LymeNet Home LymeNet Home Page LymeNet Flash Discussion LymeNet Support Group Database LymeNet Literature Library LymeNet Legal Resources LymeNet Medical & Scientific Abstract Database LymeNet Newsletter Home Page LymeNet Recommended Books LymeNet Tick Pictures Search The LymeNet Site LymeNet Links LymeNet Frequently Asked Questions About The Lyme Disease Network LymeNet Menu

LymeNet on Facebook

LymeNet on Twitter

The Lyme Disease Network receives a commission from Amazon.com for each purchase originating from this site.

When purchasing from Amazon.com, please
click here first.

Thank you.

LymeNet Flash Discussion
Dedicated to the Bachmann Family

LymeNet needs your help:
LymeNet 2020 fund drive

The Lyme Disease Network is a non-profit organization funded by individual donations.

LymeNet Flash Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply
my profile | directory login | register | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» LymeNet Flash » Questions and Discussion » Medical Questions » Igenex results & treatment plan

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: Igenex results & treatment plan
schamsjj
Member # 25792

Icon 1 posted      Profile for schamsjj     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I just had 2nd LLMD visit today.
Here are my Igenex Results:

Igm
18kDa +
31kDa +
34kDa IND
39kDa IND
41kDa +
66kDa +
83-93kDa +

IGG
23kDa +
31kDa +
34kda +
39kDa IND
41kDa ++
58kda +

CD57 50

I am glad I had antibodies show up to give me a sense of assurance that I am on the right path.

He started me out with Doxy200mg/2, omnicef, and tindamax.

Although, after looking at my labs he said I also have mycoplasma and strep. He gave me colloidal silver.

Anyone have similar igenex results? How about Mycoplasma?

[ 07-12-2010, 11:47 PM: Message edited by: schamsjj ]

--------------------
Igm
18kDa+ 31kDa+ 34kDaIND 39kDaIND
41kDa+ 66kDa+83-93kDa+
IGG
23kDa+ 31kDa+ 34kda+ 39kDaIND
41kDa++ 58kda+

Posts: 26 | From La Crosse, WI | Registered: May 2010  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Lymetoo
Member # 743

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Lymetoo     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Both tests are positive, aren't they? Sure looks like a lot of important bands to me!

I hope you are in good hands. The silver worries me a bit, but the other meds are good.

Quite a few people here have mycoplasma.

We're happy to have you with us!

--------------------
--Lymetutu--
Opinions, not medical advice!

Posts: 96222 | From Texas | Registered: Feb 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
schamsjj
Member # 25792

Icon 1 posted      Profile for schamsjj     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Yes they are both positive by Igenex, not by CDC.

Once my immune system gets better with treatment will that help mycoplasma go down, or will the antibiotics help with mycoplasma?

--------------------
Igm
41kDa+ 66kDa+83-93kDa+
IGG
41kDa++ 58kda+

Posts: 26 | From La Crosse, WI | Registered: May 2010  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
seekhelp
Frequent Contributor (5K+ posts)
Member # 15067

Icon 1 posted      Profile for seekhelp     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Yeah, it sure looks like Lyme. I'm glad you're getting good treatment. It's another 'Igenex oh so close to CDC positive, but one band off' show. Just like me. They always seem to miss by just one band. Odd. [Smile]
Posts: 7545 | From The 5th Dimension - The Twilight Zone | Registered: Mar 2008  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
schamsjj
Member # 25792

Yea I am one band off, but since some of my bands are are specific you'd think they would go on their own hunch instead of what the CDC says.

I hope treatment works, I am just so sceptical because I feel so weak and fatigued. I know now if I am to get better I have to keep with it.

It's like it's hard to believe that this is it, I mean I am happy I found what is ruining me. But these tests results and my having symptoms no doctor can diagnose makes me feel more confident about it.

--------------------
Igm
41kDa+ 66kDa+83-93kDa+
IGG
41kDa++ 58kda+

Tricky Tickey
Frequent Contributor (1K+ posts)
Member # 26546

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Tricky Tickey     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I would think the colloidal silver would be excellent treatment. I plan to start using it.

--------------------
Early Disseminated LD- 2010.
Currently doing acupuncture and yoga.
Negative Igenex (IND & Pos Bands)
ISSUES AFTER: Tendonitis, letter reversal, Low immune system.
PREVENTION:SaltC,Iodine,Humaworm,
Chiropractic.

Posts: 1013 | From In a van down by the river. | Registered: Jun 2010  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Pinelady
Member # 18524

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Pinelady     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I think the CS is a good addition to try to hit the buggers.

It has been shown in the lab to immobilize but not kill.

