not only did I not get better, I got worse. Abx messed up my stomach so bad that I'm still suffering the effects of them. Although, I'm doing so much better now, my stomach is taking longer to heal than the rest of my body.

The homeopathic remedies that I'm using are giving me back my life. I can do things today I haven't been able to do in years. I take a few supplements too and eat organicll healthy live foods and not junk. I do exercise lightly but will increase my exercise routine as my strength returns.

My guess is your daughter has ammonia in her brain which is causing the headaches. I had headaches and head pressure really bad. After taking the Neuro-Antitox ll the headaches and head pressure went away.

Your best bet is to order the book, "Beating Lyme Disease" and trying this protocol on your daughter at home. Read the links I've provided as there is some good information there that could help your daughter get some immediate relief, especially taking a detox bath and mustard foot bath.

This is a must read about lyme toxins which Dr. Jernigan believes is the major cause of our symptoms, including headaches. Good information and worth reading:

http://findarticles.com/p/articles/mi_m0ISW/is_285/ai_n19170382/?tag=content;col1

I strongly encourage you to get the book and start your daughter on this protocol. The remedies are all natural and safe. They caused me a very minimal amount of herxing and that's something I really like about this protocol.

I know we are taught that the harder the herx and the more we suffer the better we are getting. Dr. Jernigan disagrees with that. He believes people who suffer with horrible herxes for long periods of time is a sign of poor treatment. That's his opinion based on his years of research and treating lyme patients.

This protocol has changed my life. Last month we went to Tampa, FL to visit our family and our two precious granddaughters. We even went to Disney World for a day and a half. Back in December I was planning my funeral. Planning for a trip to Florida back in December would have been something that we wouldn't dare even think of doing.

Well, instead of dying, I got to spend a week with my two little granddaughters, play with them, laugh, go to Disney World, cook my son a birthday dinner and fly round trip which is something I couldn't do prior to December. If I seem excited and enthusiastic it's because I am.

Back in December, I honestly didn't think I'd be alive today. I'm so much better now and I contribute that to homeopathic medicine, healthy eating, and most of all, God's grace. The prayers of so many friends and family members truly made a difference in my life. I will be forever grateful for His touch upon me and using people like Dr. Jernigan who actually invented 30 different natural medicines.

Well, I know this is more than you asked for, but the thought of your daughter suffering is heart breaking and I know it isn't easy for you as a mother to see your daughter suffer like this. This disease is evil and it makes me so sad (and mad) that so many children are suffering with this disease. I believe this protocol could very well help your daughter to get better.

No, it isn't cheap, but it isn't that expensive when you think about it. You pay about 40 dollars for the book and probably will spend about $300 dollars a month to get all of the remedies, etc. But you don't have to pay any doctor bills because the protocol is all in the book.

If you do need to talk to the doctor I believe he charges $100 dollars for a half hour consultation. But you can probably get all the answers you need from those of us who have been on the protocol. ott70 knows a lot about this protocol and is always willing to answer questions about this. He's been a great support to me and I know he'll be a great support to you if you decide to put your daughter on this protocol.

There's a gal on another Lyme forum who bought the book and followed the protocol and got completely better in just 8 months. She will be more than glad to answer any questions you have about the protocol. She really helped me a lot when I first started out. I'll be glad to give you her name and contact information if you'd like.

Anyway, time for me to shut-up and let you go read those links and learn more about this protocol. I hope and pray that your daughter will soon be on the path to healing, and maybe this protocol will help her to accomplish that.

Keep in touch and let me know if there's anything I can do to be helpful.

Gary

farraday
LymeNet Contributor
Member # 21494

Icon 1 posted      Profile for farraday     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I spent many years with ND's, homeopathy, herbal medicine, energy healing, etc. etc. etc. I hate to think how much money I spent on it. I have the machines, the books, every homeopathic you can name. I went to Mexico for 10 days to work with wonderful healers. I am fairly skillful myself with acupuncture needles....I can put my poor husband to sleep with them!

Then by chance I got a staph infection in my blood and was on IV antibiotics 2xday for 6 weeks all in hospital. Guess what. After more than 10 years living in one dark room in bed and wheelchair I walked out of hospital! That's when I knew that my "CFS" was an infection of some sort.

