LymeNet Home LymeNet Home Page LymeNet Flash Discussion LymeNet Support Group Database LymeNet Literature Library LymeNet Legal Resources LymeNet Medical & Scientific Abstract Database LymeNet Newsletter Home Page LymeNet Recommended Books LymeNet Tick Pictures Search The LymeNet Site LymeNet Links LymeNet Frequently Asked Questions About The Lyme Disease Network LymeNet Menu

LymeNet on Facebook

LymeNet on Twitter

The Lyme Disease Network receives a commission from Amazon.com for each purchase originating from this site.

When purchasing from Amazon.com, please
click here first.

Thank you.

LymeNet Flash Discussion
Dedicated to the Bachmann Family

LymeNet needs your help:
LymeNet 2020 fund drive

The Lyme Disease Network is a non-profit organization funded by individual donations.

LymeNet Flash Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply
my profile | directory login | register | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» LymeNet Flash » Questions and Discussion » Medical Questions » for insomnia..not benzo..Rozerem

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: for insomnia..not benzo..Rozerem
street129
LymeNet Contributor
Member # 23472

Icon 1 posted      Profile for street129     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
has anybody ever use this medication for sleep, it a script and it more in the Melatonin family. its not benzo.... i am not touching it..im doing my withdrawal.

http://www.weknowsleep.com/Rozerem.html?cp=2309&KEYWORD=medication+rozerem

--------------------
IgM: Neg Neg 34IND 39IND
41+ 83-93IND

IgG: Neg Neg 41+

cfs, hhv6, mycobacterium, hsv1, cmv, pirovirus, and Epstein Barr virus.... digestive system

GOD GIVE IT, AND GOD CAN TAKE IT AWAY

Posts: 655 | From new york | Registered: Dec 2009  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Lymetoo
Member # 743

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Lymetoo     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Do what is good for you.

--------------------
--Lymetutu--
Opinions, not medical advice!

Posts: 96222 | From Texas | Registered: Feb 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
EscapeFromLymeland
Member # 24931

Icon 1 posted      Profile for EscapeFromLymeland     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Many people going through withdrawal have a difficult time tolerating medications and supplements. The nervous system hyper responds to everything -- medications, supplements, light, sound, foods, stress, ...everything.

I agree with what others have said about the importance of establishing a sleep cycle and rest, but many people going through withdrawal get a rebound effect.

Many people find that they can't sleep more than an hour or so at a time. My point is not to stress about it. If you can't sleep and you're in bed and stressing about how tired you are and how you bad you need sleep, then get up.

The anxiety will increase as a result of stopping the medication. Understanding that may allow you to accept what you are feeling, that being the increased anxiety about sleep loss. Accept that feeling just like you might accept being hungry if you are trying to diet.

It is just part of the process. Your body will adjust in time. It is all a matter of time.

I completely agree that people going through withdrawal need to minimize stress as much as possible. I don't want to scare you away from the withdrawal. Just understand that your body takes time to adjust and you may find yourself hyper responding to all sorts of stimuli. Accept it and let it pass. It WILL pass in time.

You should make sure you have a doctor monitoring your medical needs. However, I do not suggest using the doctors that have been prescribing all those medications. It would seem that they did not notice this problem when they were helping create it.

Maybe you can find someone that is familiar with drug withdrawal.

{I do not understand the difference between Street's asking and receiving advice about this topic online and those asking specific medical questions about Lyme treatment online. Why are Street's issues inappropriate to discuss unless with a doctor, but the Lyme treatment ok to discuss online?}

Street has been given good advice by many people here. I hope 'you people' do not delete all his/her posted topics, too!

The amount of censorship here is a disservice to those needing help and seeking balanced information. It prevents people from being able to make sound decisions by themselves.

The censorship here is akin to bookburning.

Posts: 42 | From Lymeland USA | Registered: Mar 2010  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
kday
LymeNet Contributor
Member # 22234

Icon 1 posted      Profile for kday     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Your information isn't balanced. It's biased.

I encourage other users to look through this persons post history. See if you can find ANYTHING relating their personal experience with Lyme or a misdiagnosis of Lyme (since this person is against LLMD treatment), and check out how many topics they started (none). This person is against the use of abx, benzos, narcotics, and thinks they know what's best for you.

By the way, I deleted my own topic. The board isn't censoring you. I did.

EscapeFromLymeland -

Have you ever had your nervous system send you to the hospital with a never ending attack (several hours to days long), blood pressure in the hypertensive crisis range, heart rate over 200 bpm, and being treated like you are having a heart attack? No, I wasn't on any medication. Did your heart rate stay above 100 bpm 24/7 after beta blockers, tranquilizers, and medication for angina? I didn't think so. Can you understand why I chose CNS depressants?

Addictive medications have their purpose, but I will agree with you that they are overused. I really think some non-addictive natural stuff works great for mild to moderate anxiety/panic too. Kava works great, and Inositol is something else to look into for anxiety (and better for liver). However, nothing is worse when you can't sleep all but a couple hours for weeks or months straight.

And no, you should not be playing doctor telling people how they should ween off their benzos. Suggesting the idea is fine, but medications (especially controlled substances) need to be monitored by a doctor. I have seen some posts where people tell someone else how much of an antibiotic they should be taking as well, and that isn't acceptable or safe either.

Posts: 967 | From A deserted island without internet access | Registered: Sep 2009  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
trigal2
LymeNet Contributor
Member # 20578

Icon 1 posted      Profile for trigal2     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
When someone makes a commitment to w/d from Benzo.s such as Valium there are going to be extended periods of time when sleep cycles are disrupted and insomnia prevails.

If you are trying to get off of Valium then you don't take Valium to ward off withdrawal enduced insomnia.

Also, Valium has been known to alter the sleep architecture/patterns by reducing the amount of restorative rapid eye movement (REM) sleep and increasing the non-restorative sleep patterns. This can result in daytime drowsiness and poor cognitive function. So you may not be getting the restorative sleep that you think.

[ 04-08-2010, 05:29 PM: Message edited by: trigal2 ]

Posts: 376 | From New Jersey | Registered: Jun 2009  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator

Quick Reply
HTML is not enabled.
UBB Code� is enabled.

Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | LymeNet home page | Privacy Statement