LymeNet Home LymeNet Home Page LymeNet Flash Discussion LymeNet Support Group Database LymeNet Literature Library LymeNet Legal Resources LymeNet Medical & Scientific Abstract Database LymeNet Newsletter Home Page LymeNet Recommended Books LymeNet Tick Pictures Search The LymeNet Site LymeNet Links LymeNet Frequently Asked Questions About The Lyme Disease Network LymeNet Menu

LymeNet on Facebook

LymeNet on Twitter

The Lyme Disease Network receives a commission from Amazon.com for each purchase originating from this site.

When purchasing from Amazon.com, please
click here first.

Thank you.

LymeNet Flash Discussion
Dedicated to the Bachmann Family

LymeNet needs your help:
LymeNet 2020 fund drive

The Lyme Disease Network is a non-profit organization funded by individual donations.

LymeNet Flash Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply
my profile | directory login | register | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» LymeNet Flash » Questions and Discussion » Medical Questions » 27th Consecutive Dose of IV Rocephin and I feel so sick. Does this mean it's working?

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: 27th Consecutive Dose of IV Rocephin and I feel so sick. Does this mean it's working?
lymetwister
Frequent Contributor (1K+ posts)
Member # 19590

Icon 5 posted      Profile for lymetwister     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I really need some insight here folks. I know they say you have to feel worse before you get better, but how do you know if your not just getting worse ?

I'm 27 days into the IV Rocephin at 2gm per day. I also have been doing 1 liter of Normal Saline to help flush toxins every other day.

I had 2 days last week where I didn't feel so sick and I was able to get out of the house. I was hitting tennis balls for only 15 min. and only had to stop b/c I was getting out of breath.

2 nights later, I was out to dinner w my family in a noisy restaurant and then walked around for 30 min. after dinner with no problem.

That was 5 days ago. The last 3 days, I have felt a huge decline where I have felt sicker than I've ever felt perhaps. It's that Malaise feeling, but with me I feel alot of neuro stuff in the head from weird sensations, rocking on a boat, to severe pain inside the head.

To make things worse, I have been having crazy crying spells with real bad anxiety. I would bet my life that the crying is a Symptom and not out of depression. I know the difference !

I will make an appt. with LLMD to sort this out, but in the mean time I feel like I have to keep pushing through with the Abx. I am doing the same detox I've always done, so I don't think this is the issue.

The way I see it, either the Lyme is getting worse or the IV Rocephin is working great, killing this stuff, and I'm full of toxins.

So, how do I know ? How does my LLMD know ? My only thought is to stop the Rocephin for a few days and see if I clear up. Then I know it was toxins. On the other hand, does it matter ? Don't I need to keep pushing through all of this ?

Sorry so long, just confused as to what H*ll is going on with me.

Thx in advance,

Gary

Posts: 1227 | From District of Columbia | Registered: Mar 2009  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
gatorade girl
LymeNet Contributor
Member # 24896

Icon 1 posted      Profile for gatorade girl   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Gary .....not sure if you remember me telling you , but it took a good 30 days to even start to feel the benefit of rocephin. Did you start the other medications? How about the mepron?when do you go back to see the llmd? Hang in there!!!! I can't find your number. Call me tommorow .

--------------------
gatorade girl

"I still have Mt.Everest to climb, but I have traveled across the world and arrived at the mountain".

Posts: 633 | From baltimore | Registered: Mar 2010  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
radfaraf
LymeNet Contributor
Member # 11909

Icon 1 posted      Profile for radfaraf     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Talk to your doctor about taking a short break, mine was ok with me doing that on Rocephin.
Posts: 526 | From NJ | Registered: May 2007  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
MorningSong
LymeNet Contributor
Member # 19989

Icon 1 posted      Profile for MorningSong     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Gary, When I was on IV Rocephin I did not notice the difference until going off. Insurance only paid 28 days for me. I was glad I stayed on it even though there was not noticable improvement while on it. The best thing would be to talk to your doc.

That said, every person is different. Make sure you are getting liver and kidney function checked often. My doc checked every week, but other docs may do different.

Posts: 515 | From In His Loving Care | Registered: Apr 2009  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
sammy
Frequent Contributor (5K+ posts)
Member # 13952

Icon 1 posted      Profile for sammy     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I didn't notice anything right away when I started on Rocephin either. At the end of the first month I got hit with a very emotional herx and started crying all the time (lasted about a week).

I wondered if my life was worth treating for. I hate to have to spend money on myself. I'm a giver, not a taker. I felt like my money would have had so much a greater impact if I could use it to feed, educate, and provide for needy children.

It is still hard for me to believe that I am worthy of this great expense(all that is involved in Lyme treatment). But God keeps waking me up and giving me life each day so I have to live it for Him. I believe that he has a purpose for me. So, as long as He provides, I'm going to keep treating.

I look forward to being well again, to be able to go back to work, to start giving again (time, money, talent...).

Forgive me if this is probably more than you wanted to know about me. I just wanted to share with you the depth of what I feel when I experience this type of herx.

You are not alone [Smile]

Posts: 5237 | From here | Registered: Nov 2007  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
sutherngrl
Frequent Contributor (1K+ posts)
Member # 16270

Icon 1 posted      Profile for sutherngrl     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Don't forget that Lyme still flares even while you are treating!

And give yourself credit for the good days, or should I say "better" days. If you have a few of them, that in itself is improvement.

I use to feel better for 1 day and think okay this is the turning point, then I would feel crappy for weeks. Later I would feel better for maybe a couple of days during a week, then crappy again. That is lyme!

Eventually you start to feel better maybe 3 or 4 days out of the week and the flares still show up, but they very gradually become less severe. Thats where I'm at now, after 2 years of antibiotic treatment. I am just now starting to believe that I can get well!

You haven't stuck with antibiotics that long, if I remember right. So don't be too hard on yourself. If you had a good day or two, then you are moving in the right direction.

Lyme flares even during treatment!

Posts: 4035 | From Mississippi | Registered: Jul 2008  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator

Quick Reply
HTML is not enabled.
UBB Code� is enabled.

Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | LymeNet home page | Privacy Statement