The strongest support I have had for the case for antibiotics came from a most unlikely source. After I relapsed I had been working for months with a very well known Chinese acupuncture/herbalist in San Francisco. I faithfully drank the herbs several times daily.

Finally he said to me, "You very sick. Very very sick. Your brain sick. You can get ALS. You need antibiotics now! Then come back so I can help you with side effects." My husband found the lab and the test and we discovered the Lyme disease.

I hate taking antibiotics. But I hate even more the devestation this illness has caused me and my family. I use the supplements, I follow a careful diet, I am aware of the power of herbal medicine and homeopathy.

But I agree with Keebler. This is a very powerful and nasty bug and it needs quick and powerful response. The longer you wait to turn it around, the longer it will take for you to heal.

My poor mother had all the symptoms for years....she finally died of "ALS". In her last months she was unable to speak or swallow. She was never tested for Lyme disease. My cousin also died of ALS. I had never mentioned this to my Chinese doctor, but somehow he picked up the signs of it in me.

I think homeopathy and herbs can strengthen your immune system BEFORE it takes this hit. And they can support you later. But, for heavens sake, get to an established, reputable LLMD and get going on your healing! Time's awasting!

--------------------
DOCTOR: "I don't think you are sick."
PATIENT: "We are all entitled to our opinions. I don't think you are a doctor."

Posts: 697 | From Northern California | Registered: Jul 2009  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Brussels
Member # 13480

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Brussels     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
It is interesting to see Gary in the post above saying he took 5 years of antibiotics and only got worse, and that homeopathics and natural treatment are helping him immensely.

Then Farraday below saying just the opposite.
That she spent years doing all HOMEOPATHICS and acupuncture, etc and 6 weeks of antibiotics did wonders.

As we all have seen in this forum, no one-fit-all treatment for everyone. Each person has its own path to healing!

In my opinion, I can't see anything stronger against lyme than homeopathics through photons. What I experienced with it convinced me of its gentle but profound power.

I can't see how simple drugs like simple chemical component antibiotics can be stronger and more intelligent than what your own body and immune system can do against lyme when entrained to look at borrelia through homeopathy and photons.

At the same time, I just question if what Farraday calls homeopathics is really homeopathy?

I just wonder, as homeopathy and Chinese medicine (like most herbs and acupuncture) are very DIFFERENT types of medicine.

I'm not doubting, I'm just questioning, as I know that Americans think that homeopathy is simply 'herbal medicine'. And it is simply not.

Half of the world (China, Japan, Korea) know virtually NOTHING about homeopathy but are masters in other natural healing techniques.

Homeopathy craddle is in Europe, mainly Germany.

Combining both types of treatment (TCM= traditional Chinese medicine and homeopathy) is something very very new and experimental.

And not many people in the world do that. That type of experimental treatments combining both come back again to Western Europe, NOT to Asia.

If Farraday did or not REAL homeopathy coupled with TCM, doesn't though matter. There's no way to generalize that people will get better using only this or that approach.

And besides, what people call natural can be so much varied. On the contrary, what people call abx, can ONLY be abx! So again, hard to generalize.

As for Arnica montana homeopathic, it became one of my favorite remedies for fighting many infections.

Funny that not many people use that for that purposes! It acts extremely fast when it is the right remedy and the right potency. I have it in many different potencies, for many purposes.

Posts: 6199 | From Brussels | Registered: Oct 2007  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
aMomWithHope
LymeNet Contributor
Member # 19255

Icon 1 posted      Profile for aMomWithHope     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Wow, Gary, thank you so much for all the info.

I will get the book and read all the links and see if anything helps.

I appreciate all your help and will keep you posted!

Posts: 648 | From northeast | Registered: Feb 2009  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
aMomWithHope
LymeNet Contributor
Member # 19255

Just to clarify......my child has been treating with abx for close to a year and has made great progress, so we aren't quite ready to give up on them just yet.

Her LLMD is wonderful but does not use any supplemental treatment, solely abx.

I truly believe that the body is amazing and should be given every opportunity to try to fight on its own to the best of its ability. I know this becomes difficult in the face of an illness such as Lyme and co-infections.

