LymeNet Home LymeNet Home Page LymeNet Flash Discussion LymeNet Support Group Database LymeNet Literature Library LymeNet Legal Resources LymeNet Medical & Scientific Abstract Database LymeNet Newsletter Home Page LymeNet Recommended Books LymeNet Tick Pictures Search The LymeNet Site LymeNet Links LymeNet Frequently Asked Questions About The Lyme Disease Network LymeNet Menu

LymeNet on Facebook

LymeNet on Twitter

The Lyme Disease Network receives a commission from Amazon.com for each purchase originating from this site.

When purchasing from Amazon.com, please
click here first.

Thank you.

LymeNet Flash Discussion
Dedicated to the Bachmann Family

LymeNet needs your help:
LymeNet 2020 fund drive

The Lyme Disease Network is a non-profit organization funded by individual donations.

LymeNet Flash Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply
my profile | directory login | register | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» LymeNet Flash » Questions and Discussion » Medical Questions » can i eat popcorn and yogurt on candida diet

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: can i eat popcorn and yogurt on candida diet
randibear
Honored Contributor (10K+ posts)
Member # 11290

Icon 1 posted      Profile for randibear     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
i know only meat, vegetables and water for the candida diet.

but could i eat rice cakes or popcorn? one book said rice is ok, another said no.

and one said nuts are ok. does that mean just a handful of almonds or so. umm, then peanut butter is out, right?

also, one says yogurt but the yeast connection book says absolutely no dairy.

i'm confused, as usual.......

--------------------
do not look back when the only course is forward

Posts: 12262 | From texas | Registered: Mar 2007  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
gatorade girl
LymeNet Contributor
Member # 24896

Icon 1 posted      Profile for gatorade girl   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I agree it is confusing. I read somewhere that yogurt that Is plain is okay. Feel better.

--------------------
gatorade girl

"I still have Mt.Everest to climb, but I have traveled across the world and arrived at the mountain".

Posts: 633 | From baltimore | Registered: Mar 2010  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
troutscout
Frequent Contributor (5K+ posts)
Member # 3121

Icon 1 posted      Profile for troutscout     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
No popcorn...

its solid starch.

No flavored yogurt...including vanilla.

Plain Yogurt...is what it should say. No sugar or fruit added.

I also recommend:

www.CustomProbiotics.com

--------------------
Now is the time in your life to find the "tiger" within.
Let the claws be bared,
and Lyme BEWARE!!!
www.iowalymedisease.com
[/URL]  -

Posts: 5262 | From North East Iowa | Registered: Sep 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
canefan17
Member # 22149

Icon 1 posted      Profile for canefan17     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I eat popcorn. I use fresh kernels and pop them.

I sprinkle melted almond butter + olive oil on top and put in freezer for 30 minutes before eating.

Soooooooo goooooood!

Posts: 5394 | From Houston, Tx | Registered: Aug 2009  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Sophie1234
LymeNet Contributor
Member # 26412

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Sophie1234     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I must confess I am a popcorn-aholic. I eat Newmans Own (he makes an organic), and I don't think (think) it is an issue for me.

I also drink Kefir, which is like a liquid yogurt, full of probiotics. I buy unsweetened and add Stevia drops. I love it!

Posts: 113 | From CA | Registered: Jun 2010  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Lymetoo
Member # 743

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Lymetoo     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
BROWN rice only.. or wild rice. Rice cakes are pure starch.

Popcorn.. not good.

peanuts.. not good

almonds, walnuts, pecans, OK...

Use almond butter and celery!!

Yogurt CAN be counterproductive. It always contains a certain amount of milk sugar. If you think you have to have it.. then go as organic and low sugar as you can.

--------------------
--Lymetutu--
Opinions, not medical advice!

Posts: 96222 | From Texas | Registered: Feb 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
canefan17
Member # 22149

Icon 1 posted      Profile for canefan17     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Organic Brown Rice Cakes should be ok.
Posts: 5394 | From Houston, Tx | Registered: Aug 2009  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
BackinStOlaf
Frequent Contributor (1K+ posts)
Member # 23725

Icon 1 posted      Profile for BackinStOlaf     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
When I was on it hard-core, I ate brown rice cakes with no issue. I used to put almond butter on them.

