LymeNet Home LymeNet Home Page LymeNet Flash Discussion LymeNet Support Group Database LymeNet Literature Library LymeNet Legal Resources LymeNet Medical & Scientific Abstract Database LymeNet Newsletter Home Page LymeNet Recommended Books LymeNet Tick Pictures Search The LymeNet Site LymeNet Links LymeNet Frequently Asked Questions About The Lyme Disease Network LymeNet Menu

LymeNet on Facebook

LymeNet on Twitter

The Lyme Disease Network receives a commission from Amazon.com for each purchase originating from this site.

When purchasing from Amazon.com, please
click here first.

Thank you.

LymeNet Flash Discussion
Dedicated to the Bachmann Family

LymeNet needs your help:
LymeNet 2020 fund drive

The Lyme Disease Network is a non-profit organization funded by individual donations.

LymeNet Flash Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply
my profile | directory login | register | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» LymeNet Flash » Questions and Discussion » Medical Questions » IRT/ACT ?

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: IRT/ACT ?
f13girl
LymeNet Contributor
Member # 23844

Icon 1 posted      Profile for f13girl     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Anyone tried this? Thoughts?

http://www.advancedcelltraining.com/

Posts: 200 | From New England | Registered: Dec 2009  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Tracy9
Frequent Contributor (1K+ posts)
Member # 7521

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Tracy9         Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
SCAM. TOTAL SCAM.

--------------------
NO PM; CONTACT: [email protected]

13 years Lyme & Co.; Small Fiber Neuropathy; Myasthenia Gravis, Adrenal Insufficiency. On chemo for 2 1/2 years as experimental treatment for MG.

Posts: 4480 | From Northeastern Connecticut | Registered: Jun 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Tracy9
Member # 7521

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Tracy9         Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
He is currently canvassing everyone on Facebook in the Lyme community. I've been around the block with this guy before. He finds out where groups of sick people are congregating then invades those groups by acting like he is caring, part of the group, plants people in there posing as "fellow" sick people, gains their trust, then convinces them to buy into the crap he is selling.

I just got this email from him tonight on my Facebook page:

Gary Blier May 15 at 9:56pm Report
Hey Tracie, Please go to our lyme wall at 'advanced cell training' (just type that in the people search).. I'm the founder and woud be very interested in your opinion of what these folks with lyme are reporting. thanks
gary
founder act

Couldn't even copy the spelling of my name right? Wants to know what people are reporting about him? He is trying to infiltrate the active Facebook Lyme Community and is testing the waters.

This man is a cold hearted multi level marketeer who has been investigated by the Attorney General, and who has sold numerous different products claiming to restore you to health.

The bottom line is, if this crap worked, wouldnt' we have all done it and gotten cured by now?????

--------------------

13 years Lyme & Co.; Small Fiber Neuropathy; Myasthenia Gravis, Adrenal Insufficiency. On chemo for 2 1/2 years as experimental treatment for MG.

Posts: 4480 | From Northeastern Connecticut | Registered: Jun 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
massman
Unregistered

Icon 1 posted            Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
IME many on this site, except those who have used EFT successfully, seem to deny or freak out when possible emotional involvement is brought up.

Emotions + physical conditions + chemistry are all woven together in all of us. Some interactions seem more pronounced when lyme is involved.

It is very much OK to admit that some or many of your emotions are affected by lyme. And very much OK to deal with them.

IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Brussels
Frequent Contributor (5K+ posts)
Member # 13480

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Brussels     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I read in the past few posts saying that IRT helped some people (and you got your money back if it didn't, if my memory is right).

One person with lyme tried many things (she even wrote a couple of books about lyme), and at a certain point, she liked the treatment.

I don't know though what's her opinion about it today. Who knows she'll not jump in the thread?

Posts: 6199 | From Brussels | Registered: Oct 2007  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
f13girl
LymeNet Contributor
Member # 23844

Icon 1 posted      Profile for f13girl     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Curious about the money back guarantee-seems no downside (not that I'm going to do this)-they also offer references to talk to on the phone with similar condition to you- could that part be a scam as well? Will see if they come up with references to similar case as you.
Posts: 200 | From New England | Registered: Dec 2009  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
massman
Unregistered

Ooooooops ! The "s" word.

