LymeNet Home LymeNet Home Page LymeNet Flash Discussion LymeNet Support Group Database LymeNet Literature Library LymeNet Legal Resources LymeNet Medical & Scientific Abstract Database LymeNet Newsletter Home Page LymeNet Recommended Books LymeNet Tick Pictures Search The LymeNet Site LymeNet Links LymeNet Frequently Asked Questions About The Lyme Disease Network LymeNet Menu

LymeNet on Facebook

LymeNet on Twitter

The Lyme Disease Network receives a commission from Amazon.com for each purchase originating from this site.

When purchasing from Amazon.com, please
click here first.

Thank you.

LymeNet Flash Discussion
Dedicated to the Bachmann Family

LymeNet needs your help:
LymeNet 2020 fund drive

The Lyme Disease Network is a non-profit organization funded by individual donations.

LymeNet Flash Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply
my profile | directory login | register | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» LymeNet Flash » Questions and Discussion » Medical Questions » pain in feet

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: pain in feet
Ang13
Member # 26991

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Ang13     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I was just wondering if anyone else experiences pain in the soles of their feet? My feet hurt even when I first wake up in the morning, by the end of the day I can barely walk on them...any suggestions would be greatly appreciated.
Posts: 16 | From Fredericton | Registered: Jul 2010  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
TF
Frequent Contributor (5K+ posts)
Member # 14183

Icon 1 posted      Profile for TF     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
This is a classic bartonella symptom. Bartonella is a common coinfection found in lyme patients.

See the following from Burrascano lyme treatment guidelines:

BARTONELLA & ''BARTONELLA-LIKE ORGANISMS''-
� Gradual onset of initial illness.
� CNS symptoms are out of proportion to the musculoskeletal ones- if a patient has no or minimal joint complaints but is severely encephalopathic (see below), then think of Bartonella/BLO.
� Obvious signs of CNS irritability can include muscle twitches, tremors, insomnia, seizures, agitation, anxiety, severe mood swings, outbursts and antisocial behavior.
� GI involvement may present as gastritis or abdominal pain (mesenteric adenitis).
� Sore soles, especially in the morning.
� Tender sub-cutaneous nodules along the extremities, especially outer thigh, shins, and occasionally along the triceps.
� Occasional lymphadenopathy.
� Morning fevers, usually around 99. Occasionally light sweats are noted.
� Elevated vascular endothelial growth factor (VEGF) occurs in a minority, but the degree of elevation correlates with activity of the infection and may be used to monitor treatment.
� Rapid response to treatment changes- often symptoms improve within days after antibiotics are begun, but relapses occur also within days if medication is withdrawn early.
� May have papular or linear red rashes (like stretch marks that do not always follow skin planes), especially in those with GI involvement.

page 26

http://www.ilads.org/lyme_disease/B_guidelines_12_17_08.pdf

Your symptom is the 5th bullet in the list of symptoms.

You will need to be treated for bartonella for this symptom to go away. Lyme treatment will not work. Bartonella requires other medications.

Posts: 9931 | From Maryland | Registered: Dec 2007  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
sixgoofykids
Member # 11141

Icon 1 posted      Profile for sixgoofykids   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
As mentioned before, classic bartonella.

It also can be caused by a sluggish lymphatic system. Buhner recommends red root tincture for lymph in the book Healing Lyme.

--------------------
sixgoofykids.blogspot.com

Posts: 13449 | From Ohio | Registered: Feb 2007  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Amelia
LymeNet Contributor
Member # 17677

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Amelia     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Hi: I would say same as what they have said above,

but I will tell you that I think Tyndemax and Flagyl

may well have given me neuropathy which caused

terrible foot pain. However, herxing can

cause it too... so my doc doesn't know but does

not want me on the Flagyl or Tindemax.

I did not have a lot of pain in the morning- it was

more towards the end of the day and a burning,

stabbing pain. Detox helped me a lot too. Best--

Posts: 243 | From Charleston, SC | Registered: Oct 2008  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
t9im
Frequent Contributor (1K+ posts)
Member # 25489

Icon 1 posted      Profile for t9im   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
ang

If its bone pain, heel and ball of foot, maybe Lyme. Not saying its not Bart, but it could just be Lyme. Bart has the headaches & rash to help identify it.