--------------------
First Symptom 9/09
Multiple docs, negative Labcorp test
LLMD: 1/10
Positive Igenex/CDC test
Treatment 2/10
2/10-8/10 Amox, ceftin, zith, flagyl
Currently: Bicillin, Minocycline, still dealing with severe breathing issues

-

Posts: 1121 | From New York, New York | Registered: Dec 2009  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
LightAtTheEnd
LymeNet Contributor
Member # 24065

Icon 1 posted      Profile for LightAtTheEnd     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
On gluten free, you can eat rice cakes and popcorn (assuming they don't have something added with gluten in it).

On low carb (=low sugar because all carbs become glucose after you eat them), no. On low carb you want to avoid sugar, flour and everything made out of grain, including rice, corn, oats, etc., though you can have a small amount of any of those things, spread out through the day and always eaten together with protein and fat, and it isn't as bad as eating a bag of candy or a basket or bread.

If you do eat rice cakes, though, organic brown rice ones will be better than the white rice ones. Look at the package for grams of carbs (minus grams of fiber) and get the lowest one, or eat half a rice cake.

Popcorn is all carb, and encourages you to eat a lot at once. Rice cakes are at least measured in limited servings so they're easier to control how much you eat.

I got rid of my candida while still drinking a few swallows a day of organic strawberry kefir that does have regular sugar in it, figuring that the benefit of the live probiotics balanced out the presence of the sugar and the carbs from the milk, and I'm not eating more than an ounce or two a day. Still, if I start doing this long term, I should get the plain kind and add stevia. It would be good in a smoothie with almond butter and fruit.

You can eat eggs and nuts too. Eggs are easy, fast, cheap and go great with vegetables.

Peanuts are an allergen and can be moldy (and you're fighting a fungus already), and they have more carbs than some other nuts. Other nuts are better for you, and while you could eat quite a lot of them, they will fill you up because they have a lot of fat and fiber in them. Almond butter is good--you might find you like it as well as peanut butter or better.

You can get organic shelled walnuts, pecans and almonds in the baking area. If you want salt on them, you can add sea salt when you get home, and miss out on whatever extra stuff they put in the powder on the presalted ones. You can also buy them roasted but not salted, which I like. Once I mixed some plain walnuts, dried unsweetened coconut, and salt in a container and it was yummy.

There is a company that makes freeze dried organic fruits and vegetables. They have a vegetable mix that you can eat dry right out of the package as a crunchy snack. The "veggies" contain corn and peas, though (starch). The overall taste is slightly sweet. Still, it's organic and also contains red peppers, etc. so it has vitamins, and it's probably better for you than straight popcorn, potato chips or rice, and convenient because it keeps a long time. They have a website but I found them in a display rack at the health food store in little clear plastic tubs.

--------------------
Don't forget to laugh! And when you're going through hell, keep going!

Bitten 5/25/2009 in Perry County, Indiana. Diagnosed by LLMD 12/2/2009.

Posts: 756 | From Inside the tunnel | Registered: Jan 2010  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
gwb
Member # 7273

Icon 1 posted      Profile for gwb     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
On Sunday nights we eat organic popcorn cooked in lots of coconut oil, drizzled in unsalted organic butter, sprinkled with Himalayan salt and a few slices of raw milk cheddar cheese.

Popcorn has been our Sunday night tradition for years. However, the coconut oil, unsalted organic butter and raw cheddar cheese is something we started about 6 months ago. So good--and healthy! : )

Gary

Posts: 1349 | From OK | Registered: May 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
nefferdun
Member # 20157

Icon 1 posted      Profile for nefferdun     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I have an ice cream maker that pops into the freezer so you don't need ice. I make frozen yogurt and it is SOOO good! I can sweeten it a little with honey or maple syrup (lately just get the vanilla which doesn't have much sugar) and add fresh fruit.

I have been on abx for 9 months straight and do not have yeast. I take nystantin every other day. I think you can eat treats when they are good for you.

Cut up apples with slices of cheese is good too. And frozen juice popcycles are incredible.

I eat popcorn once in awhile - I just don't eat candy, pop and junk food.

--------------------
old joke: idiopathic means the patient is pathological and the the doctor is an idiot

Posts: 4676 | From western Montana | Registered: Apr 2009  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator

Quick Reply
HTML is not enabled.
UBB Code� is enabled.

Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | LymeNet home page | Privacy Statement