LymeNet Home LymeNet Home Page LymeNet Flash Discussion LymeNet Support Group Database LymeNet Literature Library LymeNet Legal Resources LymeNet Medical & Scientific Abstract Database LymeNet Newsletter Home Page LymeNet Recommended Books LymeNet Tick Pictures Search The LymeNet Site LymeNet Links LymeNet Frequently Asked Questions About The Lyme Disease Network LymeNet Menu

LymeNet on Facebook

LymeNet on Twitter

The Lyme Disease Network receives a commission from Amazon.com for each purchase originating from this site.

When purchasing from Amazon.com, please
click here first.

Thank you.

LymeNet Flash Discussion
Dedicated to the Bachmann Family

LymeNet needs your help:
LymeNet 2020 fund drive

The Lyme Disease Network is a non-profit organization funded by individual donations.

LymeNet Flash Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply
my profile | directory login | register | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» LymeNet Flash » Questions and Discussion » Medical Questions » Im feeling SO much better!

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: Im feeling SO much better!
laurisabelle222
LymeNet Contributor
Member # 16591

Icon 1 posted      Profile for laurisabelle222     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
It's day 4 on the Zithromax and the depression is gone, the anxiety is significantly reduced, the brain fog is gone most of the day, vision issues much better, neuro symptoms sig reduced (sd and lt sen) and the weird thing that happens after i eat is better too- still there but better.

This weekend, instead of spending my whole weekend in bed, my husband and I actually went out. I shopped and enjoyed myself and get this, we went out to dinner twice! I laughed, walked around and just acted like a person! it was so wonderful.

A week ago, leaving my house was terrifying to me, but I did it twice in two days!

I cant even describe the feeling of relief to get a break from the depression. my husband was just so happy to have his wife back, even temporarily.

I dont know if this will last but its 4 days in a row so far, since i got on the whole 500 mg zithro, so im assuming its working.

Or its the lack of vit D.

what do u think is going on?

Posts: 319 | From nj | Registered: Jul 2008  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Hoosiers51
Frequent Contributor (1K+ posts)
Member # 15759

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Hoosiers51     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Are you on Plaquenil with it?

Sounds like it's working to me.

Posts: 4590 | From Midwest | Registered: Jun 2008  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Hoosiers51
Member # 15759

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Hoosiers51     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
ps---and wasn't it you who was saying last week you were worried it wasn't working? [Smile] Glad it finally is! [Smile]

I like Zith...been thinking of going back on it. But for me, I need to add Plaquenil for it to work a lot.

Posts: 4590 | From Midwest | Registered: Jun 2008  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
canefan17
Frequent Contributor (5K+ posts)
Member # 22149

Icon 1 posted      Profile for canefan17     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Inflammation is down

Enjoy : )

Posts: 5394 | From Houston, Tx | Registered: Aug 2009  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
laurisabelle222
LymeNet Contributor
Member # 16591

Icon 1 posted      Profile for laurisabelle222     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Yes im taking plaquenil with it.

I was the one last week. [Smile] I had begun taking 250 mgs for a week before beginning the full dose 4 days ago when i really saw improvement.

So that means it was the bart right? for me to feel better to quickly?

Posts: 319 | From nj | Registered: Jul 2008  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
EscapeFromLymeland
Member # 24931

Icon 1 posted      Profile for EscapeFromLymeland     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
What other medication, supplement or dosage changes have you made in the past month? Sometimes improvement from being taken off a medication is not readily noticable. Some Lyme MD's use a lot of CNS drugs, which may cause a protracted withdrawal (aka herx to some) then a delayed improvemennt. It may be coincidental that your improvemnent showed up a few days after starting these abx. Coincidence or good timing, depending on your viewpoint.
Posts: 42 | From Lymeland USA | Registered: Mar 2010  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
laurisabelle222
LymeNet Contributor
Member # 16591

escape- Im not sure I understand what u mean, but this past mth I have gotten off amox and biaxin kept plaq and added zith.

I fet horrible for over a month on the amox and biaxin and off it.

I began zith 250 mgs for 6 days then the full dose 4 days ago. The morning after I took the full dosage, I felt better and have been feeling better for the past 4 days in a row.

So u are saying its not from the Zith? That its from something else?

kadee
LymeNet Contributor
Member # 21199

Icon 1 posted      Profile for kadee     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Lauri, this is funny. The same thing just happened to me.
I started with low dose Zith and the next day my Bart symptoms were already much better.
Could ride my horse, which had been impossible during the last months.

Unfortunatly I had to stop the medication after four days, as I was floxed from Levaquin 2 months ago and I seem to tolerate no ABX yet. [Frown]

Posts: 269 | From Germany | Registered: Jul 2009  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
laurisabelle222
LymeNet Contributor
Member # 16591

Oh im sorry u had to go off of it. why did u?

So its possible to have a quick response then? I thought Bart could respond quickly...

kadee
LymeNet Contributor
Member # 21199

Icon 1 posted      Profile for kadee     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I had to go off, because the floxing symptoms returned:
Allergies and joint, muscle and tendon pains.

Posts: 269 | From Germany | Registered: Jul 2009  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Wolfed Out
LymeNet Contributor
Member # 23727

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Wolfed Out     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Interesting, Laurisa!

Glad to hear you're feeling better...

I'm also on Zithromax 600mg, Plaquenil 200mg 2x daily, and Minocycline 100mg.

I've seen tremendous improvement; cognitive, vision, fatigue, joint and muscle issues. All slowly resolving.