Prior to Lyme coming into our lives, I was completely anti-abx and vaccines--always used only herbals and homeopathic remedies (and yes there is a big difference between herbs and homeopathic preparations.)

But, we too were told by many famous homeopaths and/or naturopaths, that abx should be used first to lower the bacterial load.

This illness has made me have to reevaluate all prior judgments and viewpoints--it is rarely an all or nothing scenario.

I agree that there is no one-size-fits-all when it comes to these infections. I wish there was.

Using a combination of abx, detox organ support through supplements, and encouraging the body to once again be strong enough to start fighting on its own (through the use of herbals and homeopathic remedies), sounds ideal for us--

Again, might not be for everyone and maybe won't be the right decision in the long run for us either--but that is how we are functioning at the moment.

All I know--and those of you who have read my posts over the year also know--is that I want to give some relief from her headache. If I can accomplish that, she would be doing phenomenally better than when we started here a year ago.

Incorporating more homeopathic remedies (like Arnica, which I actually have in stock at home--but didn't think of using it except for bruises, etc.)--I think is needed now to help the body along.

Dr. J's book sounds very interesting, and I plan to read it and possibly incorporate some of his suggestions.

Thanks everyone for your help, information, and suggestions.

Wishing you all a quick and complete recovery!

massman
Unregistered

Icon 1 posted            Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Thanks, Brussels.
I too felt there was a lot of misunderstanding here about homeopathy.

And the fact that we are all different and respond differently to different treatments. And many here seem to assume that what worked for them will absolutely work for others.

Thanks again !

IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
ott70
LymeNet Contributor
Member # 18237

Icon 1 posted      Profile for ott70     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I totally agree with we are all wired different.

And you know what else plays into it? Our brains. I don't trust abx, for my own personal beliefs, and they always seem to create a bad reaction in my system. I react much better with natural solutions.

So my thought is some of us respond better to abx because we believe they will work.

One of my late grandfathers helped design a popular antibiotic and my dad has some interesting (scary) stories about it. I don't recall the specifics at this time, but I'll ask him again.

I indulged my LLMD and took a round of Z-Max, Mepron, and Lariam and I'm paying the price for it. I believe the meds were working, but my toxicity went into overload and the last few weeks have been rough.

If I could afford it, I would be on a plane to Wichita to the Hansa Center right now. Just my belief for what works best for me.

Posts: 194 | From Colorado | Registered: Nov 2008  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
farraday
LymeNet Contributor
Member # 21494

Icon 1 posted      Profile for farraday     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I keep Arnica Montana 30x in my medicine cabinet. I worked with a very experienced homeopathic specialist for about 5 years. We wore out the huge guide they use...I can't remember the Latin name for it. I was tested every which way to Sunday.

I think I had just gotten too far gone by that time. But I do agree that everyone is different. After 10 years of trying every alternative path I could find, I was too ill to get up from my bed. Taking the IV antibiotics was not my idea at all....they just saved my life from a blood infection. And happened to fix my other diseases at the same time.

Now that I have relapsed and am showing improvement (my stammer is nearly gone after 6 months of Bicillin shots and I am able to write more lucidly) on antibiotics, I have to believe that I need them and that they work.

Chinese herbal medicine is a whole world unto itself. It helped me a lot, but not enough. I see it more as taking a supportive role in my healing journey.

--------------------
DOCTOR: "I don't think you are sick."
PATIENT: "We are all entitled to our opinions. I don't think you are a doctor."

Posts: 697 | From Northern California | Registered: Jul 2009  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Brussels
Member # 13480

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Brussels     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Great thread. Thank you all for your positive posts! I love when I see people respect each other's thoughts and paths.

Having got chronic candida and chronica lyme, most of my thoughts about what works and what doesn't work changed during the years.

The only thing that didn't change for me the whole way was: follow your gut feelings.

Everytime I got out of what I felt was right, I seemed to fall into a trap.

As for SOME natural treatments like REAL homeopathy, for example, I find that healthier people react better than very sick people. The healthier I got, the more I reacted faster with the right homeopathics.

