LymeNet Home LymeNet Home Page LymeNet Flash Discussion LymeNet Support Group Database LymeNet Literature Library LymeNet Legal Resources LymeNet Medical & Scientific Abstract Database LymeNet Newsletter Home Page LymeNet Recommended Books LymeNet Tick Pictures Search The LymeNet Site LymeNet Links LymeNet Frequently Asked Questions About The Lyme Disease Network LymeNet Menu

LymeNet on Facebook

LymeNet on Twitter

The Lyme Disease Network receives a commission from Amazon.com for each purchase originating from this site.

When purchasing from Amazon.com, please
click here first.

Thank you.

LymeNet Flash Discussion
Dedicated to the Bachmann Family

LymeNet needs your help:
LymeNet 2020 fund drive

The Lyme Disease Network is a non-profit organization funded by individual donations.

LymeNet Flash Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply
my profile | directory login | register | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» LymeNet Flash » Questions and Discussion » Medical Questions » LLMD Appt today, new ideas.

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: LLMD Appt today, new ideas.
lymeboy
Unregistered

Icon 1 posted            Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
SO I finally ponied up and gave a month's rent to an LLMD today. I don't know yet how great he is, but after hearing my history and getting my bloodwork, he asked me to take some homeopathis stuff, and discontinue the antibiotics for 2 weeks, to unload the toxins. after which he may switch me to a combo of Penicillin shots, and Zithro....the homeo stuff he gave me is Aquavit, Cerebretik, Azinat, and hepatik.
Does this sound good to anyone? What he said made good sense to me, but I'm no doctor!
Anyone have anything to say about this, good or bad?

IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
hadlyme
LymeNet Contributor
Member # 6364

Icon 1 posted      Profile for hadlyme     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I myself have tried to stay away from the llmds that cost a month's rent. Can you get to a lyme support meeting in your state. You will find your answers from those around you and who they have gone to.

You'll hear the good and the bad of dr's. out there, and then from that you can make up your mind on who to go to. Let others lead the way and you not learn by giving a lot of money out first. Just my opinion.

Local lymie's are the best sorce of info! This doesn't sound quite right, but you need to find what is right for you.

--------------------
Lyme, Babs, Fry Bug..... Whatever it is, may a treatment be discovered to make us all whole again!

Posts: 941 | From AZ-MT | Registered: Oct 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
lymeboy
Unregistered

arggh...
the regimen does not sound right? This is an ILADS dr. one of the Premier Ilads Doctors.....
Im once again exhausted with this process. I cant imagine that this person would steer me off track....

TF
Frequent Contributor (5K+ posts)
Member # 14183

Icon 1 posted      Profile for TF     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Tell us who the doc is. Give first letter of last name and state he is in. For example, Dr. S in PA.

IM Bicillin and zithro is a good combo.

We don't know what you told the doc, so it is hard to assess his thought processes.

My now famous lyme doc had me stop all meds for 1 week when I first went to him. That was for lyme to come out of cyst form. I also treated yeast that week. So, depending on your case, I can see taking some time off from meds.

I never heard of the things he has you taking. But, I went to a doc who follows Burrascano.

What protocol does he follow? Is it Burrascano?

Posts: 9931 | From Maryland | Registered: Dec 2007  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Lymetoo
Member # 743

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Lymetoo     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Who knows. This may be a great doctor for you!! Don't bail yet just because someone says something negative about a dr they haven't seen.

But yes! Do find a support group near you. It could be invaluable to you!!

--------------------
--Lymetutu--
Opinions, not medical advice!

Posts: 96222 | From Texas | Registered: Feb 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
seekhelp
Frequent Contributor (5K+ posts)
Member # 15067

Icon 1 posted      Profile for seekhelp     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
A LLMD may cost a month's rent, but I've lost about 50 MONTHS worth of rent due to being ill the last three years. [Frown] It's all how you perceive it. I'm just getting that idea in my head now.
Posts: 7545 | From The 5th Dimension - The Twilight Zone | Registered: Mar 2008  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
lymeboy
Unregistered

TF - Dr. M in NY.
I have not heard of the herbs either. But I will say this, the cerebretik I have taken once a day at bed time. Maybe it is just wishful suggestive thinking, but I swear my headaches have cleared up, and my mood has improved. Plus I do not feel as dizzy as I did. I would really love it if this is the drops working, but maybe Im just having a few good days, who knows its only been 2 days

The following herb/ingredients are in the se homeopathic drops. I think this is simliar to the "healing Lyme" protocol:

Hepatik
Aloe 3x, Agrimony 3x, Anagallis 3x, Carduus marianus 2x, Cichorium intybus 2x, Ciehorium radix 2x, Chelidonium majus 2x, Chelidonium radix 2x, Hepatica triloba 3x, Quassia amara 2x, Taraxacum 2x, Zincum aceticum 5x

Aquavit:
Angelica atropurpurea 3x, Anise stellatum 4x, Carvi 4x, Centauri 4x, Cinehona 3x, Cinnamomum cassia 4x, Cola 4x, Coriandri 4x, Cubebae 4x, Galangae 3x, Hypericum 3x, Hyssopi 4x, Imperarieae 3x, Juniperus 3x, Lavendula 3x, Majorana 3x, Myristica 4x, Origanum 4x, Piperis 4x, Rosmarinus 3x, Melissa 3x, Salvia 3x, Zingiber 4x, Aurum 2x. Alcohol 50.6% by volume.

