LymeNet Home LymeNet Home Page LymeNet Flash Discussion LymeNet Support Group Database LymeNet Literature Library LymeNet Legal Resources LymeNet Medical & Scientific Abstract Database LymeNet Newsletter Home Page LymeNet Recommended Books LymeNet Tick Pictures Search The LymeNet Site LymeNet Links LymeNet Frequently Asked Questions About The Lyme Disease Network LymeNet Menu

LymeNet on Facebook

LymeNet on Twitter

The Lyme Disease Network receives a commission from Amazon.com for each purchase originating from this site.

When purchasing from Amazon.com, please
click here first.

Thank you.

LymeNet Flash Discussion
Dedicated to the Bachmann Family

LymeNet needs your help:
LymeNet 2020 fund drive

The Lyme Disease Network is a non-profit organization funded by individual donations.

LymeNet Flash Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply
my profile | directory login | register | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» LymeNet Flash » Questions and Discussion » Medical Questions » Started Chlorella - Feel worse?

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: Started Chlorella - Feel worse?
txgirl09
LymeNet Contributor
Member # 21612

Icon 1 posted      Profile for txgirl09     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I think I'm not detoxing well. I read about the benefits of Chlorella, and took it yesterday. Within a few hours I started feeling much worse.

I started slowly, and I've read where you need to take more, but how much?

Can you take too much chlorella?

Posts: 490 | From TX- Go Cowboys! | Registered: Aug 2009  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
txgirl09
LymeNet Contributor
Member # 21612

Icon 1 posted      Profile for txgirl09     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Anyone?
Posts: 490 | From TX- Go Cowboys! | Registered: Aug 2009  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
canefan17
Frequent Contributor (5K+ posts)
Member # 22149

Icon 1 posted      Profile for canefan17     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
http://flash.lymenet.org/ubb/ultimatebb.php/topic/1/95702#000000

GiGi has some good posts in here explaining how she took it.
It sounds like you can't go wrong with taking quite a bit.
GiGi took them before meals, before every meal, and at bed time.

Brussels wrote:
***My rule of thumb is: if you still feel bad, take more chlorella (like more 5-10 tabs).

If you feel better 1 hour after increasing intake, it means your body needs that amount or even more.

If you feel no change, you probably need other binders or other treatment (anti infective, tapping, etc).

Chlorella will work better if taken many times a day while on anti infective treatment. My experience***

Posts: 5394 | From Houston, Tx | Registered: Aug 2009  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Cass A
Frequent Contributor (1K+ posts)
Member # 11134

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Cass A     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
You do need to watch which BRAND of chlorella you're taking!!!

I was taking Swanson, and found out (after about a year using them) that, at more than a gram a day, one actually is poisoning oneself with chromium and arsenic in excess of the MAXIMUM daily dose!!! I was taking 3-6 grams at a time for detox!

So, now' I'm researching different brands.

The ones that check out as clean so far are BioPure and BioRay.

I'd be very happy to get data on these metals (plus mercury, of course) on any chlorella brands.

Ask for the tests yourself! This will put pressure on the companies to either sell a safe product or not sell one at all.

Love,

Cass A

Posts: 1245 | From Thousand Oaks, CA | Registered: Feb 2007  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
CedarWidow
Member # 27541

Icon 1 posted      Profile for CedarWidow     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Chlorella also displaces mercury in the body.
Posts: 24 | From Maine | Registered: Aug 2010  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Lex
LymeNet Contributor
Member # 22860

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Lex     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Sometimes I test for 60 chlorella at a time. I use BioPure chlorella vulgaris -- other types seem to make me feel worse. If I take l0 or 12, it gets the metals moving . . . and doesn't bind like more would.
Posts: 263 | From Annapolis, Md. | Registered: Oct 2009  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Mariski
Member # 24942

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Mariski     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I think that quite a few people do not tolerate chlorella, regardless of the brand.

Dr. K (from Seattle) said in one of his lectures or notes that up to 30% of the population does not tolerate chlorella.

I am one who does not tolerate it. The last time I tried, I ended up vomiting. Not very pleasant.

In order to avoid an adverse reaction, Dr. K advises that one needs to start with very small dosages and stop if you don't feel well.

