LymeNet Home LymeNet Home Page LymeNet Flash Discussion LymeNet Support Group Database LymeNet Literature Library LymeNet Legal Resources LymeNet Medical & Scientific Abstract Database LymeNet Newsletter Home Page LymeNet Recommended Books LymeNet Tick Pictures Search The LymeNet Site LymeNet Links LymeNet Frequently Asked Questions About The Lyme Disease Network LymeNet Menu

LymeNet on Facebook

LymeNet on Twitter

The Lyme Disease Network receives a commission from Amazon.com for each purchase originating from this site.

When purchasing from Amazon.com, please
click here first.

Thank you.

LymeNet Flash Discussion
Dedicated to the Bachmann Family

LymeNet needs your help:
LymeNet 2020 fund drive

The Lyme Disease Network is a non-profit organization funded by individual donations.

LymeNet Flash Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply
my profile | directory login | register | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» LymeNet Flash » Questions and Discussion » Medical Questions » Ok saw a sex question so I figured I would ask Mine

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: Ok saw a sex question so I figured I would ask Mine
Paul Mall
LymeNet Contributor
Member # 27581

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Paul Mall   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I have been with the same GF for 10 years

but we do use condoms.

wondering if lyme can be transfered from saliva?

I hear it can be passed through intercourse but what about other body fluids such as saliva

I am concerned because if I passed it to my GF and then get it into remission.. I am worried I will get it back again?

she shows no symptoms

Paul

Posts: 925 | From Connecticut | Registered: Aug 2010  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Paul Mall
LymeNet Contributor
Member # 27581

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Paul Mall   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
still waiting for the best answer here... I always go with the one I like the most haha

anyone?

Paul

Posts: 925 | From Connecticut | Registered: Aug 2010  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Lymetoo
Member # 743

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Lymetoo     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
My reply was here!

http://flash.lymenet.org/scripts/ultimatebb.cgi/topic/1/97850?#000000

--------------------
--Lymetutu--
Opinions, not medical advice!

Posts: 96222 | From Texas | Registered: Feb 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
sixgoofykids
Member # 11141

Icon 1 posted      Profile for sixgoofykids   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I asked my LLMD about this. I knew my husband wasn't going to get it from me, but what if he had it and was symptom-free, would I get it from him. We do not use condoms.

My LLMD said he didn't believe it was sexually transmitted. This is not known for sure, some say yes, some no. But, I can say, he doesn't have Lyme and I've been well for a year now and haven't gotten it back.

--------------------
sixgoofykids.blogspot.com

Posts: 13449 | From Ohio | Registered: Feb 2007  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Paul Mall
LymeNet Contributor
Member # 27581

I kind of figured it was a maybe possibly

but not likely is all I really wanted to know

anyway thanks for the input.

Paul

kimmie
LymeNet Contributor
Member # 25547

Icon 1 posted      Profile for kimmie     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Dr J, the pediatric LLMD says no to being transferred via kissing
Posts: 747 | From Utah | Registered: Apr 2010  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
17hens
Frequent Contributor (1K+ posts)
Member # 23747

Icon 1 posted      Profile for 17hens     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Was Dr J talking to a child or to the parents?
[Wink]

--------------------
"My flesh and my heart may fail, but God is the strength of my heart and my portion forever." Psalms 73:26

bit 4/09, diagnosed 1/10

Posts: 3043 | From PA | Registered: Dec 2009  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
sixgoofykids
Member # 11141

Icon 1 posted      Profile for sixgoofykids   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by 17hens:
Was Dr J talking to a child or to the parents?
[Wink]

LOL! Funny! [lol]

Pathetically enough, I kissed few guys before I was married and still know almost all of them. None of them have Lyme or any mysterious symptoms, so my guess is, it's not passed by kissing.

--------------------

Posts: 13449 | From Ohio | Registered: Feb 2007  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
lymeinhell
Frequent Contributor (1K+ posts)
Member # 4622

Icon 1 posted      Profile for lymeinhell     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
But yeast can be passed by saliva.

And because you are on abx, you will eventually get it in some form or another.

And then you'll both need to treat yeast at the same time so that you don't just pass it back and forth.

--------------------
Julie
_ _ ___ _ _
lymeinhell

Blessed are those who expect nothing, for they shall not be disappointed.

