LymeNet Home LymeNet Home Page LymeNet Flash Discussion LymeNet Support Group Database LymeNet Literature Library LymeNet Legal Resources LymeNet Medical & Scientific Abstract Database LymeNet Newsletter Home Page LymeNet Recommended Books LymeNet Tick Pictures Search The LymeNet Site LymeNet Links LymeNet Frequently Asked Questions About The Lyme Disease Network LymeNet Menu

LymeNet on Facebook

LymeNet on Twitter

The Lyme Disease Network receives a commission from Amazon.com for each purchase originating from this site.

When purchasing from Amazon.com, please
click here first.

Thank you.

LymeNet Flash Discussion
Dedicated to the Bachmann Family

LymeNet needs your help:
LymeNet 2020 fund drive

The Lyme Disease Network is a non-profit organization funded by individual donations.

LymeNet Flash
Topic Closed  Topic Closed
my profile | directory login | register | search | faq | forum home

This topic has been moved to General Support.     next oldest topic   next newest topic
» LymeNet Flash » Questions and Discussion » Medical Questions » Tests that might be better than Mammogram for Breat Cancer

Author Topic: Tests that might be better than Mammogram for Breat Cancer
springshowers
Frequent Contributor (1K+ posts)
Member # 19863

Icon 1 posted      Profile for springshowers     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Yeah this is off topic but a doctor recently told me that he sees a ton of his lyme patients end up with breast cancer and a ton of new lyme patients who have said they had or have breast cancer.

It is in my family and I have been getting mammograms but do not want to anymore.

Does anyone have ideas about other options
such as Thermography or Ultrasound or MRIs etc??

Posts: 2747 | From Unites States Of America | Registered: Apr 2009  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
sutherngrl
Member # 16270

Icon 1 posted      Profile for sutherngrl     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
CT scan!
Posts: 4035 | From Mississippi | Registered: Jul 2008  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
sutherngrl
Member # 16270

Icon 1 posted      Profile for sutherngrl     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
But that is tons of radiation!
Posts: 4035 | From Mississippi | Registered: Jul 2008  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
IckyTicky
Member # 21466

Icon 1 posted      Profile for IckyTicky     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Nope... get a thermogram done. It finds cancer WAY WAY earlier than mammogram does. It is non-invasive, lots cheaper, (I had one done for $150 bucks) and NO RISKS. No radiation.

--------------------
IGM: 18+, 23+, 30+, 31+++, 34+, 39IND, 41++, 58+++, 66+, 83-93IND
IGG: 31+, 39IND, 41+
Also positive for Mycoplasma Pneumoniae and RMSF.
Whole family of 5 dx with Lyme.

Posts: 1014 | From Texas | Registered: Jul 2009  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
IckyTicky
Member # 21466

Icon 1 posted      Profile for IckyTicky     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
look up Thermography and where to have it done near you. Absolutely worth it [Smile]

--------------------
IGM: 18+, 23+, 30+, 31+++, 34+, 39IND, 41++, 58+++, 66+, 83-93IND
IGG: 31+, 39IND, 41+
Also positive for Mycoplasma Pneumoniae and RMSF.
Whole family of 5 dx with Lyme.

Posts: 1014 | From Texas | Registered: Jul 2009  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
MorningSong
LymeNet Contributor
Member # 19989

Icon 1 posted      Profile for MorningSong     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
I have had a lump in my breast that doctors believe is non-cancerous (due to its shape)that was found on a Mammogram and Ultrasound.

Recently started seeing a new LLMD and he is starting me on a type of Vitamin E called Tocotrienols which have been found to be effective against breast cancer (many articles).

http://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/9625593

Not sure if he started me on this for the breast lump or to get down inflammation. I used to take the Vitamin E called Tocopherols, but according to different websites only the Tocotrienols inhibit breast cancer cells.

Just ordered the Unique E Tocotrienols today, but they are made with bovine capsule. For further information:

http://acgrace.com/tocotrienols.html

I'm sure there are other quality brands that I may not know about or you may purchase from health food store.

Vitamin D also helps protect against Breast Cancer:

http://www.sciencedaily.com/releases/2009/10/091009090431.htm

Tips for Breast Health:

http://www.drchristinehorner.com/25tips.html

Hope this helps.

Posts: 515 | From In His Loving Care | Registered: Apr 2009  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
sickpuppy
LymeNet Contributor
Member # 23846

Icon 1 posted      Profile for sickpuppy     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
I hadn't heard about the correlation between lyme and breast cancer, even though I'd suspected as much. A year ago I was getting poked and prodded for lumps and calcifications and then finally had surgery.

I do not have breast cancer--yet--but I'm now classified as high-risk. Thing is no one in my family has any breast problems let alone cancer! And I'm the only one with lyme.

So thank you for posting this because I'd heard there was a better way than mammos, sonos, and MRIs. As if it weren't enough to have lyme & co. I'd like to avoid more biopsies!

[Smile] [Smile] [Smile]

Posts: 702 | From North Eastern USA | Registered: Dec 2009  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
karenl
Member # 17753

Icon 1 posted      Profile for karenl     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Springshowers,

avoid any radiation.
The thermagram is very good and you also can do an ultrasound.

There is a new 3D ultrasound on the market for breast imaging, but I did not find a doctor with this expensive machine.

Posts: 1834 | From US | Registered: Oct 2008  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
sixgoofykids
Member # 11141

Icon 1 posted      Profile for sixgoofykids   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Moved to general support, there is a link at the upper left side of the thread if you are in Medical

--------------------
sixgoofykids.blogspot.com

Posts: 13449 | From Ohio | Registered: Feb 2007  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator

Open Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | LymeNet home page | Privacy Statement