LymeNet Home LymeNet Home Page LymeNet Flash Discussion LymeNet Support Group Database LymeNet Literature Library LymeNet Legal Resources LymeNet Medical & Scientific Abstract Database LymeNet Newsletter Home Page LymeNet Recommended Books LymeNet Tick Pictures Search The LymeNet Site LymeNet Links LymeNet Frequently Asked Questions About The Lyme Disease Network LymeNet Menu

LymeNet on Facebook

LymeNet on Twitter

The Lyme Disease Network receives a commission from Amazon.com for each purchase originating from this site.

When purchasing from Amazon.com, please
click here first.

Thank you.

LymeNet Flash Discussion
Dedicated to the Bachmann Family

LymeNet needs your help:
LymeNet 2020 fund drive

The Lyme Disease Network is a non-profit organization funded by individual donations.

LymeNet Flash Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply
my profile | directory login | register | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» LymeNet Flash » Questions and Discussion » Medical Questions » My last doctor's visit and parasites?

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: My last doctor's visit and parasites?
ladeedah
LymeNet Contributor
Member # 21642

Icon 5 posted      Profile for ladeedah     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
So I had my monthly visit with my LLMD yesterday and I am left sort of confused.

I was doing well and then it seems on my last 2 rounds of Ceftin and Biaxin pulsed with Flagyl, things got worse.

Headaches, foggyness, dizzy, vision off a bit, tired, confused, insomnia and of course the occasional muscle twitches, and the constant upper and lower back pain to name a few, all became worse.

After describing my symptoms, he thought it was best to detox and see if the effects are from the abx or from too much toxins in my body. I am to continue taking all my supplements.

So then he did a scan of my body on this machine (cant remember the name of it) that can pin point certain areas that are of concern. It isnt used for a diagnostic method, but more of a way to see what else could be going on that I am not aware of.

So of course neuro symptoms came up, my eyes, my liver (another reason for detox), hormones, and thyroid.

So here is the strange part, the levels for Lyme, Bart, Babs, Elch were not high but the levels for a parasite in my blood was.

He didn't know if that could be a co-infection or some other parasite. So he took a whole bunch of blood work, testing me for the co-infections and the Lyme (which I came up positive before) and I asked him to test for Rocky Mountain Spotted Fever.

My question to you all is, what other parasite could I have? What should I be looking for or being tested for?

I have to wait for the blood work to come back in 2 weeks, but I feel there may be a parasite I was not tested for.

This whole thing makes my head hurt and I apologize if this doesn't make perfect sense...I am foggy today.

Posts: 134 | From NY | Registered: Aug 2009  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
massman
Unregistered

Icon 1 posted            Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
IMO blood testing for parasites is NOT a good way to look for them. Stool testing is also poor.

And being highly specific for different parasites is not really necessary either. We think here in America it is, but generally there are two classes of parasites - large and small.

Over a couple of months you can effectively treat both large and small. Some people here may disagree with my opinions, but so be it. My opinion is from doing alt health care with patients for 25 years.

IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
ladeedah
LymeNet Contributor
Member # 21642

Icon 1 posted      Profile for ladeedah     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Massman,

So what would be a good way of testing then?

What would be your recommendations here?

I never thought that I could have another parasite...I am sort o confused as to what is going on now.

Posts: 134 | From NY | Registered: Aug 2009  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
MazzyStar
LymeNet Contributor
Member # 22017

Icon 1 posted      Profile for MazzyStar     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Massman, what do you recommend to treat them?

--------------------
Lyme, Babs, Ehrlichia

www.mommalyme.com

Posts: 276 | From Kansas | Registered: Aug 2009  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
massman
Unregistered

There is a good symptom survey for large parasites at www.drjacktips.com

Go to free info + scroll down.

I prefer using specifically mixed herbals from www.inno-vita.com as they have one formula for large, one for small. Many here seem to be recommending products and herbs that have been used for years.

Some take these for very long periods, even years. I feel Inno-Vita has developed newer more effective ways to treat parasites. Most of my babesia symptoms were greatly reduced after 2 weeks of treatment.

Available only thru docs, so have a doc get them for you.

ladeedah
LymeNet Contributor
Member # 21642

Icon 1 posted      Profile for ladeedah     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
From what I read hear Black Walnut with Wormwood and Cloves is good for getting rid of parasites.

Do they mean garlic cloves?

And is there anything else that is recommended? I saw a few people post about Humaworm...

Is there anything else that is good to rid of toxins and parasites?

sparkle7
Frequent Contributor (5K+ posts)
Member # 10397

Icon 1 posted      Profile for sparkle7     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
It's not garlic (even though garlic is useful) it's cloves... the spice.

I find artemesia to be very helpful. It treats a number of things.

re: "Many here seem to be recommending products and herbs that have been used for years."

This is because they work. They worked for me, anyway. It's good to try different things but the old stand-by: Green, black walnut hulls, wormwood & cloves really are effective. They probably wouldn't still be used now if they didn't work.

Posts: 7772 | From Northeast, again... | Registered: Oct 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
massman
Unregistered

They do work ! But...what makes new things so scarey ?

I am one of those "early adaptors" - if it is new and sounds good, feels right, - DO IT ! These guys + girls are the smallest part of the group [Cool]

Then there are those who hang back and watch others try something new first. And if they see it work with others (usually the early adaptors) then they MAY try it. [confused]

The last group hears the idea and about immediately runs the other way. [cussing]

New ways of doing things may actually be BETTER ! Don't know - actually can't know - till you try. And of course if something does not help you DOES NOT MEAN it won't help others.

So most babs symptoms gone in 2 weeks is not good ? Seems a lot better than 6 to greater than 12 months. A lot. [woohoo]

sparkle7
Frequent Contributor (5K+ posts)
Member # 10397

Icon 1 posted      Profile for sparkle7     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Well, you know my opinion... I did try them & they didn't work for me. If you want to send me some, I'll try them again. I just don't want to spend the money on something that may not help. Been there, done that... I'm not afraid to try new things. Sometimes, the old timey things actually do work, though.

And, they are finding new uses for herbs that have been in use for centuries. Look at artemesia... It's an amazing herb.

Posts: 7772 | From Northeast, again... | Registered: Oct 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
ladeedah
LymeNet Contributor
Member # 21642

Yes, but doesn't artemesia have to used in conjunction with an abx?

From what I read, using artemesia alone will make babs resistant to it after awhile.

Which is why I have been hesitant to try it without abx...

Quick Reply
HTML is not enabled.
UBB Code� is enabled.

Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | LymeNet home page | Privacy Statement