LymeNet Home LymeNet Home Page LymeNet Flash Discussion LymeNet Support Group Database LymeNet Literature Library LymeNet Legal Resources LymeNet Medical & Scientific Abstract Database LymeNet Newsletter Home Page LymeNet Recommended Books LymeNet Tick Pictures Search The LymeNet Site LymeNet Links LymeNet Frequently Asked Questions About The Lyme Disease Network LymeNet Menu

LymeNet on Facebook

LymeNet on Twitter

The Lyme Disease Network receives a commission from Amazon.com for each purchase originating from this site.

When purchasing from Amazon.com, please
click here first.

Thank you.

LymeNet Flash Discussion
Dedicated to the Bachmann Family

LymeNet needs your help:
LymeNet 2020 fund drive

The Lyme Disease Network is a non-profit organization funded by individual donations.

LymeNet Flash Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply
my profile | directory login | register | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» LymeNet Flash » Questions and Discussion » Medical Questions » Medical dictatorship

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: Medical dictatorship
Al
LymeNet Contributor
Member # 9420

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Al     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
One signer of the Declaration of Independence, Dr. Benjamin Rush, who was also George Washington's physician, predicted the following. "Unless we put medical freedom into The Constitution, the time will come when medicine will organize into an undercover dictatorship."
Posts: 789 | From CT, | Registered: Jun 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
D Bergy
Frequent Contributor (1K+ posts)
Member # 9984

Icon 1 posted      Profile for D Bergy     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
The wisdom of our fore fathers was nothing short of astounding in accuracy.

Dan

Posts: 2919 | From Minnesota | Registered: Aug 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
lymie_in_md
Member # 14197

Icon 1 posted      Profile for lymie_in_md     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I wonder if Dr. Rush experienced it? Was big pharma already cornering the market? Today, medicine is a much bigger machine. Yet very ineffective in this country when you consider relative health of the citizens and how much is spent.

How would things be better if medical freedom was in the constitution? An added paragraph could have changed much.

--------------------
Bob

Posts: 2150 | From Maryland | Registered: Dec 2007  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
luvs2ride
Member # 8090

Icon 1 posted      Profile for luvs2ride     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
My mother, who is on medicare, received a brochure the other day titled "A Message from Kathleen Sebelius, Secretary of Health & Human Services".

It is promoting the new healthcare plan and how it will effect medicare recipients. A few things in the brochure concerned me like her repeated advice to "only rely on your trusted sources of information when it comes to accurate information about Medicare" and they will pay a one-time, $250 rebate check if she enrolls in Pat D "donut hole" prescription program. This program participants will receive 50% discount after they reach a coverage gap and only for buying covered brand-name prescription drugs. They must really want you on that plan to pay you $250 incentive to join.

Under "Better Chronic Care" it says "Community health teams will provide patient-centered care so you won't have to see multiple doctors who don't work together".

All I could think about that one was anyone trying to receive adequate treatment for lyme under the IDSA team.

"It reduces payment errors, waste, fraud and abuse to make Medicare more efficient and return savings to the Trust Fund to strengthen Medicare for years to come."

Translation: "Medicare is going to stop paying everything and begin to examine claims like a regular insurance company"

It does lists some things that sound like new improvements, I can't say as I am not on Medicare and although my 83 yr old Mom buys Medicare insurance, she has zero health issues and has never used it.

Sure wish I was like her.

Meanwhile I worry the day is coming my LLMD will no longer be able to treat as she does now and I will be forced to work with a Community Health Team that denies infectious causes to chronic illness.

--------------------
When the Power of Love overcomes the Love of Power, there will be Peace.

Posts: 3038 | From america | Registered: Oct 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator

Quick Reply
HTML is not enabled.
UBB Code� is enabled.

Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | LymeNet home page | Privacy Statement