LymeNet Home LymeNet Home Page LymeNet Flash Discussion LymeNet Support Group Database LymeNet Literature Library LymeNet Legal Resources LymeNet Medical & Scientific Abstract Database LymeNet Newsletter Home Page LymeNet Recommended Books LymeNet Tick Pictures Search The LymeNet Site LymeNet Links LymeNet Frequently Asked Questions About The Lyme Disease Network LymeNet Menu

LymeNet on Facebook

LymeNet on Twitter

The Lyme Disease Network receives a commission from Amazon.com for each purchase originating from this site.

When purchasing from Amazon.com, please
click here first.

Thank you.

LymeNet Flash Discussion
Dedicated to the Bachmann Family

LymeNet needs your help:
LymeNet 2020 fund drive

The Lyme Disease Network is a non-profit organization funded by individual donations.

LymeNet Flash Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply
my profile | directory login | register | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» LymeNet Flash » Questions and Discussion » Medical Questions » Ondamed or Rife?

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: Ondamed or Rife?
bubbalyme
LymeNet Contributor
Member # 11652

Icon 1 posted      Profile for bubbalyme     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Hi All,

Does anyone know the difference between Ondamed and Rife? Which one is better? What's the cost? Are they used for different things?

Thanks,
Bubbalyme

Posts: 128 | From Raleigh, NC | Registered: Apr 2007  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Lymetoo
Member # 743

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Lymetoo     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
WAY different. I don't know that much about Ondamed but enough to know it's not anything like Rife.

Google Ondamed. (I think it's expensive.. most people use one from a chiro or naturopathic dr)

There are many Rife threads here.

(my Rife machine cost around $450 and it's great)

--------------------
--Lymetutu--
Opinions, not medical advice!

Posts: 96222 | From Texas | Registered: Feb 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
karenl
Frequent Contributor (1K+ posts)
Member # 17753

Icon 1 posted      Profile for karenl     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I think the ondamed is not killing things off.
It is more about balance and well being. My doc does recommend it but I never tried.

Posts: 1834 | From US | Registered: Oct 2008  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Rumigirl
Member # 15091

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Rumigirl     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Ondamed is PMF machine, Pulsed Magnetic Frequency device. It's FDA approved as a biofeedback machine for pain, etc. It's helpful for many conditions and symptoms, especially neurological conditions, pain, sleep problems---many things.

It also does have a module that works on different microoganisms, that is, pathogens, like Borrelia, Bartonella, etc.

However, it's a different method than rife machines. Rife machines work by many different methods, also.

(I'm an Ondamed practitioner, and also have quite a few different rife machines). They each have their place. Ondamed machines a majorly expensive, however! That's why people often go to a practitioner for treatments.

Posts: 3771 | From around | Registered: Mar 2008  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
bubbalyme
LymeNet Contributor
Member # 11652

Icon 1 posted      Profile for bubbalyme     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Hi Rumigirl,

What are the differences between your rife machines? Do they also use Electromagnetic waves?

Posts: 128 | From Raleigh, NC | Registered: Apr 2007  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
bubbalyme
LymeNet Contributor
Member # 11652

recommend model and manufacturer of rife. And how do i find an ondamed practitioner
dmc
Member # 5102

Icon 1 posted      Profile for dmc     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Bubba,

try http://www.getondamed.com/ to find a practioner

Posts: 2675 | From ct, usa | Registered: Jan 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Lymetoo
Member # 743

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Lymetoo     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Get a copy of Bryan's book... Lyme and Rife Machines if you are going to rife.

www.lymebook.com

--------------------
--Lymetutu--

Posts: 96222 | From Texas | Registered: Feb 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Keebler
Honored Contributor (25K+ posts)
Member # 12673

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Keebler     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
-
RIFE. Clearly. Rosner's Rife book is a gold mine of information and not just about rife - much about lyme even for those who don't use rife.

As Karen states: "the ondamed is not killing things off"

The Biofeedback approach is excellent adjunct therapy but it's not going to directly affect the spirochetes in the manner of a rife machine.

Before just going an buying any ole rife, it's best to get Rosner's book and read. He also had YouTube videos.
-

Posts: 48021 | From Tree House | Registered: Jul 2007  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Rumigirl
Member # 15091

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Rumigirl     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Keebler and everyone,

Actually, the Ondamed does kill pathogens, too. We don't talk about it a lot for legal reasons. But one of the programs we use it for that purpose very specifically (different frequencies for different pathogens).

It is FDA approved as a biofeedback machine, but it is not a biofeedback machine in the usual sense at all. Only in that we determine what frequencies your body is responding to by your pulse response.

