LymeNet Home LymeNet Home Page LymeNet Flash Discussion LymeNet Support Group Database LymeNet Literature Library LymeNet Legal Resources LymeNet Medical & Scientific Abstract Database LymeNet Newsletter Home Page LymeNet Recommended Books LymeNet Tick Pictures Search The LymeNet Site LymeNet Links LymeNet Frequently Asked Questions About The Lyme Disease Network LymeNet Menu

LymeNet on Facebook

LymeNet on Twitter

The Lyme Disease Network receives a commission from Amazon.com for each purchase originating from this site.

When purchasing from Amazon.com, please
click here first.

Thank you.

LymeNet Flash Discussion
Dedicated to the Bachmann Family

LymeNet needs your help:
LymeNet 2020 fund drive

The Lyme Disease Network is a non-profit organization funded by individual donations.

LymeNet Flash Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply
my profile | directory login | register | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» LymeNet Flash » Questions and Discussion » Medical Questions » Nutramedix products---successing, leaving 1/4 in, "inflused", etc?

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: Nutramedix products---successing, leaving 1/4 in, "inflused", etc?
Hoosiers51
Frequent Contributor (1K+ posts)
Member # 15759

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Hoosiers51     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I have been reading more about the Cowden herbals I'm taking.

It seems that when you order the "Condensed protocol", some of the bottles are marked "Infused"? And then you save a little bit from those bottles, and when you order a refill, you dump the refill in the old bottle?

That is what these directions I'm reading online say.

So my question is, if I'm doing the protocol without ordering the Condensed kit, is it okay that I don't have master bottles that say "Infused" on them?

I'm just ordering the normal bottles and using them, without doing this whole process described below. Is this alright? Can anyone clarify? Am I missing out on the full benefits?

This is from http://www.bionatus.com/nutramedix/pdfs/Condcowdenschd.pdf:

"The first bottle you receive of the following products: BANDEROL, SAMENTO, MORA, ENULA, CUMANDA,
and QUINA will be infused and there will be an "INFUSED" sticker on the label of these bottles. These are the
master bottles and should be kept as the bottles in use indefinitely."

This is from http://www.bionatus.com/nutramedix/pdfs/protocolschedule.pdf

"NutraMedix bottles that have been infused should be succused every 3 - 4 days if they are in use. There will be an "INFUSED" sticker on the label of these bottles.

► Succussion (suc�cus�sion / su-kush'un) is the rapid and forceful striking of the bottle against a firm surface or palm of the hand approximately fifty times.

Remember to be cautious when succussing glass bottles. Use a firm padded surface, like your hand, but not a hard surface.

► When 1/4 - ⅛ of an inch of liquid is left in the bottle, refill the bottle using the liquid from a new bottle of identical product and then succuss. The bottle should be
succussed each time it is refilled and every 3 - 4 days thereafter.

► NOTICE: The last 1/4 - ⅛ of an inch of liquid in the first bottle is the basis for making your second bottle of infused product as described above. Do NOT use all
of the liquid in the first bottle before blending with the second bottle."

Posts: 4590 | From Midwest | Registered: Jun 2008  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
stork
LymeNet Contributor
Member # 24167

Icon 1 posted      Profile for stork     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I am using products that are supposedly infused when ordered as part of the protocol, but when I order them separately they don't say anything about being infused. I think you're in the clear if you're not putting the new in with the dregs - I'm certainly not and I'm herxing just as well.

--------------------
long road since 2010
abx got me over the hump
diet, detox, and herbs have got me to heal

Posts: 174 | From CT | Registered: Jan 2010  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Hoosiers51
Member # 15759

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Hoosiers51     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
So did your original bottles say Infused?

I herxed in the beginning with the Enula, so I figured it must have worked. But lately I don't know how much it's doing, so I'm wondering if maybe I'll start doing the 1/4 in thing. But then I don't know if not using an "infused" bottle would defeat the purpose.

And what do they mean by "infused" anyways? Infused with what?

Sorry if I'm asking too many questions...thank you for responding!

Posts: 4590 | From Midwest | Registered: Jun 2008  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Summerzen
Member # 24971

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Summerzen     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I have also been trying to find out if the infused products are any better. This is what I have read:

That the original Cowden Lyme protocol did not have infused products and therefore a person had to take higher doses each day and for a longer period of time. They (Cowden) discovered a way to infuse the products which somehow makes the products more potent so the dosage and length of time needed to resolve the Lyme is reduced.

The reason you dump the new bottle into the infused bottle is so the infusion process carries over to the contents of the new bottle. The infused products only come with a complete month package.

I have been on this protocol for 7 weeks (Samento and Banderole) and will soon have to decide if I want to continue and if so I will have to buy month 3 and 4 in together in order to get the next new, infused products (Cumanda, Mora, Enula and Quina) that are required in month 3 of the protocol.

