LymeNet Home LymeNet Home Page LymeNet Flash Discussion LymeNet Support Group Database LymeNet Literature Library LymeNet Legal Resources LymeNet Medical & Scientific Abstract Database LymeNet Newsletter Home Page LymeNet Recommended Books LymeNet Tick Pictures Search The LymeNet Site LymeNet Links LymeNet Frequently Asked Questions About The Lyme Disease Network LymeNet Menu

LymeNet on Facebook

LymeNet on Twitter

The Lyme Disease Network receives a commission from Amazon.com for each purchase originating from this site.

When purchasing from Amazon.com, please
click here first.

Thank you.

LymeNet Flash Discussion
Dedicated to the Bachmann Family

LymeNet needs your help:
LymeNet 2020 fund drive

The Lyme Disease Network is a non-profit organization funded by individual donations.

LymeNet Flash Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply
my profile | directory login | register | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» LymeNet Flash » Questions and Discussion » Medical Questions » Need help today on cellulitis

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: Need help today on cellulitis
Kerryblue
LymeNet Contributor
Member # 4077

Icon 9 posted      Profile for Kerryblue     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Hi, Does anyone know much about cellulitis in the face?
I have had it 3 X for some reason. DOd find on puter in AM,(trust me very ill lot pain not easy to even do that, just 1/2 major pain lapse I have from meds.
It is so painful. I went to dentist yesterday thinking linked to tooth had problem with did not thing cellulitis but tooth.
Today my face is swollen least 2X what was on antibiotic dentist gave me. Gave me whole 12 pills when I need shot of demerol or ativan having not slept hardly in days.
Can`t explain the pain today, I know pain well from Lyme,FM+++++.

Now what that call that deadly triangle around nose eyes all swollen. I do know if gets in sinus cavity will travel straight to brain all over,they can`t do anything then. I know that from my last bought they took very serious & called many Drs. about.

I was surprised,maybe not, that it was on Lyme site. Makes sense because what can cause.

I do not know what to do,dentist said go to Endodontist, But I had 2 major things going on & needed Dr, maybe ENT.
Not sure if either is answer, called could not get
into ENT, then called ID Dr. he is on vacation.

Most have said go to ER if no 1 or we can help.
I hate going to ER. Terrible experience except for 1 time I had great Dr.(could taken him home)ha. Otherwise when had Uveitis from Lyme said had head inside headache, then cut my eye 3 times & used tip over,over added herpes virus into eyes. [Mad]

What should I do, right now too weak to even try to drive there. Never run fever on aspirin checked running low grade on aspirin.
Using up all my meds,UGH, then what????????? [bonk]

Anyone been through this please write now, before too late,ha
Huggggggsssss, [group hug] To All In Need,Kerry sigh OUCH

Posts: 746 | From Clearwater/fl/Pinellas | Registered: Jun 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
dmc
Frequent Contributor (1K+ posts)
Member # 5102

Icon 1 posted      Profile for dmc     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
You need to go to ER. You need treatment ASAP, especially because the infection in face close to brain.
Posts: 2675 | From ct, usa | Registered: Jan 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Kerryblue
LymeNet Contributor
Member # 4077

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Kerryblue     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Hi, Thank You dmc this is 4th time only this time was much higher in what is called the triangle of death. I knew if went any further could be to late. You are right about ASAP. Was in AER 11 hrs. until I told them about my celulitis trouble & it is same only was so painful no idea how got to hosp. or what I was saying by then yet seems like I had to get all right questions then they moved like rabbits.Yeash
Entire thing awful experience somewhat due to Lyme & cellulitis in face that not hardly anyone knew about. All had to make calls.
I can`t even tell you how long had to put up with horrific pain because they could not figure out about all flippen meds I am on. sigh

I begged to go home let me give myself antibiotics, only 1 doc wanted to set me up with pic line because she understood somewhat.
Still swollen too close to brain for my liking the cheek went down. Rather have eye & nose area.

Meds are working some I can withstand pain getting home & getting correct meds I am on.

If anyone reads tell me your in hosp. story.

I wondered if anyone else had trouble with celulitis was mentioned under Lyme & facial celulitis. It is life or death seriously they were not sure if make it through couple nights.

