LymeNet Home LymeNet Home Page LymeNet Flash Discussion LymeNet Support Group Database LymeNet Literature Library LymeNet Legal Resources LymeNet Medical & Scientific Abstract Database LymeNet Newsletter Home Page LymeNet Recommended Books LymeNet Tick Pictures Search The LymeNet Site LymeNet Links LymeNet Frequently Asked Questions About The Lyme Disease Network LymeNet Menu

LymeNet on Facebook

LymeNet on Twitter

The Lyme Disease Network receives a commission from Amazon.com for each purchase originating from this site.

When purchasing from Amazon.com, please
click here first.

Thank you.

LymeNet Flash Discussion
Dedicated to the Bachmann Family

LymeNet needs your help:
LymeNet 2020 fund drive

The Lyme Disease Network is a non-profit organization funded by individual donations.

LymeNet Flash Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply
my profile | directory login | register | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» LymeNet Flash » Questions and Discussion » Medical Questions » Dermo's don't have answer to skin lesions

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: Dermo's don't have answer to skin lesions
ladyjenie
LymeNet Contributor
Member # 21098

Icon 1 posted      Profile for ladyjenie     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I have been struggling months with a mysterious skin condition. Have seen numerous dermatologists and of course the diagnosis is always pychosis.

The lesions are very persistent. Some are round and some about 1/16" long with what appears to be a black thorn-like thing in them. I am covered from head to toe with sores. Embarrassed to go anywhere.

Anyone had a skin problem such as this? When I scratch a lesion it bleeds terribly and I am ruining my linens and clothing.

Also when I scratch it if any part of the inside of the lesion is left on the outside skin a new lesion is formed. Like it clones itself?? No wonder they multiply so quickly.

I am having anxiety because it is consuming my life. Can't resist scratching, how can I get rid of this?

Posts: 245 | From Texas | Registered: Jul 2009  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Treelady
Member # 23506

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Treelady     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Google Morgellons. I don't know much about it but sounds like what is happening to you. I think it is related to chronic lyme

--------------------
Treelady

Posts: 39 | From California | Registered: Dec 2009  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
glm1111
Frequent Contributor (5K+ posts)
Member # 16556

Icon 1 posted      Profile for glm1111     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I have had these. Check out

www.lymephotos.com

I have had EXACTLY what is pictured pour out of me after six months of antiparasitic herbs and salt/c (sea salt) Burgdorfer found Adult Filarial Worms in the ticks he dissected.

There are parasites under the lesions. Parasites and worms play a MAJOR part in lyme disease. Type parasites and lyme into the search bar and you will find a lot of info.

The lesions got better with treatment. I also used to put Super Lysine Plus on them which has natural antibiotics. Some people use collidal silver on the lesions.

Gael

--------------------
PARASITES/WORMS ARE NOW
RECOGNIZED AS THE NUMBER 1 CO-INFECTION IN LYME DISEASE BY ILADS*

Posts: 6418 | From philadelphia pa | Registered: Jul 2008  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
kday
LymeNet Contributor
Member # 22234

Icon 1 posted      Profile for kday     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
My sister has morgellons. The CDC is supposedly investigating this condition, but it's very real. At first I did think my sister was crazy.

Dr. Stricker and Ginger Savely believe that 90% of people with morgellons have Lyme.

If you have really good eyes you can see red and blue fibers that come out of morgellons lesions, but they are best viewed with a microscope. They are very thin. About 10-40 microns wide, but the bright colors along with the length are what makes them macroscopic (if you have good enough eyes).

I will stop talking so i don't look look crazy.

Posts: 967 | From A deserted island without internet access | Registered: Sep 2009  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
BoxerMom
Frequent Contributor (1K+ posts)
Member # 25251

Icon 1 posted      Profile for BoxerMom     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Morgellons is an agrabacterium (soil bacteria). When the colonies are large enough, you can see them with the naked eye. They look like fibers. They respond to the anti-helminth medications (dewormers).

They consume starch. My Lyme doc described a patient who was wrapping presents with tissue paper, and her lesions munched on the paper. Another woman held sweet potatoes in her hands, and the fibers stretched toward the potatoes!

