LymeNet Home LymeNet Home Page LymeNet Flash Discussion LymeNet Support Group Database LymeNet Literature Library LymeNet Legal Resources LymeNet Medical & Scientific Abstract Database LymeNet Newsletter Home Page LymeNet Recommended Books LymeNet Tick Pictures Search The LymeNet Site LymeNet Links LymeNet Frequently Asked Questions About The Lyme Disease Network LymeNet Menu

LymeNet on Facebook

LymeNet on Twitter

The Lyme Disease Network receives a commission from Amazon.com for each purchase originating from this site.

When purchasing from Amazon.com, please
click here first.

Thank you.

LymeNet Flash Discussion
Dedicated to the Bachmann Family

LymeNet needs your help:
LymeNet 2020 fund drive

The Lyme Disease Network is a non-profit organization funded by individual donations.

LymeNet Flash Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply
my profile | directory login | register | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» LymeNet Flash » Questions and Discussion » Medical Questions » Zithromax and Mepron- if you've taken this combo, plz respond!

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: Zithromax and Mepron- if you've taken this combo, plz respond!
sunshine1
Member # 18806

Icon 1 posted      Profile for sunshine1     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I seem to be having good results with mepron and zithromax for my brain fog. I've only been on it for 4 days.

If you've taken this combo, can you tell me if you had good results and how long you took it and if the symptoms returned.

Thank you so much!

--------------------
rebecca

Posts: 20 | From lake in the hills, illinois | Registered: Jan 2009  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
jenn
LymeNet Contributor
Member # 21687

Icon 1 posted      Profile for jenn     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I have taken this combo...first started with 250 zithro for abut 3 months then added mepron..then upped zithro to 500 for another 2 months. I will tell you that I felt better adding the mepron, although my irratablilty increased and I felt like my head would just light up light a match due to my irratiblity and fustration that seemed to of started after the first few doses of mepron, but then just disapeard?

Overall, it helped alot....had my first hard Herx after adding mepron and have been on a better road ever since. just reached a plateau on that combo and went back to doxy to finish it up!

I did and still have hair loss starting these abx's...i tink it was from the zithro but many say mepron has that side effect. but It started before taking mepron....

Also, Mepron can also cause depresson....I have not had any issues with this, but just be aware and on guard if you notice any changes in moods.

best of luck, and you will get used to the taste...it's not that bad! lol

Posts: 501 | From Hudson Ticky Valley, NY | Registered: Aug 2009  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
baileypup
LymeNet Contributor
Member # 22824

Icon 1 posted      Profile for baileypup     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I've been on mepron, zith and tindamax for six months now. I've had improvement, but it is a slow process, not overnight.
Posts: 964 | From san diego | Registered: Oct 2009  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
sunshine1
Member # 18806

Icon 1 posted      Profile for sunshine1     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
thank you so much you guys!! very helpful!!

--------------------
rebecca

Posts: 20 | From lake in the hills, illinois | Registered: Jan 2009  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
steelbone
LymeNet Contributor
Member # 14014

Icon 1 posted      Profile for steelbone     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Took them both and did nothing for me [Frown]

--------------------
All The Best,
Paul
[email protected]

The harder you work the luckier you get!

Posts: 965 | From Nebraska Cornhuskers fan in Massachusetts | Registered: Dec 2007  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
BoxerMom
Frequent Contributor (1K+ posts)
Member # 25251

Icon 1 posted      Profile for BoxerMom     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I took that combo. I stayed on Mepron for a full year, with other abx rotating in and out.

We feel my Babesia is under control, as I have no more Babs symptoms. I'm making great progress on my Lyme and Bart.

Plan to treat your Babs until you have no more symptoms, however long that takes. Undertreated Babesia makes Lyme and Bart treatment less effective.

--------------------
 - Must...find...BRAIN!!!

Posts: 2867 | From Pacific NW | Registered: Apr 2010  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
t9im
Member # 25489

Icon 1 posted      Profile for t9im   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
My daughter has been on this combo since May 12th (so we are now starting the 11th week).

In week 6 the constant day fever broke (she had been running a day fever between 100.5 to 101.5 every day since January).

Still have the night sweats, fatigue is less but still there, head aches are bad is she does anything strenous and breathing can still be an issue especially in the heat and humidity.

Have to watch the Mepron side effects with depression / mood swings (hard as my daughter is 10 so other hormone issues coming into play).

Have to watch the Zith with the liver (lemon water constantly).

Probiotics constant in betwen medications.

She has started to have more good days (relative in comparison to the constant bad days of the past) but after 3 in a row we are in the 4th bad day now (which may be part of herxing).

Her Lyme symptoms are still there (joint swelling, bone pain,) but attention has improved.

My bigest fear is Bart shows up as we fight the Babs.

