LymeNet Home LymeNet Home Page LymeNet Flash Discussion LymeNet Support Group Database LymeNet Literature Library LymeNet Legal Resources LymeNet Medical & Scientific Abstract Database LymeNet Newsletter Home Page LymeNet Recommended Books LymeNet Tick Pictures Search The LymeNet Site LymeNet Links LymeNet Frequently Asked Questions About The Lyme Disease Network LymeNet Menu

LymeNet on Facebook

LymeNet on Twitter

The Lyme Disease Network receives a commission from Amazon.com for each purchase originating from this site.

When purchasing from Amazon.com, please
click here first.

Thank you.

LymeNet Flash Discussion
Dedicated to the Bachmann Family

LymeNet needs your help:
LymeNet 2020 fund drive

The Lyme Disease Network is a non-profit organization funded by individual donations.

LymeNet Flash Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply
my profile | directory login | register | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» LymeNet Flash » Questions and Discussion » Medical Questions » Lyme ticks only in certain states, 3 days to contract Lyme??

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: Lyme ticks only in certain states, 3 days to contract Lyme??
'Kete-tracker
Frequent Contributor (1K+ posts)
Member # 17189

Icon 8 posted      Profile for 'Kete-tracker     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Just given this... off of the New England Health Advisory website.

www.nehealthadvisory.com

The usual misinformation & occasional absurdities.
Written by one 'Marie Rosenthal', a "contributing editor". excerpts:

In 2006, the Infectious Diseases Society of America (IDSA) issued guidelines on diagnosing and treating Lyme disease. In the recommendations, the IDSA said that there is no evidence of a chronic form of the disease requiring long-term antibiotics. However, not everyone agrees.

The issue is so contentious that Connecticut Attorney General Richard Blumenthal challenged the 2006 Lyme disease guidelines. As a result, an independent review panel spent more than a year studying the evidence relating to Lyme disease and its treatment. The panel included an ombudsman that the Attorney General helped appoint, so that there would be an added level of independence and oversight.

"After analyzing more than 1,000 studies and listening to the testimony of people from all walks of life, the panel unanimously agreed that the IDSA's 2006 Lyme disease guidelines, which are based on the highest-quality medical and scientific evidence available, are correct. In fact, they are corroborated by guidelines and statements by other U.S. and European medical scientists. "

"Lyme Disease: The Basics

Lyme disease is not an easy disease to get. Fewer than 30,000 people a year develop Lyme disease, according to the Centers for Disease Control. The particular ticks that spread Lyme disease are only located in certain states. About 95% of the cases occur in 12 out of 50 states. And the tick that transmits B. burgdorferi takes three or more days to infect people. So, if you take your dog for a walk in the woods and see a tick crawling on your arm when you get back into the house, and you remove it, there wasn't time for it to give you Lyme disease.

A person with early Lyme disease usually--but not always--gets one or more red circular rashes. They also may have fatigue, chills and fever, headache, muscle and joint pain and swollen lymph nodes.

Some people suffer from later manifestations of Lyme disease, and they have pretty serious symptoms: arthritis, nervous system problems such as numbness, pain, nerve paralysis and meningitis. They also can have irregular heartbeats and have problems with memory or cognition, fatigue, headache and sleep disturbances.

Whether in the early or late stages, Lyme disease is treated with a two- to four- week course of antibiotics. Sometimes patients with late Lyme need a second course of antibiotics, but they don't need antibiotics for months and years."
----------------------
Very unfortunate her section on "explaining" Lyme is titled so similarly to the Excellent phamphlet distributed by the folks at lymepa.org
Only more confusion... & needless suffering.

Posts: 1233 | From Dover, NH | Registered: Sep 2008  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
BackinStOlaf
Member # 23725

Icon 1 posted      Profile for BackinStOlaf     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
a-holes

--------------------
First Symptom 9/09
Multiple docs, negative Labcorp test
LLMD: 1/10
Positive Igenex/CDC test
Treatment 2/10
2/10-8/10 Amox, ceftin, zith, flagyl
Currently: Bicillin, Minocycline, still dealing with severe breathing issues

-

Posts: 1121 | From New York, New York | Registered: Dec 2009  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
onbam
Unregistered

Icon 1 posted            Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
yep, same old bs from the feeb ducks.
IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
LSG Scott
LymeNet Contributor
Member # 21624

Icon 1 posted      Profile for LSG Scott     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
they should be in Jail

--------------------
LSG Scott

Posts: 513 | From Boston, Cape Cod, Mass | Registered: Aug 2009  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
sutherngrl
Member # 16270

Icon 1 posted      Profile for sutherngrl     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Everything they say is one huge lie after another! Its the only thing they are good at.