--------------------
Tim

Posts: 1111 | From Glastonbury, CT | Registered: Apr 2010  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
cityroam1
Member # 24787

Icon 1 posted      Profile for cityroam1     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Sounds like the same pain I have. I have asked every doctor under the sun and get no answer. My feet, mostly soles/heels hurt so bad that it is a stuggle to walk. It is so bad when I first get up in the morning, I have to hold on the bed, dresser then the wall to get out of the bedroom. If I walk more than a few feet the pain is unbelieveable. My heels throb all the time, even while I am sitting.

This was one of the first symptoms that started for me so for me it's not related to herxing.

I was tested for co-infections and from what my llmd said, it was negative. If you find an answer please post it. I am dying to know what is causing it.

Posts: 75 | From NE Ohio | Registered: Mar 2010  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Ang13
Member # 26991

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Ang13     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I will post anything that I find out about this symptom. thanks all...
Posts: 16 | From Fredericton | Registered: Jul 2010  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
TF
Member # 14183

Icon 1 posted      Profile for TF     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
cityroam, the bartonella and babesiosis tests are as inaccurate as the lyme test. So, you are supposed to be diagnosed based on symptoms, not test results.

Non-lyme doctors won't have a clue about bartonella, so don't look for any of them to figure it out.

In my opinion, your doc needs to give you a trial of bart meds to see how your body reacts and if the pain resolves. If it does, that tells the tale.

Posts: 9931 | From Maryland | Registered: Dec 2007  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
17hens
Member # 23747

Icon 1 posted      Profile for 17hens     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Cityroam, I totally agree with TF. Diagnosis must be clinical with test results only an added plus.

Too many people on here have tested positive only for lyme and come to find out they are not improving because they have a hidden co-infection.

I know I have Bart. Foot pain has been a major symptom for me. It started with heel pain, went into plantar fasciitis (completely relieved by a short time on IV abx) and now is heel/sole pain.

It feels like someone smashed my bones with a baseball bat. It used to hurt all the time.

Now it's worse in the morning when I first get up (and yes, I have to hold on to the bed) but the more I walk, the better it gets. And it hurts in the evening, all evening, pretty badly. I often walk bent over because I can't put my foot down flat and walk normally in the evening.

When I was on Rifampin and Zith, I noticed the most improvement with my Bart symptoms including the foot/heel pain. After 4 months of that the pain was almost gone!

Then I had 8 days of no meds, changed abx. and things are getting worse again. Thankfully I see my LLMD this week.

I just got my first Bart rash, like prickly heat, on the nape of my neck. I'd never had any Bart rash before. I have had headaches (not an overwhelming amount) across the top of my head and forehead.

My kids both have Bartonella streaks on their hips and my daughter has Bartonella stretch marks on the back of her knees and on her thighs.

My husband, who's had very intermittent symptoms, has had Bart rashes and heel pain come out with treatment.

Please don't waste your valuable time and money treating only lyme even though you have coinfection symptoms just because you have a negative test.

I know too many people who've treated lyme for a year or more and don't improve because they have hidden coinfections. The diagnosis must be clinical.

Just MHO.

--------------------
"My flesh and my heart may fail, but God is the strength of my heart and my portion forever." Psalms 73:26

bit 4/09, diagnosed 1/10

Posts: 3043 | From PA | Registered: Dec 2009  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
'Kete-tracker
Member # 17189

Icon 1 posted      Profile for 'Kete-tracker     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Pain in the Soles of the feet?
If you've been dealing with any kind of tick bite in the past, I'd say it sounds like classic bartonella.

You should be properly evaluated by a doctor famliar with tick-borne infections.
If you don't know who to go see, hop on over to the "Seeking a Doctor " flash discussion board & Post. [Wink]

Posts: 1233 | From Dover, NH | Registered: Sep 2008  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Pinelady
Member # 18524

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Pinelady     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I have noticed a lot of people who test pos. for RMSF have foot pain. So who knows for sure.

Mine hurt like that and I only tested for Lyme.

Hot Epsom salt soaks, and ginger and lemon rubs along with my thyroid helped mine...