I had been on classic homeopathy many years BEFORE I fell sick with lyme. They worked about 70% for my previous problems (mostly stomach and gut problems), but worked next to nothing in relation to infections (lyme and chronic candida).

For infections, non-clssic approach in homeopathy works better, in my opinion. Nosodes, cleasning substances etc.

Energy treatments depend on our own energy, our photon field, our magnetic field HEALTH to work. If our photon field is disturbed, the energy 'message' gets stuck somewhere and doens't go as far as it should.

One of the best boosting guns against homeopathics not working, in my case, was to add photons (infrared light). In fact, it was NOT that borrelia homeopathic nosodes didn't work for me before. I had ingested quite a lot of these nosodes years before.

It was the fact that I was too sick to get the message!

When I added the boosting of infrared and took almost the SAME homepathics I took before, it was like my body understood the whole of the message, like the nosode message got amplified about 50 times or so!

What I'm saying is that, the problem was not that the homeopathic substance was not working. The problem was that my body couldn't take the message because of sickness.

At least, that is how I start to think about the issue with homeopathic nosodes, in my case. Of course, I had used borrelia nosodes with my daughter too, coupled with classical homeopathy for quite a while before I knew about infrared.

Again, it helped a bit but not to the extent that nosodes bosted with infrared did.

Now that I no longer have lyme for almost a year, I rarely take any remedy and when I need any, usually an homeopathic or herbal, I rarely need any boosting from infrared.

I even sometimes don't ingest anything anymore, I just stay with the remedy close to my body and let it work for a while. It looks fake, but I've seen that working too many times to doubt now.

I believe that if I did that while I was very sick, it wouldn't have worked as it does now (or it would only have worked minimally).

That's when I come to the theory that, when sickness is too entrenched, first we need to treat that problem of messages getting stuck to use energetic treatments effectivelly. That's when TCM can help (acupunture, acupressure, herbs to make our energy circulate...)

It has been proved that after a cell die, the photon emissions get smaller and smaller and die a bit afterwards (after a big 'explosion' of light).

Life and light are totally coupled together. And there must be a reason for that!

I had a teacher of Taichichuan from Taiwan for many years. He rarely caught colds or got sick, but when he eventually did, his Taichichuan classes were canceled and he spent one or two days meditating.

When he meditated on his throat, his whole throat would get very hot (like as though warmed with strong sun light) and that's the way healing was sent. That was his only treatment.

He was healthy enough to do that!

Anyway, I'm just wandering about in my mind... In May I'll reach one year lyme free and lyme treatment free. It was a big journey, and in my case, almost 100% only through natural treatments. But coupled with muscle tests.

Whatever path you choose, I would only recommend muscle tests or energetic tests. You don't have to believe in such tests for them to work. I didn't believe in the beginning, and they worked anyway. Now I'm a big fan of them!

Finding any alternative protocol using herbs coupled with homeopathics to kill something was MUCH more difficult than adding 5-6 abx together that are known to attack this or that pathogen.

I could combine about 30-60 different substances a day for many purposes, but ONLY through energetic tests.

Finding KILLERS in such combinations was always the EASIEST part for me. But the killers I found sometimes were not in any literature for lyme or coinfections. I found some only through energetic tests.

Usually, coupling 3 different herbs for each pathogen in certain disease phases, is enough to eliminate them. The the disease phase changes, and you got to find more 3 different herbs and go on, and on until there's no more pathogen, nor symptom.

Keeping my life symptom free during killing was the MOST difficult. Symptom free from infection and symptom free from herxing. That needs a lot of combinations.

Whatever you add, with or without abx, energetic tests make your path to healing MUCH faster than trial and error. In my opinion, of course.

Good luck to you all!

Posts: 6199 | From Brussels | Registered: Oct 2007  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
anthropisces
LymeNet Contributor
Member # 15672

Icon 1 posted      Profile for anthropisces     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Stress is is the biggest trigger for me and I have had plenty of it. I am taking steps to manage the most stressful elements in my life, but that process itself is incredibly stressful.

That is my self treatment for the present; stress managment.

Posts: 152 | From West Palm Bech, FL | Registered: May 2008  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator

Quick Reply
HTML is not enabled.
UBB Code� is enabled.

Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | LymeNet home page | Privacy Statement