LymeNet Home LymeNet Home Page LymeNet Flash Discussion LymeNet Support Group Database LymeNet Literature Library LymeNet Legal Resources LymeNet Medical & Scientific Abstract Database LymeNet Newsletter Home Page LymeNet Recommended Books LymeNet Tick Pictures Search The LymeNet Site LymeNet Links LymeNet Frequently Asked Questions About The Lyme Disease Network LymeNet Menu

LymeNet on Facebook

LymeNet on Twitter

The Lyme Disease Network receives a commission from Amazon.com for each purchase originating from this site.

When purchasing from Amazon.com, please
click here first.

Thank you.

LymeNet Flash Discussion
Dedicated to the Bachmann Family

LymeNet needs your help:
LymeNet 2020 fund drive

The Lyme Disease Network is a non-profit organization funded by individual donations.

LymeNet Flash Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply
my profile | directory login | register | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» LymeNet Flash » Questions and Discussion » Medical Questions » 5 days on antigungals & tongue not much improved

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: 5 days on antigungals & tongue not much improved
JJ29
LymeNet Contributor
Member # 5288

Icon 1 posted      Profile for JJ29     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Started taking antifungals 5 days ago due to white coated tongue (diflucan 200mg 1xday for 7 days; nystatin 2 2xday; clortrimazole(Mycelex) 1 5xday for 14 days).

Prior to this regimen, I had been taking doryx 300mg a day (for about 2 weeks) and nystatin 2 2xday until LLMD heard that my tongue was white.

I have been on the above antifungals for the past 5 days and my tongue is not much improved.

I am on a strict diet of poultry, veggies,salad greens, almonds, pumpkin and sunflower seeds, & eggs. No grains,or fruit.

I just started using (last night) Jason's Healthy Mouth mouthwash (as per some people on this board) which has tee tree oil, aloe vera gel, grapefruit seed extract, goldenseal.

After brushing my teeth and using this mouthwash I also open an Ultra Flora caps and let the powder dissolve in my mouth. Tongue feels a little better after this.

Have also been taking probiotics such as theralac (but just ran out of it) ultra flora and florastor 2xday (can't do 3xday due to taking mycelex 5xday). I am now trying to get VSL#3 covered by my insurance.

My questions are:

Am I on the right track?

Should I have seen some improvement by now with my tongue?

Should I eat yogurt eventhough it has some sugar in it...if so, which yogurt do you recommend?

Should I add grains like quinoa and brown rice to my diet or is it better not to use them for the time being?

Your advice and suggestions are greatly appreciated.

Posts: 574 | From New Jersey | Registered: Feb 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
BackinStOlaf
Frequent Contributor (1K+ posts)
Member # 23725

Icon 1 posted      Profile for BackinStOlaf     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
A little white on your tongue is normal, according to my dentist. How bad is it?

Maybe put oil of oregano drops directly on the tongue? will taste bad but you can try it

--------------------
First Symptom 9/09
Multiple docs, negative Labcorp test
LLMD: 1/10
Positive Igenex/CDC test
Treatment 2/10
2/10-8/10 Amox, ceftin, zith, flagyl
Currently: Bicillin, Minocycline, still dealing with severe breathing issues

-

Posts: 1121 | From New York, New York | Registered: Dec 2009  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
brentb
LymeNet Contributor
Member # 6899

Icon 1 posted      Profile for brentb     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I can tell you what has been working for me. During the day I take MMS(clo2) and coconut oil. At night I take more coconut oil and colloidal silver. I try to keep MMS separate from the other things I take

The MMS I take 2-3 times a day and swish before drinking. The coconut oil I use as a body rub and take tiny sips throughout the day to coat the tongue (about a tablespoon total for the day).

The colloidal silver I make homemade and drink 4-5 mouthfuls at night (approx one every hour) swishing for at least a minute. I also brush my tongue with peroxide at least once a day.

It's working very well AND I'm still on my antibiotics. I'm taking other stuff as well but I think those are the big three which are getting the job done.
best of luck

Posts: 731 | From Humble,TX | Registered: Feb 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
JJ29
LymeNet Contributor
Member # 5288

Icon 1 posted      Profile for JJ29     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Thanks,BackinStOlaf, this is more like a thick coating on both sides of my tongue (tip of tongue is normal)going toward the back.

I have tried oil of oregano but not really a lot in the last five days because I'm taking so many other things already...but I will try to take it more regularly and see what happens.

Any other suggestions?

Posts: 574 | From New Jersey | Registered: Feb 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
bcb1200
Member # 25745

Icon 1 posted      Profile for bcb1200     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I am fierce about keeping my tongue clean. As of right now I have some white on it. But I"m winning.

