LymeNet Home LymeNet Home Page LymeNet Flash Discussion LymeNet Support Group Database LymeNet Literature Library LymeNet Legal Resources LymeNet Medical & Scientific Abstract Database LymeNet Newsletter Home Page LymeNet Recommended Books LymeNet Tick Pictures Search The LymeNet Site LymeNet Links LymeNet Frequently Asked Questions About The Lyme Disease Network LymeNet Menu

LymeNet on Facebook

LymeNet on Twitter

The Lyme Disease Network receives a commission from Amazon.com for each purchase originating from this site.

When purchasing from Amazon.com, please
click here first.

Thank you.

LymeNet Flash Discussion
Dedicated to the Bachmann Family

LymeNet needs your help:
LymeNet 2020 fund drive

The Lyme Disease Network is a non-profit organization funded by individual donations.

LymeNet Flash Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply
my profile | directory login | register | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» LymeNet Flash » Questions and Discussion » Medical Questions » Anyone know about treatment for Lyme by Dr. R. in Switzerland?

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: Anyone know about treatment for Lyme by Dr. R. in Switzerland?
heartof14k
Member # 20439

Icon 1 posted      Profile for heartof14k     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I recently heard Dr. R. from Switzerland speak in the USA on Lyme disease and his treatments, some of which are homeopathic. He does not use antibiotics and he said he gets good results getting people better. He feels it's the inner mileau of the patients, not just the spirochetes, that makes one sicker (i.e.. heavy metals, dental infections, food allergies, low free fatty acids, genetics and electromagnetic forces).

Has anyone been treated for Lyme at Dr.R's clinic in Switzerland? If so, I'd be interested in knowing about your experiences. I'm considering going there.

Thanx,

Posts: 51 | From Boston, Ma. | Registered: May 2009  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
f13girl
LymeNet Contributor
Member # 23844

Icon 1 posted      Profile for f13girl     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
http://www.marioninstitute.org/pbmn
A friend sent me this link-supposedly a recording will soon be available for purchase.

He recently spoke at the marion institute-I'm curious as well on this/what his treatement is exactly--and what success he has had with different types of lyme i.e. neuro lyme

Posts: 200 | From New England | Registered: Dec 2009  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
heartof14k
Member # 20439

Icon 1 posted      Profile for heartof14k     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I went to that lecture in Marion, Ma. Yes, I heard there will be a DVD of his Lyme lecture. I was impressed.

He tests for the inner mileau as I described, and corrects for any problems, which he says are many in Lyme patients. He doesn't use traditional medical methods to diagnose. There is a pamphlet from the Marion Institute which describes his methods. He also wrote a book, on Optimal Health, not just on Lyme. He's very big on a strict diet, avoiding wheat and cow's milk amongst other foods. He is against antibiotics.

I'm considering going to him. Would love to hear if anyone has gone to him for Lyme. He said he helped someone get better with Multiple chemical sensitivities.

Posts: 51 | From Boston, Ma. | Registered: May 2009  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
seibertneurolyme
Frequent Contributor (5K+ posts)
Member # 6416

Icon 1 posted      Profile for seibertneurolyme     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Since you are talking about homeopathy I am assuming you are referring to Dr R at the world famous Paracelsus clinic.

I searched and found some notes posted on the web for lyme treatment back in 2005.

http://tinyurl.com/2we5qaf

Personally I would be very surprised if the treatment listed did much besides lighten your wallet.

I am not totally against homeopathy -- but hubby has had zero success with what he has tried.

There is a Lyme book specifically on homeopathy you could read.

There was a very good thread a few months ago that I think was deleted as it got spammed I think which answered your question. From what many patients on this forum have experienced you can change the terrain all you want, but that is not enough to eleminate Lyme or any of the coinfections. That might work for the common cold but not for such aggressive and adaptable pathogens as borrelia and company.

It is kind of like if you had been poisoned by arsenic -- changing your diet or thinking positive thoughts will not get you well.

If you do not want to take antibiotics then there are herbs which can help -- but the doses must be very very high to be effective. Plus the treatment will take months or even years. Combinations of multiple herbs are required and frequent rotations among the effective herbs.

My suggestion -- post another thread with the question -- Can you heal from Lyme just by changing the terrain?

Bea Seibert

Posts: 7306 | From Martinsville,VA,USA | Registered: Oct 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
GiGi
Member # 259

Icon 1 posted      Profile for GiGi         Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
We cannot heal while we are toxic. It takes both -- cleaning up and lightening the toxic load and treating Lyme depending on what an individual is able to handle. Antibiotics alone will never heal Lyme which has taken over a toxic body.

That has been my experience and I am sure many who have done it in this way will agree.

It is best to start with a positive thought, because energy follows the thought first and foremost.

Take care.

Posts: 9834 | From Washington State | Registered: Oct 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Marnie
Member # 773

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Marnie     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
"Can you heal from Lyme just by changing the terrain?"

Well...

"A body in balance has no disease." Dr. Royal Rife

Getting the body back in balance is the trick!!!

Look at this from a different angle:

Years ago, scientists figured out what the SARS virus locks onto.

Instead of trying to block/destroy the virus, they gave MORE of what it locks onto...and it did...and left the system without causing respiratory failure and death.

Unusual approach.

Provide the body with "extra" help.

"Taken together, these findings indicate that B. burgdorferi is

***not directly toxic to SY cells;***

rather, these cells become distressed and die in the inflammatory surroundings generated by microglia through a bystander effect.

If, as we hypothesized, neuronal apoptosis is the key pathogenic event in Lyme neuroborreliosis, then targeting microglial responses may be a significant therapeutic approach for the treatment of this form of Lyme disease."

Author summary:

"We also present evidence indicating that this organism is not directly toxic to neurons; rather, a bystander effect is generated whereby

***the inflammatory surroundings created by microglia in response to B. burgdorferi may themselves be toxic to neuronal cells." ***

http://www.plospathogens.org/article/info:doi%2F10.1371%2Fjournal.ppat.1000659

IMO...get the inflammation down...bigtime AND hit Bb.

Posts: 9426 | From Sunshine State | Registered: Mar 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator

Quick Reply
HTML is not enabled.
UBB Code� is enabled.

Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | LymeNet home page | Privacy Statement