LymeNet Home LymeNet Home Page LymeNet Flash Discussion LymeNet Support Group Database LymeNet Literature Library LymeNet Legal Resources LymeNet Medical & Scientific Abstract Database LymeNet Newsletter Home Page LymeNet Recommended Books LymeNet Tick Pictures Search The LymeNet Site LymeNet Links LymeNet Frequently Asked Questions About The Lyme Disease Network LymeNet Menu

LymeNet on Facebook

LymeNet on Twitter

The Lyme Disease Network receives a commission from Amazon.com for each purchase originating from this site.

When purchasing from Amazon.com, please
click here first.

Thank you.

LymeNet Flash Discussion
Dedicated to the Bachmann Family

LymeNet needs your help:
LymeNet 2020 fund drive

The Lyme Disease Network is a non-profit organization funded by individual donations.

LymeNet Flash Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply
my profile | directory login | register | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» LymeNet Flash » Questions and Discussion » Medical Questions » I am thinking of doing the Allergy Elimination Diet

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: I am thinking of doing the Allergy Elimination Diet
Hoosiers51
Frequent Contributor (1K+ posts)
Member # 15759

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Hoosiers51     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Am I crazy or what?

I am wondering if food allergies could be a cause of my dark dark terrible under eye circles.

The thing is, I don't have nasal symptoms or GI symptoms. Just the dark eyes and a tiny patch of eczema , and fatigue.

Is it worth going to all the trouble of this crazy diet to find out?

I'm worried I'll go insane on this diet. But I think I'm gonna try it. Mainly wanting to know you guys' experiences and if eliminating all this stuff lead to any answers. Thanks!

http://www.drcranton.com/elimination_diet.htm

Posts: 4590 | From Midwest | Registered: Jun 2008  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Dekrator48
Frequent Contributor (5K+ posts)
Member # 18239

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Dekrator48     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I did an elimination diet a few years ago after having delayed food allergy testing.

It helped me find out which symptoms I was experiencing from different ingredients/foods.

My elimination diet was based on the results of my testing.

I was surprised by some of the foods that I was sensitive to.

It is not easy to make severe diet changes but I am glad I did it.

I did the diet when I only had a fibromyalgia diagnosis, not lyme.

It was helpful for decreasing my pain, stomach problems, itching, etc.

I still follow the no sugar, no corn syrup, no gluten, no dairy, no soy diet.

It is possible that foods could cause your under eye circles.

You just have to get used to eating real foods instead of processed junk.

It takes a little time to get the hang of it and find a variety of fresh veggies, fruits,nuts and grains (ie: quinoa) that you may have never tried before.

I would encourage you to try it with an optimistic attitude. Don't think of it as restrictive, but just a healthy change.

--------------------
The fibromyalgia I've had for 32 years was an undiagnosed Lyme symptom.

"For I know the plans I have for you", declares the Lord, "plans to prosper you and not to harm you, plans to give you hope and a future". -Jeremiah 29:11

Posts: 6076 | From Pennsylvania, USA | Registered: Nov 2008  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Wolfed Out
LymeNet Contributor
Member # 23727

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Wolfed Out     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Hoosiers!

Hey, man. It was one of the best things I did.

I know your troubles are not the same as mine, but you'll surely benefit from eating a healthier diet. You WILL feel better and more energetic from it. Maybe, it'll clear up your other problems as well.

After doing it for a month or so, it becomes a part of your lifestyle -- not a chore.

I hope you do it! Good luck...

Posts: 829 | From MD | Registered: Dec 2009  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
LittleLymie19
LymeNet Contributor
Member # 15610

Icon 1 posted      Profile for LittleLymie19     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I'm with Wolfed Out, it's the best thing I ever did as well. Disturbedme just posted on the dysautonomia thread about how much it helped her dysautonomia and heart issues. It's a fantastic post and really emphasizes the importance of being really strict with the diet. You should check it out!

