LymeNet Home LymeNet Home Page LymeNet Flash Discussion LymeNet Support Group Database LymeNet Literature Library LymeNet Legal Resources LymeNet Medical & Scientific Abstract Database LymeNet Newsletter Home Page LymeNet Recommended Books LymeNet Tick Pictures Search The LymeNet Site LymeNet Links LymeNet Frequently Asked Questions About The Lyme Disease Network LymeNet Menu

LymeNet on Facebook

LymeNet on Twitter

The Lyme Disease Network receives a commission from Amazon.com for each purchase originating from this site.

When purchasing from Amazon.com, please
click here first.

Thank you.

LymeNet Flash Discussion
Dedicated to the Bachmann Family

LymeNet needs your help:
LymeNet 2020 fund drive

The Lyme Disease Network is a non-profit organization funded by individual donations.

LymeNet Flash Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply
my profile | directory login | register | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» LymeNet Flash » Questions and Discussion » Medical Questions » sore spots on head?

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: sore spots on head?
kissygoose
LymeNet Contributor
Member # 21314

Icon 1 posted      Profile for kissygoose     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I'm just curious to see if this might be associated with Lyme?

I have a spot on my head that gets sore on and off for no reason. It's always the same spot but it's not always sore.

I did have a brain MRI done but won't get the results of that for several more weeks.

Thanks.

Posts: 115 | From Central PA | Registered: Jul 2009  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
psano2
LymeNet Contributor
Member # 11711

Icon 1 posted      Profile for psano2     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I used to have that. I went away w/treatment.
Posts: 975 | From California | Registered: Apr 2007  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
imagine2
LymeNet Contributor
Member # 3136

Icon 1 posted      Profile for imagine2     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I have these sore spots a lot. They usually accompany a headache. Always wondered if this was encephalopathy. Maybe someone else will come along with the answer.
Posts: 677 | From Virginia | Registered: Sep 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
MDW005
Frequent Contributor (1K+ posts)
Member # 22706

Icon 1 posted      Profile for MDW005     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I to have the sore spots with tenderness and becomes worse when headache begins.

--------------------
God's promises mean you always have something wonderful to look forward to.

Posts: 2150 | From Georgia | Registered: Oct 2009  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
17hens
Member # 23747

Icon 1 posted      Profile for 17hens     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
are you guys kidding? another thing from lyme? i've gotten these for years, not real often, but boy do they hurt! sore like someone grabbed a hold of my hair (always the same place) and tried to rip it out, but it started from a headache. is that what you mean? i had no idea... this stupid thing is soooo invasive!!

--------------------
"My flesh and my heart may fail, but God is the strength of my heart and my portion forever." Psalms 73:26

bit 4/09, diagnosed 1/10

Posts: 3043 | From PA | Registered: Dec 2009  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
kissygoose
LymeNet Contributor
Member # 21314

Icon 1 posted      Profile for kissygoose     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
17hens...yes, I liken mine to having hit my head on something and having a bruise there except it's always on the same spot. It doesn't neccessarily coincide with a headache and can last weeks at a time.
Posts: 115 | From Central PA | Registered: Jul 2009  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
justchugginalong
Member # 23309

Icon 1 posted      Profile for justchugginalong   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Question for kissy...

does it feel like something hit you on the head or does it feel like something about the size of a pencil eraser top trying to poke it's way out. From the inside going outward?

Just curious. I have these and for years now. Not always with a headache. One spot the worst spot of all developed into Alopecia Areata.

Posts: 72 | From Virginia | Registered: Nov 2009  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
sutherngrl
Member # 16270

Icon 1 posted      Profile for sutherngrl     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I get these too. Like Kissygoose, I compare it to the feeling of my scap being bruised. Very sore!
Posts: 4035 | From Mississippi | Registered: Jul 2008  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
glm1111
Frequent Contributor (5K+ posts)
Member # 16556

Icon 1 posted      Profile for glm1111     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
It's an infection under the scalp. Most likely from parasites. I have/had this and when I took antiparasitic herbs and salt/c they formed bumps, then scabs and started pushing thru the scalp.

The top of my head became bright red. It is also where my LLMD identified a bullseye. If you haven't treated for parasites you probably should.

Gael

--------------------
PARASITES/WORMS ARE NOW
RECOGNIZED AS THE NUMBER 1 CO-INFECTION IN LYME DISEASE BY ILADS*

Posts: 6418 | From philadelphia pa | Registered: Jul 2008  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
kissygoose
LymeNet Contributor
Member # 21314

Just chugging...no it is usually about the size of a quarter and sore to the touch like I bumped it on something and there is a bruise there.

Last week it hurt real bad but this week it's gone. but that doesn't seem to line up with any of my other symptoms or headaches.

Gael...I will most definitely mention this to my LLMD when I see them for the first time.

mojo
Member # 9309

Icon 1 posted      Profile for mojo     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I get what I call "hurty bumps" that are like bigger pimples on my scalp. They start to hurt then the bumps form, they get big and very sore then go away. Then it repeats.