This is not as rare as it seems. It's poorly understood, if at all, outside of Lyme. Does your Lyme doc know how to test for Morgellons and other parasites?

--------------------
 - Must...find...BRAIN!!!

Posts: 2867 | From Pacific NW | Registered: Apr 2010  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Pinelady
Member # 18524

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Pinelady     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Try rubbing lemons on your skin.

As well as pure virgin coconut oil,organic.

Your load will go down with treatment for Lyme or any chronic illness.

The prelim. genetics described it as some type of fungus.

The Morgellons conference a couple of weeks ago was supposed to have more info-but I have not heard and web site has not posted as yet.

You can do a google of {Morgellons Conference) and find latest info.

--------------------
Suspected Lyme 07 Test neg One band migrating in IgG region
unable to identify.Igenex Jan.09IFA titer 1:40 IND
IgM neg pos
31 +++ 34 IND 39 IND 41 IND 83-93 +
DX:Neuroborreliosis

Posts: 5850 | From Kentucky | Registered: Dec 2008  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
glm1111
Member # 16556

Icon 1 posted      Profile for glm1111     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
They respond to dewormers because they ARE worms!! Morgellons is just a name given to people with this co-infection, probably of filarial worms which can resemble fibers.

Most people with so-called Morgellons have been dx with lyme disease. Willy Burgdorfer found these Filarial Worms in the ticks he dissected. I don't understand why this is being presented as such a mystery.

Gael

--------------------
PARASITES/WORMS ARE NOW
RECOGNIZED AS THE NUMBER 1 CO-INFECTION IN LYME DISEASE BY ILADS*

Posts: 6418 | From philadelphia pa | Registered: Jul 2008  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
ladyjenie
LymeNet Contributor
Member # 21098

Icon 1 posted      Profile for ladyjenie     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Thanks for all your responses. The lesions on my legs have become infected and turned in to cellulitis. My PCP put me on DOXY twice a day for a week in hopes it will help the swelling, fluid, and pain.

I had taken a month of IM Clafaron when this came about + probotics, Welchol, and liquid Zeolite.

Is it possible the detox could have caused the parasites to come out like this? It worries me that if I finally get it cleared up it will hit again.

The Morgellon's website was right on with its' description of the sores. Some of the sores are grainy. Are the grains baby critters?

Also, many have a black thorn-like piece in it and others have brown specks that pop if you mash them. Sorry to make this so descriptive but it's a condition that I feel that even if the doctor knows what you have they will not diagnose it as Morgellon's so we'll have to do our own research.

Mine are so bad I will have to wear long sleeves, gloves, and long pants all summer.

Keep me in your prayers. I'm going through a rough time as I have it in my head that these things are alive and my hubby and 2 daughters think I'm scratching from the stress of being ill and has nothing to do with critters.

Blessings,
Lady

The doctor didn't help any, he said it is probably nerve endings and added more Neurontin and Klonopin.

Posts: 245 | From Texas | Registered: Jul 2009  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
elizzza811
LymeNet Contributor
Member # 24713

Icon 1 posted      Profile for elizzza811     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Might want to read this article...

Mystery in the Skin:
http://www.feb.se/ARTICLES/OlleJ.html

Posts: 495 | From USA | Registered: Mar 2010  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
lauirel
LymeNet Contributor
Member # 16640

Icon 1 posted      Profile for lauirel     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
BoxerMom,

Morgellons samples have not proven to contain agrobacterium, although some patients tested, tested positive for agrobacterium.

This occurence can be explained by the genetically modified organisms found in our food supply. If agrobacterium was the cause of Morgellons, all of us would have it or develop it.

Agrobacterium is a theory only.

About dewormers. The reason it is found helpful in Morgellons sufferers is that it limits the P450 system and there for suppresses cytokienes. Of which, some sufferers of Lyme have also noticed the same effects. A response similar to those of Morgellons.

Currently, there is no test for Morgellons, as the cause has not been identified.

Pinelady,

Yes, they are finding fungus is part of it. Also worth noting, is that systemic pathogenic candida is also being found, again quite similar to those suffering Lyme.

glm1111,

Believe it or not, they are not identifying filarial worms at this time.

