LymeNet Home LymeNet Home Page LymeNet Flash Discussion LymeNet Support Group Database LymeNet Literature Library LymeNet Legal Resources LymeNet Medical & Scientific Abstract Database LymeNet Newsletter Home Page LymeNet Recommended Books LymeNet Tick Pictures Search The LymeNet Site LymeNet Links LymeNet Frequently Asked Questions About The Lyme Disease Network LymeNet Menu

LymeNet on Facebook

LymeNet on Twitter

The Lyme Disease Network receives a commission from Amazon.com for each purchase originating from this site.

When purchasing from Amazon.com, please
click here first.

Thank you.

LymeNet Flash Discussion
Dedicated to the Bachmann Family

LymeNet needs your help:
LymeNet 2020 fund drive

The Lyme Disease Network is a non-profit organization funded by individual donations.

LymeNet Flash Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply
my profile | directory login | register | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» LymeNet Flash » Questions and Discussion » Medical Questions » Marshall Protocol

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: Marshall Protocol
cuddles
Member # 13452

Icon 1 posted      Profile for cuddles     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Has anyone used the Marshall Protocol and has gotten better?
Posts: 48 | From USA | Registered: Oct 2007  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
lightparfait
Frequent Contributor (1K+ posts)
Member # 22022

Icon 1 posted      Profile for lightparfait     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I know people on it who have not gotten better...actually sicker. One died I believe as she put too much trust into this protocol for her.

From my observations, all the supplements and protocol ads too much body burden and the body has to re-regulate to accept all those products...into a false regulation. They need all those supplements now a life time to maintain their new semi productive life.

I would love to hear of someone who is supplement and drug free from dong the Marshall Protocol as well.

The goal should be to use a protocol for a limited amt. of time, with hopeful success...and the ability to get off and then detox so your body can balance naturally and live a very regular life by just eating nutritious foods, and not live on abx and supplements.

Posts: 1009 | From NJ | Registered: Aug 2009  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
sutherngrl
Member # 16270

Icon 1 posted      Profile for sutherngrl     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I wouldn't trust this protocol! Its not really based on any scientific studies. I think it was more of a science "essay" written by someone that cured himself of an autoimmune disorder.

He basically tells how he did it and then he gained some followers. I don't even think he is a medical doctor, just a PhD.

Posts: 4035 | From Mississippi | Registered: Jul 2008  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
lightparfait
Member # 22022

Icon 1 posted      Profile for lightparfait     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
He's only a PhD...you are correct.

It is actually dangerous...and limiting.

Posts: 1009 | From NJ | Registered: Aug 2009  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
ping
Member # 6974

Icon 4 posted      Profile for ping     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
cuddles, the only person that I , personally know of that claims any success with MP is a poster here called "TXLyme Mom". Her daughter did MP and says she's had lots of improvement. That said, I think TXLyme Mom would also be the first to say that her daughter had lots of abx before doing MP.

It is a very hard, very restrictive protocol, unlike anything else on this board at the moment and if you try this, you'd better have someone at your beck-and-call... You likely won't be seeing the sunlight for a good long time (perhaps literally).

I wouldn't recommend this protocol to anyone.

--------------------
ping
"We are more than containers for Lyme"

Posts: 1302 | From Back in TX again | Registered: Mar 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
elley0531
LymeNet Contributor
Member # 9434

Icon 1 posted      Profile for elley0531     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
It always seemed too restrictive to me, and to be honest I simply do not agree with his thoughts on Vitamin D especially. I totally understand that it is aactually a steroid hormone and not a vitamin-but coming from someone who has an autoimmune disease (me haha) and Lyme, Vit D has done nothing but help me.
Posts: 594 | From NJ/NY | Registered: Jun 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
ott70
LymeNet Contributor
Member # 18237

Icon 1 posted      Profile for ott70     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
There is a website, can't recall it off the top of my head, where there is a young gal, college graduate in microbiology or something like that, who used the MP and attests to how it works.

I think what I'm trying to say is someone with some decent training in the bacteria field vouches for the MP, so I'm not sure that it is all gobbedly-gook.

However, I agree with everyone else that it is aggressive and scary. When I was first plagued with my symptoms, I ran across the MP and did some research. If your idea of no vitamin D and hiding out in a dark closet is good way to try and find a cure, then perhaps the MP is for you.

Man, Lyme treatments can be intensive enough. The MP, for what I read of it, was extreme stuff.

bateriality.com is the website I was thinking of. I think there is some reasonable information to consider at this site about Lyme and other chronic infections.

Posts: 194 | From Colorado | Registered: Nov 2008  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Keebler
Honored Contributor (25K+ posts)
Member # 12673

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Keebler     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
-
Search: Townsend Letters for Doctors ; J P Waterprice - or J C Waterhouse - or something like that.

MP worked very well for her and she wrote a very good series of articles detailing her long process to recovery. However, she may not have had lyme. I'm not sure that was every even mentioned.

For others, MP has been a disaster. It's very complex and not for everyone at all.

Also search for the million past threads on this topic here at lyme net:

http://flash.lymenet.org/scripts/ultimatebb.cgi/ubb/search/search_forum/1

Search: "Marshall Protocol" and also "MP"

And check out their home site.
-

Posts: 48021 | From Tree House | Registered: Jul 2007  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator

Quick Reply
HTML is not enabled.
UBB Code� is enabled.

Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | LymeNet home page | Privacy Statement