This is slow and unfortunately I've read 6 months to a year to treat the Babs. I think we'll start a 3rd drug for Lyme in September.

--------------------
Tim

Posts: 1111 | From Glastonbury, CT | Registered: Apr 2010  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
pj1954
LymeNet Contributor
Member # 11722

Icon 1 posted      Profile for pj1954     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
this is not one of those feel good combo's for me , its I feel so much better after I quit this combo.

I saw many improvements from the zith, the night sweats decreased too !

had to revisit this one because I was not on it long enough the first time.

Posts: 294 | From sw chicago suburbs | Registered: Apr 2007  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
luvs2ride
Member # 8090

Icon 1 posted      Profile for luvs2ride     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I took Mepron and Zith for 7 mths for my babesia ducani and did really well. My symptoms vanished quickly. It has been a year since I stopped the Mepron (I'm still on the Zith) and so far, my babesia has never returned.

--------------------
When the Power of Love overcomes the Love of Power, there will be Peace.

Posts: 3038 | From america | Registered: Oct 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
asummers
LymeNet Contributor
Member # 18068

Icon 1 posted      Profile for asummers     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Been on zith (500mg) mepron (heaping servings) flagyl (1000mg) for 7 months. I have never felt better. It has gotten me from the couch to the gym, I can't believe it! I also added Larium as well. No psych side-effects for me.
Posts: 379 | From Sydney, Australia | Registered: Nov 2008  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
sunshine1
Member # 18806

i am so grateful for your responses ... today i feel like i am in that depression tunnel. I can't think ... terrible brain fog .... should i stop zith and mepron for a few days? ugh. or should i stay on one and "see". i've always done good on flagyl. weird, huh. but, looks like asummers likes it too. thank you so much for the depression warnings. i appreciate it!!

--------------------
rebecca

seekhelp
Frequent Contributor (5K+ posts)
Member # 15067

Icon 1 posted      Profile for seekhelp     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I hope so bad I see that day again (the gym). [Smile] Congrats.

quote:
Originally posted by asummers:
Been on zith (500mg) mepron (heaping servings) flagyl (1000mg) for 7 months. I have never felt better. It has gotten me from the couch to the gym, I can't believe it! I also added Larium as well. No psych side-effects for me.

Posts: 7545 | From The 5th Dimension - The Twilight Zone | Registered: Mar 2008  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
asummers
LymeNet Contributor
Member # 18068

Icon 1 posted      Profile for asummers     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Sunshine1-- hang in there! I remember when I first started there were days I was thinking...holy herx! My fatigue & brain fog were really bad. Those are my herx symptoms

But I just kept telling myself the way out of this is thru. And it was at this point I started to get serious about detox. ( it is one of Springshowers favorite things to do- hehe) I used my FIR sauna more, increased my lemon water intake, started coffee enemas (these are a life saver & gets rid of my headache) & I do lymph drainage massages.

I know everyones tolerance levels are different so it is really important to listen to your body. I would stay on the zith/flagyl & let up on the Mepron if u are really bad.

Like you - I LOVE flagyl. I think we are in the minority [Smile]

Seek-- you will see the inside of a gym again, I just know it. I am taking it easy & only doing yoga, stretching & palaties. One day at a time they say.

[ 07-29-2010, 05:50 AM: Message edited by: asummers ]

Posts: 379 | From Sydney, Australia | Registered: Nov 2008  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
sunshine1
Member # 18806

ahh. asummers, if i see the inside of a gym or even yoga!!! it would really be something. I am getting better, but after 7 years in bed with no hope and now one year diagnosed and herxing!! This disease is unrelenting. At this point, i'm counting my body as the most bizarre as it doesn't seem to know where it is going.

i was freaking out last night and muscle tested myself and was positive for minocycline. I didn't take zith or mepron and took one minocycline. Today my head is clear and I feel much better. My liver is ticked, however, so I will spend the next day babying my liver. After last night my husband begged me not to take anything today..... i won't.

--------------------
rebecca

pj1954
LymeNet Contributor
Member # 11722

Icon 1 posted      Profile for pj1954     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
keep the faith sunshine1 i'm getting my golf clubs out of retirement next !

have been riding the bike for the last few weeks its been in the shed for the last 4 years !

Posts: 294 | From sw chicago suburbs | Registered: Apr 2007  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Amelia
LymeNet Contributor
Member # 17677

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Amelia     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Keep the faith indeed Sunshine! I am with you on this road... just started... But seeing the
success stories here... are such a blessing...

Hooray for GYMS! Golf Clubs and folks that care enough to share their experience... Bless you all!

Bring on the Mepron and Zith... [group hug]

Posts: 243 | From Charleston, SC | Registered: Oct 2008  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator

Quick Reply
HTML is not enabled.
UBB Code� is enabled.

Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | LymeNet home page | Privacy Statement