I am trying to decide if I believe the whole infused product thing because I would much rather buy the bottles individually as needed instead of spending $634 for something that may not even be working. I am unfortunately very skeptical of everything and everyone.

Posts: 24 | From Cincinnati OH | Registered: Mar 2010  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
canefan17
Frequent Contributor (5K+ posts)
Member # 22149

Icon 1 posted      Profile for canefan17     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Hoosiers,

How has cowdens protocol been so far?

Posts: 5394 | From Houston, Tx | Registered: Aug 2009  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Babsbabe
Member # 22981

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Babsbabe     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Hi
I get my Cowden bottles from Dr H and the infused ones have a sticker on them saying 'IMPRINTED'. And you use them down to 1/4 or 1/8 and fill up with a regular one then and succuss. So - only the first bottle has to be infused.

However, I don't find any of them particulary effective...I think my problem is mainly European Babs and even the Enula has little effect for me on that!

emma

Posts: 13 | From N.Ireland | Registered: Oct 2009  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Hoosiers51
Member # 15759

That's interesting, Summerzen.

That makes me mad, that you can't just buy the Imprinted ones yourself. What the.....?

I am all for the herbals from Cowden I've tried so far, and I won't hesitate to tell people, but when companies do things like that (bundle things together so you have to purchase a lot to get what you want), it makes me mad.

Babsbabe, thanks for the info, I'll see if my LLMD sells the imprinted ones separately.

Canefan17,

So far I have only tried Enula and Samento. Enula produced a big herx that seemed VERY babs-like, and Samento didn't make me herx but did give me a boost (sometimes I get that from herbals when they do something).

So given my experience with these two, I think I'm ready to try quite a few others...Quina, Mora, Banderal, Cumanda. So that is why I'm now looking seriously into this whole "imprinted" thing. Might as well do it 100% if I'm gonna do it.

So I'm gonna try to find out if I can get some of these imprinted ones separately, somewhere.

txgirl09
LymeNet Contributor
Member # 21612

Icon 1 posted      Profile for txgirl09     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Hoosiers, I've wondered about these "imprinted" bottles too. I'm not sure where you even buy them?

I'm only about 3 weeks into the Condensed Cowden, but do not have any of the imprinted bottles.

Posts: 490 | From TX- Go Cowboys! | Registered: Aug 2009  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Hoosiers51
Member # 15759

So did you order the Condensed Cowden as a set? And the bottles didn't say "imprinted?"

Hmmmm. I was thinking when you ordered it as a set, they gave you the imprinted ones for the first order.

I am going to either call my LLMD or the company, and I'll post what I find out here. However, it might be a couple days, because I normally only make calls when I am up to it.

Summerzen
Member # 24971

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Summerzen     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Hoosiers51, I agree, and I did call the company and even the sales person I talked with agreed with me that it was not right that you can only get infused products as a set but she said they (I guess she means her employers)won't address the issue.

I can't really tell if the products are working for me, I have only had minor herxs (headaches, some nausea) and haven't had any improvements in my symptoms. My NP says that I probably need more intense treatment.

The research I have done on Samento (Cat's Claw) does say it is great for fatigue and gives energy. I have not had this result and in fact have had the opposite, more fatigue and less energy.

Were you tested for co-infections? Just wondering why your LLMD started you on the Samento and Enula instead of the normal month 1 set?

It's nice to know some other people trying this protocol.

Posts: 24 | From Cincinnati OH | Registered: Mar 2010  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
txgirl09
LymeNet Contributor
Member # 21612

Icon 1 posted      Profile for txgirl09     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I ordered the condensed cowden as a set from The Green Pharmacy. I could not find anywhere online that sells the imprinted herbs, and my llmd does not sell them either.
Posts: 490 | From TX- Go Cowboys! | Registered: Aug 2009  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
WildCondor
Unregistered

Icon 1 posted            Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Most Lyme docs carry the imprinted herbs in their office and you just buy what you want.
IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
canefan17
Member # 22149

Icon 1 posted      Profile for canefan17     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
summerzen,

Although cats claw may, in the end, give you more energy and less fatigue...

It is a anti-bacterial agaent and if it is doing it's job and killing killing killing... then you can expect to have flu-like symptoms from die-off.

(fatigue, less stamina, sore throat, etc)

Posts: 5394 | From Houston, Tx | Registered: Aug 2009  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
keltyl
LymeNet Contributor
Member # 14050

Icon 1 posted      Profile for keltyl     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I started on the regular Cowden, then went to the condensed. I got it as a set from my LLMD, and the imprinted bottles came in it.
Posts: 847 | From upstateNY | Registered: Dec 2007  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
stork
LymeNet Contributor
Member # 24167

Icon 1 posted      Profile for stork     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
My original bottles did not say infused, sorry for the delayed response.

