LymeNet Home LymeNet Home Page LymeNet Flash Discussion LymeNet Support Group Database LymeNet Literature Library LymeNet Legal Resources LymeNet Medical & Scientific Abstract Database LymeNet Newsletter Home Page LymeNet Recommended Books LymeNet Tick Pictures Search The LymeNet Site LymeNet Links LymeNet Frequently Asked Questions About The Lyme Disease Network LymeNet Menu

LymeNet on Facebook

LymeNet on Twitter

The Lyme Disease Network receives a commission from Amazon.com for each purchase originating from this site.

When purchasing from Amazon.com, please
click here first.

Thank you.

LymeNet Flash Discussion
Dedicated to the Bachmann Family

LymeNet needs your help:
LymeNet 2020 fund drive

The Lyme Disease Network is a non-profit organization funded by individual donations.

LymeNet Flash Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply
my profile | directory login | register | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» LymeNet Flash » Questions and Discussion » Medical Questions » Xymogen IgG 2000

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: Xymogen IgG 2000
canefan17
Frequent Contributor (5K+ posts)
Member # 22149

Icon 1 posted      Profile for canefan17     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
http://www.xymogen.com/2008/formula.asp?code=000019

What does this product do?

Posts: 5394 | From Houston, Tx | Registered: Aug 2009  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
gwb
Frequent Contributor (1K+ posts)
Member # 7273

Icon 1 posted      Profile for gwb     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
According to their website:

* Reduces G.I. Inflammation / Lessens Gut Permeability

* Immune Support (including during chemotherapy, strenuous physical activity)

* Binds and Neutralizes Major Pathogens

* Supports Lean Muscle Mass

More information here:

http://www.xymogen.com/uploads/attributes/IGG-0906.pdf

Gary

Posts: 1349 | From OK | Registered: May 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Haley
Member # 22008

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Haley     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
My LLMD rocommended this. I believe it is good for the gut and the immune system as gwb mentioned.

I found that it made me nauseated.

I should probably give it another try but it didn't seem normal to me that I was sick after ingesting it.

Posts: 2232 | From USA | Registered: Aug 2009  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
canefan17
Member # 22149

Icon 1 posted      Profile for canefan17     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Haley,

If it does what it's supposed to...

I would imagine that you could expect some gut flare-ups.

(aka die-off)

Jmo

Posts: 5394 | From Houston, Tx | Registered: Aug 2009  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
TerryK
Member # 8552

Icon 1 posted      Profile for TerryK     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I've been on it for about a year. It has helped me a great deal with colon inflammation. I used to get so much colon pain that it hurt to sit.

I knew someone who said that they had a lot of symptoms when they first started taking it so I think you are right on with your comment cane.

Since so much of our immune system depends on the gut, it seems like a good idea to help the gut get into good condition.

Terry

Posts: 6286 | From Oregon | Registered: Jan 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
trigal2
LymeNet Contributor
Member # 20578

Icon 1 posted      Profile for trigal2     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I have been taking this off and on for 5 years. Have taken daily for the past 7 months since I re-started lyme tx again.

I find it to be great for the immune system and seems to help with me with leaky gut.

I never noticed a herx on it.

Rather pricey but IMO/E is well worth it.

Posts: 376 | From New Jersey | Registered: Jun 2009  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
canefan17
Member # 22149

Bump

I'm seriously considering this for my gut inflammation

karenl
Member # 17753

Icon 1 posted      Profile for karenl     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
It supports your immune system and is an alternative to IVIGs. Yes it is lower dosage but it helps me to get low IGG higher.
You have to start with ver low dose and work your way up. You can get bad herxes of IGG 2000,
depending on your situation.

I recommend it and think everybody should try it for one month and see if it helps.

Posts: 1834 | From US | Registered: Oct 2008  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
canefan17
Member # 22149

Dr Jeff on curezone.com says....
(re: Xymogen's IgG product)

"The ingredients would probably be beneficial if they aren't all bound up by the stearic acid and magnesium stearate that they use as flow agents."

Bugg
Member # 8095

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Bugg     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I tried to "modulate" my immune system which I felt was still "attacking" after I stopped years of abx....I didn't see that it did anything but I only tried it for a month....Vitamin D and whey protein worked much better for me....

(I should add: like whey protein, Xymogen is supposed to raise glutathione levels)I needed the protein/amino acids, though, from whey for my aching muscles...

Again, though, I did not take this for "gut" issues so cannot comment on that...

Good Luck!

Posts: 1155 | From Southeast | Registered: Oct 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
MichaelTampa
Member # 24868

Icon 1 posted      Profile for MichaelTampa     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Some kids with PANDAS (autoimmune problem related to strep) finally get really cured with IVIG. It is not known exactly how, but it may be the good IG overwhelming the bad IG causing the autoimmune reaction, maybe crowding them out so they do not multiply.

This approach of ingesting IGG, I dunno, never tried it. But, for an autoimmune problem, I wonder if it will allow the body to produce more of the bad IG. Maybe not. Maybe it just gets digested in the gut and whatever it does (hopefully some good) is limited to what happens right there in gut.

Just some thoughts, not an expert on any of this. I do believe I have autoimmune issues and haven't tried ingesting the IGG, but am hoping to get IVIG relatively soon.

Michael

Posts: 1927 | From se usa | Registered: Mar 2010  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
MelissaJ
Member # 12467

Icon 1 posted      Profile for MelissaJ     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
If I recall my husbands LLMD said something about biofilms with this product.

Because of everything else he is one, he isn't sure what it is doing.

Posts: 34 | From Minnesota | Registered: Jul 2007  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
canefan17
Member # 22149

Just ordered the powder.