Azinat:
Animonium sulfuratum 2x, Antimonium crudum 3x, Natrum nitricum 3x, Silica 4x, Antimonium tartaricum 2x. Alcohol 14.9% by volume

cerebretik:
Argentum citricum 2x, Argentum metallicum 8x, Nicotinum 4x. Alcohol 11.9% by volume

- I think the ingredients in Cerebretik are colloidal silver ingredients, which there has been some controversy about...

Anyway thats what I am currently taking, and I am going to give it a chance. I recently removed an IV, So I will also start lifting weights. I did like this doctor. He seemed pretty confident that I could beat this if I keep at it. And I am persistent if nothing else.
As for the protocol, I think I made it a bit easier for him by removing all non Burrascano things from my diet (Sugar, flour alchohol) 2 months ago. My guess is that he follows Burrascano's protocol, as he studied under him.

As for what I told the doc, basically spent almost an hr telling him about my myriad and strong Neuro symptoms. He also drew blood and sent out to IGX, as my latest Lyme test came back negative.
He thinks I might have a heavy toxin load, after 3 straight months of antibiotics, and 2 weeks off will help.

Lymetoo, I just started an intense internship, and I don't think I will be able to make it to a support group unfortunately

lymeboy
Unregistered

TF - Dr. M in NY.
I have not heard of the herbs either. But I will say this, the cerebretik I have taken once a day at bed time. Maybe it is just wishful suggestive thinking, but I swear my headaches have cleared up, and my mood has improved. Plus I do not feel as dizzy as I did. I would really love it if this is the drops working, but maybe Im just having a few good days, who knows its only been 2 days

The following herb/ingredients are in the se homeopathic drops. I think this is simliar to the "healing Lyme" protocol:

Hepatik
Aloe 3x, Agrimony 3x, Anagallis 3x, Carduus marianus 2x, Cichorium intybus 2x, Ciehorium radix 2x, Chelidonium majus 2x, Chelidonium radix 2x, Hepatica triloba 3x, Quassia amara 2x, Taraxacum 2x, Zincum aceticum 5x

Aquavit:
Angelica atropurpurea 3x, Anise stellatum 4x, Carvi 4x, Centauri 4x, Cinehona 3x, Cinnamomum cassia 4x, Cola 4x, Coriandri 4x, Cubebae 4x, Galangae 3x, Hypericum 3x, Hyssopi 4x, Imperarieae 3x, Juniperus 3x, Lavendula 3x, Majorana 3x, Myristica 4x, Origanum 4x, Piperis 4x, Rosmarinus 3x, Melissa 3x, Salvia 3x, Zingiber 4x, Aurum 2x. Alcohol 50.6% by volume.

Azinat:
Animonium sulfuratum 2x, Antimonium crudum 3x, Natrum nitricum 3x, Silica 4x, Antimonium tartaricum 2x. Alcohol 14.9% by volume

cerebretik:
Argentum citricum 2x, Argentum metallicum 8x, Nicotinum 4x. Alcohol 11.9% by volume

- I think the ingredients in Cerebretik are colloidal silver ingredients, which there has been some controversy about...

Anyway thats what I am currently taking, and I am going to give it a chance. I recently removed an IV, So I will also start lifting weights. I did like this doctor. He seemed pretty confident that I could beat this if I keep at it. And I am persistent if nothing else.
As for the protocol, I think I made it a bit easier for him by removing all non Burrascano things from my diet (Sugar, flour alchohol) 2 months ago. My guess is that he follows Burrascano's protocol, as he studied under him.

As for what I told the doc, basically spent almost an hr telling him about my myriad and strong Neuro symptoms. He also drew blood and sent out to IGX, as my latest Lyme test came back negative.
He thinks I might have a heavy toxin load, after 3 straight months of antibiotics, and 2 weeks off will help.

Lymetoo, I just started an intense internship, and I don't think I will be able to make it to a support group unfortunately. I had basically been using this great website as one. It got me this far...

This is whwer I am at, any thoughts? particularly on the herbal remedies? Are they Symptom fighters, or Lyme healers?

David95928
Frequent Contributor (1K+ posts)
Member # 3521

Icon 1 posted      Profile for David95928     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
IMHO the Bicillin (penicillin shots) and Zithromax is about as good a combination as there is. Good luck.

--------------------
Dave

Posts: 2034 | From CA | Registered: Jan 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator

Quick Reply
HTML is not enabled.
UBB Code� is enabled.

Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | LymeNet home page | Privacy Statement