LymeNet Home LymeNet Home Page LymeNet Flash Discussion LymeNet Support Group Database LymeNet Literature Library LymeNet Legal Resources LymeNet Medical & Scientific Abstract Database LymeNet Newsletter Home Page LymeNet Recommended Books LymeNet Tick Pictures Search The LymeNet Site LymeNet Links LymeNet Frequently Asked Questions About The Lyme Disease Network LymeNet Menu

LymeNet on Facebook

LymeNet on Twitter

The Lyme Disease Network receives a commission from Amazon.com for each purchase originating from this site.

When purchasing from Amazon.com, please
click here first.

Thank you.

LymeNet Flash Discussion
Dedicated to the Bachmann Family

LymeNet needs your help:
LymeNet 2020 fund drive

The Lyme Disease Network is a non-profit organization funded by individual donations.

LymeNet Flash Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply
my profile | directory login | register | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» LymeNet Flash » Questions and Discussion » Medical Questions » What helps for anxiety?

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: What helps for anxiety?
Blackbird
Member # 23679

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Blackbird     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Anyone found a treatment that helped? I relate it to not detoxing enough. One way I used to detox was using a sauna, but I've been unable to do this since I've been on IV abx and have a mid-line in my arm. I also can't do a lot of detox protocols because my stomach is so sensitive. Any other thoughts on lowering anxiety? Thank you!
Posts: 30 | From Massachusetts | Registered: Dec 2009  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
bcb1200
Frequent Contributor (1K+ posts)
Member # 25745

Icon 1 posted      Profile for bcb1200     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I'm on prozac. My anxiety is now gone. Not sure if it is the prozac or lyme treatment. Don't really care...glad it is gone. I hated it.

--------------------
Bite date ?
2/10 symptoms began
5/10 dx'd, after 3 months numerous test and doctors

IgM Igenex +/CDC +
+ 23/25, 30, 31, 34, 41, 83/93

Currently on:

Currently at around 95% +/- most days.

Posts: 3134 | From Massachusetts | Registered: May 2010  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
lyme in Putnam
Member # 11561

Icon 1 posted      Profile for lyme in Putnam     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I take .5 klonapin one or two a day. It's also a depressant, I'm not thrilled with that, but it does make me functionable.

--------------------
He took u to it, He'll you through

Posts: 2837 | From NE. | Registered: Apr 2007  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
sickpuppy
LymeNet Contributor
Member # 23846

Icon 1 posted      Profile for sickpuppy     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
It's a bandaide semi-solution: inderal, the generic is propranalol. I take 10 mg of the later. It's a beta blocker which keeps your heart from racing so for me helps mitigate the panic attacks to some degree.

I can't figure out what else to do.

Posts: 702 | From North Eastern USA | Registered: Dec 2009  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
sparkle7
Frequent Contributor (5K+ posts)
Member # 10397

Icon 1 posted      Profile for sparkle7     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Kava Kava is useful if you are into natural remedies.
Posts: 7772 | From Northeast, again... | Registered: Oct 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
massman
Unregistered

Icon 1 posted            Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
www.mercola.com and search for EFT.

Simple, straightforward, effective. No cost except a bit of time.

The sauna, if you can use it is a very good idea. All the other drug and herb solutions might get you high so you feel better but they really do not deal with the emotional source. EFT does.

IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
lymeinhell
Member # 4622

Icon 1 posted      Profile for lymeinhell     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Rhodiola
Vitamin D3 (have you had your levels checked)
Magnesium (have you had your levels checked)

--------------------
Julie
_ _ ___ _ _
lymeinhell

Blessed are those who expect nothing, for they shall not be disappointed.

Posts: 2258 | From a better place than I was 11 yrs ago | Registered: Sep 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Keebler
Honored Contributor (25K+ posts)
Member # 12673

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Keebler     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
-
Magnesium
-

Posts: 48021 | From Tree House | Registered: Jul 2007  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Dawn in VA
Member # 9693

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Dawn in VA     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Benzos for CNS (ativan, klonopin, xanax, etc for use as an as-needed basis), EFT (Emotional Freedom Technique), daily guided relaxation/meditation/visualization. Deep abdominal breathing, too.

And whatever makes you happy! [Smile]

PS How are your thyroid and adrenals doing? I'd recommend getting them tested if you haven't done so recently.

--------------------
(The ole disclaimer: I'm not a doctor.)

Posts: 1349 | From VA | Registered: Jul 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Keebler
Honored Contributor (25K+ posts)
Member # 12673

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Keebler     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
-
When considering whatever makes you happy, if it makes the liver unhappy, the anxiety will likely increase. So many medicines stress the liver. That can increase pain, neuro symptoms, anxiety and many other symptoms.

By addressing issues of liver support and adrenal support, anxiety can often lessen.
-

Posts: 48021 | From Tree House | Registered: Jul 2007  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Jane2904
Member # 15917

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Jane2904     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
How much magnesium for a teenager?

I have some of the Mag tab Sr, hoping this will help her increased anxiety.