It scares me to think where I'd be if I didn't eliminate allergens, chemicals and "junk". It was hard at first, but now I'll never go back because I truly believe it was killing me. I ended up in the hospital, and couldn't turn things around until I changed my diet.

Anyways, I could go on about this for years (lol), so let me know if you need any help with product suggestions or info! Shoot me a message [Smile]

Posts: 710 | From West Coast | Registered: May 2008  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Dekrator48
Frequent Contributor (5K+ posts)
Member # 18239

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Dekrator48     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
For anyone who may be interested, Hoosiers also has a thread in "Off Topic" about her Allergy Elimination diet where she discusses some ideas for food choices and asks for ideas...here is the link....

http://flash.lymenet.org/ubb/ultimatebb.php/topic/4/7213

--------------------
The fibromyalgia I've had for 32 years was an undiagnosed Lyme symptom.

"For I know the plans I have for you", declares the Lord, "plans to prosper you and not to harm you, plans to give you hope and a future". -Jeremiah 29:11

Posts: 6076 | From Pennsylvania, USA | Registered: Nov 2008  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
massman
Unregistered

Icon 1 posted            Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
There is computerized testing for allergies that IMO is pretty accurate + takes about a half hour to perform.

www.naet.com + find a practitioner near you. Ask if they have a BioMeridian machine and have the NAET program in their machine.

IME about 100 items can be tested in 30 to 45 minutes. So there are no months + months of avoidances + reintroinductions that can interfere with your life.

NAET also has treatment that works well for some + not so well for some others.

IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
springshowers
Member # 19863

Icon 1 posted      Profile for springshowers     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Hi I have a great idea for a tester.
Sadly I did this test 2nd after doing it ALL no my own after a normal allergy test and came up with 90 percent I showed a reaction to.

WE followed up with a much more extensive test and it came with a CD and a booklet that gives you step by step instructions on how to do the eliminations diet and I was impressed.

The only other thing is I was impressed with myself because that second more intensive test I did came back that I had NO allergies and by eliminating like I did I desentized myself.

I no longer eat most of them anyway but my doctors said I can add them back now..

I am not confident doing that at this time but I may re approach it.

The company is Immuno 1 if anyone is interested.

Also a whole booklet comes educating you and giving ideas and the whys and hows and a journal for your diet and symptoms tracking... etc.

Anyway.

Good Luck and I think it is a great thing to do!!

Posts: 2747 | From Unites States Of America | Registered: Apr 2009  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
springshowers
Member # 19863

Icon 1 posted      Profile for springshowers     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Here is the link to the Testing Place my doctor choose and they do Candida and Gliadan tests as well as food allergies too.

The provide you 3 DVDS to go through all the tests and how to make meal plans and ideas and a membership to the Better Health USA website..

Posts: 2747 | From Unites States Of America | Registered: Apr 2009  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Wisconsin
Member # 14522

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Wisconsin     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I can't believe how much my veiwpoint on this has changed over the years.

I used to be so cynical about food allegies/sensitivities.

We did the elimination diet and it's now plain to see that this whole food sesitivity is also part of my son's Lyme problem.

I think the Lyme has created/aggravated these issues, and they are real.

I am really getting so much better at feeding my whole family of five what my one son eats. Now they don't even notice.

My husband and I always say we would do anything to help him. Well, this diet helps us put our words into action.

I guess shopping and cooking for him makes me feel like I'm helping. It probably is like therapy for me.

It takes practice, but you can do it and it will probably be very worth your time and effort.

Posts: 44 | From Prairie du Sac | Registered: Jan 2008  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
springshowers
Member # 19863

Regarding my recommendation for the Better Health USA it is geared kinda towards those who are eating pretty badly and helps them see how to replace and use alternative things to allergy foods.

For me I can not use their actual recepies exactly and I subsitute even more and use much more Whole foods and nothing processed and white etc.

So though it would help someone who has not even made this attempt before.

Quick Reply
HTML is not enabled.
UBB Code� is enabled.

Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | LymeNet home page | Privacy Statement