Rosner's book has good info on rife machines and other alternative methods for Lyme. BUT, you have to take his rabid anti-abx stance with a grain of salt. In the end, he had to use abx himself in the Marshall Protocol to get rid of his own Lyme.

And quite a bit of what he says is his opinion only. There is no proof of what he thinks. Some of it may be true, and some of it not.

And he has never been a practitioner, only a person with Lyme and a journalist.

Also, it usually takes MANY tools or abx or remedies to get rid of TBD's, as we know. No one thing is sufficient by itself.

Posts: 3771 | From around | Registered: Mar 2008  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
aMomWithHope
LymeNet Contributor
Member # 19255

Icon 1 posted      Profile for aMomWithHope     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
So, can you explain more in detail how or what the Ondamed does? For example, what a typical office visit would be like and how treatment would work? Is this an ongoing therapy, etc.?

I'll give you the example of my child who has had an ongoing headache (unrelieved) for close to 2 years, plus muscle pains especially in her calves.

How would an Ondamed practitioner most likely go about treating her?

Also, is this a treatment that can be used along with current abx treatment?

Thanks!

Posts: 648 | From northeast | Registered: Feb 2009  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
SickSci
LymeNet Contributor
Member # 43849

Icon 1 posted      Profile for SickSci     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I'm feeling kinda of stalled with my LLMD, impatient to return to full work/full function, and really sensitive cost-benefit of trying new treatments.

I am hoping to try an Ondamed session ($150 then $85/session) and use the findings to target some rifing on a friend's rife machine (free).

How does one translate Ondamed findings to a GB4000 rife machine?

Does it concern anyone else that rife machines are never calibrated? Are Ondamed machines calibrated?

--------------------
-------------
- Working Dx: Protozoa x3, Bartonella
- Tx: Biaxin, Mycobutin, Ivermectin, boluoke, serapeptase, allimed, silver ACS 200 spray, Mg, Iodoral, fish oil, Vit's B, C, D, NAC, etc

Posts: 121 | From Nc | Registered: May 2014  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Lymetoo
Member # 743

Rife machines have nothing to do with calibration.

No need for Ondamed if you are doing rife. Just pick some frequencies and see how you respond.

I keep a notebook and write down the frequencies and how many minutes for each session. I also list reactions if I have any.

Go SLOWLY!

--------------------
--Lymetutu--

SickSci
LymeNet Contributor
Member # 43849

Icon 1 posted      Profile for SickSci     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Lymetoo, I've rarely if ever had immediate reactions to rife frequencies, making this an inefficient process of "3 frequencies per week" type of progress.

The diagnostic usefulness of Ondamed is to scan many more frequencies and get real-time biofeedback in a short session. You can then take the reactive frequencies back to your rife machine and do the killing in your own time.

I know no one ever discusses the need for standardization or calibration, but any machine purportedly putting out a standard frequency could use maintenance, just like a piano or a car needing to be tuned. Or a scale being tared. Or any other medical diagnostic equipment has a rigorous calibration schedule.

I'm skeptical but going to give it a shot after hearing a lot of success stories.

--------------------
-------------
- Tx: Biaxin, Mycobutin, Ivermectin, boluoke, serapeptase, allimed, silver ACS 200 spray, Mg, Iodoral, fish oil, Vit's B, C, D, NAC, etc

Posts: 121 | From Nc | Registered: May 2014  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
MattH
LymeNet Contributor
Member # 30846

Icon 1 posted      Profile for MattH     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Bubbalyme,

I get an hour Ondamed session 3 times a month. I have been doing that since November. It works really well for painful areas and my practitioner finds areas of concern without me telling her the exact area. The biofeedback capability is very impressive.

After each session I am lethargic for about 30 to 40 minutes and then feel a real boost of energy. My head clears and I feel much improved for maybe 24 to 36 hours.

I called the Ondamed people and asked several questions. The person that I spoke with was recovering from Lyme and he was much improved, we had a good discussion about what he was doing and what he had tried previously. After that discussion I made the local appointment. The Ondamed practitioner lives about an hour away so about 3 times a month is the best I can do. She has recovered from Lyme, Bart and Bab to about 95% and also has a GB 4000 that she uses while she is sleeping.

The price tag a year ago was around $27,000. It does look like the operator needs to be well skilled to get the most out of the session. Because of the biofeedback capability, she runs a program based on what my body is telling her, not just the same settings from the session before.

I use a Doug Coil daily at home for Lyme and Bart and herx the next day after my sessions. I have just added a Spooky 2 rife machine, however I do not have enough experience yet to know if it is effective.

I think the Ondamed is a good supportive treatment and is very good at reducing internal inflammation. Think of CCVSI in the back of the neck area. When she treats that area with the Ondamed that creaky neck issue is gone for a couple of days. Overall that stiffness has improved.

