LymeNet Home LymeNet Home Page LymeNet Flash Discussion LymeNet Support Group Database LymeNet Literature Library LymeNet Legal Resources LymeNet Medical & Scientific Abstract Database LymeNet Newsletter Home Page LymeNet Recommended Books LymeNet Tick Pictures Search The LymeNet Site LymeNet Links LymeNet Frequently Asked Questions About The Lyme Disease Network LymeNet Menu

LymeNet on Facebook

LymeNet on Twitter

The Lyme Disease Network receives a commission from Amazon.com for each purchase originating from this site.

When purchasing from Amazon.com, please
click here first.

Thank you.

LymeNet Flash Discussion
Dedicated to the Bachmann Family

LymeNet needs your help:
LymeNet 2020 fund drive

The Lyme Disease Network is a non-profit organization funded by individual donations.

LymeNet Flash Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply
my profile | directory login | register | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» LymeNet Flash » Questions and Discussion » Medical Questions » Squeezing chest pain from Babesiosis?

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: Squeezing chest pain from Babesiosis?
Sammi
Frequent Contributor (1K+ posts)
Member # 110

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Sammi     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Does anyone with Babesiosis have squeezing chest pain?

I have had other types of chest pain with Babesiosis before, but now I am having this type of pain. It feels like someone is squeezing my heart in their hand. Not pleasant!

I had an EKG a couple of months ago for a different symptom, and it was fine.

Posts: 4681 | Registered: Oct 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Hoosiers51
Member # 15759

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Hoosiers51     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
That was literally one of my very first symptoms, and in the beginning of my illness, I would get it a lot. That is exactly how I used to describe it to people.

I think it's either from Babesia or Lyme, but if I had to choose, I'd lean towards babesia.

I would also sometimes get the "heart attack" symptoms, where my left shoulder and left jaw would feel achey and stiff, along with the chest pain.

I went to the ER once and everything seemed fine, so now when it happens, I just assume it's Lyme or babs. Though to be safe, of course you should go to the ER if you have those kind of symptoms.

Posts: 4590 | From Midwest | Registered: Jun 2008  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Sammi
Member # 110

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Sammi     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Thanks Hoosiers51. I also have had many different heart/chest symptoms and tests have always been fine.

I am assuming it is from Babesiosis.

Posts: 4681 | Registered: Oct 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
blinkie
Member # 14470

Icon 1 posted      Profile for blinkie     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Babesia and other parasites as well. Give a parasite treatment a go and see what happens.
Posts: 1104 | From N.California | Registered: Jan 2008  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Amanda
Member # 14107

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Amanda     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Lyme can also cause heart problems.

--------------------
"few things are harder to put up with than the annoyance of a good example" - Mark Twain

Posts: 1008 | From US | Registered: Dec 2007  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Sammi
Member # 110

Thanks blinkie and Amanda.
SmurfyMom
LymeNet Contributor
Member # 13688

Icon 1 posted      Profile for SmurfyMom     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I have all kinds of different heart problems with this stuff, too. Including the squeezing pain you describe. I don't know what bug is causing it though...babesia, lyme...I've also heard "bart loves the heart". *shrug*

I've been to the ER a couple of times because of heart symptoms and was sent home w/ a script for prozac and told I was having a panic attack. =( NOT panic attack, dummies!! lol

I had panic attacks, too, but never went to the ER for one of those. LOL

Posts: 155 | From Texas | Registered: Oct 2007  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Babsbabe
Member # 22981

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Babsbabe     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Hi Sammi
I used to get this - I'm not sure which of the bugs does it, but it goes away with longterm treatment. I can't pin point which med made it disappear though. I found high dose amoxy + biaxin and bicillin + biaxin very helpful as well as Babs treatment.

I have c.pneumonie, babs, bart, lyme and the strongoloid worm infection.
Emma

Posts: 13 | From N.Ireland | Registered: Oct 2009  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Hoosiers51
Member # 15759

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Hoosiers51     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Today in Lyme Chat we were talking about how Bart can affect the heart, so I would say now I am considering Bart as a cause for this.

If you look up "Endocarditis" on wikipedia.org, the picture is from a patient with bartonella henselae.

Endocarditis may or may not cause the squeezing pain (not sure), but the point is, there is a picture there of Bart all clumped up in the heart.

Posts: 4590 | From Midwest | Registered: Jun 2008  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
jwick25
LymeNet Contributor
Member # 15190

Icon 1 posted      Profile for jwick25     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Hi everyone,

I have Lyme/Bart and am managing a flare. I have been getting the heart/chest pain. When I visit my LLMD next month, she will also test again for Babesia...just in case.

I've read that Lyme can cause heart issues. What kind of issues? Issues that are resolved through Lyme treatment, or issues that are independent of lyme?

This has been on my mind a lot lately. I'm scared that I'm going to wind up with a heart issue because of all this. [Frown]

All the best!

Posts: 711 | From Bucks County, PA | Registered: Apr 2008  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Sammi
Member # 110

Thanks everyone.

Smurfymom, I know it is frustrating to be blown off by the ER staff.

Babsbabe, I am glad this symptom has improved for you.

Hoosiers51, thanks for the link on endocarditis.

It definitely can be difficult to tell which symptoms are from which infection. It sounds like this type of heart pain could be from Babs or Bart.

I have recently started Rifampin, so it will be interesting to see if this symptom is affected by it.

Lymetoo
Member # 743

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Lymetoo     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I vote for babesia.

Be sure to see your dr or ER if this keeps up!

--------------------
--Lymetutu--
Opinions, not medical advice!

Posts: 96222 | From Texas | Registered: Feb 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator

Quick Reply
HTML is not enabled.
UBB Code� is enabled.

Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | LymeNet home page | Privacy Statement