I explained the effect of dewormers above.

ladyjenie,

Quote, "Is it possible the detox could have caused the parasites to come out like this? It worries me that if I finally get it cleared up it will hit again."

I would believe more so that not enough detox has occured and is there fore being taken care of by excretion through the skin.

You are in my prayers.

elizzza811,

The link and the theory you have presented are complete dis-information and I caution you to not believe everything you read about Morgellons. Additionally, if every lyme sufferer is also at risk for computer related dermopathy, because we do a lot of work at the computer don't we?, then more Lyme sufferers would then have Morgellons wouldn't they?

LaurieL

--------------------
�Never doubt that a small group of thoughtful committed citizens can change the world; indeed, it�s the only thing that ever has.�

Posts: 149 | From Kansas/Missouri | Registered: Aug 2008  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
WildCondor
Unregistered

Icon 1 posted            Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
FInd a skin doctor who will biopsy this for you and tell you what is it. The rest is speculation.
IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
ladyjenie
LymeNet Contributor
Member # 21098

WildCondor, I had a biopsy and it was NEG.

I would be in agreement with the 'crazy' diagnoses I keep getting if it weren't for all the little black thorn-like things I'm pulling from the sores. What is it and where are they coming from?

This has afflicted my entire body and my face alone has over 50 lesions. Makeup does not cover them so I stay home and my hubby does the shopping, etc.

I took some of the samples to my local dermo and he got agitated. He wouldn't even look at them nor would he examine my skin. He told me nothing was wrong with me, I just need to go home and put Vaseline all over my body. DX was psycho-dermatitis.

This week I'm going to a doc that was at the Dallas Fibro & Fatigue clinic. My husband felt like he would be more familiar with Morgellon's. I went to their clinic when it first opened in DAL years ago and they do very thorough testing. Another pay-as-you-go doctor, though.

Lauirel and BoxerMom, my lyme doc mentioned the agrobacterium and said my condition could be associated to it. He said there's a doc in Oklahoma doing research on Morgellon's.

I just wish we didn't have so many ailments at once. I get overwhelmed and just go to bed to try to escape some of this hell.

My prayers go out to all those suffering with the pain and other issues. Stay strong (when you can).

Lady

BoxerMom
Member # 25251

Icon 1 posted      Profile for BoxerMom     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
LadyJenie - I feel terrible for you. We have a Lyme/Morgellons patient in my support group. If it's any help, she travels to CA to see DNP G.S. I can PM you G.S.'s contact info. Might be worth a phone call. I'll ask the woman from my support group if she's on LymeNet, or if I can PM you her email.

She's been treating for 2 years and is seeing improvement, but still has lesions. Like you, she comments that she hates to leave the house, and feels like everyone can see the fibers sticking out of her lesions.

My Lyme doc is the one who said it was an agrobacterium. I don't know how helpful that is. But at least the Lyme community has something to offer outside of "you're crazy."

It sounds like your lesions are bad. Please find help soon, even if you travel out of state for it. Don't put up with these condescending doctors. And don't bother with the ones who don't have anything to offer.

I want to know more about what you are doing for Lyme. I'll PM you.

Hugs and wags,
BoxerMom

--------------------
 - Must...find...BRAIN!!!

Posts: 2867 | From Pacific NW | Registered: Apr 2010  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
karenl
Member # 17753

Icon 1 posted      Profile for karenl     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I had open legs for one year and they healed after four weeks on minocycline - only 40 mg a day.Did not tolerate more. I think it probably was cpn (cpnhelp.org). Also my energy is better.
Posts: 1834 | From US | Registered: Oct 2008  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
BoxerMom
Member # 25251

LadyJenie - Are you still here? I PMed you. The Lyme/Morgellons patient in my support group wants to email with you. She is a sweetheart! She may have good suggestions. At the very least, she will offer plenty of support and empathy.

BoxerMom

--------------------
 - Must...find...BRAIN!!!

Quick Reply
HTML is not enabled.
UBB Code� is enabled.

Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | LymeNet home page | Privacy Statement