LymeNet Home LymeNet Home Page LymeNet Flash Discussion LymeNet Support Group Database LymeNet Literature Library LymeNet Legal Resources LymeNet Medical & Scientific Abstract Database LymeNet Newsletter Home Page LymeNet Recommended Books LymeNet Tick Pictures Search The LymeNet Site LymeNet Links LymeNet Frequently Asked Questions About The Lyme Disease Network LymeNet Menu

LymeNet on Facebook

LymeNet on Twitter

The Lyme Disease Network receives a commission from Amazon.com for each purchase originating from this site.

When purchasing from Amazon.com, please
click here first.

Thank you.

LymeNet Flash Discussion
Dedicated to the Bachmann Family

LymeNet needs your help:
LymeNet 2020 fund drive

The Lyme Disease Network is a non-profit organization funded by individual donations.

LymeNet Flash Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply
my profile | directory login | register | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» LymeNet Flash » Questions and Discussion » Medical Questions » Oregano What is the benefit?

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: Oregano What is the benefit?
JS in OK
Member # 24526

Icon 1 posted      Profile for JS in OK     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Just wondering. The owner of the health food store in my area said an author of a book is claiming benefits for Lymes patients.
Posts: 39 | From Oklahoma | Registered: Feb 2010  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
BackinStOlaf
Frequent Contributor (1K+ posts)
Member # 23725

Icon 1 posted      Profile for BackinStOlaf     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
It is usually used as an anti-fungal. I think you mean Oregano Oil..not plain oregano spice.

* Anti Viral: It gives protection against viral infections. This means you become immune against cold, mumps, measles, pox and other problems created by virus.

* Anti Bacterial: Just as it protects you against viral infections, it protects you against bacterial infections too. This gives you protections against most of the diseases caused by bacteria, such as infections in colon, urinary tract etc., typhoid, cholera, sores, skin infections and temporary problems such as food poisoning.

* Anti Fungal: Virus, bacteria, fungi and protozoa are the four agents which are responsible for all types of communicable and infectious diseases. Out of these, fungi are responsible for some of the dreaded and fatal infections, internal and external. They cause some ugly infections of ear, nose and throat, which if not treated early, may reach the brain and prove fatal. Many skin infections are also caused by these fungi. Oregano Oil, if used regularly, internally or externally, can protect us effectively against these fungal infections.

* Anti Oxidant: This property turns out to be very beneficial in the long run. This protects you from the damages done to the body by the free radicals or oxidants, neutralizes the free radicals and repairs the damages already done. This slows down aging and protects from certain cancers, macular degeneration, degeneration of muscle due to aging, wrinkles, loss of vision and hearing, nervous disorders and many such ailments related to aging and effects of free radicals.

* Anti Inflammatory: This oil is good on sedating any type of inflammation, internal or external, caused due to any reason.

* Anti Parasitic: Many types of parasites, such as round worms, tape worms, lice, bed bugs, mosquitoes, fleas etc., some living inside human body and some outside, use human body as a source of food as well as act as carriers of communicable diseases. Oregano Essential Oil, when ingested, gets you rid of intestinal worms. Applied externally, it keeps away lice, bed bugs, mosquitoes, fleas etc.

* Anti Allergenic: This is another aspect of sedating property of Oregano Essential Oil. Allergy is hyper-reaction of body towards external stimuli. Oregano Oil, being sedative in nature, calms down this hyper-sensitivity and hence gives relief from allergy.

* Digestive: Oregano Oil promotes digestion by increasing secretion of digestive juices.

* Emenagogue: This oil is also beneficial for regularizing menstruations and pushing away menopause. Those who are suffering from obstructed menses may get a relief from this.

* Other Benefits: Helps heal Psoriasis, Eczema, Athlete's foot, flu and other infectious ailments. Further, it can be used to treat bacterial infections like E Coli, Giardiasis and food poisoning. It relieves congestion. Certain studies reveal that it is as powerful a painkiller as the best ones in the market, with the added benefit that it is without the side effects.

--------------------
First Symptom 9/09
Multiple docs, negative Labcorp test
LLMD: 1/10
Positive Igenex/CDC test
Treatment 2/10
2/10-8/10 Amox, ceftin, zith, flagyl
Currently: Bicillin, Minocycline, still dealing with severe breathing issues

-

Posts: 1121 | From New York, New York | Registered: Dec 2009  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Elizabeth S.
LymeNet Contributor
Member # 22405

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Elizabeth S.     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
It's STRONG, just know that!!!

I took it three times a day and experienced severe herxing when I first started it, then it settled off, and I've only had mild improvement. Nothing like when i was on antibiotics, which did help me more as far as infections go.

I'd go with olive leaf extract before oregano oil, though a lot of people take them together... I'd be careful though, they're so strong, this isn't for the faint of heart!

Olive leaf extract also completes antibiotics very well, I experienced way more improvement when I took them together (maybe because it was helping to cleanse out the toxins).

But anyway, this post is about oregano oil, lol

Posts: 161 | From Southern United States | Registered: Sep 2009  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator

Quick Reply
HTML is not enabled.
UBB Code� is enabled.

Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | LymeNet home page | Privacy Statement