LymeNet Home LymeNet Home Page LymeNet Flash Discussion LymeNet Support Group Database LymeNet Literature Library LymeNet Legal Resources LymeNet Medical & Scientific Abstract Database LymeNet Newsletter Home Page LymeNet Recommended Books LymeNet Tick Pictures Search The LymeNet Site LymeNet Links LymeNet Frequently Asked Questions About The Lyme Disease Network LymeNet Menu

LymeNet on Facebook

LymeNet on Twitter

The Lyme Disease Network receives a commission from Amazon.com for each purchase originating from this site.

When purchasing from Amazon.com, please
click here first.

Thank you.

LymeNet Flash Discussion
Dedicated to the Bachmann Family

LymeNet needs your help:
LymeNet 2020 fund drive

The Lyme Disease Network is a non-profit organization funded by individual donations.

LymeNet Flash Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply
my profile | directory login | register | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» LymeNet Flash » Questions and Discussion » Medical Questions » Visit With Acupuncturist, Advice?

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: Visit With Acupuncturist, Advice?
MBB3
LymeNet Contributor
Member # 13459

Icon 1 posted      Profile for MBB3     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Hello:

Haven't posted here in some time...

I deal with purely CNS (central nervous system) symptoms, worst of which is neuro-sensory or burning skin, this has been going on for over 3 years, along with bizarre insomnia.

Burning began in one foot, now encompasses both feet, calves, palms, arms, shoulder blades and rear-end in that order. Sx's made far worse when I'm in the heat.

With intentions of seeking some safe, drug-free pain relief from the burning skin I visited an acupuncture practioner recently.

I did NOT mention ever being tested for Lyme. The said practioner brought it up and said I have Lyme disease, again this is without me even mentioning anything!

After this bold statement was made, I mentioned I was tested and had equivocal results and that I still question that dx. Again, this person said I have Lyme...one infection I do have without question is EBV which I brought positive test results for.

I will stress that this acupuncturist has an impeccable resume, so I'm inclined to follow their cue...

Has anyone else had someone tell you have Lyme (other than an LLMD) just based on what you tell them?

So the acupuncturist hopes to boost my immune system to fight Lyme and EBV through herbs, acupuncture. Has anyone else been given this protocol?

For background, I have had short-term, intensive ABX for Lyme and had NO response. I did not mention this to the acupunturist, should have I disclosed this?

I certainly do have symptoms of Lyme, but my symptoms are also like MS which I consider as a possibility? I've also grappled with the notion of my symptoms being from spinal/mechanical problems, but still things don't add up to that dx either?

Another thing is certain, I do NOT
have peripheral neuropathy after confirmation from a negative skin punch biopsy. I had been branded as 'idiopathic peripheral neuropathy' for several years now by neurologists.

What are anyone's impressions of what I've said? Should I follow through with this approach, esp. since everything else has not helped and sx's have worsened?

A kind thanks, [Smile]

Posts: 247 | From The Country | Registered: Oct 2007  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Ahodge01
LymeNet Contributor
Member # 23569

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Ahodge01     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
If you dont mind pm'ing me where youre from and the acupuncturist that would be awesome! I did acupuncture when I lived in NY and loved it but have not been able to find a good place here.

As for your question Im not sure what youre asking. Why would you not follow his notion? You have to remember he is an acupuncturist he may make you feel better but he is PROBABLY not going to get rid of the lyme.

Personally, I would keep seeing him acupuncture helped me so much!

Posts: 286 | From St. Louis | Registered: Dec 2009  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Brussels
Frequent Contributor (5K+ posts)
Member # 13480

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Brussels     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I think it can help a lot, but I doubt that acupuncture alone will be a solution in case you have chronic lyme. I would add some type of antiinfective natural treatments, if I were you.

I also did loads of MFT tapping (you can search for EFT and find the points by yourself).

These are all 9 basic points of main meridians in TCM. I swear that tapping alone 3 times a day for about 40 seconds in all these 9 points can make miracles. I've been using that for about 4-5 years and help other people with very good results. No needles, only self tapping.

But as for healing lyme, I still wonder...

My last treatment involved the intake of homeopathic substances THROUGH the meridians in the therapy built by dr. W. from Germany.

I swear too that that is the strongest way to take homeopathic medicines. I still use this method when treating any infections.

So , certainly, I wouldn't let acupuncture and this TCM approach out of my healing (never will, as it is powerful when well done), but I wonder if that alone, without help of homeopathics or other treatments would be as efficient and fast.

Accupuncture also helps immensely on pain and some symptoms. But I feel that the combination of acupuncture with homeopathics that brought me the best results.

I took these homeopathics through meridians using infrared light. Sounds futuristic, but it is not difficult to do. The most difficult is to understand and accept it mentally.

Your accupuncturist looks good. You could give him a try, he'll probably know about herbs (?), ask him. It takes YEARS to master acupuncture and more years to master Chinese herbs, so he may or may not be versed in herbs. If not, ask him if he knows any well versed person in TCM herbs?

I used many Chinese herbs with success but they only basically work in combination. I would guess that if you use both approaches at least (acupucnture plus chinese herbs) it would give you a very good beginning for treatment. Of coures, both practioners have to be though good in what they recommend! good luck!

Posts: 6199 | From Brussels | Registered: Oct 2007  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
1Bitten2XShy
Unregistered

Icon 1 posted            Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I am suprised that you actually found someone in "our area" of that quality. How rare is that!

I surely would stick with him/her.

I am so sorry to hear that things are not improving for you after all this time. After I had not heard from you in awhile, I thought you were doing much better and off living life!

Email or PM me and fill me in on what has been going on!

IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator

Quick Reply
HTML is not enabled.
UBB Code� is enabled.

Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | LymeNet home page | Privacy Statement