LymeNet Home LymeNet Home Page LymeNet Flash Discussion LymeNet Support Group Database LymeNet Literature Library LymeNet Legal Resources LymeNet Medical & Scientific Abstract Database LymeNet Newsletter Home Page LymeNet Recommended Books LymeNet Tick Pictures Search The LymeNet Site LymeNet Links LymeNet Frequently Asked Questions About The Lyme Disease Network LymeNet Menu

LymeNet on Facebook

LymeNet on Twitter

The Lyme Disease Network receives a commission from Amazon.com for each purchase originating from this site.

When purchasing from Amazon.com, please
click here first.

Thank you.

LymeNet Flash Discussion
Dedicated to the Bachmann Family

LymeNet needs your help:
LymeNet 2020 fund drive

The Lyme Disease Network is a non-profit organization funded by individual donations.

LymeNet Flash Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply
my profile | directory login | register | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» LymeNet Flash » Questions and Discussion » Medical Questions » dermoid & endomatioma cyst lyme links

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: dermoid & endomatioma cyst lyme links
chopper
Member # 24841

Icon 1 posted      Profile for chopper     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Does anyone know if there is a link to the formation of dermoid and endomatioma type cysts and lyme disease? If so do they seem to disappear/shrink when on some type of antibiotic? I was recently diagnosed with an ovarian cyst by untrasound (about 4cm which stayed about the same over a 3 month period), and first the ob/gyn said it look like a endomatioma, then later after reviewing the doc said it may be dermoid type cyst as there is a somewhat hazy appearance on the untrasound. Surgery is recommended. I want to wait until after the summer for any surgery as I love the beach and swimming and have a cruise planned. I just wonder if it is linked to lyme as I also have some type benign lump on one breast and another benign lump that feels like some type cyst on the chest above the other breast. In addition to that I continue to experience bad spells of headaches and have left eyeball pain and sometimes slightly blurry vision that can fluctuate for which reading glasses were prescribed. I have only experienced these problems since contracting and being diagnosed with Lyme in 1996 and again in 2002. Strange thing is things seem to improve when on an abx, but what I think are bizarre sometimes new things return when off them. I don't want to automatically blame the ovarian cyst on Lyme, as I know they are very common in women in their 30's and 40's and may be totally unrelated to my exposure to Lyme, but I do wonder if there is a link in mine since the cyst isn't the typical functional cyst type. Anyone have any information on this topic?
Posts: 35 | From Reading, Pennsylvania | Registered: Mar 2010  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
sutherngrl
Frequent Contributor (1K+ posts)
Member # 16270

Icon 1 posted      Profile for sutherngrl     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
It was discovered that I have 3 liver cyst about 5 months after becoming ill with LD. I don't have any way of knowing if these are related to lyme or not though. They could have been there before I became ill.

Of course my first instinct is to want to think its the lyme, because once I became sick the area of my liver began to hurt.

It was during an echo cardiogram that the technician discovered the cyst in my liver. I then had them confirmed by CT scan. 8 months later I had another CT scan and they were still the same size. This was before starting lyme treatment.

I have not had another CT scan since doing lyme treatment; but I have less pain around the liver after 2 years of treatment.

I guess this is not much help, but wanted to respond with my own experience with cyst.

SG

Posts: 4035 | From Mississippi | Registered: Jul 2008  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator

Quick Reply
HTML is not enabled.
UBB Code� is enabled.

Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | LymeNet home page | Privacy Statement