LymeNet Home LymeNet Home Page LymeNet Flash Discussion LymeNet Support Group Database LymeNet Literature Library LymeNet Legal Resources LymeNet Medical & Scientific Abstract Database LymeNet Newsletter Home Page LymeNet Recommended Books LymeNet Tick Pictures Search The LymeNet Site LymeNet Links LymeNet Frequently Asked Questions About The Lyme Disease Network LymeNet Menu

LymeNet on Facebook

LymeNet on Twitter

The Lyme Disease Network receives a commission from Amazon.com for each purchase originating from this site.

When purchasing from Amazon.com, please
click here first.

Thank you.

LymeNet Flash Discussion
Dedicated to the Bachmann Family

LymeNet needs your help:
LymeNet 2020 fund drive

The Lyme Disease Network is a non-profit organization funded by individual donations.

LymeNet Flash Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply
my profile | directory login | register | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» LymeNet Flash » Questions and Discussion » Medical Questions » Doc has my Igenex results.

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: Doc has my Igenex results.
Tricky Tickey
Frequent Contributor (1K+ posts)
Member # 26546

Icon 11 posted      Profile for Tricky Tickey     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Well, I spoke to my LLMD yesterday on the phone. They got my test back. It's not a total positive. I understood him to say it was negative, but not totally. What he said was this, "If you were pregnant, you are either pregnant or not, not a little pregnant, but all pregnant." I took this to mean, if your test comes back inconclusive, cloudy, or partially positive, you ARE positive. He said he'd have to explain it to me in detail when I come back, which won't be until Sept.7. Regardless, we're going on with treatment.

He also suggest I get a test for MS.

He's added Flagyl to the regime; to be filtered into my dosing gradually. On the days I take the Flagyl, I skip the Doxy. He said he's trying to prevent a severe Herx.

So, here we go. I have good & bad days. My elbows hurt pretty darn bad, especially the left. But it only comes in spurts. So whatever happens, happens. I'm tired & I want my life back.

--------------------
Early Disseminated LD- 2010.
Currently doing acupuncture and yoga.
Negative Igenex (IND & Pos Bands)
ISSUES AFTER: Tendonitis, letter reversal, Low immune system.
PREVENTION:SaltC,Iodine,Humaworm,
Chiropractic.

Posts: 1013 | From In a van down by the river. | Registered: Jun 2010  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
BoxerMom
Member # 25251

Icon 1 posted      Profile for BoxerMom     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
My Igenex were negative by both CDC and Igenex standards. I had maybe one positive band and a few indeterminates. This is still indicative of Lyme. Your doc will explain.

Don't despair. Being diagnosed and in treatment is the first step toward getting well. It sounds like you have a good doc. That is key. Just keep doing your program.

--------------------
 - Must...find...BRAIN!!!

Posts: 2867 | From Pacific NW | Registered: Apr 2010  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Sophie1234
LymeNet Contributor
Member # 26412

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Sophie1234     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Hi, just want to let you know that there isn't one "test" for MS, it is a diagnosis of exclusion. They can look for lesions on your brain/spine, do a neurological exam, a spinal tap (DON'T do a tap is my very strong opinion)etc. Then after they rule out other stuff and look at the results of all exams, etc., they make a determination of MS.

Also, "MS" simply means "Multiple Scars" (or lesions) It is a name for a group of symptoms. I have an MS diagnosis, which I believe was induced by Lyme infection. I currently treat both.

Posts: 113 | From CA | Registered: Jun 2010  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Tricky Tickey
Member # 26546

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Tricky Tickey     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
To Sophie:
I thought he meant MS as in Multiple Schlerosis. I know that Lyme mimics MS, so that's what I thought. Well, I'm going to my OB doc next week anyway. I'll ask him about it too. But I don't have MS, I know it.
To Boxer Mom: I think the word he used was the same word you used: indeterminate. It's really early in the disease for me (exposed early May) so I would assume not a lot of bands would be present at this point, but I know nothing about lab testing, etc. My first test was positive for one band only: p41, as are many.

Regardless, I've got a clinical diagnosis for sure. I'm going on with treatment, tired as I am.

--------------------
Early Disseminated LD- 2010.
Currently doing acupuncture and yoga.
Negative Igenex (IND & Pos Bands)
ISSUES AFTER: Tendonitis, letter reversal, Low immune system.
PREVENTION:SaltC,Iodine,Humaworm,
Chiropractic.

Posts: 1013 | From In a van down by the river. | Registered: Jun 2010  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
janet thomas
Member # 7122

Icon 1 posted      Profile for janet thomas     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Here's an explanation of western Blot testing-

http://flash.lymenet.org/ubb/ultimatebb.php/topic/1/42077

--------------------
I am not a doctor and this is not medical advice but only my personal experience and opinion.

Posts: 2001 | From NJ | Registered: Mar 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
janet thomas
Member # 7122

Icon 1 posted      Profile for janet thomas     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Here's an explanation of western Blot testing-

http://flash.lymenet.org/ubb/ultimatebb.php/topic/1/42077

--------------------
I am not a doctor and this is not medical advice but only my personal experience and opinion.

Posts: 2001 | From NJ | Registered: Mar 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator

Quick Reply
HTML is not enabled.
UBB Code� is enabled.

Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | LymeNet home page | Privacy Statement