Posts: 40 | From New York | Registered: Mar 2010  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Mariski
Member # 24942

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Mariski     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Just to add -- I have always used the BioPure product, which is considered to be one of the best. But I still cannot tolerate it.
Posts: 40 | From New York | Registered: Mar 2010  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
NanaDubo
Member # 14794

Icon 1 posted      Profile for NanaDubo     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
C. Vulgaris can be a little easier to digest than C. pyrenoidosa.

I took me a while to be able to tolerate pyrenoidosa but now can handle quite large doses. I grind up the tablets, let them dissolve in water and drink it down.

Cass is right, find out about the brand you are using. Some are not produced in a clean environment.

Posts: 1129 | From Maine | Registered: Feb 2008  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Brussels
Member # 13480

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Brussels     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I thought I couldn't tolerate chlorella. Look at my very old posts under hardynaka. Strong bad reactions after taking it, on and on.

I could only tolerate it after my NP gave me about 100 little pills AT ONCE. When I saw her holding that amount ( a real two handful!!) I almost fainted. I said, 'no way I'm going to take this!!!'

She asked me to take it, at once, she tested and re-tested me on an on, and said, 'that's the amount you should take'. And I took it in front of her. I tell you, I felt my brain getting clearer, my GI tract/stomach relaxing for the first time in weeks. I drove back home in highways for about 2 hours, no problem!!

Just to get there, I had to stop a few times, either of fatigue or some other lyme realted problems...

What looks like 'intolerance' could be also, like in my case, that the amount is just too small to do any good effect. The problem is that you need a skillful practioner to 'test' the amount for you.

Posts: 6199 | From Brussels | Registered: Oct 2007  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
springshowers
Member # 19863

Icon 1 posted      Profile for springshowers     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
WOW
I did not know about the issues with Chorella and the amounts up to a handful!!
My goodness.

A whole handful
Is that how much your taking now? I can not imagine taking a whole handful on a daily basis.

What kind were you taking Brussels? and you write "little" pills. What kind is that?

Posts: 2747 | From Unites States Of America | Registered: Apr 2009  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Brussels
Member # 13480

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Brussels     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
It was Biopure. The ones produced in Europe are small, it was really the whole two hands full of them (possibly more than 100 then). I really had a dizzy head when she came with that amount and told me to ingest the stuff AT ONCE!!!

She is considered the right hand of dr. K. in Germany. And that's is what I suppose it means by taking more to feel better. The only problem is that if you are the one that is really intolerant to chlorella, and you take that big amount without any further help, you can get in trouble.

She left me there for at least half an hour and it was an amazing feeling to feel my brain getting clearer and all the noise going on my GI tract, but just getting 'better'. I was bloated and with diarrhea, specially because I had taken my amalgams off the week before.

I was trying on the basis on one pill or so of chlorella but that made me soooo sick that I sort of was trying to build up on the amount (but I don't think I arrived to even 10 pills). Too scared due to 'effects'.

It was the greatest amount that made me trust chlorella and since that day, chlorella became my supplement for lyme. It is not exactly for lyme, but it helps with toxins so much. Since that day, I think I took too many kilograms of chlorella to count here.

Now I'm off it, but I may start again, just sort of seeing it as food suplement. I'm no longer fighting lyme for almost a year and a half, so I still feel on vacations from pills, if you see what I mean. Got sick of taking so much and I'm enjoying my pill-less life. Any pill reminds of lyme, even if it's chlorella, I guess.

Later, I took about 10-15 big pills a day, but I guess during bigger battles with coinfections or new reinfections I took about 50 a day. Every now and then, I would repeat the handfull experience, but then, without any guidance anymore, just by intuition.

I started buying another brand called Hanoju because it is the only organic brand in Europe. I took it to be tested by two different practioners and they tested them as well as the Biopure brand.

Good luck

Posts: 6199 | From Brussels | Registered: Oct 2007  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
aMomWithHope
LymeNet Contributor
Member # 19255

Icon 1 posted      Profile for aMomWithHope     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Thinking of starting this w/child so am interested in reading more...........
Posts: 648 | From northeast | Registered: Feb 2009  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
tickled1
Member # 14257

Icon 1 posted      Profile for tickled1     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Both times I've tried Chlorella, 4 wks. apart, I became violently ill. Very scary!
Posts: 2541 | From Northeast | Registered: Jan 2008  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator

Quick Reply
HTML is not enabled.
UBB Code� is enabled.

Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | LymeNet home page | Privacy Statement