LymeNet Home LymeNet Home Page LymeNet Flash Discussion LymeNet Support Group Database LymeNet Literature Library LymeNet Legal Resources LymeNet Medical & Scientific Abstract Database LymeNet Newsletter Home Page LymeNet Recommended Books LymeNet Tick Pictures Search The LymeNet Site LymeNet Links LymeNet Frequently Asked Questions About The Lyme Disease Network LymeNet Menu

LymeNet on Facebook

LymeNet on Twitter

The Lyme Disease Network receives a commission from Amazon.com for each purchase originating from this site.

When purchasing from Amazon.com, please
click here first.

Thank you.

LymeNet Flash Discussion
Dedicated to the Bachmann Family

LymeNet needs your help:
LymeNet 2020 fund drive

The Lyme Disease Network is a non-profit organization funded by individual donations.

LymeNet Flash Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply
my profile | directory login | register | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» LymeNet Flash » Questions and Discussion » Medical Questions » this herb,,where can i buy it.

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: this herb,,where can i buy it.
street129
LymeNet Contributor
Member # 23472

Icon 1 posted      Profile for street129     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
where can i buy corydalis...i was just reading on it..it got a 2 rating out of 3...this is what is says..

http://www.peacehealth.org/kbase/cam/hn-2074006.htm

human clinical trials on dl-THP have shown the ability to fall asleep was improved in people suffering from insomnia after taking 100-200 mg of dl-THP at bedtime. No drug hangover symptoms such as morning grogginess, dizziness or vertigo were reported by people taking the alkaloid extract.9

Reports from Chinese researchers also note that 75 mg of THP daily was effective in reducing nerve pain in 78% of the patients tested.10 Painful menstruation (dysmenorrhea), abdominal pain after childbirth, and headache have also been reported to be successfully treated with THP.11

Extracts of the herb may also be useful in the treatment of stomach ulcers. In a large sample of patients with stomach and intestinal ulcers or chronic inflammation of the stomach lining, a 90-120 mg extract of the herb per day (equal to 5-10 grams of the crude herb) was found to improve healing and symptoms in 76% of the patients.

--------------------
IgM: Neg Neg 34IND 39IND
41+ 83-93IND

IgG: Neg Neg 41+

cfs, hhv6, mycobacterium, hsv1, cmv, pirovirus, and Epstein Barr virus.... digestive system

GOD GIVE IT, AND GOD CAN TAKE IT AWAY

Posts: 655 | From new york | Registered: Dec 2009  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
street129
LymeNet Contributor
Member # 23472

Icon 1 posted      Profile for street129     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
THANK YOU, this will really put me to sleep, really, i wish i had it right now, i do not want to take the benos, i am going to buy this NOWWWW,

i really, really, really, reallly hope it works....

who else is up with me tonight, cause i will not get any sleep,.. i will not be taken the restoril

knowing what i know now.... i know tomorrow i will pay for this, it happened two nights ago., i didnt sleep, and felt awful, no sleep is worst than the withdrawal symtoms. whose upppppppppp

--------------------
41+ 83-93IND

cfs, hhv6, mycobacterium, hsv1, cmv, pirovirus, and Epstein Barr virus.... digestive system

Posts: 655 | From new york | Registered: Dec 2009  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
street129
LymeNet Contributor
Member # 23472

i did not get to go to the site....PM me with the link please

--------------------
41+ 83-93IND

Keebler
Honored Contributor (25K+ posts)
Member # 12673

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Keebler     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
-
Sorry. There was no reply posted when I deleted my earlier post - it must have been delayed posting.

I deleted the one formula I posted a while ago because I looked again and saw that it contained licorice and that's not good for anyone with blood pressure problems AND It can be excitatory. It also had a type of ginseng, also excitatory.

That particular formula was not so much for sleep but for pain management, so the added ingredients were contraindicated for sleep.

Another brand I found contained Angelica and that's not good for diabetes patients as it can raise blood sugar. That's the only brand at VitaCost.

The goal would be to find a formual that works for anyone.

Your LL PA would know exactly where to find it, I'd guess. You might call his office tomorrow and they can tell you - and the amount that they suggest and dosing instructions.

Whatever you choose, be sure to never mix it with a sleep Rx or over the counter sleep aid.
-

Posts: 48021 | From Tree House | Registered: Jul 2007  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
riverspirit
LymeNet Contributor
Member # 19435

Icon 1 posted      Profile for riverspirit     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Hi, Usually corydalis is used in a formula with other herbs that complement it's action. Angelica helps "move energy" which is often an issue with pain (stagnant energy).

Here is a site where you can buy just corydalis....i have zero financial interest:

http://www.viable-herbal.com/Singles/herbs/s171.htm

Posts: 164 | From North America | Registered: Mar 2009  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
street129
LymeNet Contributor
Member # 23472

will my llmd, approved the benos,he gaves me a scribe for tempezepam.... i will call a nutrionist tomorrow, a man that i talk with on the phone... i will asked him what is good for sleep... he loves to talk

riverspirit i dont like what they are saying about the herb on the site..

i will not buy this...Overuse (many times the recommended dosage) may lead to toxicity or hepatitis, and use of Corydalis may cause nausea, fatigue or vertigo.

thanks both of you... i appreciated it, its 2 30 am and i'm hungry...wishing for sleep to come...nothing

--------------------
41+ 83-93IND

lymie_in_md
Frequent Contributor (1K+ posts)
Member # 14197

Icon 1 posted      Profile for lymie_in_md     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
http://www.amazon.com/Corydalis-Root-Cut-Sifted-Wildcrafted/dp/B0032K4S9Y/ref=sr_1_7?ie=UTF8&s=hpc&qid=1270556699&sr=8-7

Another site selling wild crafted corydalis if you are interested in tincturing it.

--------------------
Bob

Posts: 2150 | From Maryland | Registered: Dec 2007  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
thejoje
LymeNet Contributor
Member # 19976

Icon 1 posted      Profile for thejoje   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Corydalis is an ingredient in Dr. Zhang's "Herbsom", which is recommended for patients with insomnia.

Do a google search to read more about it.

I believe the cheapest place to order it is Hepapro.com

Good luck!

--------------------
When we are no longer able to change a situation---we are challenged to change ourselves.
(Viktor Frankl- Holocaust survivor)

Posts: 460 | From Maine | Registered: Apr 2009  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator

Quick Reply
HTML is not enabled.
UBB Code� is enabled.

Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | LymeNet home page | Privacy Statement