Posts: 2258 | From a better place than I was 11 yrs ago | Registered: Sep 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
peter j
LymeNet Contributor
Member # 11825

Icon 1 posted      Profile for peter j     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
If transmission through saliva would be reality a lot more would be infected. So, my opinion is that it's not something to be worried about.
Posts: 275 | From Home | Registered: May 2007  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
TF
Frequent Contributor (5K+ posts)
Member # 14183

Icon 1 posted      Profile for TF     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I had undiagnosed lyme disease for 10 years. The entire time, I was happily married. My husband never caught it from me.

I had lyme, babs, and bart.

Also, we never used any protection.

Even after diagnosis, we did not change anything. (Why? He didn't get sick in the 10 years previous.)

But, lyme doc tested him for lyme through Igenex and he was fine.

I treated lyme and co for 3 years before I got rid of these diseases. So, that is 13 years kissing the same man many times per day.

I also got yeast many times. The first time, I had it for 4 months before I diagnosed myself and got doc to give me meds to clear it up.

The other times, I would get meds and clear it up in a few weeks.

So, unless you notice symptoms in your GF, I don't think I would worry about any of this.

Hubby never had any symptoms. Never.

Posts: 9931 | From Maryland | Registered: Dec 2007  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
jarjar
LymeNet Contributor
Member # 8847

Icon 1 posted      Profile for jarjar     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I asked Dr. C that and he said that about 1 out of 100 married patients that he sees is a case where the spouse has it.

I read where a lady on here posted that she was bitten by a tick that came off her husband from hunting while they were sleeping at night.

I am so glad my spouse never caught it from me. I wouldn't want to be responible for passing this hell to anyone else.

Posts: 805 | From Utopia | Registered: Feb 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Keebler
Honored Contributor (25K+ posts)
Member # 12673

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Keebler     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
-
Remember, too, that candida can be passed back and forth. No small concern, either. Systemic candida can become serious and take years to resolve.

That's why, in addition to probiotics, I think Olive Leaf Extract should be taken by patient and partner.
-

Posts: 48021 | From Tree House | Registered: Jul 2007  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
TN Kim
LymeNet Contributor
Member # 26729

Icon 1 posted      Profile for TN Kim     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
My hubby and I just asked the sex transmission question on my last visit.

He jokingly said, "now I know why he (hubby) came along this time"! [Smile]

Anyway, he said there are no documented cases of Lyme being transmitted sexually and more likely for man to woman than woman to man.

Hubby and I were very happy with that answer! ;0

--------------------
Bite 4/22/12
abx 5/03/12
neg. Lyme
pos. Cpn 5/17/12

Bite 5/22/10
abx 6/25/10

IgM � Igenex Positive & CDC/NYS Positive with 18+ ; 23-25+; 31+; 34+; 41+; 66+; 83-93 (IND)

IgG � Igenex Positive; CDC/NYS Negative with 31+; 39 (IND); 41++; 58+

Posts: 339 | From Tennessee | Registered: Jun 2010  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
jarjar
LymeNet Contributor
Member # 8847

Icon 1 posted      Profile for jarjar     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
You also have to understand also that not everyone gets lyme disease. My brother was bitten ages ago and got the bulls eye rash,did not take antibiotics and is healthy as can be.
Posts: 805 | From Utopia | Registered: Feb 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
erikjh1972
LymeNet Contributor
Member # 20964

Icon 1 posted      Profile for erikjh1972     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
im in the camp that says no, until there's proof one way or another.

--------------------
3 months Doxy
8 months of Tetra
7 months of Biaxin/Plaq.
4 months Doxy/Biaxin/Plaq.
5 months Biaxin/Plaq.
Back on Doxy/Biax/Plaq
On the road to recovery.
Trying to make people Lyme Aware.......

Posts: 289 | From R.I. | Registered: Jun 2009  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
sixgoofykids
Member # 11141

quote:
Originally posted by onbam:
Who else here has actually had their asymptomatic partner tested?
Anybody?

This is the kind of information we desperately need. Does Dr. C test spouses?

My LLMD only tests people who are symptomatic because he treats based on symptoms. He says it's irrelevant whether someone tests positive if they have no symptoms, so my husband was never tested.

My Lyme doc in Germany believes 80% would test positive for Lyme, it's just that not all get sick.

All the current testing shows is antibodies, which shows that at one time you fought the disease. If you have symptoms, you currently have the disease. So, someone may test positive, but that does not mean they have Lyme Disease.

--------------------

Quick Reply
HTML is not enabled.
UBB Code� is enabled.

Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | LymeNet home page | Privacy Statement