I will let you guys know in a month or 2 if it helped with gut inflammation, etc.

It's specifically suppose to help with H Pylori ad what-not.

So that's good... since most of us here have H Pylori. (I breath tested positive)

canefan17
Member # 22149

Anybody else have an opinion on this stuff?

How long do most of your LLMD's recommend you take this for?

canefan17
Member # 22149

Do you guys take it with or without food?
canefan17
Member # 22149

Bump^^
canefan17
Member # 22149

bumpity : )
keltyl
LymeNet Contributor
Member # 14050

Icon 1 posted      Profile for keltyl     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Xymogen products are good. My LD uses alot of them. This sounds like a product I would benefit from.

Right now he has me taking InflammaCore by Ortho Molecular Products. It's a powder you mix with liquid (I use almond milk). Also rather pricey. It's a big can, but you're suppossed to use 2 scoops, and the scoops are huge. I'm skipping a day here and there.

Posts: 847 | From upstateNY | Registered: Dec 2007  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
canefan17
Member # 22149

OrthoMolecular is a good brand.

I use their probiotics.

I drink almond milk too. Do you notice any effects with yeast?

canefan17
Member # 22149

monolaurin... is that found in coconut oil?

Or am I thinking of something else?

TerryK
Member # 8552

Icon 1 posted      Profile for TerryK     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Sorry canefan - I decided to delete the post because I thought it might divert the original purpose of your post.

I made a comment that monolaurin and mastic gum are both known to treat h. pylori.

Several years ago I researched it and wrote an article. Here is part of it.

Monolaurin is made from lauric acid and is a patented ester of lauric acid. Lauric acid is a naturally occurring substance found in mothers milk and coconut oil.

Monolaurin possesses anti-viral, anti-fungal, anti-protozoal and anti-bacterial properties. It has been found to destroy lipid coated viruses such as the flu, HIV, HHV-6 (strains A and B), EBV and CMV to name a few. It's helpful in treating h. pylori, the bacterial infection that causes ulcers. It may also be helpful in improving the immune system's anti-inflammatory response.

Monolaurin is thought to have the potential to kill certain fat coated viruses by causing the fatty coat to become liquid which then leads to the disintegration of viral particles that were inside the fatty envelope.

Terry

Posts: 6286 | From Oregon | Registered: Jan 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
TerryK
Member # 8552

Mol Cell Biochem. 2005 Apr;272(1-2):29-34.

Minimum inhibitory concentrations of herbal essential oils and monolaurin for gram-positive and gram-negative bacteria.

Preuss HG, Echard B, Enig M, Brook I, Elliott TB.

Department of Physiology and Biophysics, Georgetown University Medical Center, Washington, DC 20057, USA. [email protected]

Abstract
New, safe antimicrobial agents are needed to prevent and overcome severe bacterial, viral, and fungal infections. Based on our previous experience and that of others, we postulated that herbal essential oils, such as those of origanum, and monolaurin offer such possibilities.

We examined in vitro the cidal and/or static effects of oil of origanum, several other essential oils, and monolaurin on Staphylococcus aureus, Bacillus anthracis Sterne, Escherichia coli, Klebsiella pneumoniae, Helicobacter pylori, and Mycobacterium terrae.

Origanum proved cidal to all tested organisms with the exception of B. anthracis Sterne in which it was static.

Monolaurin was cidal to S. aureus and M. terrae but not to E. coli and K. pneumoniae. Unlike the other two gram-negative organisms, H. pylori were extremely sensitive to monolaurin. Similar to origanum, monolaurin was static to B. anthracis Sterne.

Because of their longstanding safety record, origanum and/or monolaurin, alone or combined with antibiotics, might prove useful in the prevention and treatment of severe bacterial infections, especially those that are difficult to treat and/or are antibiotic resistant.

PMID: 16010969 [PubMed - indexed for MEDLINE]

canefan17
Member # 22149

Very Cool.
ninjaphire
LymeNet Contributor
Member # 18234

Icon 1 posted      Profile for ninjaphire     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Has anyone here compared the Xymogen stuff to other high Ig colostrum products ?

canefan, If you have used colostrum products before, It would be great if you could compare them.

Posts: 330 | From Colorado, USA | Registered: Nov 2008  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
canefan17
Member # 22149

I haven't used colostrum.

Xymogen's IgG is a non-dairy source.

I've always been told to be careful with colostrum because of the source (bovine)

ninjaphire
LymeNet Contributor
Member # 18234

Icon 1 posted      Profile for ninjaphire     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
non-dairy ?

So is that milk from non-bovines, or derived from something other than milk ?

Posts: 330 | From Colorado, USA | Registered: Nov 2008  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
MichaelTampa
Member # 24868

Icon 1 posted      Profile for MichaelTampa     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
My understanding is that Xymogen's IgG is from bovine. But, I'm not surprised to hear it's non-dairy, I would think it would come from the animal's blood.
Posts: 1927 | From se usa | Registered: Mar 2010  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
canefan17
Member # 22149

Ya I'm not sure exactly. Maybe i'll call and ask them. I was just reading off the label.
TerryK
Member # 8552

According to this, it is from bovine blood.

http://www.xymogen.com/uploads/attributes/IGG-0906.pdf

IgG 2000 DF� is a purified, highly concentrated (45%), very low saturated fat, dairyfree,
consistent source of bovine serum-derived immunoglobulin antibodies and immunoproteins
that provides immune enhancement by directly boosting immunoglobulin
levels in the GI tract.

Quick Reply
HTML is not enabled.
UBB Code� is enabled.

Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | LymeNet home page | Privacy Statement