LymeNet Home LymeNet Home Page LymeNet Flash Discussion LymeNet Support Group Database LymeNet Literature Library LymeNet Legal Resources LymeNet Medical & Scientific Abstract Database LymeNet Newsletter Home Page LymeNet Recommended Books LymeNet Tick Pictures Search The LymeNet Site LymeNet Links LymeNet Frequently Asked Questions About The Lyme Disease Network LymeNet Menu

LymeNet on Facebook

LymeNet on Twitter

The Lyme Disease Network receives a commission from Amazon.com for each purchase originating from this site.

When purchasing from Amazon.com, please
click here first.

Thank you.

LymeNet Flash Discussion
Dedicated to the Bachmann Family

LymeNet needs your help:
LymeNet 2020 fund drive

The Lyme Disease Network is a non-profit organization funded by individual donations.

LymeNet Flash Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply
my profile | directory login | register | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» LymeNet Flash » Questions and Discussion » Medical Questions » near infrared sauna????

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: near infrared sauna????
maureen2174
LymeNet Contributor
Member # 11471

Icon 1 posted      Profile for maureen2174     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
i always hear of infrared saunas (and i have one).

is anyone using a near infrared sauna?

i am considering purchasing one either from country ray saunas or nearinfraredsauna.com.

the one from country ray saunas is made of poplar wood and is 4X4. i don't have pictures to look at it. it is made by an amish family in PA i think.

the one from nearinfraredsauna.com is a lot bigger, made by a VT carpenter. i see pictures of it on the website.

not sure... does anyone have one from country ray sauna? is smaller better?

Posts: 871 | From NJ | Registered: Mar 2007  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
joalo
Frequent Contributor (1K+ posts)
Member # 12752

Icon 1 posted      Profile for joalo     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Up.

--------------------
Sick since January 1985. Misdiagnosed for 20 years. Tested CDC positive October 2005. Treating since April 2006.

Posts: 3228 | From Somewhere west of the Mississippi | Registered: Aug 2007  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Keebler
Honored Contributor (25K+ posts)
Member # 12673

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Keebler     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
-
I have read of "near" infrared light, in passing but not so much as a sauna. FAR infrared has been what I've seen discussed. I know there a difference the length of the light wave as to how deep it can penetrate, etc. but I'd want to know more about the differences between "near" and "far" in regard to what lyme and liver detox experts have to say.

We are learning something new everyday so I'd like to read more about it - sometime.

However, neither one has a line budgeted in my checkbook so I'll just leave that to others. I will say that when I did have a little bit of money I sure wish I would have made some sort of sauna set-up a priority.

Regarding the SIZE of the unit itself, that does not matter. You'd read about the heaters or lights, regarding "near" or "far" and how many you'd need, where to sit, etc.

Personally, I'd need one in which I could lie down - or at least mostly lie down, head and torso. The way the heaters or lights are placed can make a difference, though, so just be aware of that.

The main question is about the heaters or lights - the technical specifications.

I'm concerned not just with cost but cutting of trees (unless felled trees). One could use any dense non-toxic fabric, really (as long as fire safety regarding all kids and pets who might wonder into, around or through it was considered).

There are a couple tent styles with lights out there, too. Here's one:

http://drlwilson.com/Articles/sauna_therapy.htm

INFRARED SAUNA THERAPY - by Lawrence Wilson, MD

Excerpt:

. . . Near infrared is an antioxidant nutrient, activates the cells, supports metabolic processes and decouples toxins from water molecules. Near infrared is helpful for wound healing and cellular regeneration as well. . . .

------------

http://drlwilson.com/Articles/SAUNAS-NEAR%20VS.%20FAR%20I.htm

DIFFERENCES BETWEEN FAR INFRARED AND NEAR INFRARED LAMP SAUNAS - By Lawrence Wilson, MD

Excerpt:

. . . In conclusion, my experience as a physician is that the near infrared lamp sauna is a much better healing tool. . . .

-

[ 05-29-2010, 04:40 PM: Message edited by: Keebler ]

Posts: 48021 | From Tree House | Registered: Jul 2007  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Keebler
Member # 12673

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Keebler     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
-
http://www.joyfeldman.com/blog/?p=151

Near Infrared Sauna Therapy: It's Hot Hot Hot

Oct 14th, 2009 by Joy Feldman

WHY USE NEAR INFRARED LAMP SAUNAS ?

Excerpt:

. . . .Infrared lamp saunas use incandescent infrared heat lamps for heating. They emit mainly near infrared, some middle infrared and perhaps a tiny amount of far infrared energy.

They also emit a small amount of red, orange and yellow visible light. This type also provides warming and stimulating color therapy. Red, orange and yellow assist the eliminative organs.

While traditional saunas require high temperatures for copious sweating, infrared penetrates the skin and heats from the inside as well as on the skin. This means the air temperature in the sauna can remain cooler, yet one sweats plenty at this lower, more comfortable temperature.

The infrared lamp sauna penetrates deepest, and are waiting for formal studies to confirm or disprove this hypothesis. They may penetrate up to three inches or so, so the air temperature can stay coolest of all the types of saunas with the same effectiveness. . . .

==================

Just the box part, light fixture:

http://cedarbrooksauna.com/store/infrared-light-box.html

Sauna Light Therapy Box

. . . Provides the full spectrum of infrared frequencies: near, middle and far wavelengths . . . .

-

Posts: 48021 | From Tree House | Registered: Jul 2007  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Keebler
Member # 12673

-
LIGHT WAND:

http://www.braintuner.com/lightworks.htm

SOTA LIGHTWORKS - NEAR INFRARED LED THERAPY

. . . The LightWorks is designed to generate an intense, pulsating LED Light, utilizing the well-known frequencies of Dr. Paul Nogier. . . .

===============

Another link to the same product:

http://shop.toolsforhealing.com/LightWorks_High_Intensity_LED_InfraRed_Wand_p/st-lw.htm
-

Quick Reply
HTML is not enabled.
UBB Code� is enabled.

Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | LymeNet home page | Privacy Statement