Posts: 1357 | From Massachusetts | Registered: Jun 2008  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
jwick25
LymeNet Contributor
Member # 15190

Icon 1 posted      Profile for jwick25     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I am now on magnesium along with vitamin D3 (been on that one). I'm hoping this helps.

I've read that combining too much vitamin D and magnesium can be bad, but my LLMD recommended it for me.

I was also given AdreneVive for adrenal support.

Posts: 711 | From Bucks County, PA | Registered: Apr 2008  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
JR
LymeNet Contributor
Member # 16898

Icon 1 posted      Profile for JR     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Zoloft did it for me.
Posts: 365 | From Sylvania | Registered: Aug 2008  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Blackbird
Member # 23679

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Blackbird     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I appreciate the suggestions!!!

About Magnesium: How much is enough? I take some sea salt in the water I drink every day, and this has trace minerals, so I was hoping I was getting enough this way. 'm going to try taking more, but would love to hear what dose people recommend!

About Inderal: sickpuppy, do you find that it also addresses other aspects of anxiety, besides the racing heart? Sounds good even if it just does that, though!

About Adrenals and Thyroid: I haven't had these checked recently, thanks for the thought!

About EFT: I'd love to try this again! I'm not sure why I stopped because I found it helping some in the past. I didn't stick with it past a week, though. I imagine it has more impact over time?

About Benzos: I've found they really impact my digestion poorly, but I appreciate what a difference they can make!

About Kava Kava: This also impacts my stomach (it's really absurdly sensitive), but thank you for the suggestion!

Posts: 30 | From Massachusetts | Registered: Dec 2009  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Ahodge01
LymeNet Contributor
Member # 23569

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Ahodge01     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
BCB1200 has the right attitude in the second post... I would say if its really that bad try prozac! Specifically prozac to... I dont know why dr's insist on trying 'newer' ssri's but prozac seems to work.

Im going to request it at my next llmd apt. I dont care what they give me as long as I dont have symptoms.

Also, people have had success on high dose amoxicillin.

Posts: 286 | From St. Louis | Registered: Dec 2009  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Dawn in VA
Member # 9693

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Dawn in VA     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Per Mg, some docs say to take as much "to bowel tolerance". I don't know if I'd take it THAT far, but it is a good test. You might want to get Singeton's "Lyme Disease Sol'n" book. I can't remember if he offers specific numbers (milligrams) in there or not; maybe someone else can chime in.

I dig the Perque brand (no, no affiliation w/ the company) b/c it has several different kinds of Mg. I also like Natural Calm (plus it tastes good!). You can get the latter at Vitamin Shoppe, etc.

IMHO, I really, really doubt you are getting enough Mg from the sea salt H2O.

--------------------
(The ole disclaimer: I'm not a doctor.)

Posts: 1349 | From VA | Registered: Jul 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Kerryblue
LymeNet Contributor
Member # 4077

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Kerryblue     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Hi, Dr. Oz said for RLS Iron.??? Imagine would be also for stress, then many prescription drugs.
Or self help,poss Acupuncture helps people.

Using yoga, 5 DEEP Breaths on regular basis. Surprise does help. Or relax tapes??

Most of all NOT Being ILL/That is the real stress-or. too bad not cure for...
Hugggssss,To all In need,Kerry

Posts: 746 | From Clearwater/fl/Pinellas | Registered: Jun 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
massman
Unregistered

Deep breathing is an excellent suggestion, Kellyblue.

Learn to belly breathe. Watch kids, dogs etc when they are asleep. They start or lead with the belly. You can also do it while meditating.

listenswithcare
LymeNet Contributor
Member # 10719

Icon 1 posted      Profile for listenswithcare     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Well, anxiety for me was a major symptom of Bartonella. When I treated the bartonella, the anxiety went away.
Posts: 276 | From Maryland | Registered: Dec 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
buzzsflybox
Member # 26808

Icon 1 posted      Profile for buzzsflybox     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Same as listenwithcare here.

--------------------
5 yr. Vet. of the Lyme war. Helping and sharing are now my only objectives.I have nothing to sell & I no longer interfear with things I cannot control. But, I have learned many good things from my affliction & am a better person for it.

Posts: 51 | From Northeastern PA | Registered: Jul 2010  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Myco
LymeNet Contributor
Member # 9536

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Myco     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Bart treatment cured my anxiety. Specifically Rifampin/Zith and then Minocin/Cipro.

Gone.

Posts: 770 | From USA | Registered: Jul 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
jwick25
LymeNet Contributor
Member # 15190

Icon 1 posted      Profile for jwick25     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I try relaxation techniques. My lyme/bart recently flared, and my anxiety is very elevated.

I'm hoping it will go away with treatment.

Posts: 711 | From Bucks County, PA | Registered: Apr 2008  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
massman
Unregistered

Blackbird I just noticed [bonk] you are in MA.

What general area ? Asking because I know of sauna locations in Oxford and Sturbridge.

May be able to find more if you are interested.
I had grrreaaat experiences with them in OH.

Quick Reply
HTML is not enabled.
UBB Code� is enabled.

Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | LymeNet home page | Privacy Statement