LymeNet Home LymeNet Home Page LymeNet Flash Discussion LymeNet Support Group Database LymeNet Literature Library LymeNet Legal Resources LymeNet Medical & Scientific Abstract Database LymeNet Newsletter Home Page LymeNet Recommended Books LymeNet Tick Pictures Search The LymeNet Site LymeNet Links LymeNet Frequently Asked Questions About The Lyme Disease Network LymeNet Menu

LymeNet on Facebook

LymeNet on Twitter

The Lyme Disease Network receives a commission from Amazon.com for each purchase originating from this site.

When purchasing from Amazon.com, please
click here first.

Thank you.

LymeNet Flash Discussion
Dedicated to the Bachmann Family

LymeNet needs your help:
LymeNet 2020 fund drive

The Lyme Disease Network is a non-profit organization funded by individual donations.

LymeNet Flash Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply
my profile | directory login | register | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» LymeNet Flash » Questions and Discussion » Medical Questions » 'light bulb' blew out on my rife machine...

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: 'light bulb' blew out on my rife machine...
elizzza811
LymeNet Contributor
Member # 24713

Icon 1 posted      Profile for elizzza811     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
A man in NY made the machine for me, but I no longer have his information and the light blew out.

Does anybody know what the light bulb is called so that I could order one and try to fix it myself? The fan still operates; just the light doesn't turn on anymore. If so, let me know. Thanks!

Posts: 495 | From USA | Registered: Mar 2010  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
map1131
Frequent Contributor (5K+ posts)
Member # 2022

Icon 1 posted      Profile for map1131     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
You need to give rife users more information on your machine. Name? Can you find any identifying marks on the bulb or did it all crumble?

Do you have a folder of notes you've kept on lyme? Maybe you wrote something down and it's in your notes.

I have notes back to 10 yrs ago. Sometime when I go through these notes, it amazes me what I had written years ago.

Did your machine come with any type paperwork? Surely you kept the write-ups? Don't panic and try to remember where you might of stored some info?

Pam

--------------------
"Never, never, never, never, never give up" Winston Churchill

Posts: 6478 | From Louisville, Ky | Registered: Jan 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
maureen2174
LymeNet Contributor
Member # 11471

Icon 1 posted      Profile for maureen2174     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
is it a DT EMEM machine?
Posts: 871 | From NJ | Registered: Mar 2007  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
elizzza811
LymeNet Contributor
Member # 24713

Icon 1 posted      Profile for elizzza811     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I didn't buy the machine from a store...it's a homemade machine, made by a man in NY whose wife had Lyme. I think he may have had Lyme, too.

The bulb didn't break, it blew out...like a light bulb does. When I turn it on now, I can hear the fan as if it is running, but there's no light. Is there a place to buy these bulbs?

Thanks for your help.

Posts: 495 | From USA | Registered: Mar 2010  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Keebler
Honored Contributor (25K+ posts)
Member # 12673

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Keebler     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
-
I will send you his phone number. You can buy a new bulb and he will know how. They are not cheap, however. They are supposed to last a very long time. You might ask him about what might have gone wrong with that.

It will take me a few minutes to locate his number buy you should have a PM soon.
-
PM SENT at 4:10 pm - just after 7 in his time zone, a perfect time to call if you get this in the next hour or so.
-

Posts: 48021 | From Tree House | Registered: Jul 2007  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Keebler
Member # 12673

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Keebler     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
-
I had a couple of questions for him myself and just called -- I also asked about your bulb.

He said you are most welcome to call but that the light bulb cannot burn out "There is nothing in the bulb to burn out"

What he wonders is if, maybe, some of the numbers are in the wrong place - or that the key pad is faulty or the wires kinked up.

Check all your wires and controls again - and if it still is not lighting up, call him. If he can't help you figure it out by phone, you can send it to him for repair.

I'm writing this for others, too, who may have this happen in the future. He had someone a few weeks ago with this problem and the number keys had gotten stuck in between digits or something like that.
-

Posts: 48021 | From Tree House | Registered: Jul 2007  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
D Bergy
Frequent Contributor (1K+ posts)
Member # 9984

Icon 1 posted      Profile for D Bergy     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
The bulb or tube as it is more commonly called is filled with Helium. If the Helium has leaked out, it may not function, but that would be highly unusual.

It probably is something else.

Dan

Posts: 2919 | From Minnesota | Registered: Aug 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Lymetoo
Member # 743

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Lymetoo     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Plasma bulb... DT EMEM

Have you been running it only 30 min at a time with a 30 min rest in between? They can easily overheat...though I haven't had any problems in the 4+ yrs I've had mine.

Keeb... it can't burn out?? [woohoo] I thought it could.

--------------------
--Lymetutu--
Opinions, not medical advice!

Posts: 96222 | From Texas | Registered: Feb 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
elizzza811
LymeNet Contributor
Member # 24713

I feel stupid...I forgot to turn the switch on to the little box where you select the frquencies. It works now! Thanks for your help though...I was bumming!
bugabooboo
LymeNet Contributor
Member # 7383

Icon 1 posted      Profile for bugabooboo     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
"Rifing" for 5 yrs. using this machine..... I've done stuff like this myself!

Bug

--------------------
Every experience God gives us, every person He puts in our lives, is the perfect preparation for a future only He can see....Corrie Ten Boom

Posts: 343 | From Northcentral Iowa | Registered: May 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Keebler
Member # 12673

-
Elizzza: Glad to hear the mystery is solved.

TuTu, you inquired: "it can't burn out??" Other rife models may (or may not, as I've not studied others) but - for this EMEM - Correct. It cannot burn out as there in nothing in there to burn out. The light is a reaction unlike that of a light bulb (and I'll just stop there).

This is what the builder of this machine told me yesterday. I looked back over my early notes for my EMEM5a and it was right there, too.
-

Quick Reply
HTML is not enabled.
UBB Code� is enabled.

Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | LymeNet home page | Privacy Statement