--------------------
long road since 2010
abx got me over the hump
diet, detox, and herbs have got me to heal

Posts: 174 | From CT | Registered: Jan 2010  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
txgirl09
LymeNet Contributor
Member # 21612

What if your llmd does not sell them? I wonder if its important to get the infused bottles? If so, where else can you get them?
suki444
Member # 18960

Icon 1 posted      Profile for suki444     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
also do not forget that the zeolite binder has to be taken every third night in the Cowdens regimn - and then when finished move onto Zeolite HP. I found it helpful for detox.
Posts: 37 | From Whitehead, Northern Ireland | Registered: Feb 2009  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Summerzen
Member # 24971

Here is a link to video presentations given by Dr. C on all the products.

http://www.youtube.com/user/pepeicaza#p/u/13/BpcOKF9Tlbo

I found the one on Zeolite interesting, because he clearly states that a person should not move on to Zeolite HP unless they have had their amalgam fillings removed. He says it will cause a serious problem with the mecury.

I can't afford this procedure right now so I have just stayed on the regular Zeolite although the condensed directions say I should now be on the HP.

This is another odd quirk about the company/protocol that I find a little disturbing. (just like having to buy the complete set to get the infused/imprinted products and having to buy month 3 and 4 together to get the month 3 products)

psr1
LymeNet Contributor
Member # 22957

Icon 1 posted      Profile for psr1   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Dr h said that the imprinted version is much more powerful/effective.
Posts: 360 | From New York | Registered: Oct 2009  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
psr1
LymeNet Contributor
Member # 22957

Icon 1 posted      Profile for psr1   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Dr h said that the imprinted version is much more powerful/effective.
Posts: 360 | From New York | Registered: Oct 2009  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
suki444
Member # 18960

Icon 1 posted      Profile for suki444     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Hi summerzen - what kind of serious problem with mercury?
(I wasn't told that by my LLMD and have been taking the zeolite HP with fillings in!)

Posts: 37 | From Whitehead, Northern Ireland | Registered: Feb 2009  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
suki444
Member # 18960

I watched the online talk - it seems you can mobilise too much mercury at once with the zeolite HP so he only uses that in patients with amalgams removed and also uses a binder (presumably like chlorella).

So zeolite plain is to be used -2 caps every third night- if you have amalgams.

JoesMom
Member # 15699

Icon 1 posted      Profile for JoesMom     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Your LLMD does not have to sell them- if you can talk him into just putting the order in for you, he gets a discount and can pass it on to you. Actually, any licensed health care personnel can order it under their license and get the discount. We order ours through a Naturopathic doctor and she passes the discount to us. The more we order, the bigger the discount and free shipping. All of this is ordered directly through Nutramedix.

If you go to a chiropractor I believe they can even order it as well, as they are state licensed too. Try it, doesn't hurt to ask. I had already spent hundreds by the time I found this out.

Glad to pass it on- try, try to get someone to order it for you. They have to order it in their own name though. Not a big deal but a big savings!

Posts: 89 | From NC | Registered: Jun 2008  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
sparkle7
Member # 10397

Icon 1 posted      Profile for sparkle7     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Has anyone found the infused versions to be more effective? What are they infused with? Does this make them homeopathic at this point?

I'm a bit skeptical... I like Nutramedix but it doesn't sound good to me that you have to get everything together. I didn't find all of the herbs to be that useful for the cost.

Parsley is something I can get at the grocery store. I could make a tea on my own if I need it. I don't really know how useful burbur & amantilla were. I had the biggest effects from cumanda, enula & quina. This was just my personal experience...

I did it prior to the infused versions.

Posts: 7772 | From Northeast, again... | Registered: Oct 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
peacemama
LymeNet Contributor
Member # 17666

Icon 1 posted      Profile for peacemama     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
We have the infused versions of all of it, and for what it is worth, they test differently energetically.

Are they better? IMO, they are different. My husband takes the Banderol without infused. The rest of us take the infused ones. We use a practioner who tests supplements for us.

So, we have both.

And, I found NO value in parsley or sparga. In fact, I saw more benefits from fewer drops than the handbook suggests.

Posts: 564 | From Tick Hell | Registered: Oct 2008  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Summerzen
Member # 24971

From what I understand, the sparga helps remove the sulfur build up from antibiotics, so I would think you would not need it if you are not taking antibiotics.

I have found the parsley, taken in 20 drop doses, will help with my herxes.

While my NP does offer a 30% discount if I buy the products from her, she adds sales tax so the end price is the same.

I bought my first month from her and then used the nutramedix site's 12 product special, got a 20% discount, plus 2 free bottles so ended up saving $130 dollars over buying from the NP.

Quick Reply
HTML is not enabled.
UBB Code� is enabled.

Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | LymeNet home page | Privacy Statement