Not sure what is helping the most but my CD 57 has risen from 58 to 90 in the last 3 years.

All the Best, MattH

Posts: 607 | From Houston Texas | Registered: Mar 2011  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
SickSci
LymeNet Contributor
Member # 43849

MattH -
I'll be interested to hear how you find Spooky2.

I just can't get on board with the fingernail clipping / remote / quantum entanglement thing. It's just a hair too Star Trek for me... smells like 1-800-PET-PSYCic to me...

--------------------
-------------

MattH
LymeNet Contributor
Member # 30846

Icon 1 posted      Profile for MattH     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
SickSci,

It sound great to be able to leave a finger nail at home, go to work and continue your treatment. I have not tried the remote treatment yet either.

I did discuss the remote treatment with a friend from Chicago that has used if for about 3 years. He goes in and gets tune ups and then explained the remote treatments after the in office treatment. I am sure I heard what he said but just could not find it credible enough to remember the details or the type of machine. Who knows 5 years from now I might find it really works but so far I have not tried it.

All the Best, MattH

Posts: 607 | From Houston Texas | Registered: Mar 2011  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
D Bergy
Member # 9984

Icon 1 posted      Profile for D Bergy     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Most Rife machines are digitally controlled so calibration is not really needed. It either works or it breaks.

The ones that use vacuum tubes and not digitally controlled are calibrated with a frequency meter when you use them.

It is like a radio. It needs no calibration other than tuning it in. The circuitry is not very complicated.

Dan

Posts: 2919 | From Minnesota | Registered: Aug 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
SickSci
LymeNet Contributor
Member # 43849

Thx guys.

FWIW, I just found a whole page discussing calibration for Spooky2, but only really for the wacky remote option. (not plasma or contact).

http://www.spooky2.com/generators/calibrate/index.html

I'm new to rife, but it makes sense that order to extrapolate frequencies from one machine (ie ondamed) to another (ie GB4000), there has to be some sort of standardization, ya?

I can understand if a user sticks with the same machine, then whatever frequency works, works, and they can keep using it within +/- ~5mhz with the similar physiologic results over time.

I dunno. I never thought I would be trying some of this stuff a year ago. It's al very hard to believe but also very humbling, mysterious when you get undeniable responses.

--------------------
-------------

jb151
Member # 43170

Icon 1 posted      Profile for jb151         Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
SickSci,

I am using the Spooky2 rife stuff.

The link you posted above is for the older generators, the new xm generators do not need calibration. You run the entire system from the main software program on your PC.

With the xm generators you can run frequencies up to 25MHz without losing the accuracy of the waveform. You can run freq a lot higher than 25MHz but the quality of the waveform will suffer.

The spooky2 stuff is pretty interesting on what it is capable of doing. For example, i am mainly using the DNA freq from Char.

I Convert these up to their highest octave that does not exceed 25MHz, and then i use some settings on the software to modulate the freq so they output the 4 highest octaves not exceeding 25MHz and they all get transmitted at the same exact time.

There is a lot of other stuff you can do like program any type of custom sweep that you want etc etc.

Using settings on the software you can turn it into a Hulda Clark Zapper in contact mode.

You can attach the alligator clips to a foot bath and transmit the freq that way as well.

Also, if an Ondamed session gives you specific freq you could take those freq and program a custom program and run them the way you want to.

As far as converting freq from one machine to another just has to do with what each machine is capable of doing. For example, if a person is using freq on a certain machine that are in the 1-5MHz range, and they want to use those same freq on a different machine that only can transmit up to 1MHz.

They would need to use a lower octave of the higher freq so it falls into the range of what their machine is capable of using.

Future additions of Spooky2 are going to include a PEMF capability, a few other things and eventually a possible Radionics unit.

You can join the forum and take a look around at all the posts.

http://www.spooky2.com/forumGate/index.html

[ 07-27-2014, 07:30 PM: Message edited by: jb151 ]

Posts: 83 | From East coast | Registered: Jan 2014  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
SickSci
LymeNet Contributor
Member # 43849

thx jb.
Do you think it is helping your health?

--------------------
-------------

jb151
Member # 43170

Icon 1 posted      Profile for jb151         Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Not sure yet, i think it is though.

I have only been using it for a few months, and i am also doing a herbal protocol.

I am only treating 1 thing at a time, and i have not even started treating Lyme yet. So it will probably be a 3 or so more months before i have a better idea.

If things drastically get better i really will not know if it was from the herbs, Rife or a combination of both.

Posts: 83 | From East coast | Registered: Jan 2014  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator

Quick Reply
HTML is not enabled.
UBB Code� is enabled.

Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | LymeNet home page | Privacy Statement