Many here seem to rush + jump to the conclusion that if something does not work for them, it absolutely cannot work for anyone else.

Emotions ? Creating drama with sickness ?
That is done here !

[rant]

Tracy9
Member # 7521

I know some of the people personally who got sucked into this scam and became quite involved with it before they found out what was going on.

What happened to them wasn't pretty. Please just take my word on this one....they were threatened, stalked, and several members involved in this scam have been banned from Lymenet.

The guy who coincidentally emailed me just last night that runs this has been involved with SEVERAL other scams...and like I said, was investigated by the attorney general. This is not a treatment for Lyme Disease. This is a scam where you call up and listen to "codes" over the phone.

Massman, I'm not referring to EFT. You said,

"It is very much OK to admit that some or many of your emotions are affected by lyme. And very much OK to deal with them."

I agree with you 100%. The famed Dr. H says at all his presentations (and you can see this in his powerpoints posted on www.lymefriends.org from the 2008 UNH conference) that emotions and trauma play a huge role in us getting better.

I am a therapist, and totally believe in what you said. Absolutely. But it has NOTHING to do with IRT. Nothing at all. IRT uses that theory to suck people into their scam.

People should deal with their emotions and trauma in genuine, effective ways...such as therapy, EMDR, holistic treatments....but not scams. IRT is a scam.

I know I am really putting myself out there on this one...and I am doing it because I am certain on this one. I have seen a fair number of people taken advantage of, and it angers me to see that this is still going on. That's all I have to say on the subject.

(edited for Lyme Brain typos)

--------------------

Tracy9
Member # 7521

Also, when this scam first hit the Lyme community, I sent away for thier informational DVDs. The money back offer at that time was only good for after your first three sessions. There was no way to know after only three sessions if you were seeing improvement or not.

Pretty much, anyone who saw improvement, was seeing a placebo effect. The DVD alone was enough to turn my stomach. It was like watching an infomercial, only one completely geared toward taking advantage of desperate, sick people.

I just have zero tolerance for this kind of stuff.

--------------------

massman
Unregistered

I cruised the site and it seemed to me to be about emotional work.

I will reiterate that mentioning emotional work here has been pretty much ignored until recently.

Guess I am wrong about this. Sorry.

sixgoofykids
Member # 11141

Icon 1 posted      Profile for sixgoofykids   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I think we've heard the negative opinions. If anyone has used this successfully, please post, or if you have used it unsuccessfully ... let's limit it to actual experience with the product ..... otherwise, let's consider the topic to be discussed thoroughly.

--------------------
sixgoofykids.blogspot.com

Posts: 13449 | From Ohio | Registered: Feb 2007  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
smileynot
LymeNet Contributor
Member # 18095

Icon 1 posted      Profile for smileynot     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Tracy.. I was about to look into ACT and then someone sent me the links on them.. and all the threads in here.. i'm SO glad that I looked into this. Can you tell me more about this company. I cant tell if folks are talking about the guy who does the sales Paul C.? and or Gary Blier or if they are both scam artists.. and what about these video testimonials, they seem so real.. of course i have no idea how long ago they were.. can you help me.. I was literally hours away from signing up with them. have talked with Paul twice now.. please help me.. there is another girl and i that were about to sign up. I also saw another thread with a girl named Sasha that says she knows this guy personally.. and knows he's a scam artist.. Please share whatever you can.. thanks!

quote:
Originally posted by Tracy9:
Also, when this scam first hit the Lyme community, I sent away for thier informational DVDs. The money back offer at that time was only good for after your first three sessions. There was no way to know after only three sessions if you were seeing improvement or not.

Pretty much, anyone who saw improvement, was seeing a placebo effect. The DVD alone was enough to turn my stomach. It was like watching an infomercial, only one completely geared toward taking advantage of desperate, sick people.

I just have zero tolerance for this kind of stuff.

Posts: 120 | From nashville, TN | Registered: Nov 2008  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator

Quick Reply
HTML is not enabled.
UBB Code� is enabled.

Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | LymeNet home page | Privacy Statement