--------------------
Suspected Lyme 07 Test neg One band migrating in IgG region
unable to identify.Igenex Jan.09IFA titer 1:40 IND
IgM neg pos
31 +++ 34 IND 39 IND 41 IND 83-93 +
DX:Neuroborreliosis

Posts: 5850 | From Kentucky | Registered: Dec 2008  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
cityroam1
Member # 24787

Icon 1 posted      Profile for cityroam1     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
The sad thing is, I have been told by 2 LLMD that I don't have co-infections. I am doing interviews for a 3rd LLMD this week.

Maybe the 3rd times a charm.. [Smile]

ps.. what is RMSF?

Posts: 75 | From NE Ohio | Registered: Mar 2010  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
BackinStOlaf
Member # 23725

Icon 1 posted      Profile for BackinStOlaf     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Rocky Mountain Spotted Fever

--------------------
First Symptom 9/09
Multiple docs, negative Labcorp test
LLMD: 1/10
Positive Igenex/CDC test
Treatment 2/10
2/10-8/10 Amox, ceftin, zith, flagyl
Currently: Bicillin, Minocycline, still dealing with severe breathing issues

-

Posts: 1121 | From New York, New York | Registered: Dec 2009  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
17hens
Member # 23747

Icon 1 posted      Profile for 17hens     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
You mean it's not even up for discussion? Can you show them an excellent symptom list and discuss it? Could you start treatment for Bart and see what happens? Do you have brain fog, fatigue, aggitation, depression, anger issues which are totally out of character?

I had these things for years not knowing that something was causing it. With treatment, they flaired big time (for 3 weeks) and then dissipated.

My light bulb moment came when a good friend said, "wow, you're like your old self again."

I just can't believe they aren't at least open for discussion. It only makes sense...

--------------------
"My flesh and my heart may fail, but God is the strength of my heart and my portion forever." Psalms 73:26

bit 4/09, diagnosed 1/10

Posts: 3043 | From PA | Registered: Dec 2009  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
17hens
Member # 23747

http://www.truthaboutlymedisease.com/phpBB3/viewtopic.php?f=10&t=313

http://www.canlyme.com/seronegreasons.html

--------------------

bit 4/09, diagnosed 1/10

Ang13
Member # 26991

thank you all... i will try the foot soak...I cant beleive all of the symptoms and pain this disease causes..i actually had a dr recently tell me he didn't really beleive in lyme or something to that affect..he was so dismissive, c'est la vie I guess...I'm just so blessed that I do have a dr who is educated on all of this...so i'll keep on keepin on..oh ya and i've also been getting a rash lately...like hives or something..pretty itchy and they are quite long like stretch marks...annoying..is that bart too?
'Kete-tracker
Member # 17189

Icon 1 posted      Profile for 'Kete-tracker     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Quote:
"...quite long like stretch marks"
YES! That's ANOTHER Classic Bartonella sign...
DUH!!! ("Image-google" 'bartonella rash')

(Did that other doctor really say,"I don't really believe in Lyme."... as in it doesn't EXIST?
Or that it isn't found in your Area? [Embarrassed]

BTW... what IS your area? New Brunswick?
'Gee, I forgot. The deer ticks haven't gotten thier Passports yet. CAN'T be Lyme.')

Posts: 1233 | From Dover, NH | Registered: Sep 2008  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Ang13
Member # 26991

Lmao...that's funny ticks with passports, very clever, he said that he would treat someone if they came in with the actual tick or bullseye bite but other than that i guess a person is s.o.l. with him. anyway my doctor is on vacation for the next week and other than the bart rash and pain in my feet, the rest of my symptoms are not too bad right now, I think i'm going to try going back to work and start living my life..i feel frustrated from being home and not feeling well enough to be out in the world, hopefully the energy will come back and i will be able to manage...ty for the info on bart rash [Wink]
grandmother
LymeNet Contributor
Member # 19908

Icon 1 posted      Profile for grandmother     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
A local pharmacist told me diabetics and borderline diabetics can have extremely sore feet while on Flagyl.
Posts: 921 | From CT | Registered: Apr 2009  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator

Quick Reply
HTML is not enabled.
UBB Code� is enabled.

Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | LymeNet home page | Privacy Statement