So sorry you have Lyme, but you are in good company.

Prayers for a easy road.

--------------------
Suspected Lyme 07 Test neg One band migrating in IgG region
unable to identify.Igenex Jan.09IFA titer 1:40 IND
IgM neg pos
31 +++ 34 IND 39 IND 41 IND 83-93 +
DX:Neuroborreliosis

Posts: 5850 | From Kentucky | Registered: Dec 2008  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
kidsgotlyme
Member # 23691

Icon 1 posted      Profile for kidsgotlyme     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Yes, I would use the CS too. I use it all the time and have never had a bad reaction to it.

--------------------
symptoms since 1993 that I can remember. 9/2018 diagnosed with Borellia, Babesia Duncani, and Bartonella Hensalae thru DNA Connections.

Posts: 1470 | From Tennessee | Registered: Dec 2009  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
schamsjj
Member # 25792

I think the CS is just for my Strep/mycoplasma but i'm not sure.
So far i've been on Tindimax, omnicef, doxy
for 5 days.
I think I feel a little better but not sure.
After two days I got extremely fatigued to the point I had to lay down in the middle of the day for 2 hours. I think this may have been a herx but not sure.
Can anyone help explain to me if these results show chronic or persistant infection? I'm just not sure what to believe after looking at CDC guidelines and Igenex criteria. Any help would be appreciated. Thank you

--------------------
Igm
41kDa+ 66kDa+83-93kDa+
IGG
41kDa++ 58kda+

schamsjj
Member # 25792

anybody?? [Smile]

--------------------
Igm
41kDa+ 66kDa+83-93kDa+
IGG
41kDa++ 58kda+

schamsjj
Member # 25792

Also, another concern I have is when all this started 4 months ago, my skin has slowly started becoming more scaly and wrinkles easier all over my body. (especially hands and feet) And my nails have ridges in them.
Has anyone else seen skin changes like this?

--------------------
Igm
41kDa+ 66kDa+83-93kDa+
IGG
41kDa++ 58kda+

pinky1356
Member # 25304

Icon 1 posted      Profile for pinky1356     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Skin issues have been a huge problem for me. I know what you mean about the scaling and wrinkles. I've been in treatment for 3 months and have had improvement as of late.
Posts: 25 | From AL | Registered: Apr 2010  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Troup Brazelton
LymeNet Contributor
Member # 6297

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Troup Brazelton     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Forget what the CDC says, you are not being survailed and you've been Dxed and are receiving the correct medicine for your disease. Hope you get well.
Posts: 219 | From Aubur,Al. USA | Registered: Oct 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
TF
Member # 14183

Icon 1 posted      Profile for TF     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Yes, you had a herx after 2 days. You gave a good description of it.

You can't tell from a test how long you have had lyme--chronic, etc. As one lyme doc says, "When did your story begin?" That's when your lyme began.

With most infections, you make IgM antibodies early on, then IgG antibodies later on in the disease. But, with lyme disease, the body keeps making IgM antibodies for years. So, you can't interpret the test the normal way.

To read more about it, read the post about the Western Blot & how to interpret it. It is here:

http://flash.lymenet.org/ubb/ultimatebb.php/topic/1/42077

It is under the post "Quick Links to Popular Topics" at the top of Medical Questions.

It explains the IgM and IgG, etc. as it relates to lyme disease.

Posts: 9931 | From Maryland | Registered: Dec 2007  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Haley
Member # 22008

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Haley     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
It looks like you have more positives than most people but it doesn't matter, Lyme is a clinical diagnosis.

If you have Strep in the blood and you have high Strep titers that can make you feel very sick also. Strep is difficult to treat but luckily many of the medicines used for Lyme are also used for Strep.

Posts: 2232 | From USA | Registered: Aug 2009  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
schamsjj
Member # 25792

Thank you for all your help!

Now after all these doctors and no diagnosis I feel better KNOWING what I have to battle.

For a while it was very hard to believe that I had it because I expected to feel better after a little doxycycline. But since I live in Wisconsin and am always outside, this has to be the reason for all of my symptoms

ALSO, my western blot from IGENEX does show antibodies that are specefic for the disease.
Igm
41kDa+ 66kDa+83-93kDa+
IGG
41kDa++ 58kda+

I was previously discouraged by things i was reading that those bands mean past exposure and stay with you all your life. After doing more research I now believe the Igm antibodies have to be reproduced in order to fight this recurring disease.

--------------------
Igm
41kDa+ 66kDa+83-93kDa+
IGG
41kDa++ 58kda+

Quick Reply
HTML is not enabled.
UBB Code� is enabled.

Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | LymeNet home page | Privacy Statement