The vision stuff is astonishing. I can see just a LITTLE bit better everyday. It feels like I'm being born all over again. It's crazy.

But, I'm not sure it's Bartonella that's improving. The majority of my Bartonella symptoms haven't improved on this treatment; especially the skin issues and afternoon fatigue (which feels entirely different than the total body fatigue I was experiencing).

My LLMD attributes my visual problems with Babesia, and according to them, I'm not currently on a regimen that attacks Bartonella -- even though I'm on Zithromax and Plaquenil.

But, I've been told adding Bactrim DS or Rifampin next is what will attack Bartonella. I'll share my results when the time comes.

Regardless, very happy for your success!

Good luck,

Wolf

Posts: 829 | From MD | Registered: Dec 2009  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Hoosiers51
Member # 15759

Wolf,

What caused the total body fatigue, and did that get better?

laurisabelle,

When something responds to treatment quickly like this, if you're using a med that "can" hit Bart, my guess would be that there's a decent chance you are hitting Bart.

However, it could be hitting anything, I'm sure. Like perhaps Lyme, or even babesia. Remember I'm not a doctor! I'm sure people *can* see Lyme improvement within that period of time.

But based on what you've said, Bart seems like a good guess....though don't rule out other things. Better not to assume anything as absolute of course.

Hoosiers51
Member # 15759

I think what EscapeFrom was saying was that you could be seeing a type of delayed improvement from the Amox/Biaxin.

But I dunno, I'd go with your gut....if you sense that it's the Zith/Plaq helping you, it probably is. That is what I would assume.

Wolfed Out
LymeNet Contributor
Member # 23727

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Wolfed Out     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Hey Hoosiers,

I'm not a 100% sure what caused the total body fatigue. Actually, now that I think about it, maybe it is Bartonella and the symptoms have been reduced.

With all the mystery bugs I could possibly have, I really don't know for sure. The only co-infection tests I took were for Babesia and Bartonella, and both came back positive.

I also had lung and chest issues that started resolving with my treatment as well; suggestive of Mycoplasma?

Regardless, it has gotten much better Hoosiers. When I went to the gym, I only felt well enough to workout for 20-30 minutes. After that my muscles were exhausted and I would come home and take a nap. I really had to push myself at that point.

Now, I find myself in the gym wanting to stay longer (sometimes) and don't suffer from the muscle fatigue. I feel energetic when I leave the gym. I haven't felt the strong need for a nap in weeks.

I think the Olive Leaf Extract played a huge role in getting that symptom resolved.

Wolf

Posts: 829 | From MD | Registered: Dec 2009  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Lymetoo
Member # 743

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Lymetoo     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
YEA!!!! You go girl!!

--------------------
--Lymetutu--
Opinions, not medical advice!

Posts: 96222 | From Texas | Registered: Feb 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
lyme in Putnam
Member # 11561

Icon 1 posted      Profile for lyme in Putnam     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Great - keep it up. I remember the simplicty of a day and hope it keeps up for you.

--------------------
He took u to it, He'll you through

Posts: 2837 | From NE. | Registered: Apr 2007  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
laurisabelle222
LymeNet Contributor
Member # 16591

Hey guys. Im glad u are better too wolf!

I thought that Zith hit bart and lyme and not babesia. ??

Hoosiers, yeah I agree. I did have an immediate result with relief of similiar symptoms when I began biaxin and amox one year ago. Within one week I began seeing a difference and it lasted for months. I mean Im still sick, dont get me wrong, but not having to be in bed all day with depression and brain fog is wonderful. [Smile]

I do see what you are saying and what she is saying about a response to another med and would totally believe it if there was something I was taking.

I was on the amox and Biaxin for a whole year, got worse and changed to Zith and within 8 days am feeling some relief. So I just cant imagine the biaxin and amox being the cause sicne while on it I felt good for months, then got a relapse and I've been on it for a yr. Know what im saying?

But I do completely see how this could happen totally and appreciate all the advice and sugggestions. [Smile]

Now I have terrible air hunger/chest pain today... wonder what's going on now... I also still have the "attacks" after I eat, where I get nervous, chills, shakes, for like a half hour and then it passes... so weird. It was better over the weekend but worse last night.

nefferdun
Member # 20157

Icon 1 posted      Profile for nefferdun     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
It is great to get a response like that. I had a similar reaction when I switched to Bactrim DS and Biaxin. It felt like the sun was coming out for me. My depression lifted and I had more motivation to do things. I also rode my horse(s) and began to make plans to live again. I am not well either, just significantly better. There is hope now that I can be well someday.

--------------------
old joke: idiopathic means the patient is pathological and the the doctor is an idiot

Posts: 4676 | From western Montana | Registered: Apr 2009  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Limeaid
Member # 22357

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Limeaid     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
That is great laurisabelle! That was funny when you said that you "just acted like a person". It's scary just how bad this disease can make us feel, isn't it?!?!?! But when we have a day or a week when we feel better, it is such a gift! Hope you continue to feel better.
Limeaid

Posts: 84 | From Seattle, WA | Registered: Sep 2009  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Camber
Member # 21694

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Camber     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by kadee:
I had to go off, because the floxing symptoms returned:
Allergies and joint, muscle and tendon pains.

Could u explain more? Flox? how do you know its a flox symptom never heard that word b4.
Posts: 92 | From ri | Registered: Aug 2009  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator

Quick Reply
HTML is not enabled.
UBB Code� is enabled.

Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | LymeNet home page | Privacy Statement