They are absolutely the most disgusting doctors I have ever encountered; and I personally do not consider them physicians. A real physician wants to heal people, not harm them.

Posts: 4035 | From Mississippi | Registered: Jul 2008  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
momintexas
Member # 23391

Icon 1 posted      Profile for momintexas   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Heavy sigh.......
[shake]

Posts: 1408 | From Tx | Registered: Nov 2009  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Lymetoo
Member # 743

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Lymetoo     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
"usually get a rash" .. BIG lie

--------------------
--Lymetutu--
Opinions, not medical advice!

Posts: 96222 | From Texas | Registered: Feb 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Tricky Tickey
Member # 26546

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Tricky Tickey     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
This is absolutely appalling!!!! [Eek!] I'm amazed at the lie! If I was there, I'd be on that person like a rat on a cheetoh! This infuriates me!!!

LIELIELIELIELIELIE! LIE!!!!!!@!

--------------------
Early Disseminated LD- 2010.
Currently doing acupuncture and yoga.
Negative Igenex (IND & Pos Bands)
ISSUES AFTER: Tendonitis, letter reversal, Low immune system.
PREVENTION:SaltC,Iodine,Humaworm,
Chiropractic.

Posts: 1013 | From In a van down by the river. | Registered: Jun 2010  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Tricky Tickey
Member # 26546

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Tricky Tickey     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I just left a nasty reply on that article. Ticked me off!! [cussing]

--------------------
Early Disseminated LD- 2010.
Currently doing acupuncture and yoga.
Negative Igenex (IND & Pos Bands)
ISSUES AFTER: Tendonitis, letter reversal, Low immune system.
PREVENTION:SaltC,Iodine,Humaworm,
Chiropractic.

Posts: 1013 | From In a van down by the river. | Registered: Jun 2010  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
bill+1
Member # 24446

Icon 1 posted      Profile for bill+1     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
[Mad] How in the world can they keep getting away with these lies ? !!

In '93 had bite,rash,flu symptoms,tested positive with elisa.
doc put me on amoxysilin 3 wks. symptoms gone that was it .

'07 started nuro symptoms,3 yrs 15 doctors and ended up dx myself after I found this web site .

sent some blood to Igenex tested positive IGM & IGG . now on treatment 2 months and I think its going to be a long rough road ahead .

God bless us all

--------------------
Wishing us all well !

Posts: 99 | From Southern Illinois | Registered: Feb 2010  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
littlebit27
Member # 24477

Icon 1 posted      Profile for littlebit27   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I hate when I read &^%& like this. It makes me so mad!! It makes me angry for all those people out there that believe this madness.

I tell EVERYONE I meet about Lyme Disease. I squeeze in my symptom list whenever possible. I know most people think I'm crazy but hey if one day they start experiencing something weird and say to themselves wait, this is what that woman was talking about...could this be Lyme, then them thinking I was crazy was worth it.

--------------------
*Brittany Lyme Aware on FB*
http://littlebithaslyme.wordpress.com/

Posts: 2310 | From Southeast | Registered: Feb 2010  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
kidsgotlyme
Member # 23691

Icon 1 posted      Profile for kidsgotlyme     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I'd be willing to bet that if any of these ducks got bit by a tick in say....any southern state....I would be willing to bet money that they would secretly start taking doxy as a preventative.

They know the truth. They have to know the truth because it's starting everybody right smack in the eyes! I think someone is lining their pockets to LIE!

--------------------
symptoms since 1993 that I can remember. 9/2018 diagnosed with Borellia, Babesia Duncani, and Bartonella Hensalae thru DNA Connections.

Posts: 1470 | From Tennessee | Registered: Dec 2009  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator

Quick Reply
HTML is not enabled.
UBB Code� is enabled.

Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | LymeNet home page | Privacy Statement