LymeNet Home LymeNet Home Page LymeNet Flash Discussion LymeNet Support Group Database LymeNet Literature Library LymeNet Legal Resources LymeNet Medical & Scientific Abstract Database LymeNet Newsletter Home Page LymeNet Recommended Books LymeNet Tick Pictures Search The LymeNet Site LymeNet Links LymeNet Frequently Asked Questions About The Lyme Disease Network LymeNet Menu

LymeNet on Facebook

LymeNet on Twitter

The Lyme Disease Network receives a commission from Amazon.com for each purchase originating from this site.

When purchasing from Amazon.com, please
click here first.

Thank you.

LymeNet Flash Discussion
Dedicated to the Bachmann Family

LymeNet needs your help:
LymeNet 2020 fund drive

The Lyme Disease Network is a non-profit organization funded by individual donations.

LymeNet Flash Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply
my profile | directory login | register | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» LymeNet Flash » Questions and Discussion » Medical Questions » just started treatment... more questions.. sorry

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: just started treatment... more questions.. sorry
Ahodge01
LymeNet Contributor
Member # 23569

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Ahodge01     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Is it weird to feel better right away? I literally took my first pill last night... I have horrible anxiety about medicine, but about an hour and a half after taking it I felt better than I had in the last six months.

I have more energy today and feel better, still not 100% but feel much better. The pressure in my face had totally disappeared last night, but today it is back. No were near as bad as it was though.

Should I not get my hopes up? I have been let down by meds before. Brain fog is still there a little bit and still get a weird feeling every now an again. i cant deny that I feel better.

I take 500mg Amoxy every 8 hours and 1 probiotic pearl either before or after a meal twice a day.

Anything else I should do... I try not to eat a lot of sugar but its hard being broke. I cant really afford a lot of gluten free food and well i have to eat haha.

For dinner though I made a chicken breast and a vegetable medley of corn, broccoli, beans, and peppers. I did have a breaded chicken sandwich for lunch but like I said I have to eat kind of on a budget.

Anyone have some tips for cutting down on the sugar and gluten on a budget? Im a 22 year old intern paying $1000 for an apartment in new york so food is what I can afford. I cant get back to work till I get better and money is starting to run slim.

Thanks for your replies in advance.

Posts: 286 | From St. Louis | Registered: Dec 2009  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
catskillmamala
LymeNet Contributor
Member # 12536

Icon 1 posted      Profile for catskillmamala     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Some people do feel better immediately without herxing. I think it means either they are detoxing very well or they are hitting bugs that aren't spirochetes so there is no herx.

Anyway, don't beat yourself up for not feeling worse. I always tell people if you feel better its good, if you feel worse its good.

Get a rice maker and make a big pot of rice. Buy tortillas or cornshells, spread refried beans and sprinkle with cheese, toast them, yum.

Eat lots of fruit and veggies- make carrots and apples your dessert to avoid sugar.

Posts: 524 | From Hudson Valley, NY | Registered: Jul 2007  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Lymetoo
Member # 743

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Lymetoo     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
You're really fortunate! Let's hope this keeps up!! Some people never really herx, they just get better!!

Stick to a clean diet as much as possible. You will reap the rewards!

PS.. go easy on fruits, as they can exacerbate yeast. Granny Smith apples are OK.

--------------------
--Lymetutu--
Opinions, not medical advice!

Posts: 96222 | From Texas | Registered: Feb 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
LightAtTheEnd
LymeNet Contributor
Member # 24065

Icon 1 posted      Profile for LightAtTheEnd     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Eat your breaded chicken without the bun, or better yet, get grilled chicken if you can. Eat any meat and cheese you would have in a sandwich over romaine lettuce or spinach leaves instead of on bread.

Make vegetable omelettes for breakfast. Broccoli and onion in scrambled eggs is good.

Buy a whole chicken or a large roast, possibly on sale, along with some nonstarchy vegetables (avoid corn and potatoes), and make a huge pot of soup. You can also use a crock pot to make it. Add whatever salt, pepper and herbs you want to make it taste good. Then you can microwave a bowl whenever you're hungry, or pack it in a container to take with you if needed.

If you have room in a freezer, you can freeze small containers of soup, stew or chili so you can eat different ones for different meals, instead of eating from the same pot until it's gone.

You could also cook several pieces of meat, or hamburgers, in a frying pan or under a broiler, and then keep some salad greens and dressing around, so you can just heat up a piece of meat and eat it in a salad.

Strawberries and other berries are low sugar fruits.

If your budget mandates that you have to eat bread, rice, pasta, etc., then try to get the whole grain kind. You can buy whole wheat flour (note that it's not gluten free though) or corn meal or corn tortilla flour, and make your own biscuits or bread or tortillas, and it will be cheaper than buying them already made.

Beans have starch, so they have a lot of carbs and are one of the things to watch the amount if you are worried about yeast.

However, they are loaded with protein, fiber, and nutrients, and dried beans that you boil yourself are really cheap. They also keep in your cupboard for a long time.

Rinse and /or soak them first, then boil them in lots of water for a couple of hours--maybe 1/4 beans to 3/4 water, with salt and maybe some onions, garlic, or meat for extra flavor. Or if you soak them too long before cooking them, you get bean sprouts. [Smile]

When they are done, you can use them for soup, refried beans, and you can put cold beans on a salad.

I'm glad you're feeling better right away. Celebrate that.

Good luck, and hang in there.

--------------------
Don't forget to laugh! And when you're going through hell, keep going!

Bitten 5/25/2009 in Perry County, Indiana. Diagnosed by LLMD 12/2/2009.

Posts: 756 | From Inside the tunnel | Registered: Jan 2010  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Ahodge01
LymeNet Contributor
Member # 23569

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Ahodge01     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Wow! everyone thanks for the replies...

Ive decided just to finish off the food in my fridge luckily that is not much... like I said in my situation throwing food away is something I just cant do. I figure I will just slowly make the switch over.

I have lots of sausage, chicken and fish... So this weekend I will pick up some beef also. i was told buffalo is better than regular hamburger meat can anyone vouch for this?

light at the End,

You basically made my grocery list for this week haha Thank you. Take note I am a 22 year old male so cooking is not my specialty so this could get interesting.

Im not feeling as well as the first night, but I was so happy the face pressure left! Its back now but has been improving... It didnt come on till around 11AM today so hopefully it will keep backing off.

Hopefully, I will be able to get the diet figured out here over the weekend.

Posts: 286 | From St. Louis | Registered: Dec 2009  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator

Quick Reply
HTML is not enabled.
UBB Code� is enabled.

Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | LymeNet home page | Privacy Statement