LymeNet Home LymeNet Home Page LymeNet Flash Discussion LymeNet Support Group Database LymeNet Literature Library LymeNet Legal Resources LymeNet Medical & Scientific Abstract Database LymeNet Newsletter Home Page LymeNet Recommended Books LymeNet Tick Pictures Search The LymeNet Site LymeNet Links LymeNet Frequently Asked Questions About The Lyme Disease Network LymeNet Menu

LymeNet on Facebook

LymeNet on Twitter

The Lyme Disease Network receives a commission from Amazon.com for each purchase originating from this site.

When purchasing from Amazon.com, please
click here first.

Thank you.

LymeNet Flash Discussion
Dedicated to the Bachmann Family

LymeNet needs your help:
LymeNet 2020 fund drive

The Lyme Disease Network is a non-profit organization funded by individual donations.

LymeNet Flash Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply
my profile | directory login | register | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» LymeNet Flash » Questions and Discussion » Medical Questions » Babs symptoms again?

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: Babs symptoms again?
Melanie Reber
Frequent Contributor (5K+ posts)
Member # 3707

Icon 2 posted      Profile for Melanie Reber   Author's Homepage         Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Good evening all,

For the last week I have been experiencing some major nightmares, night sweats, unexplained fatigue and foot cramping... yet again.

I REALLY thought I had Babs under control, but these just happen to be my particular red flag symptoms for that particular co-infection.

Has anyone else experienced this group of syx who is sure it is another infection of some sort besides Babs?

I ask because I am trying to decide on what meds I should begin again.

Thanks so much in advance for your help,
Melanie

Posts: 7052 | From Colorado | Registered: Mar 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
littlebit27
Frequent Contributor (1K+ posts)
Member # 24477

Icon 1 posted      Profile for littlebit27   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I have all of those symptoms except nightmares. I don't usually remember my dreams but when i do they are just dumb not scary. I've been having to take a nap every day I'm not working. At work because I'm so active I can fight it but at home I'm a mess.

I still don't know for sure what co-infections I have other then ehriclia. Waiting for tests from bart and babs, but from Igenex which I just read was not a good one to be tested through. I tested neg for babs through mayo clinic but the LFMD did not test for bart.

Hopefully someone else will answer before I can but if not I will let you know what LLMD says when I have my next appt. which should be soon.

I'm sorry it might possibly have come back. I've never been completely better since I've been dealing with but there are days that I'm extremely better and I think 'ok, this is it, I'm on my way up.' And then bam back to a mess the next day.

--------------------
*Brittany Lyme Aware on FB*
http://littlebithaslyme.wordpress.com/

Posts: 2310 | From Southeast | Registered: Feb 2010  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Melanie Reber
Member # 3707

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Melanie Reber   Author's Homepage         Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Thanks Little bit, I appreciate your reply. I too spend my days off resting and recouping, I hope to get to a place eventually when I can actually DO something productive or at least fun on those days. [Smile]

Yes, testing is very unreliable to say the least. That is why I usually look at current symptoms to try and figure out what is going on. The last 2 days have included chills and headaches, so I think this must be Babs.

I wonder if anyone has gotten rid of Babs entirely? And if so, can you please share how? I've been treating it off and on for over 4 years now.

Posts: 7052 | From Colorado | Registered: Mar 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
unsure445
LymeNet Contributor
Member # 15962

Icon 1 posted      Profile for unsure445     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Have you treated with Mepron or Malarone in the past until symptoms have resolved? Are you taking anything for Babesia right now? Are you currently treating any tick borne illnesses or have you been in remission?

This has got to be discouraging. Four years is a long time!

Maybe try some heavy duty detox for a few days to see if it helps. If not call your doctor.

--------------------
unsure445

Posts: 824 | From northeast | Registered: Jun 2008  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
seibertneurolyme
Member # 6416

Icon 1 posted      Profile for seibertneurolyme     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Hi Melanie,

Can't answer your question 100% -- but at this point I would not rule out bartonella or mycoplasma as a possibility for your symptoms.

At hubby's most recent LLMD appointment we ran over the appointment time by at least 30 minutes -- he had a new P.A. this time and they were convinced that hubby's exacerbation in symptoms was due to babesia coming back. We thought it was from bart and his LLMD apparently agreed with us.

When hubby increased his zith from 300 mg daily to 600 mg daily things started falling apart. We continued on the higher dose for a month in the hopes that it was a herx which would improve on its own.

Anyway the doc suggested cutting the zith back to 300 mg and adding in Factive at 1/2 dose -- hubby had taken 3 full doses we had left over from about 6 months ago and was already seeing improvements in symptoms before the appointment.

Still not sure if the sweats are all bartonella related or not as hubby had another really bad couple of days this weekend -- 2 weeks after changing his meds.

Now here is where it gets really interesting -- hubby is on Mino, Zith, Rifampin and Factive now. I read a journal article recently that the fluoroquinolones plus doxy (mino is in same class) plus flagyl (think zith may work in a similar manner as an intracellular med) can be used as an alternative babesia treatment for dogs. Here is the link.

This new med combo might be worth checking out -- would be much cheaper than Mepron or Malarone.

http://flash.lymenet.org/scripts/ultimatebb.cgi/topic/1/94154

Bea Seibert

Posts: 7306 | From Martinsville,VA,USA | Registered: Oct 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Lymetoo
Member # 743

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Lymetoo     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
That REALLY stinks, Mel!!!

I hope you get a handle on this soon!

[group hug] Mel [group hug]

--------------------
--Lymetutu--
Opinions, not medical advice!

Posts: 96222 | From Texas | Registered: Feb 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
lymebytes
Frequent Contributor (1K+ posts)
Member # 11830

Icon 1 posted      Profile for lymebytes   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Melanie,
I also have these symptoms - at times.

Nightmares always happen during herxing for me OR I have also noticed high dose macrolides induce them too. Couldn't really tell you if that is herxing or a side effect. Also, nightmares happen if I am on too much B6. B6 is a dream (nightmare inducer).

The occasional night sweats I have had for years (even before Ld became symptomatic) I always attribute to hormonal issues and of course the more I approach the age of menopause, who knows? It has been enough to drive me crazy wondering what all is going on!

As another 4-year-in-treatment patient - I can't guess anymore.

Anyway possible you could have been bitten again? I had return of a co-infection, but was "reinfected". Of course the obvious other things - could you have picked up a virus, flu, cold - I know even that can cause flares that seem out of the ordinary for me.

Even after beating co-infections, I sometimes think "uh, oh" there is that old familiar symptom. But I am starting to think many of the old familiar symptoms returning maybe lyme-related possibly.

I will usually insist on an Igenex test if I think a co-infection is possible, although I know they aren't always accurate either. It can help to give peace of mind. But as we know all the strains of each co-infection that can't be tested...ugh! Madness, isn't it? [bonk]

Anyway to get tested at Igenex or another lab to maybe get an idea if it is Babesia or not?

I wish you the best. So frustrating, I know, to go 'round and 'round and feel better and then something funky enters the picture that just doesn't make sense.

Let us know how it turns out for you.

Hugs.

--------------------
www.truthaboutlymedisease.com

Posts: 2003 | From endemic area | Registered: May 2007  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator

Quick Reply
HTML is not enabled.
UBB Code� is enabled.

Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | LymeNet home page | Privacy Statement