But I am here & now feel if was my time no matter what would make it since not my time. Since I did get antibiotic & made it before. They want me now to come back. Wrong would not go through that again.
People have no idea, Lyme is fastest growing epidemic, only also under other names.

What lousy stuff we get that others do not.
I am tapped out, so let you go.
Hugggggsssss, TO ALL IN NEED, Kerry

Posts: 746 | From Clearwater/fl/Pinellas | Registered: Jun 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Beachinit
LymeNet Contributor
Member # 21040

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Beachinit     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Staph aureus bacteria may be carried in the nose.
Next time you treat for cellulitis ask your md/do
for additional Rx for bactroban ointment and apply to inside of nostrils as directed. It may keep you from relapsing.

--------------------
Ideas not advice.

Posts: 448 | From Downeast Maine | Registered: Jul 2009  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Kerryblue
LymeNet Contributor
Member # 4077

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Kerryblue     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Hi, Thanks for info but they did a specific test never had before for this was clear for staph. Thought that might be cause. 3 times ingrown hair.
This time broken jaw from post.
Thanks for writing have not been on net too ill.
Hugggggssss, To all in NEED, know I could use few myself, Kerry

snatchedid
Member # 20226

Icon 1 posted      Profile for snatchedid     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I wish I would have seen this post when I was going through the same horror. It started as tooth sensitivity; then became jaw and ear pain. Then it quickly became the most horrific facial pain. I would have delivered 3 babies without meds rather than experience this. I was diagnosed with trigeminal neuralgia, increased lyrica and lamictal and went home to suffer. Nothing could touch the pain. Several days later, I woke up with the right side of my face 2x its normal size. I went to the ER and was diagnosed with facial cellulitis and given antibiotics. The pain was so horrible I could not sleep, eat, think, etc. I went to my family physician who prescribed demerol and started me on shots of Rocephin in addition to the oral axb. I had a CT scan that showed a full sinus and abscess above canine tooth. My doc thought the sinus drained into teeth and caused abscess. I later went to endodontist who hoped the tooth abscess caused the sinus problem and cellulitis. I had a root canal. The swelling is almost all the way gone, but I am left with nerve pain around my mouth and over my sinus cavity. I also have a feeling of pressure over my teeth. I don't know if, or when, these symptoms will resolve and I hope I will not have a recurrence. I do believe this is linked in some way with the chronic lyme I have been treating for 6 years.
Posts: 8 | From NC | Registered: May 2009  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
burnsjw
LymeNet Contributor
Member # 11819

Icon 1 posted      Profile for burnsjw   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I had cellutitis of both feet years ago. with change of meds, lyme meds. , got better.
Then recently , about 2 months ago , I had cellulitis of the lower right, arm , wrist and hand. dr. put me on ammoxil-clav. for 2 weeks andit went away.

Posts: 211 | From In my house | Registered: May 2007  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
dmc
Frequent Contributor (1K+ posts)
Member # 5102

Icon 1 posted      Profile for dmc     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Unbelievable.
It's horrid that the MDs are letting people suffer w/cellutitis. Others I know have been put in hospital for I.V. antibiotics.

My brother was told he would have had to lose (amputate)his arm if he hadn't gotten to hospital when he did.

Posts: 2675 | From ct, usa | Registered: Jan 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
randibear
Honored Contributor (10K+ posts)
Member # 11290

Icon 1 posted      Profile for randibear     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
what exactly is cellutits? when i think of it, i think of the lumps you get in your legs.

this sounds like an infection.

--------------------
do not look back when the only course is forward

Posts: 12262 | From texas | Registered: Mar 2007  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Beagle
LymeNet Contributor
Member # 29698

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Beagle   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Right after my knee replacement surgery the site became infected. Finally got so bad I did have to go to the ER. It was diagnosed as Cellulitis and a few days of IV antibiotics (from the cephalosporin class of drugs) cleared it up beautifully. Then had to continue with two weeks of oral Ceftin but the IV cleared it and got rid of the pain by the first day.

You need IV, asap. I would think the ER would give it to you if it is Cellulitis.

Posts: 348 | From MA | Registered: Dec 2010  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator

Quick Reply
HTML is not enabled.
UBB Code� is enabled.

Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | LymeNet home page | Privacy Statement