I got this when I was on Cumanda and also when I was using an herbal remedy from a NP that included parasite treatment. I didn't get it from humaworm, though.

Sometimes I get facial acne when I rife for parasites. (and I'm 50!!)

Posts: 1761 | From USA | Registered: May 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
IckyTicky
Member # 21466

Icon 1 posted      Profile for IckyTicky     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I get them, I've had it on and off for years. Sore spots like little locks of hair has been pulled.
Mine isn't always in one spot, but sometimes in several places on my scalp.

I also have a deep ridge in my skull now.. it's weird. Like a sunken in indentation that is a few inches long. As if I'd been hit with something in the past, but I haven't.

--------------------
IGM: 18+, 23+, 30+, 31+++, 34+, 39IND, 41++, 58+++, 66+, 83-93IND
IGG: 31+, 39IND, 41+
Also positive for Mycoplasma Pneumoniae and RMSF.
Whole family of 5 dx with Lyme.

Posts: 1014 | From Texas | Registered: Jul 2009  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
healingtime
Member # 25002

Icon 1 posted      Profile for healingtime     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
have it- just got worse yesterday so i'm happy to see a recent post about it. Like you Icky, mine isn't just in one spot but can move around- not incredibly painful but just sore like i've been hit there before- also may include a headache

If people have had this for years i suppose it is not something we should immediately get checked out? I did an MRI about 6 months ago anyway and that was fine.

glm1111- did you discover what kind of parasite does this to the scalp?

Posts: 34 | From Texas | Registered: Mar 2010  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
cactus
Member # 7347

Icon 1 posted      Profile for cactus     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I had these too. They are gone now, after very thorough Lyme and co-infection treatment.

My LLMD said they are not uncommon in Lyme patients.

I think she said it's nerve pain - nothing unusual for me!

--------------------
�Did you ever stop to think, and forget to start again?� - A.A. Milne

Posts: 1987 | From No. VA | Registered: May 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
sutherngrl
Member # 16270

Icon 1 posted      Profile for sutherngrl     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I think for me it is nerve pain. Its not like a sore or bump, its more like a bruised feeling. It just feels sore!
Posts: 4035 | From Mississippi | Registered: Jul 2008  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
kissygoose
LymeNet Contributor
Member # 21314

ditto sutherngrl. It's very much like a bruise. Doesn't tend to bother me unless it gets touched. More annoying than anything.
Aimee
LymeNet Contributor
Member # 20946

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Aimee     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Count me in too - I get the sore spot on my head as well. They come and go, not always in the same spot and most often associated with a headache. Every so often it will feel like I've had a ponytail in too tight for too long in a certain spot but usually it feels like a bruise. Figured it was Lyme as it started with all my other symptoms. Hoping it goes away with treatment.
Posts: 239 | From Virginia | Registered: Jun 2009  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Haley
Member # 22008

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Haley     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I have an odd sensation at the crown of my scalp. Sometimes it becomes a headache. When I flare my scalp flares.

This is how I was diagnosed with Lyme. It seemed so insignificant compared to everything else I was going through that I never mentioned it. I told my doc I had this weird sensation on my scalp and she said "hmmm that makes me think of Lyme."

That was the clue that got me my diagnosis 1 1/2 years after being bitten.

I feel that when my scalp symptom is gone I will be cured. It's just a feeling I have.

Posts: 2232 | From USA | Registered: Aug 2009  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Faith6
LymeNet Contributor
Member # 14072

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Faith6     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I brought my 19 year old daughter to the Dr last night because of having a bruised swollen feeling on her left scalp that then started moving down her head. She says it also feels like the nerves in that area are super sensitive.

She has had it for 6 days and actually wanted to see a doctor!!!

Today it is also in her neck. Her lymph nodes are swollen and her cheek is breaking out in sores more than pimples.

I brought her to an office I took her to a month or so ago (to an alternative doc who started her on some supplements), although she saw a regular doctor last night. He said it normal and if it lasts over a couple weeks to come back in.

I was thinking maybe the iron she was started on was feeding Babesia. I mentioned that and he said he didn't think it was an "exotic" disease!

It makes sense that it would be from detoxifying.

I think she has Lyme & Co and hopefully can convince her to see my LLMD this summer.

I have had similar swelling on one side only through out the years.

--------------------
"His faithful love endures forever." Psalm 136

Posts: 189 | From MN | Registered: Dec 2007  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Beachinit
LymeNet Contributor
Member # 21040

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Beachinit     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Mine happen on forehead, sometimes swell then go down, other times pimple size and small but still
no reason to be there in the same place for so long. I can't help thinking the "chetes" can't stand the Antibiotics and want out of here. If so I take it as a good sign.

Beachinit.

--------------------
Ideas not advice.

Posts: 448 | From Downeast Maine | Registered: Jul 2009  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator

Quick Reply
HTML is not enabled.
UBB Code� is enabled.

Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | LymeNet home page | Privacy Statement