First I brush my teeth and toungue. Then I gargle for 60 seconds with diluted hydrogen peroxide. I then scrub my tounge with my toothbrush. Then I gargle for 60 seconds with Listerine (cool mint). Then scrub my tongue again. Then I put on some probiotic.

I also take Nystatin, Grapefruit Seed Extract, and Oil of Oregano capsules. seems to be keeping it at bay.

--------------------
Bite date ?
2/10 symptoms began
5/10 dx'd, after 3 months numerous test and doctors

IgM Igenex +/CDC +
+ 23/25, 30, 31, 34, 41, 83/93

Currently on:

Currently at around 95% +/- most days.

Posts: 3134 | From Massachusetts | Registered: May 2010  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Ahodge01
LymeNet Contributor
Member # 23569

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Ahodge01     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by BackinStOlaf:
A little white on your tongue is normal, according to my dentist. How bad is it?

Maybe put oil of oregano drops directly on the tongue? will taste bad but you can try it

I was thinking this also... my tongue has been white since all this started... The whiteness actually improved with abx.

Is your tongue white or is it covered in a thick white substance?

For instance my tongue is white and hairy but not insanly hairy I think this is normal.

Posts: 286 | From St. Louis | Registered: Dec 2009  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
JJ29
LymeNet Contributor
Member # 5288

Ahodge01,I have a thick white substance on three quarters of my tongue.

I know this is not normal for me because my tongue has never looked like this before.

Has you llmd checked your tongue? What does he/she think?

JJ29
LymeNet Contributor
Member # 5288

Thank you all for your responses.

Brentb, I have swished extra virgin coconut oil in my mouth a couple of times, but it kind of makes me nauseous.

bcb1200, Do you take the nystatin with the oil of oregano and GSE?

bcb1200
Member # 25745

Icon 1 posted      Profile for bcb1200     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
YEs...I do. I take 2 nystatin in the AM with my ABX and 2 in the evening.

I stagger the GSE capsule and Oil or O capsule 2 hours later.

I am going to have REAL PIZZA tonight. Yes..I'm going to cheat. I figure once a week is okay.

THe H2O2 is key.

--------------------
Bite date ?
2/10 symptoms began
5/10 dx'd, after 3 months numerous test and doctors

IgM Igenex +/CDC +
+ 23/25, 30, 31, 34, 41, 83/93

Currently on:

Currently at around 95% +/- most days.

Posts: 3134 | From Massachusetts | Registered: May 2010  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
JJ29
LymeNet Contributor
Member # 5288

Bcb1200, do you take GSE and oil of O with your supplements or separated from them?

I'm jealous that you are going to have pizza...this is one of my favorite foods, but there's no way I can have it now.

Thanks for the tip on using h202 with another mouthwash.

cordor
LymeNet Contributor
Member # 9449

Icon 1 posted      Profile for cordor     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I had terrible thrush (and eventually a fungal ball in my lung) while doing IV Rocephin. I was on all kinds of antifungals. The lung infiltrate finally went away, but the tongue was extremely difficult to get under control.
What finally seemed to help the most was swishing with collodial silver ( I used a brand called Biotic Silver).

--------------------
Corinne

Posts: 529 | From Raleigh, NC | Registered: Jun 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
JJ29
LymeNet Contributor
Member # 5288

Thanks, Corinne for this recommendation.

Where do you buy Biotic Silver? How should I use it if I am taking nystatin, clortrimazole lozenges, supplements, etc.?

cordor
LymeNet Contributor
Member # 9449

Icon 1 posted      Profile for cordor     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
http://www.thecandidayeastanswer.com/page/page/2476511.htm
Not sure if I did this cut and paste thing correctly (above), but the website is www.thecandidayeastanswer.com and click on order and I think the Biotic Silver should show up. It is not cheap at all.....but the ONLY thing, seriously that worked for me.
Just use it in between those other antifungals. I eventually just used the silver only.
I still use it (5 years later) for ANY kind of mouth infection or dental work.

--------------------
Corinne

Posts: 529 | From Raleigh, NC | Registered: Jun 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
cordor
LymeNet Contributor
Member # 9449

Forgot to add that I take a small tsp of it and mix it with 1/2 glass of bottled water and swish with that. The longer I kept it in my mouth, the better it seemed to work for me. So the smaller (cheaper!) bottle DOES last a long time.
When my thrush was active I did it morning and night.

--------------------
Corinne

JJ29
LymeNet Contributor
Member # 5288

Thanks,Corinne, I'm going to order the small bottle and see how if it works for me.

Quick Reply
HTML is not enabled.
UBB Code� is enabled.

Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | LymeNet home page | Privacy Statement